FE10 HM LTC (expected ~125 turns)

ruadath

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should I restart the run with to bring in transfers from PoR (won't take long to redo)?

• Yes, we need to have everything optimized to get the minimum turn count!
    • No, there's no reason to do that!
  2. 2. What limits would you put on the FE9 run?

• None! Max everything out (without cheating)!
    • Do it in the context of an FE9 HM LTC!
    • Something else? (suggest in comments)
  3. 3. What level of RNG abuse would you prefer to see in this playthrough?

• Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns
    • Minimal amount required to get the lowest number of turns and grab as many items as possible on each map
    • Maximize EXP/item gain to the fullest extent

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That‘s impossible。Sothe's ddg is 15(2:51)。

Alright, you caught me. Allow me to explain what happened.

After reseting somewhere around 700 times yesterday, I finally found a RNG state that seemed to be working, where Laura dodged the first 5 attacks, but then agonizingly fell to the last one. I was of course very distraught about the entire issue, since I didn't want to reset that many times all over again, and hoped to find a way out of the situation. I scoured the internet for a way to remedy the situation, and finally fell upon a method of editing FE10 save files. In order to save myself the time and effort of having to reset another ~700 times, I shamelessly edited to Fighter's stats down (dropped his Skill to zero) so that he would miss Laura). I then did not suspend after the fact too edit his stats back to where they were supposed to be, so it ended up being visible when I had Sothe attack the fighter.

I apologize profusely for deceiving you guys on this matter; I should have been straightforward about the issue in the first place (especially since it is likely that I cold have avoided this issue altogether merely by doing some trading at the beginning of the chapter to get Laura a Dracoshield and use it to boost her Def and allow her to survive the attack). I'm sorry to let you guys down like this, and I promise you that this is the first time I have ever done anything like that in this run (or any of my runs, in fact). I hope you guys will forgive me for this infraction and allow e to continue on with this playthrough (or at least take the time to redo Chapter 1-2) properly.

Edited by ruadath

I don't really care.

It's okay to "hack" just for this one, because it would be so tedious I guess you wouldn't have the time. :)

But of course, you could only apply this kind of things in case it is possible. (else this is cheating and I don't like cheating D: D: D:)

I don't really care.

It's okay to "hack" just for this one, because it would be so tedious I guess you wouldn't have the time. :)

I do feel really bad about it though... if only that one hit could have been from the archer or soldier! Then Laura would have survived with 1 HP and things would have been fine...

Perhaps at the end of this playthrough, I'll revisit this chapter and attempt to get things done legitimately. The difference in Edward's level up doesn't really matter, so long as he hits at least one of Str/Spd (virtually guaranteed) so that he can ORKO the archer either with a single crit or by doubling. He's also not really going to get used for combat beyond 1-5, and I don't think the extra point of Str/Spd is going to be essential anywhere.

I do feel really bad about it though... if only that one hit could have been from the archer or soldier! Then Laura would have survived with 1 HP and things would have been fine...

Perhaps at the end of this playthrough, I'll revisit this chapter and attempt to get things done legitimately. The difference in Edward's level up doesn't really matter, so long as he hits at least one of Str/Spd (virtually guaranteed) so that he can ORKO the archer either with a single crit or by doubling. He's also not really going to get used for combat beyond 1-5, and I don't think the extra point of Str/Spd is going to be essential anywhere.

By the way, does that mean you're not gonna do the run with the transfers, or are they already done?

Edited by Nintales

So I guess this turned into a contest of who has the biggest dick.

Yeah, I'm out.

EDIT: I'm not salty about ruadath cheating.

And the 3-turn is indeed possible.

Edited by Soul o:

Posting from phone

@nintales I did the same thing on the run with transfers so I'll be taking that from now on (probably)

@1-2 strat: Before recording this, I found some interesting potential clears that kept Laura safe (or mostly safe) on EP2. However, that came at the cost of either Micaiah or Leo not being safe, and Edward having to land 3-4 consecutive dodge+wrath critical (sometimes 2 on same enemy) so I figured it was less reliable. Also wasn't sure if success depended on where the archer moved to, so I decided to play it safe.

@camilla/chiki would it be possible for you to note your Micaiah levels and/or experience at the end of each chapter? Might be useful for comparing our runs. Also what does Micaiah need to raise light rank for? I thought we use her primarily as a rescue bot endgame. Unless you are thinking of getting a.few more uses out of purge? I'm interested to know what you are thinking. Also, really good idea to have Micaiah take care of the 1-P boss, don't know why I didn't think of that.

Edit: actually she auto hits A rank in light upon promotion to tier 3, so unless you have some special plans for Rexaura in the endgame or something, I don't think she needs to get any higher

Edited by ruadath

I can see it having something to do with the fact that, if you're 3-turning 1-4 (Requires 20 AS Micaiah + Pass), she'll be a decently capable unit by 3-6 & 3-12 with something like Resolve + Nolan support.

Now that I'm back home, I've got a couple of things to say:

First of all, there appear to be some typos/issues with Chiki's 1-P strategy that I'll note below:

1-P: 4 turns

Turn 1 PP: Micaiah critkills the bandit, Edward moves.
Turn 1 EP: Bandit attacks Edward, but Edward shouldn't get a crit so that Micaiah can kill him.
Turn 2 PP: Micaiah kills the bandit, Edward attacks a bandit (but doesn't kill him for extra exp).
Turn 2 EP: The same bandit attacks Edward and gets him into Wrath range. 3 other bandits attack Edward, all of whom miss, Edward leaves 2 bandits alive for Micaiah to kill (or himself, we'll see).
Turn 3 PP: Edward goes to lure the boss, I don't bother to heal up since I'll rig a miss.
Turn 3 EP: I think Micaiah kills a bandit and lures the other one. Edward Wrathcrits the boss.

Turn 4 PP: Edward goes to kill the bandit that Micaiah lured. Micaiah kills the boss.

Minor things first, that should be 4 bandits attack Edward on turn 2 EP. Beyond that, however, I am skeptical that Edward is able to leave 2 bandits alive for Micaiah based on the strategy he described. This is because he says that he managed to finish the boss with an Edward Wrath-crit + Micaiah regular attack. This would imply that Edward has reached level 5 and gained a proc of Str before he engages in combat with Pugo (beginning of EP3). Since he doesn't do anything on PP3, this means he should reach level 5 on the end of EP2. However, there are only 8 enemies on the map to begin with, and Micaiah has clearly killed 2 in this description. If Edward leaves two bandits alive at the end of EP2, this means he's only killed 3 enemies (the boss is alive as well), and since he gets roughly 20 EXP per kill, he cannot reach level 5 in time. I therefore assume that only one enemy has been left behind since with 4 kills Edward has enough EXP with the other combat he has engaged in to hit level 5.

On the other hand, I have just finished (on the plane) rerouting an even better optimized clear of 1-P that takes Micaiah extremely close to level 3. In particular, she gets 4 bandit kills and the boss kill, in addition to a couple of regular combat EXP. Edward falls just short of level 5, but he'll be able to get there on turn 1 of 1-1 to be strong enough to clear out the fighter in that chapter. Micaiah also gets to use like 10 weapon uses, so if you guys think that WEXP for her is important, than this is another plus. More details to follow later.

I take it Edward lacking 13 AS at the start of Turn 1 isn't a problem for you?

I haven't yet checked but I don't believe it should be. In particular, I just have Leo + Eddie rescue drop Micaiah south of Nolan. Then on EP1, fighter attacks (misses) Edward, who levels up after he hits him, and the Javelin guy suicides on Micaiah and then we proceed as usual.

Foolish of me to even begin to believe these rules would apply under these circumstances. :awesome: I need 13 AS Edward so he can actually double. Don't recall Str being a must, now that I think of it.

Well its nice to have him double, but he doesn't need to on the first turn since he isn't doing anything important. He needs the str proc on the next turn to be able to critical the fighter (unless you want to do it in two hits, but then he needs a point of speed to double, so a level up is necessary either way)

Well, I'm too lazy to record the prologue again if you guys don't really want to see it, so I'll just give you a normal turn by turn description like Chiki did. I can make the video at any point in time if you guys care though

Turn 1 PP: Micaiah crit kills the first bandit (23 EXP). Eddie moves one short of his full range.

Turn 1 EP: Edward aggros the bandit and gets hit (13/19 HP, 5 EXP)

Turn 2 PP: Edward full moves and attacks the bandit, not killing him, and also gets hit again (7/19 HP, 10 EXP). Micaiah fullmoves 1 SE of the injured bandit but DOESN'T attack him, instead crit-killing the bandit across the barrels (48 EXP). I think he needs to round down HP for you to do this.

Turn 2 EP: Injured bandit attacks Micaiah, misses, gets killed (71 EXP). Other injured bandit suicides on Edward and misses (30 EXP). The two level 5 bandits attack Edward, miss, and get hit back (42 EXP), and finally the other level 4 bandit attacks Edward, puts him in Wrath range and gets crit killed (1/19 HP, 62 EXP)

Turn 3 PP: Edward moves around the bandits that attacked him to the spot west of the cranny on the east side of the map, uses a Vulnerary (19/19 HP). With 1 HP he has higher targeting priority than Micaiah, and I don't want this. Micaiah moves to the spot where Edward was and attacks one of the bandits from up close, dodging his counter (78 EXP).

Turn 3 EP: Pugo attacks Edward put him into Wrath range, and Edward crits him (5/19 HP, 68 EXP). The two bandits attack Micaiah, and she dodges one of their attacks (5/15 HP, 92 EXP). Importantly, one of them moves west of her.

Turn 4 PP: Micaiah moves to the cranny east of Edward and attacks the boss, leaving him at 3 HP (99 EXP). Edward moves to where Micaiah was and attacks whichever bandit won't die (have to rig a Wrath non-crit) (74 EXP).

Turn 4 EP: This sucked to reset for because 3 dodges and Micaiah's level, but not as badly as 1-2. The boss and the northern brigand suicide on Micaiah (level 2 + 80 EXP). The other brigand, west of Edward, can't get to Micaiah and therefore suicides on Edward (96 EXP).

Luckily for us, Edward has great offensive growths.

On the other hand, there's something I forgot to comment on, and ask:

- I thought you couldn't record sound off of Dolphin. Is that a new feature?

- The quality's insane, lol. Even at something like 360p, it looks great. I ashame famiry. ;u;

- I thought you couldn't record sound off of Dolphin. Is that a new feature?

- The quality's insane, lol. Even at something like 360p, it looks great. I ashame famiry. ;u;

Recording sound might be a new feature; not sure, since I've never tried to record before. As for the quality, I internally render the thing at 4x resolution (2560x1440, I think?) but only actually record the thing at 1280x720p. This is pretty much pushing the limits of the thing, since when I'm actually recording I run at like 8fps, (while playing, I can run at ~120fps if I wish during heavy resets).

1-1 cleared as well. No video again (unless you want to see it) since the strategy is the same as always, except:

- on the first turn, we let Leo/Eddie rescue-drop Micaiah south of Nolan so that Eddie can take a hit on the first EP and level up

- Micaiah also leveled up on the first EP. I also allowed her to get hit by the Javelin guy, since...

- I'm now rigging things a ton, so this makes the archer who normally goes after Nolan attack Micaiah as well, giving her more EXP and WExp

so here is an exp chart:

Micaiah: 3.41, 13/40 WExp to Rank C

Eddie: 5.27

Leo: 4.29

Nolan: 9.26

Apparently, he 2 turned 1-4 with an insane amount of RNG abuse (even more than 1-2). Unfortunately, this means no Beastfoe (3-6 is going to be horrible) and no 3000 gold, so it's going to be hard to buy a Spirit Dust and an Arms Scroll.

Thanks for the heads up. Will look into it when I get there. Who gets sent to the NE corner of the map? Sothe? And I assume you put Ilyana where Sothe normally goes and have her crit-kill everything that attacks her?

Or alternatively, you could leave Ilyana to crit-kill stuff of the northern side of the map, and then shove chain Sothe around to the NE corner? Interested to know the strategy.

EDIT: Actually, I think I have an idea. Break down the door that leads to the NE corner of the map, right? Also, another question, how necessary was Aran? Did you need him to crit kill stuff on enemy phases, or shove people?

Edited by ruadath

I've got some new strategies to implement, but they require me to restart this playthrough (again...).

I'm honestly really burnt out after all of the resetting I have been doing, and I feel like I'm going insane. I don't have access to whatever method Chiki has of fast resetting, so this has been particularly painful, and I can't keep up with the pace he is going at (especially if he took only 1 or 2 days to do something significantly worse than 1-2 for the 2 turn) unless I start hacking the enemy stats again, which is something I'm not particularly fond of doing.

For that reason, I'm shelving the project for now, and I'll come back to it at some later point (in a month or 2, or maybe 6) and start it up once again. Don't worry, I have some great things in store for you guys once I get this thing rolling again.