Choosing the Best Class for Setsuna (Poll 20)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Setsuna?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Setsuna?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Birthright): Which is the most practical class for Setsuna in the Birthright campaign?

• Basara
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • I'm going to bench Setsuna.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Setsuna?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Exorcist
    • Falcon Warrior
    • Golden-Kite Warrior
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Bowman
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Strategist
    • Trueblade
    • War Priestess
    • Weapon Master
    • She's fine with any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Setsuna?

• Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Great Lord
    • Witch
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Pieri
    • Effie
    • Nishiki
    • Jakob
    • Belka
    • Luna
    • Hana
    • Ryoma
    • Nyx
    • Mature Spellcaster. pfft... hahahahahahahahahaha!
    • Old-Fashioned Shinobi. It was rather an average day
    • ....... Sweet!
    • I don't really care.

Setsuna. A Hoshidan bowman; Hinoka’s subordinate. She lived a carefree life of nobility and serves the capital, somewhat. Absent-minded with nerves of steel; she’s a happy person who’s oblivious to sarcasm. Has the most flexible body.
[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]
Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

• If the users Primary Class is different than their Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.
  • If the users Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class.
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class.
    • An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Substitute Class.
    • A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If you're still confused, let me use Setsuna as an example to try and clarify matters!

• Setsuna/Asama: Setsuna's Primary Class is Bowman, and Asama's is Priest. Therefore, Setsuna would Marriage Seal into Priestess.
    • Setsuna/Kaze: Setsuna's Primary Class is Bowman, and Kaze's is Ninja. Therefore, Setsuna would Buddy Seal into Ninja. As Setsuna's Secondary Class is Ninja, he would not receive a new class tree from Kaze.
  • Setsuna/Takumi: Setsuna's Primary Class is Bowman, and Takumi's is Bowman. Therefore, Setsuna would Marriage Seal into Takumi's Secondary Class-- Lance Fighter.
  • Setsuna/Nishiki: As Nishiki's Primary Class is Fox Spirit, an unlearnable class, Setsuna would Marriage Seal into his Secondary Class-- Spellcaster.
  • Setsuna/Bowman!Avatar: Avatar's Primary Class is Nohr Prince, an unlearnable class. Setsuna's Primary Class is Bowman, and Avatar's Secondary Class is Bowman. Therefore, Setsuna would Marriage Seal into his Substitute Class-- Outlaw.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in red are ones Setsuna can only achieve in either the Birthright or the Revelation campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Setsuna can only achieve in the Revelation campaign.

Base Classes (8H, 4N, 12T)

• Bowman
  • Cavalier
  • Fighter
  • Lance Fighter
  • Mercenary
  • Ninja
  • Outlaw
  • Pegasus Warrior
  • Priestess
  • Rod Knight
  • Samurai
  • Spellcaster

Promoted Classes (13H, 6N, 19T)

• Adventurer
  • Basara
  • Berserker
  • Bow Knight
  • Brave Hero
  • Exorcist
  • Falcon Warrior
  • Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Great Knight
  • Holy Bowman
  • Holy Lancer
  • Jonin
  • Maid
  • Paladin
  • Puppeteer
  • Strategist
  • Trueblade
  • War Priestess
  • Weapon Master

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Bowman
Primary Promoted Classes: Golden-Kite Warrior, Holy Bowman
Secondary Base Class: Ninja
Secondary Promoted Classes: Jonin, Puppeteer

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Birthright characters first, the Conquest characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Asama: Priestess -> Exorcist, War Priestess
  • Hinata: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Nishiki: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Ryoma: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Saizou: n/a
  • Subaki: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Takumi: Lance Fighter -> Basara, Holy Lancer
  • Tsukuyomi: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist

• Arthur: Fighter -> Berserker, Brave Hero
  • Zero: Outlaw -> Adventurer, Bow Knight
  • Jakob: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Kaze: n/a
  • Silas: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Birthright characters first, the Conquest characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Hana: Samurai -> Trueblade, Weapon Master
  • Hinoka: Pegasus Warrior -> Falcon Warrior, Golden-Kite Warrior
  • Kagerou: Spellcaster -> Basara, Exorcist
  • Luna: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll, Effie, Nishiki, Jakob and Belka all tied at 2nd (technically 3.5). Therefore, Effie, Nishiki, Jakob and Belka would get 3 votes each.
  • Flora received only two (2) votes, Flannel received one, and Tsukuyomi and Saizou received none. Therefore, Flora, Tsukuyomi and Saizou will be out for 2 polls (returns poll 22) and Flannel will be out for 4 (poll 24).
  • Nyx has been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in her: She will be out for 4 polls (poll 25)
  • Orochi, Kagerou and Grey has been added to the poll
  • Note: If you plan to go through multiple classes, vote for the Final/Endgame class (except for preference, vote for whatcha like).

[spoiler=Possible Skills]
Personal Skill: Absent-minded: When user is healed by a staff, they recover 1.5 times the normal HP
Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Sakura can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Bowman: Skill +2, Prescient Victory
  • Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Fighter: HP +5, Roundhouse
  • Lance Fighter: Defence Seal, Substitute
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Outlaw: Locktouch, Movement +1
  • Pegasus Warrior: Swallow Strike, Eastern Heart
  • Priestess: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Samurai: Flowing Strike Vantage
  • Spellcaster: Magic +2, Fortune

Promoted Classes Skills

• Adventurer: Lucky Seven, Pass
  • Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Berserker: Rally Strength, Axefaire
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • Falcon Warrior: Rally Speed, Mirror Strike
  • Golden-Kite Warrior: Soar, Sun God
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Bowman: Raven Strike, Bowfaire
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Sealm, Lancefaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Maid: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Puppet
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • Trueblade: Astra, Swordfaire
  • War Priestess: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Weapon Master: Strength Seal, Line of Death

Skill +2: After battle, enemys Resistance -6
Prescient Victory: Select the Shove command to push an adjacent ally 1 tile
Soar: Hit rate and Avoid +30 when facing Flying enemies
Sun God: Allies within a 2 tile radius recover 20% HP at the start of the user’s Turn
Raven Strike: When user triggers the battle, Hit rate +40
Bowfaire: When user is equipped with a Bow, damage +5 during battle

Locktouch: User can open doors and chests without requiring keys
Snake Venom: When user triggers the battle, the enemys HP is reduced by 20% after the battle
Lethality: Skill x 0.25% chance of instantly defeating the enemy when dealing 1 or more damage
Kunaifaire: When user is equipped with a Kunai, damage +5 during battle
Puppet Break: Attacks are effective against Puppeteers, Puppets and Golems
Copycat Puppet: Select the Copycat command once per map to create a puppet with the same appearance, stats, inventory and HP as the user
(Anything that happens to the puppet happens to the user and vice versa even death)

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/
[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal

1. Holy Bowman [78.57%]

2. Golden-Kite Warrior [7.14%]

3. Puppeteer [7.14%]

Practical

1. Holy Bowman [75.00%]

2. Golden-Kite Warrior [14.29%]

3. n/a

Preffered

1. Holy Bowman [57.14%]

2. Golden-Kite Warrior [21.43%]

3.5 Jonin [7.14%]

3.5 Puppeteer [7.14%]

DLC

1. Dread Fighter [25.00%]

2. Great Lord [21.43%]

3. Dark Falcon [7.14%]

Optional Poll

1. Belka (6+3 votes) [21.43%]

2. Effie (4+3 votes) [14.29%]

4.5. Pieri (4 votes) [14.29%]

4.5. Ryoma (4 votes) [14.29%]

4.5. Nishiki (1+3 votes) [3.57%]

4.5. Jakob (1+3 votes) [3.57%]

Next poll we will be voting for Belka

Edited by Jayvee94

TIL Setsuna is a noble.

Anyway, she's carried entirely by the strength of her class. Her strength is awful, but she uses the highest might weapon type and has prescient victory. Her Skl is also bad which means bad hit rates, but she gets Raven Strike for player phase.

Holy Bowman isn't just her best class, it's the only class she's good in.

I'd assume Holy Bowman for most of the options, though I love the idea of her being a Golden Kite Warrior. I'll probably end up benching her though, unfortunately. Takumi is just... such a good archer. He's almost the only one you really need.

I think Holy Bowman is her only real option for all choices. Her terrible base Str. growth means she might have to rely too much on skills like Bowfaire and Prescient Victory for damage. Personally I'd rather bench her after she gets married and use Takumi and Mozume in her place, but that's just me.

I don't really have anything to add, so I'm largely here because I wanna see what practical ways there are to use her (probably because I don't like Takumi fsr).

I don't really have anything to add, so I'm largely here because I wanna see what practical ways there are to use her (probably because I don't like Takumi fsr).

Please join the church of Takumi. Oboro makes our religious garbs.

But seriously, using her is just standard training practice. Bowman --> Holy Bowman then the class does the rest of the work.

dnAdMz.jpg

She'll want Luna, because it will be annoying to have her snipe Mag users without Breaking Sky do anything. She will have to marry to Silas to get the skill. Plus, this resolves her bad offensive issues. She should only pair with Silas and no one else. Plus Diamond Strike and Aegis that she can get all in one go. But...Holy Bowman is all she should ever be, period! She can possibly get Luna by mid-game!

Edited by Princess_Elise

She'll want Luna, because it will be annoying to have her snipe Mag users without Breaking Sky do anything. She will have to marry to Silas to get the skill. Plus, this resolves her bad offensive issues. She should only pair with Silas and no one else. Plus Diamond Strike and Aegis that she can get all in one go. But...Holy Bowman is all she should ever be, period! She can possibly get Luna by mid-game!

I mean, yeah, Luna would be fine, but I don't see why Silas is needed for Setsuna when she can Buddy Hana. Astra ought to work just as well as Luna for killing mages and Flowing Strike should dovetail nicely with her high SPD. Hana could also get Setsuna Line of Death; since I would think you'd be trying to keep Setsuna out of enemy attack range anyway (perhaps with the Expert Yumi's 3 range?) that might be a nice boost to her offense too. Luna WOULD work better on something like a General, but even with Luna is Setsuna likely to kill a General? (Genuine question, I don't know if she is or not.)

Setsuna's low STR is absolutely compensated by her access to Prescience and Yumi, which are the highest-might weapon type.

When you take her out of the Bowman class, she loses that compensation, and she's just a weaker, faster version of someone else. I suppose you could go Dread Fighter after getting Prescience, as then she'll have Agressor, Prescience and Axes, but other people would appreciate being Dread Fighters more (specifically people with actual weapon ranks in Axes, Swords and Yumi).

I mean, yeah, Luna would be fine, but I don't see why Silas is needed for Setsuna when she can Buddy Hana. Astra ought to work just as well as Luna for killing mages and Flowing Strike should dovetail nicely with her high SPD. Hana could also get Setsuna Line of Death; since I would think you'd be trying to keep Setsuna out of enemy attack range anyway (perhaps with the Expert Yumi's 3 range?) that might be a nice boost to her offense too. Luna WOULD work better on something like a General, but even with Luna is Setsuna likely to kill a General? (Genuine question, I don't know if she is or not.)

Killing a General without a killer weapon or effective weaponry never happens.

*sigh*

There are 3 drops in Hoshido. Kagerou joins with one, I forgot where the other is, and you can buy 1 from the level 3 shop.

I don't know if Setsuna is a very good choice for one lol.

There are 3 drops in Hoshido. Kagerou joins with one, I forgot where the other is, and you can buy 1 from the level 3 shop.

I don't know if Setsuna is a very good choice for one lol.

Thanks.

I just assumed she might be a good candidate for one since I can't think of anyone else that'd appreciate them.

Thanks.

I just assumed she might be a good candidate for one since I can't think of anyone else that'd appreciate them.

If you want Sakura to not suck as a War Priestess for the first few levels before her reasonable Strength growth kicks in, she might be a candidate. Also if you wanted Asama to do things. Any hybrid that started off as a Magic-only (Basara Orochi, Tsukyomi, Butler Deere), Rinkah, Felicia, any royally Strength-screwed unit... There are a lot of people that want it, but if for some reason Sakura is super buff or you are one of those Mage Deere hipsters, then Setsuna wouldn't be too bad, but she will almost always be outclassed by Bowman Mozume after a few levels. It's like Gregor vs. Donny: No matter what you do, good growths WILL trump higher level and bases, at least in-game. I'm not saying don't use her, in fact you probably should in early game and so she doesn't kill her kid's bases, but don't spend too much time and resources on her unless you really, really like her.

If you want Sakura to not suck as a War Priestess for the first few levels before her reasonable Strength growth kicks in, she might be a candidate. Also if you wanted Asama to do things. Any hybrid that started off as a Magic-only (Basara Orochi, Tsukyomi, Butler Deere), Rinkah, Felicia, any royally Strength-screwed unit... There are a lot of people that want it, but if for some reason Sakura is super buff or you are one of those Mage Deere hipsters, then Setsuna wouldn't be too bad, but she will almost always be outclassed by Bowman Mozume after a few levels. It's like Gregor vs. Donny: No matter what you do, good growths WILL trump higher level and bases, at least in-game. I'm not saying don't use her, in fact you probably should in early game and so she doesn't kill her kid's bases, but don't spend too much time and resources on her unless you really, really like her.

I fail to see the reason why you mentioned Donny - his situation and Mozume's don't even compare.

I fail to see the reason why you mentioned Donny - his situation and Mozume's don't even compare.

The analogy lies in the villager's relationship to a similar unit of the most used reclass of the respective villager. Once you reclass Donny to Merc, there is no way Gregor can ever catch up without grinding. Same with Mozume and Setsuna. When Mozume surpasses Setsuna as a Bowman Setsuna will never catch up. While yes, at the end of the day Setsuna has better caps, for in game purposes there aren't enough awesome level ups or stat boosters in the world to put them back at the same level.

Edited by JothTheConqueror

The analogy lies in the villager's relationship to a similar unit of the most used reclass of the respective villager. Once you reclass Donny to Merc, there is no way Gregor can ever catch up without grinding. Same with Mozume and Setsuna. When Mozume surpasses Setsuna as a Bowman Setsuna will never catch up. While yes, at the end of the day Setsuna has better caps, for in game purposes there aren't enough awesome level ups or stat boosters in the world to put them back at the same level.

Which is flawed, given that their (referring to Donny and Mozume) situations are night and day.

Thanks.

Hinoka, Saizou, Kaze, Hinata, and Tsubaki all make good candidates, if you were wondering.

I understand that their situations are very different, but the comparison remains: Better growths >>>>>>>>>>>>> Better caps ingame.

But you also said that better growths > better bases, which I can't help but take issue with. Also, I'm not sure that Merc Donnel outclasses Gregor by significant enough of a margin, especially when he's stuck with E swords.

Hinoka, Saizou, Kaze, Hinata, and Tsubaki all make good candidates, if you were wondering.

Okay.

I understand that their situations are very different, but the comparison remains: Better growths >>>>>>>>>>>>> Better caps ingame.

But you also said that better growths > better bases, which I can't help but take issue with. Also, I'm not sure that Merc Donnel outclasses Gregor by significant enough of a margin to be notable, especially when he's stuck with E swords.

Okay.

Edited by Levant Colthearts