Character Popularity Poll Results

Minischew

Character popularity poll results are up at http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html!

I'll post the top and last results for males and females, but you can check the rest out for yourself.

Top 5 Males

1. Leo

2. Xander

3. Takumi

4. Jakob

5. Corrin (Male)

Top 5 Females

1. Corrin (Female)

2. Camilla

3. Oboro

4. Elise

5. Azura

Last 6 Males

31. Kisaragi

32. Kanna (Male)

33. Ignis

34. Lutz

35. Fuuga

36. Yukimura

Last 5 Females

31. Anna

32. Yuugiri

33. Sophie

34. Kanna (Female)

35. Orochi

Something that I found odd is that Takumi isn't first place this time around. Is it perhaps because more males may have voted in this poll, as the majority of people who voted in the magazine poll were females? I know Leo's more popular with females, but IIRC, he also placed first in Reddit's poll (and Reddit has a larger male base than a female one).

Also, Oboro's really popular! Wow, I did not expect that! (Consequently, both Kanna's are really unpopular. That's surprising, considering they're the Avatar's children.)

GOGO LEO I'M SO HAPPY YOU'RE FIRST. This speaks really well for future merchandise! I'm so happy. ;;

But Kisaragi's 31st. ORZ.

It's also interesting to note that the Awakening kids did fairly well. Odin placed 8th and Lazward 9th in the males poll, and Luna placed 17th in the females poll. The Awakening parents didn't do as well, but I feel like this poll may encourage IS to bring back some Fates characters in a sequel. (I know a lot of people probably won't be happy with that though, lmao.)

EDIT: Gunther's 12th! I don't know why, but I'm really happy to see that.

Edited by Balcerzak

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow my favorite Hoshido character Kagerou is 27th and my favorite Nohr one Nyx is 28th

Although my other 2 favorite girls Hinoka and Setsuna are 6th and 15th

Favorite kid (Hisame) is 27th on the males list, favorite males apart from that are 6th (Ryoma), 17th (Hinata) and 19th (Harold).

Interesting.

Edited by Jedi

Some of the top 3 was already a forgone conclusion but congratulation on winning Leo and F!MU!!!

Yeah, kinda surprised that Lazward actually made it up to the top ten.Too bad that he will never beat Odin in polls, but I am glad he made it up that far.

(It is a shame that I won't be able to have DLC conversations with Azura or Lazward)

Edited by TanatatKnight

Nice thank you for sharing! Only thing I find strange about this poll is how high the Avatar got, given how much I've been hearing about them. Otherwise I'm not surprised with the results (especially Leon, he dethroned Takumi O.o)

I think it quite different with the Japanese fanbase, especially with Kamui. While on the western fanbase, the reception for Kamui has been mixed to downright disappointed (which is justified in regards to how they handle the story and how other characters view Kamui to near perfection.) For the japanese fanbase, I guess people just embrace Kamui as an avatar and just rolled with it. I haven't heard of opinions but that seems to be the case.

Azura made top 5 and that's all I wanted.

Also, it looks like the shippers were out in force during voting time. Leo and F!Kamui won? Golly gee, I wonder why...

I voted for Leo everyday and I'm not very fond of Kamui/Leo, lmao.

But setting aside my bias, I don't think it was only the shippers. After all, F!Kamui is paired with a lot of other male characters (mostly notably the Top 5), and IIRC, I think Kamui/Takumi is actually the more popular ship. In that case, it would probably make more sense for Takumi to have stayed first, instead of having his throne stolen.

(Also, isn't TakuLeo quite popular as well? I imagine TakuLeo fans aren't very fond of F!Kamui, because y'know, yaoi fangirls tend to not like girls who get in the way. Of course, please don't take this the wrong way; I'm not saying all TakuLeo fangirls are like that. It's just that I've seen quite a lot of yaoi fangirls of the sort.)

Edited by Minischew

I voted for Leo everyday and I'm not very fond of Kamui/Leo, lmao.

But setting aside my bias, I don't think it was only the shippers. After all, F!Kamui is paired with a lot of other male characters (mostly notably the Top 5), and IIRC, I think Kamui/Takumi is actually the more popular ship. In that case, it would probably make more sense for Takumi to have stayed first, instead of having his throne stolen.

(Also, isn't TakuLeo quite popular as well? I imagine TakuLeo fans aren't very fond of F!Kamui, because y'know, yaoi fangirls tend to not like girls who get in the way.)

I know, I'm just having a laugh about how F!Kamui is the top female, and the top 5 males are all the most popular F!Kamui ships.

I'm not too surprised with the high places, but I did't expect many of the characters to rank that lowly. I mean Siegbert, Kisaragi, the Kanna's, Yukimura, Yuugiri and Orochi don't look like characters that are so unlikeable to me.

I am pleasantly surprised with characters like Gunter and Benoit being so high though. Judging from other japanese polls I thought they'd be at the bottom of the list thanks to them being old or not especially pretty.

Edited by Sasori

I think it quite different with the Japanese fanbase, especially with Kamui. While on the western fanbase, the reception for Kamui has been mixed to downright disappointed (which is justified in regards to how they handle the story and how other characters view Kamui to near perfection.) For the japanese fanbase, I guess people just embrace Kamui as an avatar and just rolled with it. I haven't heard of opinions but that seems to be the case.

You're probably right, I'll admit I don't know much on how the Japanese fanbase takes them and am just rolling on what I hear here and there on this forum for the most part (heck wouldn't be able to find polls like this without you guys posting them!) and the fact that I'm shutting my eyes and ears on any sort of story spoilers. I dunno, I guess if I was given a character poll to vote in I wouldn't even vote for either Kamui since it's supposed to be "me". I think other characters are more interesting and deserve the vote way more than "me" but that's just how I roll with polls.

Considering that people were allowed to vote once every day throughout the entire competition, I'm not sure I 100% trust the results anyway.

Foleo being high surprises me.

Why are both Kamuis are so high and both Kannas so low? Also disappointed that Kamui is so high.

Oboro is third, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Lol at Orochi being last.

Eww... these 1st, and 3rd place Male Voting placements.. due to my fav male, and female characters are somewhat bottom place..

Congrats for F!Kamui, and Oboro becuz they lookin' Fancy af.!(I don't really care for Camilla honestly)

Edited by Tide of Waves

Considering that people were allowed to vote once every day throughout the entire competition, I'm not sure I 100% trust the results anyway.

But I personally think that's an indicator of popularity as well? I think popularity is a combination of both the amount of fans and the how vocal the fans are.

So I'll give IS the benefit of doubt and trust that these results are accurate... even if that means if Kisaragi is 31st. ; _ ;

But I personally think that's an indicator of popularity as well? I think popularity is a combination of both the amount of fans and the how vocal the fans are.

No, that is an indicator of whose fans are the most persistent. If there were two characters who would've been at the same level had people only been able to vote once, but character 1 had more persistent fans than character 2, then character 1 will rank higher than character 2. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if what we got is close enough to "actual" popularity, but I wouldn't go with absolutes, just relatives.

No, that is an indicator of whose fans are the most persistent. If there were two characters who would've been at the same level had people only been able to vote once, but character 1 had more persistent fans than character 2, then character 1 will rank higher than character 2. Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if what we got is close enough to "actual" popularity, but I wouldn't go with absolutes, just relatives.

But that's my argument (and belief). Popularity is defined as the state of being liked by many people. How vocal the fans are-- their persistence-- meets the first criteria, and the volume of people meets the second one. If Character 1 and 2 had the same amount of fans, but 1's fans liked them more-- and of course, I know there are different ways of expressing affection for a character, and it's not necessarily by voting on a poll; but many people are aware that this poll will likely determine future DLC, so I think fans that really liked their characters and wanted them to get that DLC would have been more inclined to vote-- than 1 is more popular than 2.

But that's just my opinion. I just realized I sound like I'm trying to enforce it on you, when you have your own opinion of popularity. Sorry. XD

I just wanted to say that it seems unfair to write off the results as being inaccurate simply for that reason.

Edited by Minischew

But that's my argument (and belief). Popularity is defined as the state of being liked by many people. How vocal the fans are-- their persistence-- meets the first criteria, and the volume of people meets the second one. If Character 1 and 2 had the same amount of fans, but 1's fans liked them more-- and of course, I know there are different ways of expressing affection for a character, and it's not necessarily by voting on a poll; but many people are aware that this poll will likely determine future DLC, so I think fans that really liked their characters and wanted them to get that DLC would have been more inclined to vote-- than 1 is more popular than 2.

But that's just my opinion. I just realized I sound like I'm trying to enforce it on you, when you have your own opinion of popularity. Sorry. XD

I just wanted to say that it seems unfair to write off the results as being inaccurate simply for that reason.

I'm not saying the entire poll's results are invalid. For example, I don't think Leon's position relative to someone like Yukimura or even Ryouma is invalid. Something like that is telling. However, I wouldn't call the top five quite so locked in position. Leon, Marx, and Takumi in previous polls were pretty close to each other in position so I'll willing to say those three may be the most popular men in general but not in that order exactly. Not to mention there are people like me who voted exactly once.

Yes, as a matter of fact it DOES sound like you're trying to enforce your opinion on me and put words in my mouth. I really do not appreciate that, and the fact that you basically ranted at me in a paragraph and then followed up your apology with the "last word" shows me that you're not really.

...huh, and I was just thinking recently w hen they'd give us the results to this.

Anyway, I can't say I'm really displeased with the results?

Once again, Leon, Marx, and Takumi are in the top 3 for males. Not that I'm complaining, mind.Especially about Marx.

Good to see Joker pretty high up, too, I guess~

As for females... honestly, I'm kind of surprised to see F!Kamui being Number 1.

Well, good for her. I'm happy for her.

Really.

Honest.Because to be quite honest, I don't really hate her at all.

(I just wonder how the possible DLC will work because of this, though...)

And I guess Japan really does love Oboro quite a bit?

...but I'm glad to see that Charlotte at least made it into the Top 10~

Edited by spiderbrush

Most of this was pretty unsurprising to me, really, but I did notice a few things that stood out:

1) Flora beating out Felicia. Especially considering how Felicia is with you longer and is more aggressively marketed, I guess people really do like the blue-haired maid better.

2) Orochi getting dead last in the females. Didn't realize she was that unpopular, or maybe people are just more apathetic towards her.

My favorite Hoshido Boy got 3rd place.

My favorite Nohr Girl got 2nd Place.

My favorite Nohr Boy is the most popular child character for his gender.

My favorite Hoshido Girl is dead last.

I distincly said no whammies, please.