Fates Fanfiction Central (Spoilers)

NekoKnight

[spoiler=FE Fates Fanfiction Survey]

What routes are you working on? Is it an amalgamation of all three? Is it an alternate universe style retelling?

My interpretation of Fates is a work that branches into three paths so that the reader has the choice on which path to pick. The work is divided up as such:

Pre-Split: Of Fates and Threads

Hoshido: Without Beginning or End

Nohr: The Wisdom by Their Wit to Lose

Invisible Kingdom: The Flames of Conflict Shall Once More Scorch the Land

The collective work is intended to be, shall I say, "malicious" toward the game and its fanbase, and as such each route takes its concepts to their logical extreme. This is the player's choice on the matter.

What notable changes would you make to the plot?

-Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does) going to be addressed?

Many of these elements have been either adjusted or cut. For example, the magic throne and the curse have been retooled for other purposes, whereas the crystal ball and the romp through the void to get it have been removed entirely. "Operation Tears" has been heavily revised to give a tad more justification to its existence than just "let's make Kamui sad." The Nohr route in general has been heavily, heavily revamped.

Nohr and Hoshido's "black and white" theme is being explored in cultural clashes rather than making one side the blatantly "correct" choice. Less "good Hoshidans", more kagura and Kamui's inability to understand it.

Aqua's role is heavily modified and I will say no more.

-Are there any themes to be communicated over each route?

While each arc has its own separate "themes", elements of both routes' themes can be found in one another due to the Yin-Yang nature of the narrative.

Hoshido's themes are isolation, love, and spirituality.

Nohr's themes are communication, suffering, and secularism.

IK's themes are unity, family, continuity, and mythology. The Void

-What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?

As mentioned above, each route takes its side to the logical extreme in an attempt to make the reader regret picking it. Much of this can only be experienced by actually reading it, so I will refrain from more details.

What notable changes would you make to the characters?

-What is Kamui all about (background, personality, abilities)?

Corrin (or Kamui to her Hoshido brethren) is a character who is trapped between the masculine and the feminine, a half-dragon who suffers from memory alterations made on her by Garon to deter her from rebelling to Hoshido. She has dreams of a girl and a song that hearkens back to some long-forgotten past, but dwelling on it causes her pain. She is the only one with full mastery of Dragon's Vein, which makes her an invaluable tool for war.

-What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings all about (personalities, roles in the plot)?

To note particular discrepancies, Hinoka is a Nobunaga figure in the making, testing Ryouma's patience by ignoring cultural norms. Her retainers are those that society would normally cast down and forget, and she is the first to unquestioningly accept Kamui back, Nohrian tendencies and all. Leon is a devastating tactician, and serves a role similar to August in the Nohr path. Camilla's incest/motherly disposition is skewed based on the route.

To fix the issue of the sisters and their lack of importance to the plot, the Dragon's Vein ability has been split up into its four elements of the Wu Xing and distributed amongst the eight siblings. While the brothers hold domain over the weapons, most of the dragon's vein abilities belong to the sisters.

Water: Marx

Wood: Camilla
Fire: Hinoka

Metal: Sakura

Takumi, Leon, and Ryouma do not have Dragon's Vein but are proficient in their weapons. Marx is the only one to hold both a Dragon's Vein and a weapon, and it is because of this that Garon cannot lose his trust.

Elise does not have a Dragon's Vein, but is the only one with access to the Bifrost staff.

-What changes will be made to minor characters?

Many. While the majority of characters will be preserved as best they can, some changes have been implemented to serve the themes as well as define character interactions/establish lore.

What notable changes would you make to the setting?

-What ideas do you have for world building? What kind of history does this continent have?

This will mostly be left up in the air, but the more one knows about music and culture the more they will be able to glean from it.

-What is the balance of natural and supernaturual elements?

Depends on the route. Most of the supernatural elements are often connected with human elements, but mythology and history plays an important role.

-Are the Faceless and invisible enemies in your story?

The Faceless have been removed completely. Invisible enemies only appear in certain contexts.

Do any characters die?

Yes, but whether they follow the game or not I'll leave up in the air.

Do you introduce any new characters?

Not a single character appears in this that isn't from a Fire Emblem game. Too many characters to begin with.

Are any characters going to be cut?

Children, primarily, though not all of them. As many characters have been kept as possible.

Now I just have to finish writing the damn thing.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine own have been put on ice for quite awhile, owing to my dislike of how Fates turned out and now I have to see if I change my mind after playing the game. But I will share my humble ideas should anyone find use of it.

1. What routes are you working on? Is it an amalgamation of all three? Is it an alternate universe style retelling?

Birthright and Conquest, trying to make it more into a story about war than lulz chosen ones.

2. What notable changes would you make to the plot?

Probably not that much, except for le slime. I am not yet familiar with all the out-of-place elements so I am not 100% of what is going on, and have merely picked pieces here and there.

• Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does) going to be addressed?
  • The black-and-white elements, greying it out. I want to attribute the questionable acts more to the playable characters than background villains, doing what they are doing because this is war. This is includes Ryoma lacking empathy for Nohrians and Marx being extreme in subjugating Hoshido.
  • Are there any themes to be communicated over each route?
  • Family plays the greater part, with both stories being about family are the ones you treasure, not the ones you wanted, no matter blood ties.
  • What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?
  • Birthright: "Selfish heroism".
  • Conquest: "The greater good".

3. What notable changes would you make to the characters?

• What is Kamui all about (background, personality, abilities)?
  • Kamui is going to be more selfish, with a misguided sense of heroism and judging of others who fight for the "greater good". His great powers will be a source of criticism against him, since he sits on it but doing nothing really but save few villagers here and there. Kamui will be defined more by innately tactical ability (which he supposedly has) rather than his skills with the sword and the dragonstone, to make him earn his place rather than given by gods or informed by his siblings.
  • What is Aqua all about (personality, role in the plot)?
  • For now, her role is to goad Kamui, the chosen one, against Touma (they stil exist) but he focuses more on his personal conflicts (like exacting revenge for Mikoto's and Gunther's deaths) rather than on what he should do and she will call him out on this. How their relationship evolve I am not entirely sure but they will be a couple. Aqua's songs keeps Kamui's eventual madness at bay, at the cost of her own life force yet says nothing to him, therefore he doesn't understand her urging him when "he's got all his life".
  • What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings all about (personalities, roles in the plot)?
  • Marx is a stellar leader and commander but way too passive, not actively using his abilities for the people he love and has sworn to protect, a trait Kamui inherits (and grows frustrated with as the death count rises). Ryouma is a virtuous leader but lacks understanding of "evil" people, he too naively believing that good is good and evil is evil. Leon and Takumi will be Kamui's personal confidates in respective stories, growing genuine bonds rather, loving their sibling out of true love rather than familial duty. The rest I am not sure.
  • What is Garon, Mikoto, Lilith or any other important character all about?
  • Mikoto is a post-humous character and her death plays the largest role in Kamui's motivations, him masking his desire for revenge with perceived acts of justice.
  • What is Hydra all about (role in the plot)?
  • Not sure yet, though he will exist or have existed, if nothing to give a reason to Kamui's mental detoriation.

4. What notable changes would you make to the setting?

Nothing concrete as of yet. The enemies of Touma will be present, being focused on by Kamui much more because he perceives them as the root and cause of the conflict rather than Nohr's and Hoshido's own selfish desires.

5. Do any characters die?

Marx and Ryouma will die as in the canon story, that will not change. Aqua will as well though much earlier and Kamui will eventually follow her as his madness consumes him.

6. Do you introduce any new characters?

No

7. Are any characters going to be cut?

All the children characters in their grown form. They still exist but don't expect Shinonome wielding a lance.

Support Conversations

@NekoKnight

[spoiler=Eponine x Foleo C-S]

C-rank

Eponine: Ah, Foleo. I thought I'd find you here.

Foleo: Eponine? I didn't see you come in.

Eponine: Working on your fancy dresses again, huh? I recall you were making something like that when we first met, too.

Foleo: I remember that day well. I was so shocked to see you standing there at the frame of my window on the second floor.

Eponine: Well, I do have a habit of making surprise visits to people. It wouldn't do for a thief to be expected. At first I thought I'd sneak in and see what jewelry I could make off with but when I saw you there in your beautiful clothes, I couldn't take my eyes off you. I thought you were a girl, at first.

Foleo: A lot of people do. That's probably the reason why my parents kept me so sheltered. They found my dressing habits an embarrassment and I rarely left that room full of sewing supplies and books.

Eponine: I was curious about those as well. I had seen books before but I couldn't make any sense of the scribbles on them until you taught me to read. Thanks to you, I acquired a taste for literature.

Foleo: And thanks to you, I finally had a friend. You paid me many secret visits to my room. I taught you how to read and you always brought me new and interesting stories. It made me happy to have someone to talk to.

Eponine: We made an odd pair, I think. A street urchin and a noble. Of course all of that came to an end when your parents caught me and I was thrown into prison. I guess your luck only lasts so long in my line of work.

Foleo: Yes...

Eponine: Ah, that reminds me, I've brought you a gift. Ta-dah! It's a book I found! The Adventures of Roland!

Foleo: By "found" do you mean "stolen"?

Eponine: What? No! I mean, maybe. I'm sure the guy I got it from had a spare copy somewhere. He won't miss it.

Foleo: I want you to return it.

Eponine: Eh? But it's a really good book! Full of brave heroes and dragons and-

Foleo: Please return this book at once!

Eponine: Fine! I'll take it back... That Foleo... has he become more picky about the books I bring? Maybe he'd like a book on fashion instead.

B-rank

Eponine: Here you go, Foleo. I acquired another book for you! Masterwork Sewing, by the esteemed Archibald Lancaster. I think this one is quite rare.

Foleo: Where did you get this book?

Eponine: It fell off a wagon.

Foleo: Really?

Eponine: No... This one is also stolen.

Foleo: And what will you do when the people you robbed come looking for what's theirs? Are you ready to face the consequences?

Eponine: Eh, don't be so uptight. It will be just like when we were children. I always brought you good books, right?

Foleo: That's enough! I told you I don't approve of your lifestyle but you never listen to me!

Eponine: Hey! Isn't that a little harsh? I went through a lot of trouble to get you this book.

Foleo: If you want to bring me a book, then go buy one like a normal person!

Eponine: ... It's easy for someone like you to say that...

Foleo: Eponine?

Eponine: I didn't choose to be born poor! I didn't have the luxury to have servants bring me everything I could ask for! If I could get by without being a thief, I would have... You were locked into that room your entire life. What do you know about what it's like to live on the outside!? I brought you those books because I thought they would make you happy!

Foleo: No...I didn't mean...

Eponine: ...I'm going now. You don't have to read the book...

Foleo: Wait, Eponine! Please come back!

A-rank

Foleo: I finally found you!

Eponine: Foleo... Usually I'm the one seeking out you, huh? I want to apologize for my outburst earlier. I... just felt so angry. I let my envy show and I'm sorry.

Foleo: I'm the one who should apologize. I didn't realize it at first but my words were thoughtless. I was trying to give you advice but I only came off as condescending and entitled.

Eponine: It's okay...

Foleo: But I want you to know that I didn't say those things because I think you're a bad person. I said them because I was worried about you. The last time you were caught for a crime, we were separated for 5 years. I didn't know if you were alive or dead. You were the most important person in my life and... I thought I would never see you again.

Eponine: Foleo... I'm so happy that you were thinking about me. I thought about you a lot during those years as well.

Foleo: Eponine, after the war is over, I want you to tell me a story I've never heard before, but I don't want it to be from a stolen book.

Eponine: What!? But those are the only kind of books I have!

Foleo: I don't want to hear their stories, I want to hear yours. I want to know everything that happened to you since we were separated and from the time before we met as well.

Eponine: You might not always like the main character. She's a bit of a rouge and a scoundrel.

Foleo: That's fine by me. I find those types a little...exciting.

Eponine: The Eponine Odyssey won't come cheap you know. I'm making my way up in the world and I need to charge higher prices for my works.

Foleo: It's not finished yet but I've been working on a set of matching outfits. I used the finest silk and velvet I could find. It might be a little gaudy for your tastes but I'd like you to have it.

Eponine: In that case, I'll accept! I'm looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship.

Foleo: I won't disappoint you!

S rank

Eponine: Outside again, are you? You're going to ruin that porcelain skin if you spend too much time in the sun.

Foleo: Don't worry, I'm well covered up.

Eponine: You are indeed. What a marvelous outfit today. Are you meeting someone important?

Foleo: You could say that. ...Eponine? I have a particular request but it might be too much for you.

Eponine: Oh? If it's a riveting yarn, I got you covered. What sort of story would you like to hear?

Foleo: It's a story about something that hasn't happened yet.

Eponine: That is a difficult request!

Foleo: I want to hear about where our story will go. How does the story of Eponine and Foleo end?

Eponine: Such a thing is...

Foleo: Every day I see you run off into dangerous situations and I worry about you. The heaviness in my heart gets worse each time. Eponine... I think I'm in love with you.

Eponine: What!? But I'm just a lowborn thief. How could you have feelings for someone like me?

Foleo: You're so much more than that! You're kind, funny, smart and... beautiful!

Eponine: To be praised like that by someone so elegant as you... I'm truly flattered. Truth be told, lately I've found my solo adventures a little less enjoyable because I end up missing you.

Foleo: Then do you accept my feelings?

Eponine: I do. I don't want to think of a world where you aren't waiting for me when I come home. I'm in your care, Foleo.

Foleo: With you by my side, I'll never be lonely again. I hope I can make you as happy as you make me.

[spoiler=Kamui x Camilla C-S]

Note: Camilla is bisexual in my headcanon (which is also hinted at in actual canon) so the Mamui and Femui support are the same outside of some pronoun changes. I wrote Kamui as a girl here just because I had a female Avatar for my Conquest playthrough.

C-rank

Camilla: Kamui, dear? Are you in your room? I'm coming in~

Kamui: Ah, you startled me sister!

Camilla: Hm? What's with all these papers?

Kamui: Oh, I'm just taking an inventory of our supplies. If we ran out of healing staves in the next battle, we'd be in a real bind.

Camilla: All that stuffy paperwork can wait until later. Right now we should go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Kamui: I don't know... this really is a matter of-

Camilla: Kamui, you're going to be an old woman at 30 if you overexert yourself. Besides, it's been a long time since we've gotten to relax together as siblings.

Kamui: *Sigh* You know, you're right. Sometimes we need a bit of levity to keep our spirits up. So, what did you have in mind today.

Camilla: I'm glad you asked! I've written down a few ideas of things we could do together today.

Kamui: Huh? There must be over 20 things written on this paper! Surely we can't do all of them in a day!

Camilla: Really? Well, in that case we have a lot of activities for future outings. First I was thinking of taking a stroll through the meadow. Then we'll find a nice tree to sit under and you can lay your head in my lap as I brush your hair with my fingers.

Kamui: That could be relaxing...but I'd feel a little embarrassed if anyone saw us.

Camilla: There's no need to be bashful. It will be just like when we were younger.

Kamui: And after the meadow?

Camilla: Later we could visit the marketplace at night and pick up some of those meat skewers you like so much. We'll drink some sweet wine, take a bath together and then go to bed.

Kamui: W-wait, what was that last one?

Camilla: Going to bed?

Kamui: No, the one before that! Did you say 'take a bath together'?

Camilla: Of course. Bathing is important and we'll be doing things all day so we need to wash away the sweat and grime.

Kamui: But why together!? It would be too embarrassing!

Camilla: But you used to love taking baths with Big Sis...

Kamui: I was 6 years old!

Camilla: Come on, it will be fun. I'll scrub your back for you and you can do mine. It will be a sibling bonding experience.

Kamui: No, it's absolutely out of the question! Even as siblings, that would be unusual.

Camilla: Fine, we'll bathe separately. But I don't want you leaving my side for a moment until then.

Kamui: Okay, I'll go get ready then.

Camilla: Ah, Kamui. You're already so grown up. I feel a little wistful watching you leave your childhood behind. But then again, there are certain things only adults can experience.

B-rank

Camilla: Yoohoo, Kamui~ Come give your big sister a hug!

Kamui: Eh, what's this all of the sudden? And...why does your breath smell like wine?

Camilla: After you left early last night, I had to finish all of the wine myself. I may have had a little this morning too...

Kamui: Sister, you're going to fall down if you don't steady yourself.

Camilla: Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. The truth is, I wanted to talk to you about something. I realized that yesterday I was too forward with the whole bathing together thing so I want to apologize to you.

Kamui: There's really no need.

Camilla: And to make up for it, I'm going to give you a massage!

Kamui: What...?

Camilla: Lately you look so pensive and I can see the stress building up in your shoulders. Just take off your shirt, lay on your stomach and Big Sister Camilla will rub away all the tension!

Kamui: Camilla, there's actually something I want to talk to you about.

Camilla: Oh? What is it?

Kamui: I really enjoy spending time with you but... lately a lot of the things we do together are more intimate than I think is normal. The bath and now this massage thing... people are going to think we have a special relationship.

Camilla: We DO have a special relationship! How many are so privileged that they can call you a sister?

Kamui: It goes beyond that! You aren't nearly as close with Elise, Leon or Marx. I just want to know why you focus so much of your attention on me.

Camilla: ...Isn't it enough to tell you that I love you as my sister?

Kamui: There must be more than that.

Camilla: ...

Kamui: Camilla?

Camilla: I'm sorry, Kamui. That's something I can't tell anyone, not even you.

Kamui: Hey, Camilla! Where are you going? ...What was that about?

A-rank

Kamui: Camilla, can we talk? You're barely speaking to anyone and every night you seclude yourself in your room to drink.

Camilla: I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me....

Kamui: I AM worried! Ever since the day before when you said that there was something you couldn't tell me, you had such a deep sadness in your eyes. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Camilla: I'm sorry...

Kamui: Please tell me what it is. There are no secrets between sisters, right?

Camilla: ...If I tell you, will you promise you won't come to hate your sister?

Kamui: I could never come to hate you! No matter what happens, nothing will ever break our bond.

Camilla: Very well... You’re probably aware that Marx, Leon, Elise and I are born to different mothers.

Kamui: I heard, but you guys never really talked about it.

Camilla: And there is a reason for that. While Marx was born to the late Queen Katerina, the rest of us were mothered by mistresses. Though they shared a bed with Father for a time, they and their children were not guaranteed a high position in court. Nohrian society has no place for weaklings, so those who want to advance in the world have to be the strongest, the smartest and the most ruthless.

Kamui: I see…

Camilla: The main conflict started about 10 years ago. Competition among the mistresses for King Garon’s favor was fierce and nothing was off the table. Slander, poisonings, assassinations… even using their children as weapons against each other was common-place. For all the turmoil boiling throughout the country, a second secret war was being fought inside the castle walls.

Kamui: But why would Garon allow such madness?

Camilla: I told you, didn’t I? Nohr only values the strong and Garon wanted only the best of his children to succeed him.

Kamui: …

Camilla: I was 13 when the eldest daughter of Lady Reinwald, visited me at our family villa. She came under the pretense of friendship but she was really there to kill me. She nearly succeeded and I still have a scar over my left eye to show for it. I did eventually cut her down with an axe but… I wasn’t the same after that. Even as I watched my mother’s wyvern eat that girl’s body, I felt nothing. That was the first. A year later I killed one of my half-brothers, and then a half-sister and then… I just stopped thinking about who they were or why they wanted me dead. The killing became easier but I could feel my soul becoming hollow.

Kamui: Gods… it’s too horrible to even think about.

Camilla: But that all changed when I met you. When you came to us, you were an outsider, born to nothing. You’d never be allowed to advance in Nohrian society so I knew you would be left out of our power struggle. You were the one sibling I could trust and love unconditionally. Just as I was about to give into despair, you became my light.

Kamui: Camilla, why didn’t you tell me before!? Had I known you were suffering, maybe I could have…

Camilla: I wanted to tell you… but I didn’t want to scare you away. If you knew your gentle older sister was actually a cold-blooded killer, you’d never approach me again.

Kamui: I never thought that of you and I still don’t! I love you, sister.

Camilla: Kamui…for you to say that… *sobs*

Kamui: It's okay. I'm right here.

Camilla: I don't know what I did to deserve you but I don't want this moment to end.

Kamui: Dear sister, you’ve looked after me as long as I can remember, but now it’s time I look after you. Cry as long as you need to. I’ll always be there to help carry your burden.

S-rank

Kamui: Camilla, you look better since we last spoke.

Camilla: All thanks to you, Kamui. After telling you my story and being accepted...I feel so much lighter. Had you rejected me... surely my mind would be torn apart.

Kamui: I'm glad that we could connect on a deeper level.

Camilla: Still, I feel a little sad. I need you so much more than you need me and I'm afraid of being a burden on you.

Kamui: I need you just as much. This war has been draining on me... the things I've seen and done. If you weren't there to support me, I'd be lost.

Camilla: Then we're the same. When I look at you, my body feels hot and I can hardly contain myself. Does...that make you feel uncomfortable?

Kamui: I... don't know. Growing up, I always thought you were beautiful and gentle. It's embarrassing but I like the way you look at me. I want to be close to you and feel that warmth. But we're sisters so something like that is forbidden.

Camilla: Then why don't we stop being sisters?

Kamui: Camilla, you can't mean-!?

Camilla: I do. I love you Kamui, more than anyone in this world. If being sisters is the last barrier between us, I'll gladly cast it away.

Kamui: Camilla stop, this is... someone could see us!

Camilla: Then we'll just have to go somewhere where no one is watching.

Kamui: Camilla!

Camilla: I was only joking. We still have a lot to talk about, and certain precautions will need to be made but... there is one thing I will tell you now. I am yours, now and always.

Kamui: You always say the most embarrassing things... but I am yours as well. Take good care of me, Camilla.

[spoiler=Oboro x Selkie C-A]

C-rank

Selkie: Four, five, six gold pieces. Kya ha ha. This city is full of such gullible people. I feel like a fox left alone in the hen-house. They almost make this too easy.

Oboro: Stop right there, criminal scum!

Selkie: Tsk, someone was eavesdropping? No matter, there isn't a man alive that can resist my charms... Hello Miss!

Oboro: Hmph, I heard there was a thieving fox around here but I didn't know they meant it literally.

Selkie: Dear me, are you sure this isn't a case of mistaken identity?

Oboro: Blonde hair, red kimono top with fur trim and a white, silk under-robe. Just like what was reported.

Selkie: Well, you have done your homework, but I still feel you are mistaken. Everything on my person was acquired lawfully.

Oboro: I don't believe you. An army stipend isn't nearly enough to purchase such high quality fabrics. Which means you must have stolen them!

Selkie: Nonsense, I happen to be a major patron of fashion. I'd never resort to stealing. (What's with that glowering face? Even when I'm telling the truth, she makes me feel guilty...)

Oboro: Oh, then how about we talk to those merchants and ask if they've seen you before.

Selkie: T-there's no need to make a scene. Look, I'll show you my receipts to prove my innocence.

Oboro: ...You did purchase these! But where did you get the money?

Selkie: Gifted to me by generous men with heavy purses. Now, are we settled?

Oboro: No, we're not. I misjudged you and I should apologize.

Selkie: Y'know what speaks louder than words is actions. If you buy me that scarf over there, I think I'll be able to forgive you for making false accusations.

Oboro: (Tsk, 60 silver pieces for one item. But I do need to make amends...) Alright, here you are.

Selkie: Wow, you really bought it! Thank you for your generosity, Miss...Oboro, was it? I'd love to stick around and chat some more but I have another appointment. Tata~

Oboro: She's gone...I shouldn't be so quick to judge people. Wait, just because she purchased them legally, doesn't mean she acquired the money legally. Drat, getting that scarf must have been part of her plan too. Where did that fox get off to!?

B-rank

Selkie: Kya ha ha, another big haul! With this money I'll be able to feast on turkey tonight. Maybe two!

Oboro: There you are, Selkie.

Selkie: WAAAAAH! How...how do you keep sneaking up on me!? Why don't you greet people normally?

Oboro: I did greet you normally. You're the one off in your own world.

Selkie: I see... well, how can I help you?

Oboro: Last time we spoke you mentioned getting "gifts" from men with heavy purses. Something about that seems suspect.

Selkie: I thought we settled that matter. I already told you, they just give me the money.

Oboro: And why would they just give it to you?

Selkie: It's all very simple. I find people in fancy clothes who look like they could spare a few coins and I invite myself into their party. I win them over with my looks and conversation and then I get them to buy me the things I like. If they start to get grabby, I lose myself in the crowd and look for a new patron. I even made a game out of it.

Oboro: Don't you think that is cheating people out of their gold?

Selkie: Not at all. They get the pleasure of my company for an evening and I get to go shopping to my heart's content. I'd say both parties are well compensated.

Oboro: How vain... Look, I think you need to stop your 'business' and find more wholesome ways of making money. You could get some real negative attention.

Selkie: It's not easy for me... When I first came down from my village to the human cities I was dazzled by all the goods I saw. The thing is, we foxes don't have a use for currency in our village so I didn't have a copper piece to my name. I don't have trade skills nor anything to market so I'm as poor as a pauper without people's...donations.

Oboro: I understand your feelings. When I was a child, I helped out in my parents fabric shop. There was a certain kimono that I wanted but it was far above what my parents could afford to just give me. I worked hard for several weeks, scouting work for my parents and selling things on the side. Eventually I earned enough to purchase it with my own money and made my parents proud of my determination. You'd be able to appreciate your things more too if you put in some honest work.

Selkie: Hmm, I wonder.

Thug: There she is, that two-timing bitch!

Selkie: W-who are you?

Thug: Ha! Did you really forget about me? I'll be taking back the money you took from me and then some.

Oboro: Whatever she owes you, I'll pay it. There's no need for violence.

Thug: It's far past that point now. She'll need to pay in blood!

Selkie: Eep!

Oboro: Not while I'm standing here!

<battle sounds>

Oboro: Phew. That low-life will think twice before attacking us again.

Selkie: Because of me, you got your robes cut up...

Oboro: It's nothing that I can't fix with some stitching. More importantly, neither of us were injured.

Selkie: Still, I need to repay you for helping me.

Oboro: If you want to repay me, Selkie, you can stay out of trouble from now on. I'll see you around camp, okay?

Selkie: This won't do... Father always told me that debts need to be paid back completely and in a timely matter. But what can give her?

A-rank

Selkie: Hey, Oboro, you there?

Oboro: Ah, Selkie. This is probably the first time you sought me out. You haven't been getting into mischief again, have you?

Selkie: No, I've played around for enough. Lately I've been working hard like you told me to and I made this for you.

Oboro: Wow! What is this cloth made of? It reflects the light so beautifully and it's incredibly soft!

Selkie: Of course it's soft, I made it with my own fur. I'm going to look like a fashion disaster until it grows back but I do feel a little proud of my work.

Oboro: Thank you for your gift, but isn't it a little much?

Selkie: It's the best gift I could think of and worth exactly what you gave me. I understand now that my actions affect more people than just me and I can't act selfishly to get all the things I want.

Oboro: I'm glad that you took the advice to heart. I used to think you were quite devious but I know now that you are someone I can trust.

Selkie: Oh stop it, you'll make me blush.

Oboro: Say, Selkie. Have you ever considered selling your fur?

Selkie: Eh? People buy this sort of thing?

Oboro: Of course! Spirit fox fur is incredibly rare! People would pay a fortune to have bits of it sewn into their collars and cufflinks.

Selkie: Well, you would be the expert of this sort of thing. I'm not too good with numbers so maybe I can just donate some to your business and you can sell it for me.

Oboro: It would be OUR business, but yes, let's do it. I'm confident that you'll be well fed and dressed after we make a few sales.

Selkie: Sounds like a plan. Just don't ask for too much. I need to keep my fur perfectly groomed if I'm to go outside where people will see me.

[spoiler=Kamui x Kanna C-A]

C Rank

Kanna: It must be around here somewhere... Maybe this pocket? Where-

Kamui: Ah, there you are, Kanna.

Kanna: F-father!?

Kamui: Kanna, why are you going through my bag?

Kana: I wasn't! I was just...

Kamui: Kanna...

Kanna: I wanted to look at your dragon stone. I'm sorry...I should have asked you first.

Kamui: Why did you want to see it so badly?

Kanna: Because I was curious. I grew up thinking I was like other children but then suddenly I changed into that...creature. Why didn't you tell me sooner that I wasn't human?

Kamui: I never knew my real parents, so I didn't know you'd inherit my draconic power. Everything came as a shock to me too. I guess I hoped you wouldn't be like me so you could live a normal life. Perhaps that was a naive wish...

Kanna: Father...

Kamui: I asked Azura about the dragon stone. She told me that dragons of the past age would contain a portion of their souls in the stone in order to change form at will. But even Azura seemed uncertain. It seems there are more legends about dragonkind than there is scholarship.

Kanna: So no one knows what we are? Am I really alone in the world?

Kamui: As long as I'm here, you will never be alone. Come and talk to me if something is bothering you.

Kanna: Thank you father. I will.

B Rank

Kamui: Where has that daughter of mine run off to now? She must get her willfulness from her mother...

Kanna: Father! Look at this!

Kamui: Kanna! Where have you been! I've been searching for you for hours. What's that book you're carrying?

Kanna: I heard there was a caravan with a renown scholar passing through town. He loaned me this book. I just had to know!

Kamui: "The Dragon Wars and the Ascension of Humanity." I didn't know you had such a passion for history.

Kanna: Not just 'history', dragons! Haven't you ever wanted to know more about where we came from?

Kamui: I've pondered it from time to time but with things so busy-

Kanna: It says in the book that when the dragons waged war on each other, they began to succumb to a sickness. The more they used their powers, the faster their minds degenerated. Eventually they became nothing more than beasts blinded by rage.

Kamui: Dragon sickness... I see.

Kanna: Is this going to be our fate too!?

Kamui: Calm down, Kanna. There is no proof that dragons and humans imbued with dragon blood are exactly the same.

Kanna: But the sickness was said to affect all of the dragons. Every single one! It could happen to us any day!

Kamui: I realize now that I was selfish to ask you to fight alongside us. Kanna, stop using your dragon stone.

Kanna: But if you had to use your dragon stone twice as much just because I was afraid... I could never forgive myself.

Kamui: You're my daughter. Your happiness is more important to me than anything you could provide on the battlefield. I won't force you to do something that compromises that.

Kanna: No, I can't watch my friends and family go off to war and sit idly by. I'll support you in any way I can.

Kamui: I see. Don't overdo it Kanna.

A Rank

Kanna: Father...

Kamui: Are you still thinking about the dragon sickness?

Kanna: Father, if I ever lose my mind to the sickness and become a threat to you or Mother, please kill me.

Kamui: Kanna! How could you say such a horrible thing!?

Kanna: Before my first transformation, I had dreams of changing into a dragon. The real thing was just like the dreams. I could see and feel everything that was happening but I wasn't in control of my body. The rage clouded my mind and I was powerless to resist. Even now I can feel the rage burning inside me like a small ember waiting to become an inferno. I...don't want to hurt anyone. You can't let that happen!

Kamui: Get a hold of yourself Kanna! You've changed into a dragon many times now and you come back every time. I don't believe for a second you would ever hurt your family or your friends.

Kanna: But I'm afraid!

Kamui: My child, often are we born into cruel circumstances. We face many trials and hardships but we find strength and courage in each other. Rather than worry about the unknown, let's look for the truth ourselves. After this war is over, you and I will search for every text on dragons we can find. If there really is a risk of dragon sickness, we'll find the cure. I'm sure of it.

Kanna: R-really?

Kamui: Absolutely. You don't need to be afraid. No matter what our fate is, we'll face it together.

Kanna: *sobs* Thank you, Father... If you're with me, I think I can be brave.

@Pretty_Handsome

[spoiler= Crimson x Ryoma C-S]

Crimson x Ryoma

C

Ryoma: Crimson.

Crimson: To the point as always, aren't you?

Ryoma: I simply see no need to waste words.

Crimson: Right, right... If you say so.

Ryoma: ...

Crimson: Relax, I'm just making fun of you. No need to make such a face.

Ryoma: I don't know what you're talking about, Crimson. This is how I always look.

Crimson: ....

Crimson: Alright, you have me there.

Ryoma: Regardless, I was wondering if you were willing to spare some time offering your valued advice in the upcoming War Council.

Crimson: Oh? Why me?

Ryoma: We've fought side by side for awhile now so it should be obvious. Besides, I already trust you with my life so your opinion matters a great deal to me.

Crimson: Geez, if you put it that way... Alright, c'mon.

Ryoma: You have my sincerest gratitude.

Crimson: Shame, was hoping that you would say that you would owe me one.

Ryoma: ?

B

Crimson: Hmhmhmhm... Hmmmm?

Crimson: Is that Ryoma? Why is he sleeping? Did he get tired out from that War Council from the other day?

Crimson: Well, guess I gotta go wake him up because he'll catch a cold if he stays like that for the rest of the day. I'm so considerate.

Crimson: Hey, Ryoma! Why are you sitting there in silence? Are you asleep? You'll catch a cold, you know!

Ryoma: ....

Crimson: Ryoma?

Ryoma: ....I'm meditating.

Crimson: Well, you looked like you were sleeping... Or just really "really" bored.

Ryoma: I do this as a part of my training, it isn't for entertainment.

Crimson: Oh.

Crimson: ...

Crimson: Would you mind if I joined you?

Ryoma: Are you sure? Wouldn't you be more satisfied decorating something?

Crimson: I have plenty of time to decorate stuff later.

Ryoma: Than I would have your reason.

Crimson: Is it so wrong for me to simply wish to spend some time with a fellow warrior?

Ryoma: ....No.

Crimson: Great, now scoot over!

Ryoma: !?

A

Crimson: Whoa, my head has never been so clear!

Ryoma: Now do you see why I do this every day?

Crimson; Everyday?!

Ryoma: Is there a problem?

Crimson: N-no...

Ryoma: Hmmmm... Crimson.

Crimson: Yes?

Ryoma: I believe that it is only proper that since you partook in Mediation that I shall join you in decorating something today.

Crimson: Really?! Are you serious? I have so many ideas! So many things that I want to try! Just think of all the sparkles, glitter and shiny! SHINY!!!

Ryoma: ...What is this foreboding sense of dread that I'm feeling?

Crimson: C'mon!!! Let's go, nooooow!

Ryoma: Gaaaaah!

-Later-

Ryoma: Huff... Huff...

Crimson: Tired already? C'mon, just hold still a bit longer.

Ryoma: Why must I pose for this?

Crimson: It's the easiest way to get a visual before I add the final touches to your armor!

Crimson: What's the matter?

Ryoma: ...Did you really write out "Lobster Lord" with gems on my chest piece?

Crimson: Maaaaaybe.... Nope!

Crimson: H-hey...

Crimson: Y-you're staring at me awfully hard, you know. Others may get the wrong idea.

Ryoma: I thought that I was supposed to maintain this pose.

Crimson: Ehehehe... Right. Well, we're done! Now go show off your newly decorated armor to the rest of the army! They'll be most impressed!

Ryoma: Are you sure?

Crimson: Yes, yes! Now go!

Ryoma: Very well.

S Rank

Crimson: H-hey, Ryoma. Do you have a moment?

Ryoma: What is the matter, Crimson? You know that I always have time for you.

Crimson: ...Ummmm... Errrr...

Crimson: I-I-I was wondering h-how you see me.

Ryoma: See you? Well, your armor could use a bit more polish I suppose.

Crimson: No. I mean, as a person.

Ryoma: Oh. Well, in that regard I view you as a fellow warrior who holds my highest level of respect and admiration above all others.

Ryoma: Did I say something wrong?

Crimson: ...That's... Sweet... But I was wondering how you see me... As a woman.

Ryoma: ....As a woman?

Crimson: Y-yes, as a woman! After all, we've spent so much time together discussing war, mediating, decorating and saving each others lives countless times already. S-so I was wondering if you saw me as anything more than just being a trusted and fellow warrior. You know, as just a woman!

Ryoma: I must apologize but you're not making any sense.

Crimson: Ryoma! Are you really gonna make me have to say it?

Ryoma: Well, if you have something to say than go ahead. I eagerly await to hear what's on your mind.

Crimson: You jerk....

Ryoma: Did you say something?

Crimson: I said that you're a jerk! Making a girl like me confess that she's in love with you!

Ryoma: In love with me?

Crimson: Will you stop repeating me? This is hugely embarrassing!

Ryoma: I'm not understanding the situation at all.

Crimson: That's clear as day. Look, it's okay if you don't share the same feelings as I, I just wanted to get this off my chest already as it's been driving me crazy!

Crimson: ? ...R-Ryoma?!

Ryoma: I couldn't resist.

Crimson: W-what are you saying?

Ryoma: I've been in love with you since the day you saved my life.

Crimson: You were? ....Than what was all this?!

Ryoma: A counter-attack.

Crimson: A counter-attack?

Ryoma: Now who's repeating who?

Crimson: Rrrrgh...

Ryoma: As I said, I couldn't resist. All those times you teased me and what you did to my armor... This was unavoidable.

Crimson: Have you always been like this?

Ryoma: Yes, though I must confess that my other intent was to trick you into revealing whether you shared the same feelings as I or not.

Ryoma: Crimson?

Crimson: In that case... I forgive you.

Ryoma: Just like that?

Crimson: On one condition.

Ryoma: Name it.

Crimson: You better make me as happy as I plan to make you happy, got it?!

Ryoma: Hahahahahaha... That's just like you.

Crimson: I'm serious!

Ryoma: As am I. Crimson, I apologize for teasing you but I must say that a life together with you? It was worth everything.... Even being branded the "Lobster Lord".

Crimson: V-very well... I look forward to our future together not as just fellow warriors but as lovers as well - equal in all things.

Ryoma: I would have it no other way.

Crimson: With that settled... Now it's your turn to decorate me!

Ryoma: ...Why not? Alright, come here first.

Crimson: What for?

-Ryoma kisses Crimson-

Crimson: Oh, Ryoma... Okay, maybe decorating can wait..

@Etern@lDawn

[spoiler=Crimson x Ryouma C-S]

Ryouma x Crimson C Rank:

Crimson: Ah Ryouma, I need to ask you something!

Ryouma: Crimson, is there something that you needed?

Crimson: Yes! I just realized that we’ve never really sparred before. And since you’re the crown prince of Hoshido, I wanted to test your strength!

Ryouma: Hm…I guess you’re right. Very well then, I’ll accept your challenge.

Crimson: Yes! C’mon *wyvern name*, let’s do our best!

-Fight ensues-

Ryouma: Take this!!

Crimson: AUGH!

-Crimson gets knocked off of her wyvern-

Crimson: Damn…you’re pretty strong aren’t you Ryouma?!

Ryouma: You fought pretty well yourself Crimson, it was a close match.

Crimson: Nah, you’re just saying that. You kicked the crap outta me Ryouma! I barely managed to get any hits in!

Crimson:…

Ryouma: Crimson?

Crimson: Oh…it’s nothing. Anyway, thanks for the battle Ryouma. I hope that we can spar again sometime!

Ryouma: Of course.

Ryouma x Crimson B Rank:

Crimson: EEK!

-Falls off wyvern-

Crimson: Shit! I just can’t beat you! How am I ever going to live up to my parent’s legacy if I can’t get any stronger than this?! How can I lead the rebellion like this?!

Ryouma: Crimson…

Crimson: O-oh…I’m sorry for the outburst Ryouma, it won’t happen again. As always, thanks for sparring with me Ryouma, it means a lot to me!

Ryouma: Crimson, there’s something that I want you to hear.

Crimson: Y-yeah? What is it?

Ryouma: I admire you.

Crimson: WHAT?! Don’t just randomly say things like that Ryouma!

Ryouma: Heh…but it’s true. You’ve singlehandedly spearheaded the rebellion against Nohr. You’ve been the movement’s figurehead, and have managed to rally the people behind you with your courage and bravery.

Crimson: Ryouma…

Ryouma: You have nothing to be ashamed of. As far as I’m concerned, you’ve surely lived up to and surpassed your parent’s expectations. And I consider you an equal.

Crimson: *S-sniff* Ryouma…you don’t know how much that means to me…to hear those words from you…someone that I respect and admire…makes me happier than anything in the world. So thank you.

Ryouma: You’re welcome.

Ryouma x Crimson A Rank:

Crimson: Hiyah!

Ryouma: AGH!

-Ryouma’s defeated by Crimson-

Ryouma: Tch! Looks like it’s my loss…

Crimson: Yes, I did it Ryouma, I won!!

Ryouma: Congratulations. I’m proud of you Crimson.

Crimson: Oh! And here.

Ryouma: ? A lionstone?

Crimson: Yeah…I wanted to thank you for the words that you said to me the other day. About you seeing us as equals. To honor the bond that has grown between us, and to hopefully strengthen the bonds between Hoshido and Nohr…I want to offer this gem to you…

Ryouma:…

Crimson: Ryouma…what are you thinking?

Ryouma: Ah…the fiery blaze of the gem…it reminds me of myself when I was younger. Back in those days, when father was still alive, I’d train with him in the palace courtyard…

Crimson:…

Ryouma: He’d always tell me that I was to forceful with my strokes…too proud, too wild, too arrogant…thinking back on the decisions that I’ve made recently, I’m starting to realize that I’m still too proud, too wild, too arrogant…Crimson, I want to apologize…

Crimson: For what?! You’ve done nothing wrong Ryouma.

Ryouma: No...as the war between our two countries raged on, I began to despise “you people”, I began to listen to the same racist and xenophobic talk that started the war in the first place. Father and mother’s deaths at the hands of that Nohrian scum, King Garon made it worse, and when I met you, I didn’t think much of you to be honest…

Crimson: Ryouma…

Ryouma: I’ve been a fool. You made me realize that Crimson, with your bravery and valour. Being able to work with you to overthrow King Garon has convinced me that not all Nohrians are bad, and so I thank you for that. But I’m sorry Crimson, I’m not worthy of this gift, and I won’t be until I clear these prejudices completely from my mind.

Crimson: Heh heh…you really are something aren’t you Ryouma? But for now at least, I want you to hold on to this. Because I admire and respect you even more for having the humility to admit that.

Ryouma:…Alright. This lionstone will always be precious to me Crimson. Thank you.

Crimson: You’re welcome.

Ryouma X Crimson S Rank:

Ryouma: Crimson, you wanted to meet me?

Crimson: Yes. I wanted to show you something, on my wyvern’s back.

Ryouma: W-wyvern’s back? Do you mean you want me to ride with you?

Crimson: What’s wrong Prince Ryouma? You almost look scared, hehe.

Ryouma: Hmph. I’m fine. Very well then, lead the way Crimson.

Crimson: Alright! Let’s go.

-Both are riding on wyvern’s back-

Ryouma: Crimson…what is this?

Crimson: Have you never seen the Chevalierian countryside from above Ryouma? Even amongst the desolation and despair, it seems almost peaceful from up here…doesn’t it? When things get rough, I always fly up here to calm my nerves…. Seeing my homeland from another perspective, it reminds me of what I’m fighting for.

Ryouma: I can hardly imagine the burden that you carry. I was lucky to be born into the Hoshidan royal family, away from the hardships of a dictatorship. It makes you all the more beautiful for blossoming into the lovely flower that you are.

Crimson: Hah…Hahahahaha!!

Ryouma:…

Crimson: I’m sorry, but you’re horrible at flirting Ryouma! Although, I guess I’m dense for not realizing where this was going until now. I’ve always been bad at reading people’s feelings…my own…feelings.

Ryouma: Crimson, does that mean that you might feel the same way?

Crimson: Yes! It does, when we first met, you were someone that I admired, but as we’ve fought together and grown closer, you’ve become someone that I love! That lionstone that I gave you, do you still have it with you?!

Ryouma: Y-yes…

Crimson: Look…I know this is sudden, but if our relationship grows into something more, I want you to marry me using that lionstone as a ring…

Ryouma: Crimson…very well. If things between us work out, then I’ll do just that. From now on, my heart is in your hands.

-Both hold hands-

Crimson: And mine in yours!

[spoiler=Kamui x Camilla C-S]

Camilla x Kamui (Avatar) C Rank:

Camilla: Kamui, there you are.

Kamui: Hey sister, did you need something?

Camilla: Need something? No, nothing of the sort. I just wanted to spend time with my cute little brother. With you finally allowed out of the castle, it makes me excited to think about you, me, Leon, and Marx spending time together like a normal family.

Kamui: C-cute? Stop Camilla, you’re embarrassing me.

Camilla: Fufu…Sorry brother, but it’s fun teasing you. I remember when we were younger and you’d come crying onto my lap, it was embarrassing for the both of us.

Kamui: You’re not even trying to be subtle anymore are you? Well what do you want to do sister? We could train together, or discuss things over lunch, or go for a ride on your wyvern.

Camilla: Actually…I wanted to apologize to you…

Kamui: ? If this is about not telling me about my “real” family, then forget it. I’d already forgiven you long ago.

Camilla: …

Kamui: I won’t lie to you. When I discovered who my “real” siblings were, I was upset. It felt like my whole life had fallen apart. I even began to question your feelings towards me. Were they a lie as well? Did you all even love me?!

Kamui: Then I realized something. Family isn’t always determined by blood relations, it’s determined by the bonds we forge with each other. They’re invisible bonds that tie us together. We craft them, and we break them. The love that you, Elise, Leon, and Marx gave me wasn’t fake. It was real, and you all are my family. Nothing will ever change that.

Camilla: Ah…Kamui. Thank you. *sniff*

Kamui: Please don’t cry sister, it’d ruin the mood on such a lovely day. Instead, let’s head out to the café and grab a bite to eat, yeah?

Camilla: …Yeah.

Camilla x Kamui (Avatar) B Rank:

Camilla: Hey Kamui, what’re you doing?

Kamui: Filling out the army logbook. Before I actually plan anything out, I want to focus on you and your retainer’s strengths and weaknesses.

Camilla: Fufu…let’s see… “Luna: Fast and vicious in her attacks…Can take a hit…Overall, quite versatile a fighter, although her skill with a blade is mediocre at best…”, “Belka: Very skilled with an axe and a calm, calculating mentality makes her a terrifying opponent. But her speed suffers from this style of fighting…”

Camilla: I see that you’ve also filled out each person’s personality traits as you’ve gotten to know them. Why Felicia’s (or Joker’s depending on gender) is filled out completely! My my, you’re a perceptive child aren’t you?

Kamui: U-um. I…wouldn’t say that! But thank you for the praise sister!

Camilla: Tsk…you’ve always been too hard on yourself brother…You should learn to accept compliments when compliments are due. Anyway, I see that you were about to fill my chart out…Well brother, what do you think about me?

Kamui: Hmm…How do I put this Camilla…Watching you on the battlefield…is like watching a demon at work. It’s quite scary how powerful you are sister. You and your wyvern tear enemies to shreds in a whirlwind of axes, teeth, and malice. The aura that you emit towards your opponents is terrifying. You just give this bewitching smile as you rip the enemy apart…That combined with your magic potential makes you one of our most powerful members. I’m glad that you’re on my side sister.

Camilla: Oh? And what about me…as a person?

Kamui: You’re beautiful sister. You’re kind, empathetic, charming…you’re the best big sister that anyone could ever ask for!

Camilla: Why brother, how sweet of you! I’m delighted that you think of me in that light!

Kamui: What…is it sister?

Camilla: Nothing much! I just remembered that I promised Luna that I’d go shopping with her. Anyway, good luck brother. I’ll see you later!

Kamui: Oh! Bye…sister.

Camilla x Kamui (Avatar) A Rank:

Kamui: …Camilla.

Camilla: Hey Kamui, is there something that you needed?

Kamui: Earlier today, when you thanked me for what I said about you, you paused, and left in a hurry. Sister, it was almost like you realized something. D-did I say something to offend you, or are you keeping something else from me?

Camilla: …The truth is, I was really happy with what you said about me brother. But it hurt when I remembered that I’m not the sister you want me to be. I’m not…the person you want me to be…

Kamui: Sister?

Camilla: Years after you arrived in Nohr, I killed my mother. That was after I had killed a countless number of my half-siblings…

Kamui: What?!

Camilla: It’s true. Have you heard of “The Game” Kamui? The wars waged between the Concubines of father? You see, Concubines are pitiful. After father’s done having “fun” with them, he casts them aside like they’re trash. And so, in efforts to raise their status, these Concubines bicker and fight amongst each other. The children that are caught in-between are often used as tools in an effort to hurt and sometimes kill other Concubines, the violence often extends to these children as well…

Kamui: That’s…that’s horrible.

Camilla: My mother…she used me in this “Game”. Under her instructions, I poisoned and murdered a countless number of my half-siblings. Do you know when I stopped?

Kamui: No…

Camilla: When she ordered me to kill a newborn baby girl…named Elise.

Kamui: Oh gods!!

Camilla: I was about to do it…The job was simple, poison Elise’s baby food and have her mother watch as her baby slowly choked to death. The plan failed when I actually stopped to look into Elise’s eyes…When our eyes met…I knew right then and there that what I was doing was wrong. And when I told my mother that I couldn’t kill my little sister, she slapped me, grabbed my hair, and dragged me out of the house.

Camilla: As I laid in the grass, sobbing in the pouring rain, something inside of me snapped. And so I snuck back inside of the house, grabbed an axe gifted to my mom from father, and drove it deep into her skull while she was sleeping.

Camilla: When father found out, he visited my house personally. And do you know what happened? He was impressed. He received me into the Nohrian royal family in a special crowning ceremony, and started to use me just like my mother had used me…

Camilla: So there you have it. I’m not kind. I’m not empathetic. I’m not charming. I’m not…beautiful. I’m damaged. I’m broken. I’m…the woman that father and mother made me into. I’m manipulative. I’m spiteful. I’m ugly. I’m not who I think you am.

Kamui: I…don’t believe you.

Camilla: ?

Kamui: You’re kind. You’re empathetic. You’re charming. You’re beautiful. Even after everything that’s happened, after everything that you’ve been through, you’ve become this wonderful woman. When you came to visit me at the end of the day EVERY DAY, I saw how much you were hurting. There were some days that you’d come, when you’d have bruises on your face and you’re body. I know because you would try and cover them up with makeup and your clothes. Something would always look…off. The pain extended to your eyes. Even if you were smiling and laughing with me, your eyes would always look sorrowful, like you were holding something back.

Camilla: The time I spent with you away from father kept me grounded in reality…

Kamui: And the time I spent with you reminded me that I wasn’t alone…*Hugs Camilla* You may be damaged, but you’re not broken.

Camilla: *sobs* Brother!!

Kamui: I love you Camilla. Didn’t I tell you that you were my sister no matter what?! I love you…now, unconditionally, and forever. And even after all that you said, I still think that you’re beautiful. Even more so than before.

Camilla: Brother! Thank you…! Thank you…Thank you…

Kamui: You’re welcome Camilla, my beautiful sister…

Camilla x Kamui (Avatar) S Rank:

Camilla: Kamui.

Kamui: Camilla.

Camilla: I wanted to thank you for what you said to me, about being beautiful even after I revealed my past to you. It really made me happy. But…that wasn’t the reason why I left so suddenly after you said it earlier that day.

Kamui: It wasn’t?

Camilla: The reason why I left…was because I realized that I was pushing the boundaries of our relationship. We are merely brother and sister, nothing more. When I asked you “what do you think of me as a person?”, I asked you that not as your sister, but as a woman.

Kamui: Ha…

Camilla: Kamui?!

Kamui: Hahahaha! I’m sorry…I’m sorry…it’s just…Camilla, hold out your hands.

Camilla: A purple…Camellia?

Kamui: The truth is…when you called me out here, I had the intention of professing my love to you as well…I’ve always had feelings for you as well Camilla, you revealing your past brought them to the surface by cementing what a truly beautiful and lovely flower you are…

Camilla: Fufu…the flower is a little on the nose don’t you think? And I’m truly happy that you feel the same way about me, but we’re siblings Kamui! These feelings are considered taboo!

Kamui: Well it’s a good thing that we’re not really family then are we?

Camilla: …And here I thought you said that that we were…

Kamui: Well I’m willing to make an exception…only this once…

Camilla: *sigh* You really cannot be helped…from now on, don’t trouble your sister-no, I mean your lover okay?

[spoiler=Saizou x Felicia]

[spoiler=Tsubaki x Setsuna C-S]
C
Tsubaki: Well well~ I didn’t expect to see you training this early in the morning, Setsuna!

Setsuna: Oh, Tsubaki…

Tsubaki: What a cold greeting~, you should be careful with that frown; we wouldn’t want that pretty face to be the victim of premature wrinkles, hm~?

Setsuna: Sorry, I’m just a bit distracted…

Tsubaki: Well, that training dummy is starting to look like a pin cushion, so I’d wager you’ve been here for quite some time~, what’s on your mind?

Setsuna: I just...do you ever wonder why and how you ended up here?

Tsubaki: My my~ I knew you were scatterbrained but I never thought you’d forget an entire war!

Setsuna: No that’s not it…I thought you’d understand since you’re also from a noble family…

Tsubaki: Which is precisely why my duty is always foremost on my mind~. I don’t have time to play around in holes, you know~?

Setsuna: …

Tsubaki: Setsuna?

Setsuna: I’m leaving.

Tsubaki: Ah, no wait, I’m sorry! Drat, maybe I took the teasing a bit too far…

B

Tsubaki: At it again, are we?

Setsuna: Oh, Tsubaki…

Tsubaki: Well, I can’t say I don’t deserve that greeting this time around~.

Setsuna: What do you want?

Tsubaki: To apologize, of course~! I acted like an awful comrade and even worse friend, so I’m sorry, and I wanted to bring you this!

Setsuna: This is…green tea?

Tsubaki: With some honey in it, just like Hinoka told me you liked it~.

Setsuna: …Thanks, Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: Think nothing of it~. Now, please tell me what ails you.

Setsuna: …You come from a noble family too, don’t you?

Tsubaki: That I do~.

Setsuna: Did you have a…good childhood?

Tsubaki: No.

Setsuna: !

Tsubaki: My mother was a very strict woman and impossible to please. My entire childhood was dedicated to one day making me bring honor to the family name. If I didn’t perform well during some of my private lectures or training sessions, I was locked up in my room without any food.

Setsuna: Tsubaki…

Tsubaki: The worst part was the children playing outside. I always wanted to join them, but I was either busy, locked up or I didn’t have the guts to talk to them; how could I connect to people my age if we had nothing in common?

Setsuna: …

Tsubaki: Oh, my, sorry about that~, I don’t know what came over me! I just remembered I have to take care of a task Lady Sakura gave me yesterday, but we can talk later~!

Setsuna: …You idiot, don’t think I didn’t see the tears in your eyes.

A

Setsuna: Ah, good morning, Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* why hello there~, you seem to be coming here often these days.

Setsuna: Here.

Tsubaki: Hm? Ah, blackberry tea! It has been too long!

Setsuna: Lady Sakura told me it was your favorite.

Tsubaki: Haha~, well, I know I should be a good nobleman and drink Hoshidan tea, but truth be told I’ve always preferred Nohrian. Don’t tell Oboro I said that~.

Setsuna: Heh…

Tsubaki: You know, you never told me what has been bothering you; care to share? I can’t help you if I don’t know what your problem is~.

Setsuna: Oh, that…I think you’ve already helped.

Tsubaki: Hm~?

Setsuna: When I was young, I was given everything a girl could ask for…but my life was never my own. I love my parents, but they never saw me as an individual...

Tsubaki: Ah, I can relate to that. Please, go on.

Setsuna: My life was planned for me: the people I could meet, the things I could do and say, the man I was supposed to marry…It was easier to just…daydream. To pretend I could fly high up in the air without a care in the world…

Tsubaki: Hm…but how did I help?

Setsuna: Because like you, I had nothing in common with the people around me. But now I’ve found you; you reminded me that I’m not only here because of my duties, but because I want to be.

Tsubaki: S-Setsuna, you’re making me blush~! That’s high praise indeed~.

Setsuna: Heh…

Tsubaki: Alright, I’ve decided! We are going to make your daydream come true~!

Setsuna: What do you mean?

Tsubaki: We’re going to soar through the skies on the back of my pegasus, of course~; if we hurry, we can watch the sun rise~.

Setsuna: That…that sounds lovely. Thank you, Tsubaki…

S

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* the lovely Setsuna returns~. I don’t understand why you keep visiting me this early instead of sleeping like everyone else.

Setsuna: I like the vie…the quiet.

Tsubaki: What was that first part~?

Setsuna: Nothing~.

Tsubaki: If you say so~. Did you have fun the other day? I told you the sunrise was best seen from high above~.

Setsuna: It was wonderful, I can’t remember the last time I’ve been that happy…

Tsubaki: I’m glad~!

Setsuna: But…the ride only played a small part in that feeling.

Tsubaki: Oh?

Setsuna: I was happy because I was alone with you.

Tsubaki: !

Setsuna: I love you. Do you love me?

Tsubaki: Y-You really don’t mince words, do you~?

Setsuna: I don’t see why I should.

Tsubaki: Hah…you’re braver than me; as expected of my future wife~!

Setsuna: Then…?

Tsubaki: Yes, I love you, Setsuna. If my life from now on will be anything like all the mornings we’ve spent together, then I know I’ll be the happiest man in the world~.

Setsuna: Heh…I feel the same. Let’s go and make some breakfast.

[spoiler=Fuuga x Midoriko C-A]

C

Midoriko: Hm hm hm~ I can’t rhyme but it’s herb gathering time~ hm hm hm~ - Eh? Who’s that?

Fuuga: Hue hue hue hue…

Midoriko: L-Lord Fuuga?
You seem to be in a…creepily good mood.

Fuuga: Oh, uh…is that you M-Midoriko? Wow…when did you grow two feet?

Midoriko: W-What are you talking about?! I’m the same as always…I think?

Fuuga: No I’m…I’m pretty sure there’s something off with you…

Midoriko: Lord Fuuga, you’re acting really weird! Wait, what’s that sticking out of your pocket?

Fuuga: Oh…I found…my favorite kind of mushroom! I didn’t think they…they…they…grew so far away from home.

Midoriko: You ATE them?! Those mushrooms are poisonous and eating them can have a whole bunch of strange effects, mild hallucinations being one of the least dangerous!

Fuuga: …That would explain…the talking rock...hue hue…

Midoriko: Geez, I can’t believe the chieftain of the Wind Clan would go off into the forest alone and eat random mushrooms!

Fuuga: …Please don’t tell my mom…

Midoriko: *Sigh* Alright Buster, come on, we’re going back to camp!

Fuuga: Sure but…how? We don’t have any feet…oh no wait, that was the other guys…

B

Midoriko: Well, it seems the worst has passed. I’m amazed, Lord Fuuga, I’ve never heard of anyone recovering so quickly from Blackwood Mushroom poisoning before!

Fuuga: I’m sure it’s all thanks to your medicine, little lady. Thank you for your hard work.

Midoriko: I’ll have you know I’m just as much of a grown up as you! Maybe even more, since I don’t put whatever’s on the ground into my mouth!

Fuuga: Oh, of course, of course. Then I’ll have to ask you to drop the “lord” nonsense and talk to me as an equal, lit- Midoriko.

Midoriko: Sure thing! Now, this is usually the part where my patients start asking me not to tell all of their friends how they ended up here…

Fuuga: Hah! Why in the blazes would I do that? This is a hilarious story! I can’t wait to tell everyone back home about it over a few ice cold beers!

Midoriko: Eh? But all that rambling and puking, isn’t that embarrassing, especially for someone of your standing?

Fuuga: Bah, sure, but those stories are usually the ones that get the loudest laugh, and as a fellow grownup, surely you know that we all need to laugh at ourselves every once in a while.

Midoriko: O-Of course I knew that! In fact, I knew it more than you! I-I was just making sure that mushroom wasn’t still clouding your judgement!

Fuuga: Ah, I see. I thank you again for your dedication, Midoriko. What would this army do without you?

Midoriko: Ehehehe~…

Fuuga: But, purely hypothetically, if you were still a kid, what would you want to do today? It’s a beautiful day outside, and the army isn’t going anywhere for a while; even Ryouma seems to be relaxing more than usual.

Midoriko: W-Well, if I didn’t have so much work to do, I’d love to go out for a walk…or go to town and buy some new clothes…

Fuuga: …

Midoriko: Oh, and I’d probably want to buy a few sweets while in town as well…or maybe play some shogi with Father, as he promised we’d do today…

Fuuga: I see…

Midoriko: B-But that’s only hypothetically, obviously! A-And Father promised we’d play exactly one week from now! So I’ll just have to wait a little!

Fuuga: A we-?! I-I see, Suzukaze is indeed a busy man. Just…don’t forget that he works hard for your sake, alright? Don’t start thinking otherwise in case it doesn’t seem like he has time for you.

Midoriko: ! …I’ve never thought that, that’d be silly…Anyway, you need to get some rest, and I need to start preparing your last round of medicine!

Fuuga: Well, that was depressing. A week, huh…?

A

Midoriko: *Sniffle* Waaah…*hic*

Fuuga: Midoriko? Are you in here?

Midoriko: F-Fuuga? W-Wait, give me a moment, I’m in the middle of *hic* making some very delicate medicine…yes…medicine…

Fuuga: Take your time.

Midoriko: …

Fuuga: …

Midoriko: Okay, you can come in now!

Fuuga: Hello there! Oh, slow day today, huh?

Midoriko: Yes, but I don’t mind, it gives me time to work on some other things! And if no one is here, then that means no one is hurt!

Fuuga: Oh, sure but…doesn’t it get a bit lonely?

Midoriko: O-Of course not, I-I don’t mind being alone in a dark tent w-while it’s raining and…and F-Father d-didn’t…d-didn’t…

Fuuga: When I was a kid, I was terrified of thunder.

Fuuga: In fact, I still get a bit nervous whenever it starts raining like this.

Midoriko: Y-You do?

Fuuga: Sure, we’re all afraid of something; there’s no shame in admitting that.

Fuuga: There’s also no shame in crying if you feel down.

Midoriko: *Sniff*…Waaaaaaaaaaah! F-Father! He promised!

Fuuga: There there…I’m sure he got a very important mission to take care of.

Midoriko: He always h-has to do something that’s more important than me!

Fuuga: I’m sure he feels terrible over having to cancel your plans. Remember what I said: he fights for you; nothing is more important to him than you are.

Midoriko: H-How can you know?

Fuuga: Because I’m a father too, you know. All fathers have a sixth sense when it comes to things like these.

Midoriko: *Hic*

Fuuga: He will definitely make it up to you when he gets back, and then you’ll forget all about this. However, until that time, I was wondering if you could help me out with these.

Midoriko: Woah! Those sweets look delicious!

Fuuga: I thought so too. Can you keep another little secret? I’ve got a bit of a sweet tooth.

Midoriko: Hehehe…a big guy like you?

Fuuga: A big guy like me. My favorites also happen to be these pink, fluffy things that look like bunnies.

Midoriko: Hahaha!

Fuuga: Oh, suddenly I feel a bit lightheaded. It would probably be for the best if I spent a few hours here while you keep an eye on me, just to make sure I don’t get worse. As a thank you, I could teach you a few shogi strategies so you can really kick your father’s rear when he gets back.

Midoriko: Oh! Okay! Hang on, I’ll go get the board!

Fuuga: Heh, look at her go…

Notes: Fuuga's roster tidbit says he's the most loved by kids in the army, so I imagine him being less of a warrior and more of a teddy bear around them, which is also why he says "rear" instead of "ass" at the end there.

I'm so proud of my jab at Awakening's lack of feet

Edited by NekoKnight

I'll probably never get around to writing this one out in the near future as it involves basically all three routes, but here are some thoughts from me. Sorry if I'm a bit over the place and the boatload of text.

[spoiler=thoughts]1. What routes are you working on? Is it an amalgamation of all three? Is it an alternate universe style retelling?

I intend to rewrite all three routes to edit flaws with the general story and characters, but my main focus is the Revelations route (Invisible kingdom sounds a bit better). It might be a bit iffy, but I wanna include the events of the other two routes as a non canon event one of the key characters witness somehow.

I'd probably let the war drag on for a bit longer before Hoshido and Nohr team up and I'll have Touma be a much more proactive antagonistic force. Specific parts of Birthrights plot would change if needed and for Conquest, I intend to have Garon strictly place Kamui under Marx/Camilla's command, but they use this authority to grant Kamui some leeway to explain why Kamui is essentially a glorified freelancer in Conquest rather than little more than a pawn as he should have been. In addition, I plan on having more antecedent actions to gray out the general situation of the plot and the Dragon's Vein be an ability that the Hoshidan and Nohr royal family can use with great difficulty (Hoshido uses it defensively and Nohr is more offensive), but those related to or controlled by Hydra can use it easily and with greater power.

-Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does (lol) going to be addressed?

I could probably inject a boatload of skepticism into characters and have the same effect as the curse, so the curse would be removed entirely.

I could probably replace the magic throne with a rite of ascension ritual both kingdoms practice which involve something akin to the magic mirror wielded by Li Jing in Journey to the West (It's hard to explain in short words).

I originally wanted the crystal ball to be the thing a key character uses to glimpse what happens if Kamui takes the Nohr/Hoshido path, but I think a dream/vision/hallucination would work better here, I'm not sure.

IDK what OP means by operation tears.

Nohr and Hoshido would basically be different sides of the same coin, so they will have equally shady parts of their country, just not in the same way.

As for Aqua, I'll see if I can have her keep her plot relevance and not be stupid at the same time.

-Are there to be any themes communicated through each route?

Appearance vs Reality, isolation, family are some I'm toying around with right now

-What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?

Like I stated previously, the "point" is to iron out flaws in the official narrative, even if it means rewriting general plot direction. The overall direction is going to be bittersweet based on what I've got in my mind so far.

I'd either take the edge off of some extreme character traits or sharpen others on top of giving some characters different ones as well as giving everyone a bit more in the realm of other interests.

-What is Kamui all about (Background, personality, abilities)

Aside from having it so that Kamui isn't related to any of the characters by blood (except maybe Lilith) and Nohr having a forceful memory block spell put on him, I'm not changing much about his background. Kamui is properly trained in court etiquette, but he only uses that in court. His real personality is to be very cold and aloof with those not close to him (curt responses, forceful way of speaking etc.) due to a built up resent towards other people being free to travel as they please while he couldn't and this has resulted in him developing a sense of humor that is formed on being sadistic and expressed in a sarcastic manner along with being naturally distrustful of others. However, he greatly appreciates those who would spend time with him in his solitary confinement in Krakenburg and thus has a close bond with his siblings and his main servants (Jakob, Gunther, Felicia, Lilith and Flora). His solitary confinement combined with being very rarely let out of Krakenburg leads him to be extremely explorative and his relative lack of contacts with those his age leads him to further have a lack of social skills in conjunction with his personality (which would explain why he thinks Fire Emblem amie is a good idea). After spending time in Hoshido, his resent is gradually dulled and his distrust changes to healthy skepticism. He is trained in sword fighting by Marx and in strategy by Leon and is a fast learner which helps him quickly master his dragon transformation when he acquires them, however while he is methodical in combat while human, his attacks are more vicious in dragon form due to regressed brain functions.

-What is Aqua about (personality, role in plot)

Background is unchanged. Personality: She is not related to Kamui and she has a healthier personality than Kamui as even though she isn't free to leave the palace as she pleases, she can travel through the entirety of the Hoshido palace while Kamui is stuck in a specific area of Krakenburg and does not resent Hoshido as a result and sees the good in both countries. She is an idealist and an optimist who dreams of peaceful coexistence, not only between Hoshido and Nohr, but between all people and as such while she isn't indiscriminately friendly, she does remain approachable. She has a natural talent for memorizing songs and singing as she remembered songs used to control dragons in Touma ever since she was a child, she developed her dancing abilities as a method to cope with the feeling of uselessness she gains as a result of knowing the threat Touma poses and the lack of a response from either Mikoto or other officials as it allows her to escape into the music. She prefers to solve matters diplomatically, having learned skills from Yukimura, however she understands that force may be required and as a result she has taught herself how to fight combining dancing and fighting with a lance under guidance from Hinoka. She lacks a strategic and tactical mindset. Likes being close to nature and water.

Role in plot: She had a brief encounter with Kamui on the outset of the story and shortly after officially meeting him in Hoshido, she begins having a dream/hallucination about the Birthright and Conquest paths and convinces Kamui not to take sides in the upcoming war and unite both countries against Touma after gaining his trust (I'm also going to be extending the time Kamui spends in Hoshido prior to the assassination). To that end she leads Kamui into Touma to gain information.

What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings like (personalities, role in plot)

Not much will change except Marx secretly sends Pieri and Lazwald to keep an eye on his siblings and begins to suffer an existential crisis, Camilla copes with negativity by drinking and treating Kamui with unconventional affections (even more so than in the game), but never let's the drinking dull her combat skills, Leon has a healthy rivalry with Kamui and Elise's cheer is at times artificial to keep the mood up and hide her worries. Ryoma is strongly anti-Nohr and his Honor Code can work against him,Hinoka has next to no sense of humor or diplomatic skill and is the strongest warrior of the Hoshidan siblings, Takumi has a dangerous jealousy streak and ego and initially is manipulated by Hydra due to this and Sakura's personality can turn on a dime.

What is Garon, Mikoto, Lilith and other major characters about?

Garon is resurrected and controlled by Hydra rather than being a slime thing, Mikoto stays the same, Lilith I'm not too sure how to giver her additional content yet, but she will remain Kamui's half sister.

What is Hydra all about (role in plot)?

This version is much more proactive about destroying Hoshido and Nohr, forcing those he controls on both sides to engage in highly destructive strategies and is a much more powerful necromancer since he can grant his resurrected puppets control over the Dragon's Vein as well as making them stronger than they were alive. However he cannot grant all of his resurrected puppets control over the Dragon's Vein, so he only grants it to the strongest ones he resurrects. He can also manipulate extremely strong negative emotions (hate, greed etc.) to bend those people to his will when they are alive. In a nutshell, he is a cross between Darkseid and Nekron, prefers to let others do the dirty work, but is extremely powerful himself.

What significant change will you make to the setting?

The tensions will be more similar to the Cold War where both countries are ready for war, both countries have some strained diplomatic ties and both went through a nearly catastrophic crisis (Kamui and Aqua's capture) and both had a war that didn't go well (Chevalier for Nohr, Kouga for Hoshido)

Do any characters die?

Yes

Will you be adding new characters?

Most likely not

Are any characters going to be cut

Heavily edited, but not outright removed if I can help it.

Edited by Nintendoentersoft

More Authors

[spoiler=Blade_of_Light]

Chapter 1

1. What routes are you working on? Is it an amalgamation of all three? Is it an alternate universe style retelling?

I am focusing on Birthright for now, but I am going to do Conquest if I do well with the former (under the names "Blood" and "Bond" respectively.

Well it sort of started with searching around on the official website. I found that the site said that you will have to work to earn your siblings trust in the birthright route. I found it quite amusing, since the siblings (save Takumi) trusted you from the start. But then I thought, "What if you were actually doing that?” Similarly, the birthright choice in the "Branching Point of Fate" said "Defend Hoshido". Since it sounds way better than "Play Hide and Seek with Hoshido," Why don't we just do that?

Basically, In Fire Emblem Fates: Blood, Corrin is trying to rebuild his trust and relationship with his forgotten Hoshidan Kin, and at the same time, assisting them as they repel various attacks from the invading Nohr Kingdom on important locations in Hoshido.

I am still thinking about what will happen with Fates: Bond though, I need some ideas.

· Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does) going to be addressed?

I will be throwing most of those out the window, except the curse. I need to know more about its problems before I decide whether or not I can fix it.

Edit: Yeah, it’s out.

· Are there any themes to be communicated over each route?

Blood covers the dangers of mistrust and doubt.

· What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?

I think I need to know what exactly you mean by this.

Most of the characters are the same as their canon counterparts, but I will be trying to tweak their major problems without creating an entirely new person. I am however considering having Kagero and Hinoka switch places.

What is Kamui all about (background, personality, abilities)?

Corrin is a prince (princess if I do bond) in the same situation as the original story. He, however, is not "worshiped" by everyone like in the game. Corrin's personality is similar to his canon one, but much smarter, but also not quite as honest. Corrin also still has his dragon fang abilities but they are more important here than in the original (where Corrin turns to a dragon, and this ability is never addressed again).

· What is Aqua all about (personality, role in the plot)?

Azura is a songstress who was originally a Nohr princess, but she ran to Hoshido as a young child due to Garon’s oppression on Nohr. She is still reserved, though somewhat arrogant. She is still the dueteragonist of story, but this will be more apparent.

· What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings all about (personalities, roles in the plot)?

Nohr

· Xander: The crown prince of the Nohrian family. The most powerful man in Nohr (besides Garon) Xander is mostly calm and level headed, and protective of his family. He does, however, fails to understand the façade that Garon has hid himself under to his children, who is not quite the same towards others outside the castle. Wields the legendary Siegfried.

· Camilla: The eldest princess of the Nohr family. In this story, I introduced her to the world of pants (sorry fanboys). She is a very motherly figure, and quite doting to all her younger siblings. She is, however, merciless too her foes.

· Leo: The youngest prince of the Nohrian royal family. The head of magic in Nohr, Leo is a magical prodigy, and has quite a reputation of coldness among the Nohrian citizens. Despite this, he is very absent minded, and not only does it leave him with his clothes inside out and backwards (I can totally relate) it also interferes with his magic. Wields the legendary Brynhilder.

· Elise: The youngest princess of the Nohrian family. Seen by her older siblings as “the only light of Nohr” she is very cheerful and adoring of all her siblings (especially Corrin, who she spent the most time with) wishing to be like them some day.

Hoshido

· Ryoma: The crown prince of the Hoshidan royal family. The most powerful man in Hoshido, and a follower of Bushido, Ryoma is kind, but somewhat hotheaded and short tempered. He is very aware of this, and hard on himself for it.

· Hinoka/Kagero*: The eldest princess of the Hoshidan royal family. (short and bland like the canon XD)

· Takumi: The youngest prince of Hoshidan family. Dealing with inferiority complex, Takumi is somewhat envious of the attention his other siblings get, and wants to improve himself to get himself to stand out. He is very distrusting, and quite paranoid about Nohrian activity. Wields the legendary Fujjin (I forgot how its spelled).

· Sakura: The youngest princess of the Hoshidan family. She is pretty shy and reserved, except around Azura. She is not very fond of this however, and she wants this reversed.

*I am considering switching HInoka’s role with Kagero’s. I will add more info once I made my decision.

· What is Hydra all about (role in the plot)?

· What is Garon, Mikoto, Lilith or any other important character all about?

· What changes will be made to minor characters

Details coming soon.

· What ideas do you have for world building?

· What kind of history does this continent have?

· What is the balance of natural and supernatural elements?

· Are the Faceless and invisible enemies in your story?

Oh yeah..... :B)::B)::B):

No, all the characters are canon.

I really want to avoid this, but we will see what the future holds.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. Will update more in the future (if someone else already had a similar idea though, forget I was here.)

[spoiler=NightStar]

Revelations. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't combine Birthright and Conquest stories. So here's me trying to rewrite that and fill in the missing lore while I'm at it, along with a bunch of stuff. Basically the entire "canon" story.

You can take a look at my fic here.

• Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does) going to be addressed?
  • Are there any themes to be communicated over each route?
  • What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?

Yes. All (if I can squeeze all - though I'll do my damndest to try) of them are going to be addressed. There will be hints of both Birthright and Conquest routes. Other elements include: time travel, a lot of old magic, reworking of the children + Deep Realms thing as well as miscellaneous issues.

• What is Kamui all about (background, personality, abilities)?
  • What is Aqua all about (personality, role in the plot)?
  • What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings all about (personalities, roles in the plot)?
  • What is Garon, Mikoto, Lilith or any other important character all about?
  • What is Hydra all about (role in the plot)?
  • What changes will be made to minor characters?

Kamui is definitely more proactive and head-strong in the story as she has the knowledge from both routes. Hence, a lot of changes have been and will be made. She'll fight, but on her own terms this time.

Aqua and the royals will also have more proactive roles, to say the least. Can't say more as I'd spoil later chapters.

If you've seen my headcanon about Anankos in the Alternate Story Ideas thread, you may or may not know where I'll go with it. Though, it's subject to change.

• What ideas do you have for world building?
  • What kind of history does this continent have?
  • What is the balance of natural and supernatural elements?
  • Are the Faceless and invisible enemies in your story?

I am toying with bringing Awakening characters/verse into Fates, though it is currently unlikely as there's a huge cast of characters already. Again, subject to change. It'd be tricky, but doable.

For history, please click this link. It'll refer you to my post in the Alternate Story Ideas thread. Subject to change.

Elements... Secret, sorry.

Still mulling over this, but probably not.

Leaning towards the "Yes". Don't kill me, please.

Maybe a few. Not too many, of course. 50-50.

I'll probably cut out the children. Not sure about this yet.

===========================

If you just want the link to my fic, click here.

Edited by NekoKnight

[spoiler=thoughts]

I could probably replace the magic throne with a rite of ascension ritual both kingdoms practice which involve something akin to the magic mirror wielded by Li Jing in Journey to the West (It's hard to explain in short words).

YO, another JttW fan! Never thought I would see one on SF :D

I'm kinda surprised there aren't more since Fire Emblem kinda has some supernatural fantasy elements of JttW. Since you know what I'm talking about, would having that mirror that reveals the true identity/nature of a person be a thing both Nohr and Hoshido have, but they need to use the one in the Hoshido rite of ascension because using the one in Nohr is considered unnecessary by the general army be less dumb than the magical throne only Hoshido has?

I'm kinda surprised there aren't more since Fire Emblem kinda has some supernatural fantasy elements of JttW. Since you know what I'm talking about, would having that mirror that reveals the true identity/nature of a person be a thing both Nohr and Hoshido have, but they need to use the one in the Hoshido rite of ascension because using the one in Nohr is considered unnecessary by the general army be less dumb than the magical throne only Hoshido has?

Yo, grew up on JttW here \o

My way with words is utter shit so I won't be writing my own fic, but a few writers bounce ideas off me and I usually like to reference a lot of points in Chinese history for Hoshido's development and grey-ificiation (since talk what you know, right, and I know quite a bit of Chinese history), so there's that. China has a rich and highly variant history due to all the different dynasties so it's fairly easy to pick material that fits somewhere in there.

My way with words is utter shit so I won't be writing my own fic, but a few writers bounce ideas off me and I usually like to reference a lot of points in Chinese history for Hoshido's development and grey-ificiation (since talk what you know, right, and I know quite a bit of Chinese history), so there's that. China has a rich and highly variant history due to all the different dynasties so it's fairly easy to pick material that fits somewhere in there.

Well for starters I think if Hoshido had a societal structure akin to the Song dynasty with a feudal system of, say the Han dynasty, combined with the military of the Tang dynasty and a ruler more akin to the Sui or Qin dynasty, that would be a seriously grayed out country.

Well for starters I think if Hoshido had a societal structure akin to the Song dynasty with a feudal system of, say the Han dynasty, combined with the military of the Tang dynasty and a ruler more akin to the Sui or Qin dynasty, that would be a seriously grayed out country.

Oh haha hell yeah

Oh man Song dynasty society

I do see a lot of the Hoshido's more rigid social mobility vs Nohr's whatever goes social headcanons and I like that idea

Also, to clarify, by feudal system of the Han dynasty, I meant the whole warlord with personal army and territory thing. I was thinking Zhou dynasty, but then I thought: can't imagine Hoshido splitting into THAT many tiny countries. Right now, the only thing I'm iffy with is the whole mirror part of ascension to show Garon is dead and controlled by Hydra and the visions Aqua get of the Birthright and Conquest routes cause that might be a weak link to all three stories.

As a side note, can I just complain real quick on how North America is seriously straight screwed with name localization? I blame McCarthy and the Red Scare for making Marx Xander and Leon Leo (Trotsky). I'm also kinda tempted to rename Macbeth to Claudius or keep it and change Ophelia to either be a guy called Macduff or keep her as Ophelia just so I can make some Shakespearean jokes.

One thing that might need to stay on the Japanese flavor of things is the uninterrupted dynastic line. Both Nohr and Hoshido seem to have in in that the Dragon Vein passes on through blood and they've inherited the Holy Weapons.

Also MacBeth's localized name is Iago if you like that more (choose a random name could confuse potential readers).

One thing that might need to stay on the Japanese flavor of things is the uninterrupted dynastic line. Both Nohr and Hoshido seem to have in in that the Dragon Vein passes on through blood and they've inherited the Holy Weapons.

Also MacBeth's localized name is Iago if you like that more (choose a random name could confuse potential readers).

Well, drawing parallels between Nohr and Hoshido would be easier in that regard due to both East and West having a form of Divine Right of Kings and the Great Chain of Being, which is why I liked the original name of Macbeth more because the play Macbeth was all about that while Iago is just known for messing up his king's marriage, not owning up to it, and having more lines than the main character in Othello.

I'm not gonna lie, I was planning on playing with that if I already didn't say it were caused by a bloodline - I mean I could edit that out but...

Basically, families that had the Dragon Vein engaged in rather rampant incest in order to keep the bloodline pure. This resulted in a "mass dying out" and actually fewer people with the Dragon Vein due to the lack of healthy heirs to have it.

But I don't know.

I'm not gonna lie, I was planning on playing with that if I already didn't say it were caused by a bloodline - I mean I could edit that out but...

Basically, families that had the Dragon Vein engaged in rather rampant incest in order to keep the bloodline pure. This resulted in a "mass dying out" and actually fewer people with the Dragon Vein due to the lack of healthy heirs to have it.

But I don't know.

So between people dying in your fan fiction and toying around with that, is it bad I am imagining Game of Thrones: Fire Emblem Edition?

So between people dying in your fan fiction and toying around with that, is it bad I am imagining Game of Thrones: Fire Emblem Edition?

As someone who likes Game of Thrones

possibly

no joffreys

As someone who likes Game of Thrones

possibly

no joffreys

In related news, I heard from my dad (who is the prime minister of Nintendo) that in the localized version, this line will be included:

King Garon: Burn them all. Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.

In related news, I heard from my dad (who is the prime minister of Nintendo) that in the localized version, this line will be included:

King Garon: Burn them all. Burn them in their homes. Burn them in their beds.

You bastard. I now have to put this in my signature.And have Garon say that in the story.

So I've come up for an alternate ending to the Nohr route. The "How it should have ended" of FE Fates, if you will.

The conquest of Hoshido in complete and Garon is in control. Kamui, Aqua and the Nohrian siblings wait outside the throne room and Kamui tells them what he and Aqua have been scheming.

Kamui: Garon is an evil slime monster and not your real dad.

Elise: Kamui... I know you didn't take well to finding out you're adopted but you can't just say he's not our dad either.

Kamui: No, I mean he really isn't you dad!

Marx: If it turns out you're lying, I'll kill you.

Kamui: Open the door and see for yourself!

Kamui: Ahah! Behold the true Ga...ron...

*Kamui opens the doors to reveal King Garon sitting on a completely normal chair with no sight of the Hoshidan throne*

Garon: What's up?

Kamui: B-but... the Hoshidan throne! Why aren't you sitting on the throne!?

Garon: Oh, that old thing? It didn't agree with my aesthetics so I refurnished the place.

*Marx unsheathes his sword and glares at Kamui*

Kamui: ...Fuck.

Please be my friend :)

The thing about Chinese history and mythology is that it's so rich on characters and war stories, which can be really "wtf" but still enjoyable as hell. I don't think it translates well to a, shall we say, "mainstream" media. Hoshido is so stereotypical of how Japan is, with strong and honored samurais and kind and beautiful mikos but this is how most like it, since they like such heroes. IMHO, Chinese power-brokers and strategists prided in deception ("deception is warfare") and really much of Chinese fiction revolve around that. Imagine Ryouma being a backstabber like, say Lü Bu, and readers would instantly be turned off.

Well, I am gonna throw out that IS really don't care about taking good inspirations since they are all about following the mainstream. JttW is anything but. Even other fantasy elements like Le Morte D'Arthur or the Song of Roland can be pretty grimey as well but no, they take the parts they think appeals to audience more.

I would say the mirror idea is at less dumb, since you could always have the mirror smashed (Zhu did break it once right?) and Garon or Iago could have known about Kamui & co.'s plan to use the mirror.

Also, to clarify, by feudal system of the Han dynasty, I meant the whole warlord with personal army and territory thing. I was thinking Zhou dynasty, but then I thought: can't imagine Hoshido splitting into THAT many tiny countries. Right now, the only thing I'm iffy with is the whole mirror part of ascension to show Garon is dead and controlled by Hydra and the visions Aqua get of the Birthright and Conquest routes cause that might be a weak link to all three stories.

To tell the truth, I don't think it would work. The Han dynasty's split "worked" because there was no sense of nationality so anyone could claim to be the rightful loyalist and followers would flock. Fates is pretty distinctive with "Hoshidans" and "Nohrians".

The thing about Chinese history and mythology is that it's so rich on characters and war stories, which can be really "wtf" but still enjoyable as hell. I don't think it translates well to a, shall we say, "mainstream" media. Hoshido is so stereotypical of how Japan is, with strong and honored samurais and kind and beautiful mikos but this is how most like it, since they like such heroes. IMHO, Chinese power-brokers and strategists prided in deception ("deception is warfare") and really much of Chinese fiction revolve around that. Imagine Ryouma being a backstabber like, say Lü Bu, and readers would instantly be turned off.

Well I mean, you can pick parts of Chinese history to work off of to suit your needs. I think Lu Bu is probably an extreme in the other direction, anyway, but someone like Guan Yu or Zhao Yun (at least, as depicted in RoTK) isn't entirely awful to reference, but not copy from. Or hell, national heroes like Yue Fei.

I honestly just ref Chinese history as a whole for about everything to look at historical precedence. Concubine wars in Nohr, for example, sometimes I like to look at the harems of Chinese Emperors.

I guess it's just the one history I know pretty well.

Well I mean, you can pick parts of Chinese history to work off of to suit your needs. I think Lu Bu is probably an extreme in the other direction, anyway, but someone like Guan Yu or Zhao Yun (at least, as depicted in RoTK) isn't entirely awful to reference, but not copy from. Or hell, national heroes like Yue Fei.

I honestly just ref Chinese history as a whole for about everything to look at historical precedence. Concubine wars in Nohr, for example, sometimes I like to look at the harems of Chinese Emperors.

I guess it's just the one history I know pretty well.

I understand the sentiment. When you are writing something, you do take from what you feel comfortable about. There is always a risk of imposing another character on the game's character if you don't thread carefully. I wanted to make Birthright!Kamui something like Zhao Yun, with theme of loyalty and heroism, but then I realized it was just trying to impose a character I like on someone I don't like.

I talked to another SF member about the unexplained concubine wars actually, of how Iago came to power. I imagined Iago taking influence in a similar way to the Ten Attendants (with not as drastic consequences however).

Well, I am gonna throw out that IS really don't care about taking good inspirations since they are all about following the mainstream. JttW is anything but. Even other fantasy elements like Le Morte D'Arthur or the Song of Roland can be pretty grimey as well but no, they take the parts they think appeals to audience more.

I would say the mirror idea is at less dumb, since you could always have the mirror smashed (Zhu did break it once right?) and Garon or Iago could have known about Kamui & co.'s plan to use the mirror.

To tell the truth, I don't think it would work. The Han dynasty's split "worked" because there was no sense of nationality so anyone could claim to be the rightful loyalist and followers would flock. Fates is pretty distinctive with "Hoshidans" and "Nohrians".

That's true, also I imagine Iago/Macbeth to be kind of a RoTK Cao Cao type of schemer that would backstab you the minute you aren't useful to him anymore, assuming we mean the fictionalized account of the Three Kingdoms period when we mean RoTK.

I could have Lilith use her power to travel between worlds to know what happens if Kamui chooses Nohr and Hoshido, but then I'd have to explain why she didn't go to one in which Kamui didn't take sides and if I go the whole Aqua dreamed it route, that would be a pretty flimsy story if she told it to Kamui, though it would reflect nicely on how Kamui's trust issues I intend for him to go through changes when he has more freedom to travel. Decisions, decisions....