Confessions of the Emblem

MCProductions

-Cain and Abel actually weren't even friends, that's why they don't support each other in fe12

-Bantu and Xane are the only people that remember/kept records of the war of shadows. Tiki only remembers a really romantic/embellished version from when she was a kid, and Bantu and Xane never wanted to correct her so her version was the one that went down in legends.

-"Roy" is just a nickname; Eliwood and Ninian had actually named their son Roland, after the Divine General.

I really like that idea, I hope you don't mind if that becomes a part of my headcanon too

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a dirty savestate user and I am honestly okay with that.

I eventually started shipping an IkexMiaxRanulf threesome because I literally didn't know who to pair him with and was like, "Screw it, Ike gets all the love".

I prefer Chrom with a guy Robin instead of a girl one. And even then that pairing is on an all time low.

I am weirdly okay with marrying any second gen in Fates that at least look like they're 16 or above because I headcanon Kamui as 18.

I headcanon Sakura and Elise at 14 and 13 respectively.

I use Mist over Elincia because bias and cause I think Mist is cuter.

I headcanon Jaffar at around Hector and Eliwood's age so I won't feel weird that my OTP is JaffarxNino.

Even though my profile name has mage in it, my favorite class is Peg. Knight, mainly because of Florina, Sumia, and Marcia's existence.

I would fight IS to make Sumia have Stahl and Lon'qu as possible husbands.

Edited by MidoriMage

I headcanon Jaffar at around Hector and Eliwood's age so I won't feel weird that my OTP is JaffarxNino.

I actually think Jaffar is around their age. I always assumed that he was only four or so years older than Nino.

I'm a dirty savestate user and I am honestly okay with that.

Yay, I'm not the only one.

I love cavaliers and use as many as is practical. FE7 is the exception where I use precisely zero of them because I cannot bring myself to like Kent, Sain, or Lowen. Marcus is a filthy prepromote so he's out too, and Isadora is just human garbage.

I like archers and go out of my way to train them.

I am incredibly biased towards swords. If you use swords and don't totally suck you're in my army. Likewise, axes will be a rare sight.

I think Caeda is bratty and manipulative in Shadow Dragon. Have you seen how she recruits Roger and Jake? If she had been any flirtier my headcanon would involve her flashing them.

Everyone in FE7 who isn't confirmed to be alive in FE6 is dead, in most cases brutally butchered by Bern or its stooges, because grimderp.

I ship both IkexMia and IkexElincia.

Micaiah canonically marries Sothe and they both live a happy life together, but after Micaiah witnesses all of her friends and family die, she abductes her role of queen and leaves Daien to settle at Stefan's village in the desert. Micaiah also had children with Sothe, who age as branded but not as slow as Micaiah (since I believe that a bit of branded blood is lost ever generation a branded marries a beorc), all of which took their own separate ways but came to visit their mother every now and then. Following this, Aversa is a direct descendant of Micaiah, but after so many generations the branded blood is almost gone entirely so she ages pretty much normally, but the silver hair and brands in her skin are all remnants of this. Her feathery dress could be seen as a reference to Sephiran; and her affair with Gangrel could be seen as a parallel of Micaiah/Sothe, given Gangrel is of the Trickster class which is the FE13 equivalent of the Rogue's class.

Also, Priam is full of shit. In reality, Ike left Tellius with Soren but had no blood descendants.

- In Fire Emblem 6, I commonly sent Roy, Wolt and Lilina (when she's available) to the front lines. Oddly, it always works. and Roy ends up demolishing everything.

- I ship Aversa x Robin. I really think it works, on multiple levels.

• Chrom/Olivia, Frederick/Sumia and Virion/Maribelle are canon in my heart.
  • I always use my favorites no matter what, thus I don't play optimal most of the times.
  • The only time I paired Nowi with an adult I cringed (it was Kellam, doesn't Nah get something like 6+ DEF? Something absurd).
  • Hector/Eliwood is canon in my heart, forever, and ever.
  • Hector/Eliwood was the first support I ever got, thus it will always have a place in my heart.
  • I like to think Soren went to live with his branded kin instead of going with Ike. I don't think that relationship is healthy for him. #IMGONNAGETKILLEDED
  • I like to think Beowulf!Nanna acts similar to her dad.

Oh goodness, now that I think about it I have a million of weird stuff for Jugdral. Next time, next time.

- I don't care for grim dark or super deep plots. I think that Awakening and FE6 have the best plots.

- I use whoever I want whether they're awful or really really good.

- I have zero issue with any fanservice and I think people bothered need thicker skin.

- GIR#FE looks great and I think people are judging a book by its cover pretty hard. Calling it "weeaboo trash" or anything doesn't help matters.

- I believe that Kozaki's designs are the best in the series and I'd like him to stay some more.

- I think that Fates and avatars and kids are a good direction for the series. Do I want it forever? No. That would create really heavy stagnation, but I don't find it bothersome.

these aren't headcanons but controversial opinions but everyone else is already doing it

I tend to hack whatever FE GBA game I have in my possession with Nightmare. I have not played FE6, 7 or 8 vanilla in quite some time.

I always make my legendary weapons in FE be indestructible. Why? Because we're talking about LEGENDARY WEAPONS. That are AGES old. They can survive weathering, but they can't survive being used? Rubbish.

I absolutely, positively HATE it when a non-mounted unit suddenly gains a mount during promotion.

I am a sucker for FE GBA's crit animations and feel completely unimpressed with newer games' attempts to be more realistic. (Examples of animations I like: Swordmaster, Ephraim's spear twirling, Eliwood's sparkly sword, Assassin's disappearing and reappearing, etc)

My favorite FE spell is Starlight, because SPACE. (My second favorite is Ivaldi, because SPARKLES.)

I personally hate SumiaxChrom and I think it's one of the worst marriage pairings in the whole game.

I have a headcanon where Awakening does not actually take place in the same dimension as Marth's games. In this headcanon, Awakening takes place in an alternative dimension where Medeus actually never existed, and Grima was the thing instead. Marth still existed, but the dragon he fought was actually Grima. (My reasoning for this is that Medeus swore to return 'so long as evil resides in the hearts of man' and in Awakening, he is never, ever mentioned.) I also use this to explain the SEVERE DIFFERENCE between FEA's world map and FE11/12's. (I'm sorry, no matter how you try to explain it, I just don't see how there would be MORE land thousands of years later. That's not how erosion works.)

i might as well add in more stuff.

i dislike awakening, not for all the questionable writing decisions in how supports are handled, or the questionable main story as well as no world building, tho thoses didn't help, but i could look past all of that if the non DLC gameplay was more varied and fun.

with that said, Leafy's awakening head canon is similar to the one i have, if only because it really does explain a lot of the inconsistency's that awakening's continuity has.

Speaking of critical hits, i dislike how in awakening there's a cut in along with a one liner to build up the crit, only for the animation to look really underwhelming.

also despite all of my shit talk for awakening, FE5 is my least favorite game in terms of gameplay, i recognize what it does and respect it, but it is such a slog to playtho.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I edited the OP to allow for opinions about the series in general, so no one needs to feel guilty about including those anymore.

Also, I completely agree with Freyjadour

About Grima, I headcanon him to be a fusion of Medeus and Grima.

I also headcanon that Validar is possessed by the Darksphere like Hardin in FE3. He seriously has that thing without the lightsphere for all of his screen time.

Since I did my confessions in the headcanon sense, I might put in some opinions:

- There is no shame in playing on Casual Mode

- I'm as excited for Fates as I am for Vestaria Saga (in other words, VERY excited)

- I personally don't mind the waifu mechanics (mainly because I don't take it seriously), but I could obviously live without it of course.

- I find the story and characterization to be far better in Path of Radiance than in Radiant Dawn.

- I'll still play #FE and likely enjoy it. I enjoyed Final Fantasy X-2, so as long as the gameplay is fun I don't care how "J-pop and weaboo" it is.

I'm OCD about trying to keep my characters as close to the same level as each other as possible.

Because of that OCD, I hate using prepromotes or characters in classes that don't fit the standard 20/20 progression.

Also, I can't spell vulnerary for the life of me. I'm not even sure if it's right there and I don't care.

Same thing for me.

That's actually the reason why Robin is my least used unit in Awakening (Veteran makes him level up faster, and uch he needs less training.)

I also try to use everyone in games with infinite grinding options... (so FE8 and FE13)

I also always wait until level 20 before promoting.

I think it's required to put Nino to max level, and use 26x at her training ground (and gives her the Afa Drop too.)

In general, I really loves Est-type character, and will always greatly favorise them over others units...

I like fast units with Res equal or better to def. In general I prefer Avo tanking to normal tanking, mainly because of the GBA games.

In Awakening :

Stahl x Kellam is OTP.

Stahl and Frederick are family related (probably cousin), which is why they can"t be true OTP.

MU (My Unit)'s official class is MU (Magic User). (Actually counts for every Avatar characters.)

These confessions make it sound like I never want a character to die but that isn't actually the case.

-Any character character from FE7 that isn't confirmed dead is still alive in FE6. Raven and Lucias are just hiding somewhere, goddamit!

-Related to the above, Ninian went back through the Dragon's Gate and lived a long and happy life together with Nils.

-Erika and Ephraim managed to save Lyon. (I cried little bitch tears when I couldn't find a way to do it)

-The Outrealms are not canon and no worlds are connected to each other.

-All the Awakening characters who came back in paralogues didn't and stayed dead.

-Ike stayed in Tellius instead of leaving behind virtually everyone he cared about.

-Femui x Camilla is my Nohr canon.

-The plots and characters associated with Fate's third route don't exist.

SMTXFE looks like complete weeaboo trash to me. Coming from an anime fan.

This. Coming from someone who lives in Japan, that game looks so thoroughly "otaku culture" targeted, I cringe to look at it.

I would fight IS to make Sumia have Stahl and Lon'qu as possible husbands.

I will join you in this fight since I ship Stahl and Sumia HARD. (Would have been such a cute family)

Anyways, Headcanon and stuff time

Awakening Headcanons

-The Avatar is ambidexterous, but primarily left handed.

-Gaius and Anna have a sort of 'Friends with benifits' relationship that they keep under wraps due to their respected classes.

-Gaius has many other nicknames for those in the army, but has been told not to use them due to some being quite inappropriate.

-Nowi is the shortest in the army; even shorter than Ricken. Frederick is the Tallest, with Tiki being a very close second.

-If pairing Olivia with Chrom, Lucina was concieved on the battlefield. (Making the wedding very soon after)

-Donnel and Kellam consider each other family and hang out all of the time.

-Virion seems to make the most sence as Inigo's father and also makes me laugh.

-Chrom is Red/Green Colorblind, which is why he couldn't tell the Avatars clothes are Plegian, but could tell that Henry's were. (The colors stand out more on Henry's and are very pronounced while the Avatars would blend and be hard to see.)

-Lucina also has a mild form of colorblindness.

-Severa has a daddy kink. (I normally hate this kink; but for some reason I don't mind it at all with Severa.)

-If Sumia and Stahl could get together, Cynthia's Pegasus would be the foal of her parent's mounts.

-The reason Severa doesn't want to become a Pegasus Knight like her mother is not just out of Spite. She is also extreamly afraid of Heights. (Though she won't admit it.)

-Sumia is a decendant of Florina.

Awakening things I do/feel

-If I am playing as MaMU I will always marry either Nowi or Panne because I like giving their children a sibling; especially in the case of Panne.

-I think Inigo is actually a very loving Husband and is one of only two Second gen characters I feel truely comfortable making my spouce. (The other is Yarne.)

-I feel that Sumia should have been able to marry Stahl. I think Stahl would be an amazing father for Cynthia.

-If it weren't for how sad some of the 'alone' endings are, I would be pairing units that can't S-Rank or Support together far more often.

-I always wait until level 20/30 before promoting or changing a characters class.

-I will Always reclass Olivia as an assassin at least once because holy shit she's a moe murder machine.

-While I see Virion as Inigo's Canon father, I prefer Lon'Qu as his dad.

Fates Headcanons

-The Avatar is Albino and near blind. They have exceptional hearing and use sound and vibrations in the ground to find their way.

-This is also the reason they 'pet' their units faces; so they can see those close to them better.

-Flannel and Nishiki enjoy petplay, but Flannel enjoys it more.

-Pieri seems like she would be into some really dark stuff, but is actually the sweetest, most vanilla person when it comes to love.

-Camilla is a Red wine type of gal and has a pretty high alchohol tolerence. In contrast, Hinoka is a lightweight and only likes very sweet wines. (Plum Sake is her favorite.)

-The avatar remembers everything from their previous life (or at least has some form of memory of it) so when they see Robin or Lucina they freak out a little, perhaps without even really knowing why.

-They remember their past life in the form of dreams. They always find themself crying a little when they wake up from these dreams.

That's all I can think of for now. Might add more later.

Edited by Melo the Mage

Elibe:

Raven takes over Rath's job of being Marquess Araphen's guard captain. However, Lord Araphen's vow of celibacy after Madelyn left with Hassar drove him to choose Raven as his heir. After Bern sacks the conclave, Raven elects to help Eliwood organize the next one after Bern was routed in Ostia. Raven even pressured Roy to marry Lilina before leaving for Etruria, hoping Priscilla still lived.

Lyn and Florina initially settle in Sacae, but when Bern seems poised to invade, Lyn and Florina enlist Dart to take them away from Elibe. All three anchor in Thracia.

Marc enlists Fargus to take him away from Elibe after Nergal's defeat with Jaffar and Legault in tow, seeing as though he knew that Bern wouldn't soon forget the Black Fang. They anchor in Grannvale and settle in Freege.

Archanea

Marth views Medeus's ramblings as a warning rather than a threat and has Elice properly revive him with Aum. Medeus returns to life with the understanding of his wrongdoings and leaves Archanea with Bantu. He finally dies in a battle against Loptyr.

Cornelius was killed by Camus in the Siege of Altea while Jiol was hunting Marth.

Although gameplay forces it to be otherwise, Lorenz disarms Camus in the Battle of Grust Castle. Camus then flees.

Ylisse

Gangrel saves Emmeryn from the Grimleal and takes her to the village where she is found by the Shepherds. He joins the Sea King in a bid to protect Emmeryn.

Gaius is Julian and Lena's descendant.

Anna marries The Avatar (named Jake).

Donnel marries Maribelle, which explains Brady's distinct lack of syntax.

Okei then, confessions:

• I think Kozaki' style is not good for Fire Emblem. I think it fits modern or futuristic worlds better.
  • While I think Robin is okay, I really don't like how COSTANTLY praised they are after the first arc.
  • I dislike the current shift into fanservice. They are focusing too much on it for my tastes. And I'm not simply talking about sexy outfits and battle panties, but many more things, and not all of them are related to sexuality (I'm thinking the majority might not be, in fact).
  • I despise how you can marry children or let them marry with older people in Fates and Awakening. They even joke about it, or give those creepy undertones; they are fully aware it's wrong, but as long as money talks, it's awwwwwright. They are not real children, but please, still feel emotions for them!
  • GBA FEs have the best graphics.
  • I dislike Ike/Soren, but not because it's gay, but it's because I think Soren should start living for himself, I feel that costantly living for Ike might hurt him more than do him good. Plus it seems one sided to me. I do feel a bit guilty about this since I heard the fans of the couple got crap in the past for liking it, but I also got crap from a fan of the couple once for liking another Ike yaoi couple so I got mixed feelings on the matter OTL
  • I like both Shozo Kaga and IS-Only FE equally. If I could have a game that mixes the two well, I think one of the very best FEs might come out of it.
  • I'm so hyped for Vestaria Saga, even if I'm keeping my hopes low.
  • I think more people should try TearRing Saga.
  • Blazing Swords' story is crappy but I never felt like it insulted my intelligence.
  • Awakening, on the other hand, I truly felt that story insulted my intelligence (when Basilio "magically" comes back to life).
  • Another thing I hate about Neo FE is that it should stop catering to the player and praising him so much. It's becoming annoying and makes thing much worse from a narration standpoint.
  • While the series might not have the best stories, I think it had some compelling moments, and some did make me think.
  • I think Ninian is a bad character, but I swear it's not because she's the canon wife for Eliwood plz spare me. I have multiple reasons for thinking so and that would probably take me an entire post.
  • I hate the Anna from Awakening, and the one from Fates seems to be the same thing. She's extremely unlikable, with her money and flirt schtich(sp?).
  • Sword of Seals is awesome and sometimes I wonder if I do like it more than PoR+RD.
  • I put RD as my favorite game, but I consider the Tellius games as one.
  • I like MIcaiah and I hate how Ike stole her spotlight in the end.

Okay here we go:

-I believe at the end of FE7, Raven and Lucius eventually get married. There's just no other way lol. Since they don't get an ending with any other character, it's kind of saying something.

-I headcanon that Clarine somehow drags Rutger back to Etruria with her in FE6. I hated that the only paired endings in the game were with Roy.

-The knights are the worst units, because they're very slow and their defense can easily be countered with magic and armor slaying weapons.

-I really dislike Libra/any female.

-I think Kjelle is secretly a lesbian

-I'm not a huge fan of the "creating your own avatar" concept. the worst part is all self-insert fanfics using the writer's own avatar.

My few headcanons:

- Ike is asexual and Priam is a liar

- Grima is a physical manifestation of the bound Earth Dragons' ire

My opinions that may or may not be controversial:

- I find most of the music in the GBA FEs and Awakening to be lackluster

- In a similar vein, I don't think the animations or sprites of the GBA FEs to be anything special and tend to keep animations off. That being said, I only keep animations on in Gaiden- the game isn't that much faster with them off and I do enjoy the animations- and FE12- obvious reason is obvious

- I dislike the way the knight/general line looks across the series, barring a soft spot for the Tellius designs

- I'm part of the "like Micaiah and wish Ike didn't take the spotlight" group

- I have a neutral opinion of FE7's story

- I like the assassin subplot in FE12

- Reclassing is cool and I prefer the DS FE way of doing it

Edited by Ambling Falchion

I have playing Fire Emblem since I was young and so I didn't know how to pronounce at lot of the name in the and a lot of these have stuck with me for example

I say Weave-Ren instead of Whyv-Ren I still think Weave-Ren sounds cooler...

I said Drew-Rude instead of Drew-Ied

I said Rang-Gald instead of Raggin-Aled

Before Fe 10 I said Boar-Ick instead of Be-Orc

Some of these mispronounced names found there way to my own stories I have a Character named Ranggald, and a group of dark wizards called Drudes

According to internet I am the stereotypical old school Fire Emblem Fan (ie my Favorite Fire Emblems are 4,7,9 and I don't entirely love 10, and 13, and Hate 11) by if go by this place, the old school fanbase of Fire Emblem is more like the Zelda fanbase where most of the games all have there own followers and there haters, though no Zelda Cycle...

I rarely off turn animations

My Opinions that are not Popular(as far I know)

FE 4, 7, and 9 Stories are not just great - but are amazing and FE 8 is still good

all other FE stories are absolutely terrible, even Sticker Star is better then all of them combined.

The only thing good about FE 11 is Beck (mabye Tiki)

FE 10's started as Fan Fiction, cause it sure reads like one.

If FE 13's story had taken place entirely during the first act it would have been great.

FE 4 would suck without a emulator its maps are just to long for its own good but a emulator fixes all its problems.

I do not want a remake of any Fire Emblem game until IS can prove that they will not mess it up, I have no faith in IS anymore, there last amazing game with story to match was Super Paper Mario, and to think they uses to be one of my favorite developers. I still like IS though.

I would have no problems with all the changes that were FE 11-14 if any the changes (beside double battles) actually made it more unique like FE 4 did, instead of making it more like every other turn based strategy game, that is one reason things like class changing, and weapons not braking, and grinding, soon all they will need are AOE attacks and a Isometric perspective and there will be nothing unique about it.

Edited by Locke087

Fates Headcanons

-The Avatar is Albino and near blind. They have exceptional hearing and use sound and vibrations in the ground to find their way.

-This is also the reason they 'pet' their units faces; so they can see those close to them better.

Whoa... this makes everything better.

I have playing Fire Emblem since I was young and so I didn't know how to pronounce at lot of the name in the and a lot of these have stuck with me for example

I say Weave-Ren instead of Whyv-Ren I still think Weave-Ren sounds cooler...

I said Drew-Rude instead of Drew-Ied

I said Rang-Gald instead of Raggin-Aled

Before Fe 10 I said Boar-Ick instead of Be-Orc

Wat...?

-When I played a Fire Emblem game for the first time, I did so badly that I ended up restarting Lyn's mode. Because of the post-battle conversations, I figured that characters are only temporarily unavailable.

-When I played Melee, I assumed that Roy was a villain

-Chapter 13 in Awakening was actually quite enjoyable

As for headcanons...

- Lachesis is Aless' mother. Grahnye is just a cover for Eltoshan to hide that relationship.

- The reason that so many members of Sigurd's army were able to survive was because Levin and Briggid took on the entire army by themselves. Also, Ayra died fighting Alvis.

- Fates is a prequel to Jugdral and Kamui is a young Victor

- When Eyvel vowed to make Reidrick pay for what he did to Marita, Reidrick did in fact pee his pants. And if it wasn't for the stone spell, she would have easily made good on that threat.

- The whole "only girls can ride Pegasi is horseshit. I mean, it was literally contradicted in the very moment it was first brought up.

- Ike stayed the leader of the Greil Merceneries (him abandoning the group is painfully out of character). He also didn't keep the Ragnel, it stayed in Begnion. At least until Priam stole it.

- Also, Ike ended up with Lethe moved their base of operation to Gallia

- The Ashunera at the end of Radiant Dawn is a Yune who continued into a fully balanced goddess.

- Lehran was flip-flopping a lot between wanting to awaken Ashera and trying to reform Begnion

- Lyon really was able to shake off the direct control of the Demon King in Eprahim's mode, which is why the Demon King resorted to more subtle manipulation

- Nowi died because of implications during Nah's birth caused by her physically immaturity. Fortunately, at least Nah did survive.

- Haar's eyepatch suppresses his real power. If he wasn't wearing it, all the pulsating energy would keep him from sleeping

- The reason for the difference in wardrobe between male and female soldiers in Ylisse's army is because of Robin having the habit of throwing sharp objects at the sight of male nudity. Vaike never noticed that, due to him being such a pain in the neck that everyone gets violent when seeing him anyway.

- Ylisse is the mirror universe of Akaneia

- The reason Captain Falcon came after Chrom is because he got a bounty on his head due to him butchering his way through the outrealms. After Chrom's fateful meeting with the Captain, Village Maiden became the new ruler of Ylisse. Her hard work in restoring the neglected nations started an age of peace and prosperity

- Kris does not exist and Frey stayed dead

- Est committed suicide after the War of Heroes due to her feeling guilty for Abel's suffering fighting Marth

Edited by BrightBow