FE: Awakening Same-Sex Marriages (and More)

UnassumingVenusaur

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! I don't tend to post a lot on the forums proper, but I had a quick question abt this hack. Once I'm completely done installing it (I'm currently in the midst of dumping the game onto my SSD card), would I have to open Homebrew every time in order to access the modified version of FEA, or will I be able to just play the hack straight from the SD card, as I would with the vanilla game? I only ask because I don't have regular access to the internet on my 3DS due to the way the wifi works where i live, so I just want to be certain I can play this version of the game offline.

Thank you for taking all the time and effort for making this hack, tho! I'm looking forward to seeing how the added supports will go, especially for pairs like Lucina and Severa, who really should have had at least a C-A line from the get-go.

Hi! I don't tend to post a lot on the forums proper, but I had a quick question abt this hack. Once I'm completely done installing it (I'm currently in the midst of dumping the game onto my SSD card), would I have to open Homebrew every time in order to access the modified version of FEA, or will I be able to just play the hack straight from the SD card, as I would with the vanilla game? I only ask because I don't have regular access to the internet on my 3DS due to the way the wifi works where i live, so I just want to be certain I can play this version of the game offline.

Thank you for taking all the time and effort for making this hack, tho! I'm looking forward to seeing how the added supports will go, especially for pairs like Lucina and Severa, who really should have had at least a C-A line from the get-go.

Yeah, you need to use homebrew every time. So you might want to install another backup entry point like menuhax, oothax, or ironhax

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really wish I could use this, but I have a 10.3 3DS...

Do all of the new supports for characters have dialouge and voice cues like normal ones, or do you just open the support thing and it instantly says "So-and-so has reached X-Support level with So-and-so"?

OMMMMMMGGGGGGGG

GAY FATES PATCH THANK YOU SO MUCH MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

curious though, so the game doesn't allow children, but what about the other marriage stuff (confession scene, private quarters, whatever special general dialogue, etc.)?

Interesting...

(Specially that CordeliaxChrom)

I also read somewhere that you could clone and make the other Morgan.

However I have some problems even If I followed the instructions on the link posted before.

First with hans it says romfs path invalid.

Second when using braindump it appears an cxi file, not a folder. And I searched for solutions about that file (example: using extract.bat), but nope; Nothing is solved.

I wish somebody could help me, the gays and the most plausible ship needs me.

BTW: I use Ubuntu and my FW is 10.3

Is there a list of characters that have had actual support conversations added versus just having the supports added? Or are they all just supports with no conversation?

I would also like to know this as well!

And thank you SO much unassumingvenusaur, now our headcanons can be satisfied in game ^.^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So having some trouble when I dump the rom with braindump I get given a ,cxi file, and not the folder containing romfs.bin and exe.bin files like it says in the guide, anybody able to help with this?

I am also having this exact same problem. I've been through 2 different SD cards and 2 different 3ds's. The rom dump gives me a cxi file (just over 1gb) but no romfs files. Why is this happening? Can anyone offer any advice? ;_;

Edited by FalcoMicky

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this exact same problem. I've been through 2 different SD cards and 2 different 3ds's. The rom dump gives me a cxi file (just over 1gb) but no romfs files. Why is this happening? Can anyone offer any advice? ;_;

Had this same issue how to get around it is to use ctrtool to get the romfs.bin and exefs.bin. You have to put the cxi file and the ctrtool.exe in the same folder open a command window then use the command 'ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin filename.cxi' where filename is whatever your cxi file is called. That will dump the romfs.bin that you can open with the recommended extractor. Yes this does work, I have managed to get the hack working using this method.

With that out of the way some stuff I've run into.

-Supports missing any sort of dialogue, a lot of supports that weren't in the game originally simply flash a white screen before saying the support is achieved.

-Once any non-cannon support is achieved you absolutely cannot parley with any SP teams as they immediately crash the game. (Bonus box stuff seems to work fine though).

-Works with powersaves modified saves.

Is there a guide available which explains how to apply the patch to a .3ds format ROM instead of to a Braindump format ROM?

(Gateway can dump ROMs as .3ds format.)

Are there any instructions on how to install the CFW version? Could I perhaps dump my game, patch it, and install it to my home menu or something?

I've got a full CFW setup with A9LH.

Thank you!

Is there a guide available which explains how to apply the patch to a .3ds format ROM instead of to a Braindump format ROM?

(Gateway can dump ROMs as .3ds format.)

It took me about a week, but I did find one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-unofficial-guide-of-nsmb2-hacking.380325/

Just place the .3ds and xorpads in the same directory as the .bat and drag it onto the .bat. Type "s" and hit enter in the command line and it will generate a .cia. From there if you follow the guide it's fairly straight forward.[CIA] EXTRACTING THE GAME (EASY WAY) then add the patch to the romf directory you made in 3dstool, and [CIA] INJECTING THE ROMFS (EASY WAY). During the last step it actually generates a .cxi, converts that into a .cia, and deletes the .cxi. A .cxi is exactly the same as a .3ds, you can rename the filetypes and they work the same. If you wanted a .3ds you could just copy the .cxi outside the directory before it finishes converting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem that Ciarre and others seem to be having-

After selecting the game and the right romfs with hans, I get a quick one or second screen of the "checking data" when you start FE:A before it crashes into a black screen and just freezes there.

I've gotten other hacks to work on hans before (like the undub for FE:fates) but I'm really at a loss here. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 4 months later...

Sorry I haven't been able to help you more. :(:

If you figure something out, tell me.

Update: Someone at GBATemp was having a similar problem but said that these instructions resolved his issue. Maybe you could try this?

Important Edit: Uh-oh! I've just recruited Tharja!Inigo, and attempting to access a Second Seal with him makes the game freeze! I would avoid this pairing for now until I can figure out the problem.

Update: I figured out the problem, and it involves class inheritance for certain pairings. Read more here. If you already dowloaded the static.bin.lz, I'd recommend downloading a new one and rebuilding the romfs (don't worry, saves will be fine). Make sure to rename the linked file to static.bin.lz

So I still have a black screen and that guide is not helping me. Can you help me?

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...