FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk how to beat 1-8 in two turns, but I'll let me surprise.

I mean there are two mages, one javelin soldier and a priest. Nailah can't take them out alone within two turns and Volug with halfshift isn't strong enough to ORKO the bandits with 40 HP and about 16-17 defense.

Doesn't Micaiah need 21 AS to double everything? If memory serves, maybe that's just the faster Soldiers, meaning they're less common. But then that means she'll need to attack them on Player Phase to 2HKO them, but being hidden in the dark doesn't allow that.

The level 16-17 soldiers and archers have 15-16 speed in 1-9. Never have faced one with 17 yet.

They start to have 17 speed in 1-F.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Maybe I just screwed myself over by saving on the "Advance" part (not the base). Yeah, that can screw you over pretty hard. When I used to play emulator, the game used to crash on 3-E when I did that (it's probably just on the EU version, but hey, heads up!).

After much contemplation, I think I've decided that I agree with you guys and will use the transfer file, since I probably need to save every bit of BEXP/money I can for late game ridiculous strategies. At this point I'm confident that sub-140 turns is possible, it'll be interesting/cool to see if it can go down to 130.

But for the moment, I need to get done all the work I was supposed to do over Thanksgiving break, then prepare for finals, etc. so this playthrough is on hiatus for a little bit (although I'm finished with everything by December 11, so not too long)

Chiki is going to start working on this too, since with dondon's help he can now RNG abuse. He's removed his videos for the time being so that he can update them, since there's a lot of room for improvement with RNG abuse.

1-6:3+2

1-7:4

1-8:2

1-9:3

1-E:4

2-1:2 or 5

2-2:3

2-3:4

2-E:1

3-P:5?

3-1:3

3-2:2

3-3:4

3-4:4

3-5:1

3-6:6

3-8:3

3-9:2

3-10:3

3-11:3

3-12:1

3-13:1

3-E:3 or 4

4-P:1

4-1:2

4-2:3

4-3:2

4-4:3

4-5:1

Most of these turncounts are very optimistic.

1-9: 3 turns is likely impossible, because someone probably needs Pass for the previous chapter.

3-P: 5 turns is certainly impossible.

3-6: Unlikely, but worth looking at with an RNG abused Jill.

3-12: Impossible to do in 1 turn. Jill and Tauroneo just can't reach the enemies.

3-13: Laura needs to be a Saint to be able to kill Ike with no HP or Res transfers or level ups. Micaiah and Jill need that bexp, which Laura is not going to get. A 2 turn is impossible.

3-E: Impossible to improve on this.

4-P: 1 turn is theoretically possible, but some of the faraway enemies don't attack during the enemy phase, making it practically impossible. A 2 turn is the best you can do.

4-4: This chapter is much, much worse on HM compared to EM.

4-2, 4-3, 4-4: You have to save your Rescue uses during Part 4, so even if you can theoretically cut a turn from one chapter, you might lose a turn in another chapter in the end.

3-13: Laura needs to be a Saint to be able to kill Ike with no HP or Res transfers or level ups. Micaiah and Jill need that bexp, which Laura is not going to get. A 2 turn is impossible.

4-2, 4-3, 4-4: You have to save your Rescue uses during Part 4, so even if you can theoretically cut a turn from one chapter, you might lose a turn in another chapter in the end.

Laura doesn't need to be Saint if you give her Adept. Then she only needs 29 Atk, 5 of which comes from Purge, and 2 of which comes from an A support with Leo, which means only 22 Mag necessary. She starts with 8 Mag IIRC, and gains 1 upon promotion, so that's only 13 levels, which is very doable.

You can get Hammerne in 4 turns from 3-3 (3-4?), so there isn't much of a need to save Rescue uses.

Chiki is going to start working on this too, since with dondon's help he can now RNG abuse.

lol what does this even mean

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3ulalm/sd_card_trick_to_circumvent_suspend_in_fe10/

Edited by ruadath

That's not the only problem. Laura needs B in light magic, and Bishops start off with E. You would have to get 2 hidden Arms Scrolls in Part 1, and buy 1 from Bargains.

Very optimistically, a HM playthrough with RNG abuse should be able to get somewhere around 135 turns. More realistically, you can get somewhere around 145 turns with RNG abuse.

It's extremely easy to get that many Arms Scrolls for Laura. It's not like anyone else needs them anyway. And you've got plenty of money with the DB, so cash isn't really an issue either.

Edited by ruadath

It's been a while since I last took the western route in 1-3, but can you get the Hand Axe/Javelin knights to move (on turn 1 preferably)? A 3 turn of the chapter might barely be possible if you can, but otherwise it is impossible I think. Alternatively, is there a way to kill them on turn 1?

A new strategy I have formulated makes me believe that it may indeed be possible to complete a 3 turn clear of Chapter 1-2 with insane amounts of luck. Unfortunately, too busy with exams at the moment to post the details (let alone attempt the mind-numbing resetting process), but I'll be done on the 9th, so hopefully I can discuss in more detail then.

EDIT: although whether or not this is possible to pull off will also depend on which square an aggro'd archer moves to. I don't know exactly how the AI works in this game, so if anyone can predict this for me in advance (again, will post details to the strategy later), it would be very much appreciated.

EDIT (again): sorry, another false alarm. This strategy fails due to an enemy movement on the second turn which I did not expect.

Edited by ruadath

Sometimes enemy AI id unpredictable. Like, in 1-3, sometimes enemy won't go for Micaiah despite being able to 1HKO her.

Lol, are you talking about that Hand Axe brigand? I also found it strange how he would go after Sothe when he had a pretty decent hit rate on Micaiah (even though she was in the thicket and had Sothe support, still like 50% to KO), but I guess they value not getting countered more?

Wow, how could I forget about the "Give" command?!? I can't believe I didn't see this! With this (Leonardo give Laura to Edward on turn 2) a 3-turn should definitely be possible after having Edward rush forward to drop Laura far ahead, although I'm too busy to work out the details of what exactly is involved at the moment.

EDIT: Confirmed, 3-turn clear is definitely at least plausible, since Edward can get far enough forward to drop Laura in seizing range on turn 2. The only problem left to surmount, then, is actually getting the RNG to work out since we need something ridiculous like 5 Laura dodges (she gets doubled, but at least she has Best Biorhythm) and 1 or 2 Edward or Micaiah dodge (not exactly sure yet). By the way IIRC, the Iron Lance soldier guarding the entrance near the boss doesn't move, but can someone confirm this? confirmed

Edited by ruadath

Odds for Laura to survive are <<< 1%

Odds for Eddie to survive are <<< 1%

I dunno about Leo but he's probably 2HKOd too so his chances are probably also < 1%?

Even if that < 0.001% scenario occurs where everybody survives how is Laura gonna get further from there? IIRC the Soldier east of Laura isn't stationary/a pacifist so him and the archer will prevent her from reaching the seize point.

Edward's in a corner so he only gets attacked once (actually twice, because I need him to level up), which is much better than 1%.

Laura will get attacked by a two enemies (not sure which ones) plus the archer, if one of them is the Steel Lance guy, he doesn't double her, and she can take one hit from the archer (not sure about the soldiers). So that is 4-5 dodges for her... probably around 1% if I'm lucky considering that she is in "Best" biorhythm, and I can reset abuse at the beginning of the chapter to get everything that attacks her to "Worst."

If Micaiah takes the spot east of Leo, she and Leo only get attacked once, which means neither of them face any risk of dying. The almost dead fighter will charge Edward and die (that's why he needs to make 2 dodges), but this is necessary so that he hits level 6 and procs Str. The eastern soldier is a pacifist (confirmed), and then Edward can crit kill the archer on turn 3 (assuming he got that proc of Str).

Unfortunately, Sothe falls just one space short of being able to make it to the archer, so Eddie has to take care of him.

Edited by ruadath

Yay, almost done with exams!

Anyway, while this playthrough has ridiculous RNG abuse, I have maintained (both for my sanity, and for "perfectionist" purposes) to try and minimize RNG abuse while getting these ridiculously low turn counts. I therefore propose the following modification to the strategy, which achieves the same results at the cost of some EXP to Micaiah, and perhaps more importantly the Hand Axe in Chapter 1-1. I don't imagine the Hand Axe is particularly essential for anything, since I'm fairly confident I can pull off a 4 turn clear of 1-3 without it (but perhaps it's necessary for a 3 turn, if it's possible?), and I can buy one immediately afterward when the 1-4 Base rolls around, and then Jill brings another one in 1-5. Anyway here is the general strategy:

At the end of 1-1, instead of having Edward visit the House for a Hand Axe, he can crit kill one of the fighters near him for some extra EXP. EDIT: It is probably still within reach (though quite a bit less reliable) to get the Hand Axe while keeping the strategy intact. The change here would then be to have Edward and Leo rescue-drop Micaiah south of Nolan so Eddie can get some EXP on EP1 and rig for him to crit kill the fighter who attacks him on EP2. Not sure if it is really worth it though.

Then in 1-2, a couple of changes. I will post in more detail after I've prepared screenshots, but to summarize, no luck will be needed for the survivability of the bottom group of characters, so we will end up being reduced to only needing to rig 5 Laura dodges (and Edward getting a strength proc on a level up)

YKkXFSN.jpg

Edward dodge rigged on turn 1. Micaiah got lucky and also managed to dodge, so I'm placing her where she is for extra EXP, otherwise Leo can take that position. Chance of success odds for this enemy phase are looking somewhere around .1%

Edited by ruadath

So to ask the question more directly: does anyone have any thoughts regarding whether or not I will miss the 1-1 Hand Axe if I skip it?

FWIW, I think even with my newfound knowledge of the Give+Shove tactic, 1-3 is impossible to 3 turn, as I can only push Sothe this far ahead on turn 2.

PsXAB3z.jpg

Edited by ruadath