Fates Fanfiction Central (Spoilers)

NekoKnight

Hey hey! That's pretty neato! Maybe I should give it a shot, although I don't know which characters I would write about - maybe the ones with supports so horrible mine will look great in comparison no matter how shoddily I write them.

Hinoka x Saizo, you can only improve it.

I think the best choices for supports are:

1. Characters who for whatever reason didn't support but should (Ex. Scarlet and Ryoma)

2. Characters who have one-note personalities that would appreciate deeper characterization

3. Characters who can provide more world building courtesy of their heritage (any of the tribe members or nobles).

Most of the existing supports discuss each others' personality quirks so if you talk about anything else, you're probably on the right track.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hinoka x Saizo, you can only improve it.

Just make it "..."

I've been thinking on doing something for Soleil on the basis of her being born with Chrom's blue hair and the Exalt Brand. I don't know who I'd fit it with though - maybe Ophelia, maybe an alternate one with FCorrin her mother...

Just reading this thread to filth makes me want to write my own Fates fanfic! Even if I wrote one, I would have made it more campier just to make fun of it, but I'm not sure if I'm up to the job to write a GOOD story at all...

Hey hey! That's pretty neato! Maybe I should give it a shot, although I don't know which characters I would write about - maybe the ones with supports so horrible mine will look great in comparison no matter how shoddily I write them.

Your biggest challenge will be to keep the characters, well, in character. If ou can do that, you're golden to write some great supports!

Just reading this thread to filth makes me want to write my own Fates fanfic! Even if I wrote one, I would have made it more campier just to make fun of it, but I'm not sure if I'm up to the job to write a GOOD story at all...

Your biggest challenge will be to keep the characters, well, in character. If ou can do that, you're golden to write some great supports!

Not exactly. Most people think a lot of the character's canon personalaties are bland and/or gimmicky, and often changes them.

So I gave rewriting a support a shot. I decided to write about two people I don't really care or know much about in an attempt to make them slightly more interesting. Whether or not I succeeded is highly debatable.

[spoiler=Tsubaki x Setsuna]C

Tsubaki: Well well~ I didn’t expect to see you training this early in the morning, Setsuna!

Setsuna: Oh, Tsubaki…

Tsubaki: What a cold greeting~, you should be careful with that frown; we wouldn’t want that pretty face to be the victim of premature wrinkles, hm~?

Setsuna: Sorry, I’m just a bit distracted…

Tsubaki: Well, that training dummy is starting to look like a pin cushion, so I’d wager you’ve been here for quite some time~, what’s on your mind?

Setsuna: I just...do you ever wonder why and how you ended up here?

Tsubaki: My my~ I knew you were scatterbrained but I never thought you’d forget an entire war!

Setsuna: No that’s not it…I thought you’d understand since you’re also from a noble family…

Tsubaki: Which is precisely why my duty is always foremost on my mind~. I don’t have time to play around in holes, you know~?

Setsuna: …

Tsubaki: Setsuna?

Setsuna: I’m leaving.

Tsubaki: Ah, no wait, I’m sorry! Drat, maybe I took the teasing a bit too far…

B

Tsubaki: At it again, are we?

Tsubaki: Well, I can’t say I don’t deserve that greeting this time around~.

Setsuna: What do you want?

Tsubaki: To apologize, of course~! I acted like an awful comrade and even worse friend, so I’m sorry, and I wanted to bring you this!

Setsuna: This is…green tea?

Tsubaki: With some honey in it, just like Hinoka told me you liked it~.

Setsuna: …Thanks, Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: Think nothing of it~. Now, please tell me what ails you.

Setsuna: …You come from a noble family too, don’t you?

Tsubaki: That I do~.

Setsuna: Did you have a…good childhood?

Tsubaki: No.

Setsuna: !

Tsubaki: My mother was a very strict woman and impossible to please. My entire childhood was dedicated to one day making me bring honor to the family name. If I didn’t perform well during some of my private lectures or training sessions, I was locked up in my room without any food.

Setsuna: Tsubaki…

Tsubaki: The worst part was the children playing outside. I always wanted to join them, but I was either busy, locked up or I didn’t have the guts to talk to them; how could I connect to people my age if we had nothing in common?

Tsubaki: Oh, my, sorry about that~, I don’t know what came over me! I just remembered I have to take care of a task Lady Sakura gave me yesterday, but we can talk later~!

Setsuna: …You idiot, don’t think I didn’t see the tears in your eyes.

A

Setsuna: Ah, good morning, Tsubaki.

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* why hello there~, you seem to be coming here often these days.

Setsuna: Here.

Tsubaki: Hm? Ah, blackberry tea! It has been too long!

Setsuna: Lady Sakura told me it was your favorite.

Tsubaki: Haha~, well, I know I should be a good nobleman and drink Hoshidan tea, but truth be told I’ve always preferred Nohrian. Don’t tell Oboro I said that~.

Setsuna: Heh…

Tsubaki: You know, you never told me what has been bothering you; care to share? I can’t help you if I don’t know what your problem is~.

Setsuna: Oh, that…I think you’ve already helped.

Tsubaki: Hm~?

Setsuna: When I was young, I was given everything a girl could ask for…but my life was never my own. I love my parents, but they never saw me as an individual...

Tsubaki: Ah, I can relate to that. Please, go on.

Setsuna: My life was planned for me: the people I could meet, the things I could do and say, the man I was supposed to marry…It was easier to just…daydream. To pretend I could fly high up in the air without a care in the world…

Tsubaki: Hm…but how did I help?

Setsuna: Because like you, I had nothing in common with the people around me. But now I’ve found you; you reminded me that I’m not only here because of my duties, but because I want to be.

Tsubaki: S-Setsuna, you’re making me blush~! That’s high praise indeed~.

Tsubaki: Alright, I’ve decided! We are going to make your daydream come true~!

Setsuna: What do you mean?

Tsubaki: We’re going to soar through the skies on the back of my pegasus, of course~; if we hurry, we can watch the sun rise~.

Setsuna: That…that sounds lovely. Thank you, Tsubaki…

S

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* the lovely Setsuna returns~. I don’t understand why you keep visiting me this early instead of sleeping like everyone else.

Setsuna: I like the vie…the quiet.

Tsubaki: What was that first part~?

Setsuna: Nothing~.

Tsubaki: If you say so~. Did you have fun the other day? I told you the sunrise was best seen from high above~.

Setsuna: It was wonderful, I can’t remember the last time I’ve been that happy…

Tsubaki: I’m glad~!

Setsuna: But…the ride only played a small part in that feeling.

Tsubaki: Oh?

Setsuna: I was happy because I was alone with you.

Tsubaki: !

Setsuna: I love you. Do you love me?

Tsubaki: Y-You really don’t mince words, do you~?

Setsuna: I don’t see why I should.

Tsubaki: Hah…you’re braver than me; as expected of my future wife~!

Setsuna: Then…?

Tsubaki: Yes, I love you, Setsuna. If my life from now on will be anything like all the mornings we’ve spent together, then I know I’ll be the happiest man in the world~.

Setsuna: Heh…I feel the same. Let’s go and make some breakfast.

Fin

Problems:

Tsubaki spilling the beans immediately.

Don't know if Tsubaki is upper class or a noble.

Setsuna being a bit too talkative and slightly out of character - however, she doesn't have that much to work with. I tried making her lines shorter and more compact, and I added a lot of ellipses to give it a feeling of her talking slower.

Didn't feel like i could develop their backstories more without making it all come across too hamfistedly.

Edited by Thane

So I gave rewriting a support a shot. I decided to write about two people I don't really care or know much about in an attempt to make them slightly more interesting. Whether or not I succeeded is highly debatable.

Tsubaki: Well well~ I didn’t expect to see you training this early in the morning, Setsuna!

Tsubaki: What a cold greeting~, you should be careful with that frown; we wouldn’t want that pretty face to be the victim of premature wrinkles, hm~?

Tsubaki: Well, that training dummy is starting to look like a pin cushion, so I’d wager you’ve been here for quite some time~, what’s on your mind?

Tsubaki: My my~ I knew you were scatterbrained but I never thought you’d forget an entire war!

Setsuna: No that’s not it…I thought you’d understand since you’re also from a noble family…

Tsubaki: Which is precisely why my duty is always foremost on my mind~. I don’t have time to play around in holes, you know~?

B

Tsubaki: To apologize, of course~! I acted like an awful comrade and even worse friend, so I’m sorry, and I wanted to bring you this!

Tsubaki: My mother was a very strict woman and impossible to please. My entire childhood was dedicated to one day making me bring honor to the family name. If I didn’t perform well during some of my private lectures or training sessions, I was locked up in my room without any food.

Tsubaki: The worst part was the children playing outside. I always wanted to join them, but I was either busy, locked up or I didn’t have the guts to talk to them; how could I connect to people my age if we had nothing in common?

Tsubaki: Oh, my, sorry about that~, I don’t know what came over me! I just remembered I have to take care of a task Lady Sakura gave me yesterday, but we can talk later~!

A

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* why hello there~, you seem to be coming here often these days.

Tsubaki: Haha~, well, I know I should be a good nobleman and drink Hoshidan tea, but truth be told I’ve always preferred Nohrian. Don’t tell Oboro I said that~.

Tsubaki: You know, you never told me what has been bothering you; care to share? I can’t help you if I don’t know what your problem is~.

Setsuna: When I was young, I was given everything a girl could ask for…but my life was never my own. I love my parents, but they never saw me as an individual...

Setsuna: My life was planned for me: the people I could meet, the things I could do and say, the man I was supposed to marry…It was easier to just…daydream. To pretend I could fly high up in the air without a care in the world…

Setsuna: Because like you, I had nothing in common with the people around me. But now I’ve found you; you reminded me that I’m not only here because of my duties, but because I want to be.

Tsubaki: We’re going to soar through the skies on the back of my pegasus, of course~; if we hurry, we can watch the sun rise~.

S

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* the lovely Setsuna returns~. I don’t understand why you keep visiting me this early instead of sleeping like everyone else.

Tsubaki: If you say so~. Did you have fun the other day? I told you the sunrise was best seen from high above~.

Tsubaki: Yes, I love you, Setsuna. If my life from now on will be anything like all the mornings we’ve spent together, then I know I’ll be the happiest man in the world~.

Fin

Problems:

Setsuna being a bit too talkative and slightly out of character - however, she doesn't have that much to work with. I tried making her lines shorter and more compact, and I added a lot of ellipses to give it a feeling of her talking slower.

Didn't feel like i could develop their backstories more without making it all come across too hamfistedly.

I thought it was a good attempt. Better than mine which doesn't even exist.

I don't know about Tsubaki's heritage, either. I just assumed he came from a line of perfectionists that always managed to somehow serve the royal family in one way or another.

The problem with S-rank is that they usually feel rushed and/or forced unless it is hinted outside of the supports that the units have a particular connection or some kind of outside interaction. I thought about writing a support, making the A+ rank a proper support and then making S-rank the final rank but it might be too lengthy? Then, the confession would not be an outright "I love you" but it would instead subtly hint that the two characters would like to spend more time with each other and perhaps pursue a relationship but the game would acknowledge them as a married couple, anyways. LOL. After the support line is finished, when you are in My Castle, you can randomly find the two characters together and you can get different snippets of how their relationship is going or how they feel after a certain chapter.

...And I totally went off on a tangent about how I wished the support system really was.

I give you a 10/10 for trying, Friend.

Before I start writing the next chapter, here's the basic idea of what goes down.

-First of all, mistakes were made. The pairings for Inigo, Severa and Owain I mentioned were meant to be based on my Lunatic+ playthrough. I accidentally looked at my pairings for regular lunatic by mistake. The only real change is that Owain's dad is Libra, as Avatar wound up being married to Anna.

-The framing device is explained in further detail, with references to the Future Past world (mentions of Grimleal and Owain having written a 43-Volume Epic about it).

-Kamui is introduced. I've been bouncing around on him a lot, so here's what I've got right now.

[spoiler=Kamui]

-He hasn't changed much in terms of personality; being very shy, a bit of a doormat and having 'real men wear pink' hobbies like sewing and cooking (to contrast with the protagonist of my other fanfiction, who is Rated M for Manly, confident and rather independent). He's also a bit of a blood knight and rather lethargic most of the time (as detailed below) and his hobbies are kept as secret as possible, since Nohrian society has traditional, clearly-defined and expected gender roles.

-I've been trying to decide whether his class would be a Spear Master or a homebrew Dark Bishop (mostly since they use my favourite weapon types), but I've settled on Spear Master for now. If you guys have any preference or opinion, I'd love to hear it.

-In terms of looks, he's mostly just 'male Mikoto' minus one eye and with the obvious draconic features.

-In terms of Draconic inheritance, his main element is water (the royals can use every type, but they have an affinity for only one with everything else being much weaker), his hearing and sense of smell are excellent, and he's a genetic freak in terms of physical prowess (all the royals are, but Kamui benefits from it more since he's a second-generation descendant). As for flaws, he's almost blind (except in battle, as a result of blood vessels in the eye constriction. This actually is something that can happen: http://www.livescience.com/41045-snakes-eyes-blood-flow-control.html),he doesn't need to eat as frequently and as a result is very lethargic outside of battle (the energy he gets from eating is saved for situations that would cause an adrenaline rush), his predatory instincts have him act very blood knight-ish at times which leads to some Leeroy Jenkins habits and his body lacks the ability to regulate it's own temperature due to being exothermic (so no hair anywhere except for the head and he can't sweat). He also sleeps a lot and likes shiny things, but those are more miscellaneous than anything else.

Edited by Phillius

Skip if you just want the link to my fic in progress at the end, or you can just click the link after my answer to Q1.

1. What routes are you working on? Is it an amalgamation of all three? Is it an alternate universe style retelling?

Revelations. I was kind of disappointed that they didn't combine Birthright and Conquest stories. So here's me trying to rewrite that and fill in the missing lore while I'm at it, along with a bunch of stuff. Basically the entire "canon" story.

You can take a look at my fic here.

2. What notable changes would you make to the plot?

• Are problematic elements (the curse, the magic throne, the crystal ball, operation tears, Nohr and Hoshido being too black and white, everything Aqua does) going to be addressed?
  • Are there any themes to be communicated over each route?
  • What is the overall direction and "point" of each route?

Yes. All (if I can squeeze all - though I'll do my damndest to try) of them are going to be addressed. There will be hints of both Birthright and Conquest routes. Other elements include: time travel, a lot of old magic, reworking of the children + Deep Realms thing as well as miscellaneous issues.

3. What notable changes would you make to the characters?

• What is Kamui all about (background, personality, abilities)?
  • What is Aqua all about (personality, role in the plot)?
  • What are the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings all about (personalities, roles in the plot)?
  • What is Garon, Mikoto, Lilith or any other important character all about?
  • What is Hydra all about (role in the plot)?
  • What changes will be made to minor characters?

Kamui is definitely more proactive and head-strong in the story as she has the knowledge from both routes. Hence, a lot of changes have been and will be made. She'll fight, but on her own terms this time.

Aqua and the royals will also have more proactive roles, to say the least. Can't say more as I'd spoil later chapters.

If you've seen my headcanon about Anankos in the Alternate Story Ideas thread, you may or may not know where I'll go with it. Though, it's subject to change.

4. What notable changes would you make to the setting?

• What ideas do you have for world building?
  • What kind of history does this continent have?
  • What is the balance of natural and supernatural elements?
  • Are the Faceless and invisible enemies in your story?

I am toying with bringing Awakening characters/verse into Fates, though it is currently unlikely as there's a huge cast of characters already. Again, subject to change. It'd be tricky, but doable.

For history, please click this link. It'll refer you to my post in the Alternate Story Ideas thread. Subject to change.

Elements... Secret, sorry.

Still mulling over this, but probably not.

5. Do any characters die?

Leaning towards the "Yes". Don't kill me, please.

6. Do you introduce any new characters?

Maybe a few. Not too many, of course. 50-50.

7. Are any characters going to be cut?

I'll probably cut out the children. Not sure about this yet.

===========================

If you just want the link to my fic, click here.

Edited by NightStar

[spoiler=Tsubaki x Setsuna]C[/size]

Tsubaki: Well well~ I didnt expect to see you training this early in the morning, Setsuna!

Setsuna: Oh, Tsubaki

Tsubaki: What a cold greeting~, you should be careful with that frown; we wouldnt want that pretty face to be the victim of premature wrinkles, hm~?

Setsuna: Sorry, Im just a bit distracted

Tsubaki: Well, that training dummy is starting to look like a pin cushion, so Id wager youve been here for quite some time~, whats on your mind?

Tsubaki: My my~ I knew you were scatterbrained but I never thought youd forget an entire war!

Setsuna: No thats not itI thought youd understand since youre also from a noble family

Tsubaki: Which is precisely why my duty is always foremost on my mind~. I dont have time to play around in holes, you know~?

Setsuna:

Setsuna: Im leaving.

Tsubaki: Ah, no wait, Im sorry! Drat, maybe I took the teasing a bit too farB

Setsuna: Oh, Tsubaki

Tsubaki: Well, I cant say I dont deserve that greeting this time around~.

Tsubaki: To apologize, of course~! I acted like an awful comrade and even worse friend, so Im sorry, and I wanted to bring you this!

Setsuna: This isgreen tea?

Setsuna: Thanks, Tsubaki.

Setsuna: You come from a noble family too, dont you?

Setsuna: Did you have agood childhood?

Tsubaki: My mother was a very strict woman and impossible to please. My entire childhood was dedicated to one day making me bring honor to the family name. If I didnt perform well during some of my private lectures or training sessions, I was locked up in my room without any food.

Setsuna: Tsubaki

Tsubaki: The worst part was the children playing outside. I always wanted to join them, but I was either busy, locked up or I didnt have the guts to talk to them; how could I connect to people my age if we had nothing in common?

Setsuna:

Tsubaki: Oh, my, sorry about that~, I dont know what came over me! I just remembered I have to take care of a task Lady Sakura gave me yesterday, but we can talk later~!

Setsuna: You idiot, dont think I didnt see the tears in your eyes.A

Tsubaki: Haha~, well, I know I should be a good nobleman and drink Hoshidan tea, but truth be told Ive always preferred Nohrian. Dont tell Oboro I said that~.

Setsuna: Heh

Tsubaki: You know, you never told me what has been bothering you; care to share? I cant help you if I dont know what your problem is~.

Setsuna: Oh, thatI think youve already helped.

Setsuna: When I was young, I was given everything a girl could ask forbut my life was never my own. I love my parents, but they never saw me as an individual...

Setsuna: My life was planned for me: the people I could meet, the things I could do and say, the man I was supposed to marryIt was easier to justdaydream. To pretend I could fly high up in the air without a care in the world

Tsubaki: Hmbut how did I help?

Setsuna: Because like you, I had nothing in common with the people around me. But now Ive found you; you reminded me that Im not only here because of my duties, but because I want to be.

Tsubaki: S-Setsuna, youre making me blush~! Thats high praise indeed~.

Setsuna: Heh

Tsubaki: Alright, Ive decided! We are going to make your daydream come true~!

Tsubaki: Were going to soar through the skies on the back of my pegasus, of course~; if we hurry, we can watch the sun rise~.

Setsuna: Thatthat sounds lovely. Thank you, TsubakiS

Tsubaki: *Pant* *pant* the lovely Setsuna returns~. I dont understand why you keep visiting me this early instead of sleeping like everyone else.

Setsuna: I like the viethe quiet.

Setsuna: It was wonderful, I cant remember the last time Ive been that happy

Tsubaki: Im glad~!

Setsuna: Butthe ride only played a small part in that feeling.

Tsubaki: Y-You really dont mince words, do you~?

Setsuna: I dont see why I should.

Tsubaki: Hahyoure braver than me; as expected of my future wife~!

Setsuna: Then?

Tsubaki: Yes, I love you, Setsuna. If my life from now on will be anything like all the mornings weve spent together, then I know Ill be the happiest man in the world~.

Setsuna: HehI feel the same. Lets go and make some breakfast.Fin

Problems:

I really like this. For a character that always been spouting that he's perfect, I don't think Subaki has ever mentioned anything about his family. Giving two backstories in one support and giving a joke character depth? 9/10 because there's too many tildes for me to handle. Tildes are this symbol ~ Edited by Fanatic&Ecstatic

I thought it was a good attempt. Better than mine which doesn't even exist.

I don't know about Tsubaki's heritage, either. I just assumed he came from a line of perfectionists that always managed to somehow serve the royal family in one way or another.

The problem with S-rank is that they usually feel rushed and/or forced unless it is hinted outside of the supports that the units have a particular connection or some kind of outside interaction. I thought about writing a support, making the A+ rank a proper support and then making S-rank the final rank but it might be too lengthy? Then, the confession would not be an outright "I love you" but it would instead subtly hint that the two characters would like to spend more time with each other and perhaps pursue a relationship but the game would acknowledge them as a married couple, anyways. LOL. After the support line is finished, when you are in My Castle, you can randomly find the two characters together and you can get different snippets of how their relationship is going or how they feel after a certain chapter.

...And I totally went off on a tangent about how I wished the support system really was.

I give you a 10/10 for trying, Friend.

I really like this. For a character that always been spouting that he's perfect, I don't think Subaki has ever mentioned anything about his family. Giving two backstories in one support and giving a joke character depth? 9/10 because there's too many tildes for me to handle. Tildes are this symbol ~

Aw, thanks you guys, that's really sweet of you, if not way too high scores; it's got several issues, and I while I'm not a writer, I shouldn't be shielded from the same criticism I give Fates. But thanks, I really appreciate it!

As for the tildes (that's so confusing because that's (at least) Iberian Spanish for apostrophe), I have hardly read any of Tsubaki's supports after realizing they were rather similar. I should've probably analyzed his speech pattern a bit more before writing!

Well, I don't know why this idea didn't occur to me before, but here it goes. What better way is there to improve Fate's writing than making the writer Shakespeare? Therefore, I give you... Corrin and Azura!

The play opens with two retainers of the Nohrian royal family, PIERI and LASLOW, patrolling the border between the two kingdoms. They are set upon by SAIZO and KAGERO, retainers of the Hoshidan royal family. Eventually, the brawl grows to a near war, with King SUMERAGI of Hoshido and King GARON of Nohr getting involved. Finally, ANANKOS, a diety, informs the nations that they'd better stop fighting, or he'll destroy them both!

Prince LEO of Nohr, who took part in the brawl, then proceeds to meet with his brother CORRIN. Corrin and Leo then meet their mutual friend SILAS, a person from neither nation. They resolve to sneak into a ball held at the Hoshidan royal palace.

In said palace, Princess AZURA of Hoshido is conversing with her mother, Queen MIKOTO. Mikoto informs Azura she is to be married to the Archduke Azama. Azura is neutral about this.

Corrin, Leo, and Silas sneak into the ball, but are noticed by the aggressive Prince TAKUMI of Hoshido. Takumi wants to challenge Corrin, but Sumeragi stops him. Corrin then meets Azura, and the two fall in love. Later that night, they declare their love for each other at a balcony outside of Azura's room. Azura then converses with her maid, FLORA, about what to do.

Corrin meets the RAINBOW SAGE for guidance. The sage suggests that a marriage between the two could end the rivalry between Hoshido and Nohr. Corrin agrees, and he and Azura are married and then have sex.

The next morning, Corrin meets Leo and Silas, but they are stopped by Takumi. Takumi tries to attack Corrin, but Silas stops him instead. Takumi then kills Silas, yelling "Nohrian scum!' as he does it. Enraged, Corrin murders Takumi.

To avoid war, Garon exiles Corrin to Cheve. Before that, though, Corrin spends one last night with Azura.

Sumeragi and Mikoto then try to cheer Azura up by informing her of her coming marriage to Azama. She protests, and Sumeragi strikes her. She then goes to the Rainbow Sage, who suggests she activate Phoenix Mode and kill herself. She does so, ands the Royal Family goes into mourning for her.

Meanwhile in Cheve, Corrin is informed that Azura has died, and rushes to Hoshido to see her; the message that she was in Phoenix Mode did not reach him. Reaching her crypt, he kills himself just as the turn ends and Azura comes back to life.

Seeing Corrin kill himself, Azura does the same. Distraught, Garon and Sumeragi bring about peace between their nations.

Fin

So what do you all think? Should I actually do this, or not?

Well, I don't know why this idea didn't occur to me before, but here it goes. What better way is there to improve Fate's writing than making the writer Shakespeare? Therefore, I give you... Corrin and Azura!

The play opens with two retainers of the Nohrian royal family, PIERI and LASLOW, patrolling the border between the two kingdoms. They are set upon by SAIZO and KAGERO, retainers of the Hoshidan royal family. Eventually, the brawl grows to a near war, with King SUMERAGI of Hoshido and King GARON of Nohr getting involved. Finally, ANANKOS, a deity, informs the nations that they'd better stop fighting, or he'll destroy them both!

Prince LEO of Nohr, who took part in the brawl, then proceeds to meet with his brother CORRIN. Corrin and Leo then meet their mutual friend SILAS, a person from neither nation. They resolve to sneak into a ball held at the Hoshidan royal palace.

In said palace, Princess AZURA of Hoshido is conversing with her mother, Queen MIKOTO. Mikoto informs Azura she is to be married to the Archduke Azama. Azura is neutral about this.

Corrin, Leo, and Silas sneak into the ball, but are noticed by the aggressive Prince TAKUMI of Hoshido. Takumi wants to challenge Corrin, but Sumeragi stops him. Corrin then meets Azura, and the two fall in love. Later that night, they declare their love for each other at a balcony outside of Azura's room. Azura then converses with her maid, FLORA, about what to do.

Corrin meets the RAINBOW SAGE for guidance. The sage suggests that a marriage between the two could end the rivalry between Hoshido and Nohr. Corrin agrees, and he and Azura are married and then have sex.

The next morning, Corrin meets Leo and Silas, but they are stopped by Takumi. Takumi tries to attack Corrin, but Silas stops him instead. Takumi then kills Silas, yelling "Nohrian scum!' as he does it. Enraged, Corrin murders Takumi.

To avoid war, Garon exiles Corrin to Cheve. Before that, though, Corrin spends one last night with Azura.

Sumeragi and Mikoto then try to cheer Azura up by informing her of her coming marriage to Azama. She protests, and Sumeragi strikes her. She then goes to the Rainbow Sage, who suggests she activate Phoenix Mode and kill herself. She does so, ands the Royal Family goes into mourning for her.

Meanwhile in Cheve, Corrin is informed that Azura has died, and rushes to Hoshido to see her; the message that she was in Phoenix Mode did not reach him. Reaching her crypt, he kills himself just as the turn ends and Azura comes back to life.

Seeing Corrin kill himself, Azura does the same. Distraught, Garon and Sumeragi bring about peace between their nations.

Fin

So what do you all think? Should I actually do this, or not?

I don't think that Shakespeare's lawyers can go after you or anything, so I'd say go for it. I've had some sort of similar idea myself (since Romeo and Juliet is so omnipresent), but I never planned on actually writing it anyway. I'd read this, in any case, so you get the Takumi seal of approval. Of course I ship Corrin and Azura so I'm probably biased.

Also, Silas doesn't seem to be from Nohr in this version, so should Takumi be calling him "Nohrian scum"? Unless, of course, it's because Silas associates with Corrin and Leo and Takumi considers him a Nohrian as a result, so I suppose I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

I don't think that Shakespeare's lawyers can go after you or anything, so I'd say go for it. I've had some sort of similar idea myself (since Romeo and Juliet is so omnipresent), but I never planned on actually writing it anyway. I'd read this, in any case, so you get the Takumi seal of approval. Of course I ship Corrin and Azura so I'm probably biased.

Also, Silas doesn't seem to be from Nohr in this version, so should Takumi be calling him "Nohrian scum"? Unless, of course, it's because Silas associates with Corrin and Leo and Takumi considers him a Nohrian as a result, so I suppose I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Eh, Shakespeare is kind of ambiguous on just how close Mercutio is to the Montagues. I was making a joke here, as Tybkumi can't possibly not say this.

Eh, Shakespeare is kind of ambiguous on just how close Mercutio is to the Montagues. I was making a joke here, as Tybkumi can't possibly not say this.

Now that you mention it, does Takumi ever actually say "Nohrian scum!" in-game? I know that Hinoka does, but I'm not sure if Takumi does too, even though he's heavily associated with the line for some reason.

In any case, I've been thinking of making a set of Flora/Xander support conversations so that every child can exist if I pair Corrin and Azura together in any of my fanfics (and because Flora could use some love, darn it). I don't know why I decided to pair those two in particular, but maybe I just think that they'd be cute together or something. I already have an idea for how it should go, so I'll probably get to it later...

Edited by Lightchao42

Question: Would it be bad if I made Katerina (previous queen of Nohr) a concubine?

I'm in the process of planning Nohr's political and societal structure but I decided to first focus on the royal family because I am a procrastinator. My head!canon for concubines is based around their positions and usage in Chinese culture, which is to make sure the emperor has an heir and sexual gratification. Problem is how I'm planning to make Nohr's royal inheritance based on a combination of martial prowess, blood and whoever is the last child standing after the fabled "Concubine Wars." Xander would have no reason to participate in the Wars if he is already next in line for the throne, anyways, but, by making his momma into a concubine, it helps solve part of my problem and would help me in adding another layer to his character.

Also, Garon, why would you let your concubines manipulate your children into killing each other and waited to put a stop to it only until after only four of your children remained? I'm changing that. He encourages the violence among his children as power is key in the society of Nohr. Might be a tradition for the king to have as many children as possible, pit them against each other and let them weed out the weaklings in an attempt to have the strongest heir.

"The weak is the meat the strong eat" are the words that describe Nohr.

Also, currently in the process of planning supports for Jakob, my MU and Silas. Thinking about making Jakob into a Tactician or a sword fighter that can use rapiers because he is an aristocrat and not a butler. Gonna culminate into an Oath in the Peach Garden when they all reach A+ with each other.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Well, I finally published my first chapter. Its over here if you want to read it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11916957/1/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Paths-of-Trial

By the way, I am still considering having Hinoka and Kagero switch places. Do you think this can be done?

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Well, I finally published my first chapter. Its over here if you want to read it.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11916957/1/Fire-Emblem-Fates-Paths-of-Trial

By the way, I am still considering having Hinoka and Kagero switch places. Do you think this can be done?

Seems like an interesting enough expansion to the rooftop training scene, and thankfully no silly 'Inside out collar' joke. I'm looking forward to more, even if they're of the same length.

However, you have several glaring spelling errors in the last paragraph you may want to fix up when you get the chance. (All on the 1st and second line: Reaseon, Dispite, and Tok) (There's another one in Ecstaticly when Elise 1st speaks as well)

I'm not quite sure why you'd want to switch up Hinoka and Kagero. Alot of their characterization seems to revolve around their ties to the characters they interact with, Hinoka with her siblings, and Kagero with her fellow Ninja as well as her service to her lord Ryouma. It's certainly not the strangest thing I've seen in a fanfic idea, but it's one that'd need a bit of expansion on before I could help with theory crafting.

B

A

S

Fin

Problems:

Not bad, but I don't think a sob-story really fits Tsubaki. He's too self-assured to be hiding such a backstory, (and even if he did, I don't think held be so forthcoming about it) in my opinion. Perhaps it would be better fitting if Tsubaki's 'perfection' gimmick were justified in him being in a family that has long served the Hoshidan royalty and thus he holds himself to a high standard. Or maybe someone in his family disgraced themselves and he's working double-time to improve his family's reputation

I liked Setsuna's part. As Sai said before, however, a more gradual slide into romance might be better.

Question: Would it be bad if I made Katerina (previous queen of Nohr) a concubine?

I'm in the process of planning Nohr's political and societal structure but I decided to first focus on the royal family because I am a procrastinator. My head!canon for concubines is based around their positions and usage in Chinese culture, which is to make sure the emperor has an heir and sexual gratification. Problem is how I'm planning to make Nohr's royal inheritance based on a combination of martial prowess, blood and whoever is the last child standing after the fabled "Concubine Wars." Xander would have no reason to participate in the Wars if he is already next in line for the throne, anyways, but, by making his momma into a concubine, it helps solve part of my problem and would help me in adding another layer to his character.

Also, Garon, why would you let your concubines manipulate your children into killing each other and waited to put a stop to it only until after only four of your children remained? I'm changing that. He encourages the violence among his children as power is key in the society of Nohr. Might be a tradition for the king to have as many children as possible, pit them against each other and let them weed out the weaklings in an attempt to have the strongest heir.

"The weak is the meat the strong eat" are the words that describe Nohr.

Also, currently in the process of planning supports for Jakob, my MU and Silas. Thinking about making Jakob into a Tactician or a sword fighter that can use rapiers because he is an aristocrat and not a butler. Gonna culminate into an Oath in the Peach Garden when they all reach A+ with each other.

I don't know a lot about Chinese culture but didn't the emperor have an official wife in addition to concubines? Either way, it might be interesting if Marxander stayed the only child born of both a king and queen to give some tension between him and his siblings. While they all care fore each other, there might be a hint of resentment from Camilla or Leon because they had to fight tooth and nail to get where they are but Marxander was born to his position.

I think there is room for both rank by blood and rank by ability. I didn't get the impression that Nohr was a complete meritocracy.

Edited by NekoKnight

I don't know a lot about Chinese culture but didn't the emperor have an official wife in addition to concubines? Either way, it might be interesting if Marxander stayed the only child born of both a king and queen to give some tension between him and his siblings. While they all care fore each other, there might be a hint of resentment from Camilla or Leon because they had to fight tooth and nail to get where they are but Marxander was born to his position.

I think there is room for both rank by blood and rank by ability. I didn't get the impression that Nohr was a complete meritocracy.

Pretty much this re: Chinese culture. Each Emperor had an Empress, his primary wife, but could also have concubines as well. Male children borne of the primary wife had highest status within the family, but the male children born of concubines were considered legitimate and could take the throne if the primary wife's male children died or she didn't have male children, but the latter would most likely have the primary wife divorced and replaced. The number of wives a man had was also a status symbol, and for an Emperor the number of concubines could range anywhere from a dozen to six thousand. (The wives and concubines of Emperors were also often their families' way of getting into rank and wealth, and so there was a ton of political intrigue in almost every Emperor's court. Especially if the Emperor was a child or incompetent.) Also, the secondary function of concubines wasn't sexual gratification, but to ensure more heirs because of the fairly high infant mortality rate, especially pre-1000s.

tl;dr: I wouldn't recommend changing Katerina's position, no, unless you're going to replace her with a different primary wife.

I should write up my own stuff at some point, even if it probably won't ever leave the drawing board.

It would make really very little sense to have Nohr have concubines. It would be fine if she was a mistress, but there was no Western European nation state in history that had concubines. Quite frankly, it didn't happen. Japan, on the other hand, would often have concubines. Thats why it was a big fucking deal when monarchs like Charles II and Louis XV had mistresses.

It would make really very little sense to have Nohr have concubines. It would be fine if she was a mistress, but there was no Western European nation state in history that had concubines. Quite frankly, it didn't happen. Japan, on the other hand, would often have concubines. Thats why it was a big fucking deal when monarchs like Charles II and Louis XV had mistresses.

Uuuuhhh.....Try reading Leo and Elise's supports.

Also,I don't know everything about medieval history, but I am sure there's no Western European state that had kings descended from dragons.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

Camilla outright says in her A-Support with Niles that Garon had several mistresses, at least three considering that the Nohr siblings all have different mothers as per Leo and Elise's supports. Changing them to concubines isn't much of a stretch. Not to mention that Nohr being inspired by Western European nations doesn't mean it has to be exactly like them.

Not bad, but I don't think a sob-story really fits Tsubaki. He's too self-assured to be hiding such a backstory, (and even if he did, I don't think held be so forthcoming about it) in my opinion. Perhaps it would be better fitting if Tsubaki's 'perfection' gimmick were justified in him being in a family that has long served the Hoshidan royalty and thus he holds himself to a high standard. Or maybe someone in his family disgraced themselves and he's working double-time to improve his family's reputation

I liked Setsuna's part. As Sai said before, however, a more gradual slide into romance might be better.

Yeah you're right, that would've been much better. I did want to give Tsubaki at least something though that would explain just the way it is, but I probably went overboard.

I didn't actually plan on making an S rank at all first since I think the three-conversation-system-and-then-marriage makes almost whatever support hard to portray in a romantic fashion, but then I added the last section just to follow the game's structure. But thanks for the feedback!

I was actually considering writing another support when I have the time. However, this time around, I'd like for it to be the two of the least likely to ever share a conversation, so if anyone's got any suggestions, please tell me; right now I'm thinking of Yukimura and Kinu, although without an S rank.

Camilla outright says in her A-Support with Niles that Garon had several mistresses, at least three considering that the Nohr siblings all have different mothers as per Leo and Elise's supports. Changing them to concubines isn't much of a stretch. Not to mention that Nohr being inspired by Western European nations doesn't mean it has to be exactly like them.

It is absolutely disingenuous to compare mistresses to concubines. For one thing, it was entirely socially acceptable in all cultures where concubines featured prominently to have concubines, so there wouldn't be the mistrust aspect present between the siblings. The reason why Nohr shouldn't have concubines is that Europe was essentially the only continent in history where concubines weren't a thing (I suppose you could count the Vikings and Pagan tribes, but those died out before the Second Millennium). It would be like if Hoshido, based on Japan, did not have Samurai. It just wouldn't work.

It is absolutely disingenuous to compare mistresses to concubines. For one thing, it was entirely socially acceptable in all cultures where concubines featured prominently to have concubines, so there wouldn't be the mistrust aspect present between the siblings. The reason why Nohr shouldn't have concubines is that Europe was essentially the only continent in history where concubines weren't a thing (I suppose you could count the Vikings and Pagan tribes, but those died out before the Second Millennium). It would be like if Hoshido, based on Japan, did not have Samurai. It just wouldn't work.

I don't think that is a good analogy. Japan is famous for samurai. Europe is not exactly famous for not having concubines, nohr is it something commonly associated with medieval europe. And as Azurezen said before, just because Nohr is based on europe doesn't mean its going to be a carbon copy of it.