Character Popularity Poll Results

Minischew

You're expecting Scrambles mkII though, and, in that case, even if the royals don't get new special illustrations, they'd still get new conversations. It just seems odd if IS made the Royal specific DLC with those illustrations, made a 2nd royals DLC without illustrations and then are still going to make a general one that will mostly feature them anyway.

If they split the characters by gender, rather than kingdom, it works out better in the end.

1-Joker (4)

2-Zero (7)

3-Odin (8)

(4-Lawzard) (9)

1-Oboro (3)

2-Aqua (5)

3-Flora (8)

(4-Charlotte) (9)

They don't leave the top 10, but avoid another Royals focused DLC.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the reason why Orochi is not liked is that she is pushy and teases people even if they dislike it... what about Mr. Sadistic Night Zero? .-.

There must be more to her unpopularity. I say being a crappy unit does it, then being a mature woman puts the nail in her coffin.

If the reason why Orochi is not liked is that she is pushy and teases people even if they dislike it... what about Mr. Sadistic Night Zero? .-.

There must be more to her unpopularity. I say being a crappy unit does it, then being a mature woman puts the nail in her coffin.

Probably because his supports make it clear he does it as a way to ease his own heart and the pain he feels about his past. Basically his supports show why he does it and in some like Male Kamuis even makes it so he doesn't want to do it to them anymore because seeing that person in pain doesn't bring him pleasure in the end.

Well, now I am sure that I do not resonate well with the Japanese FE fanbase. Like wth, why is Kamui ranked so high? I would like to see the motivations for these rankings already. Leon, Takumi and Oboro I can understand, with even SF praising them. I have a hard time seeing Marx and Camilla ranked so high for other reasons other than husbando/waifu.

Well, now I am sure that I do not resonate well with the Japanese FE fanbase. Like wth, why is Kamui ranked so high? I would like to see the motivations for these rankings already. Leon, Takumi and Oboro I can understand, with even SF praising them. I have a hard time seeing Marx and Camilla ranked so high for other reasons other than husbando/waifu.

(Theories incoming)

I'm certain Kamui would be rated highly in the West as well; it's an extension of the player, and through that, you're scoring with hot anime studs and save the world. It might sound odd, but some people more or less vote for themselves by voting for Kamui.

As for Xander and Camilla, they're ranked highly not only because of sex appeal, but also because everyone uses them; due to the limited amount of characters you can have on each map in this game, and with the focus being on so many "main" characters like Azura and all the royal siblings, people will vote for the ones the game encourages them to have in their party. I think the majority of people playing the game will have the royals as a core and then throw in whatever units they feel like to fill the remaining slots; it's not like everyone voted for the royals because they're amazingly written characters - Hinoka, for instance, is a complete afterthought in all three routes and has dreadful supports.

It should be noted though that Xander has several good supports. Camilla, on the other hand, is just a (virtual) piece of meat and has the personality of it as well, having no impact on the main story and has horrible supports.

In short, tits > writing.

Probably because his supports make it clear he does it as a way to ease his own heart and the pain he feels about his past. Basically his supports show why he does it and in some like Male Kamuis even makes it so he doesn't want to do it to them anymore because seeing that person in pain doesn't bring him pleasure in the end.

Not to mention Zero is a foil to Oboro. Both serve the youngest prince and are known to have cold yet not evil personalities that take pleasure in cruel actions towards their rivals or enemies. Zero takes pleasure in watching people suffer and torturing them, whereas Oboro does the same in fighting her Nohrian enemies with all her heart. They are both orphans and have undying loyalty for their lords. Then there is the fact that Zero doesn't want his daughter Eponine to go through what he did showing that he does have some good in him. He just has good development as a character and it's no wonder both Zero and Oboro are the highest exclusive path characters with what they have displayed.

(Theories incoming)

I'm certain Kamui would be rated highly in the West as well; it's an extension of the player, and through that, you're scoring with hot anime studs and save the world. It might sound odd, but some people more or less vote for themselves by voting for Kamui.

As for Xander and Camilla, they're ranked highly not only because of sex appeal, but also because everyone uses them; due to the limited amount of characters you can have on each map in this game, and with the focus being on so many "main" characters like Azura and all the royal siblings, people will vote for the ones the game encourages them to have in their party. I think the majority of people playing the game will have the royals as a core and then throw in whatever units they feel like to fill the remaining slots; it's not like everyone voted for the royals because they're amazingly written characters - Hinoka, for instance, is a complete afterthought in all three routes and has dreadful supports.

It should be noted though that Xander has several good supports. Camilla, on the other hand, is just a (virtual) piece of meat and has the personality of it as well, having no impact on the main story and has horrible supports.

In short, tits > writing.

In regards to Camilla I must argue that she does have some good supports with her siblings (though strange she doesn't have one with Azura), her subordinates Luna and Belka along with even Zero (just because we learn that she is the one who has suffered the most out of all the Nohr siblings which would explain why she isn't completely right in the head in some instances similarly to characters like Henry and Tharja). I know people laughed about this quote "Like a Holy Mother, loved her at first glance" I think it was just trying to refer to how she is like the motherly figure out of everyone as she is the one who is approached to about some of the other siblings problems. So while yeah less Kamui mentioning would have been appreciated in a lot of her supports I still like her for her character.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

Speaking of "X is so popular maybe it'll inspire IS to make more characters similar to X", I really hope they don't make lotsa new characters like Camilla and Charlotte. I love and trust Charlotte, and I'm certainly rooting for her, but oversexualized women, to the point where their armor is incredibly impractical, is just so....blegh. And I get it, anime logic, all that matters is appearances and not actual practicality, but....blegh.

However, on the same point, I hope Zero's popularity will convince them to add more LGBT+ characters in the next game. I feel like they'd do it regardless, but yeah.

The Royals already had two DLC just for themselves, one of them with those Scramble-like illustrations. I think IS already knew that they'd mostly win a popularity poll like this, otherwise that would make no sense. If they're just going to make a Scramble 2.0 rather than something original, the scenes with illustrations should focus on non-Royal characters.

So, assuming there is a 2nd "scramble" and FemKamui won't get a spot, then it'd be Oboro and Azura for females, and Joker and Zero for males. Man this feels underwhelming somehow.

Speaking of "X is so popular maybe it'll inspire IS to make more characters similar to X", I really hope they don't make lotsa new characters like Camilla and Charlotte. I love and trust Charlotte, and I'm certainly rooting for her, but oversexualized women, to the point where their armor is incredibly impractical, is just so....blegh. And I get it, anime logic, all that matters is appearances and not actual practicality, but....blegh.

However, on the same point, I hope Zero's popularity will convince them to add more LGBT+ characters in the next game. I feel like they'd do it regardless, but yeah.

There's going to be a Camilla clone in FE15. The stupid, impractical outfits in Fates are going to be in FE15, it's inevitable. I don't mind Camilla getting popular because really, it doesn't change anything, even if she doesn't deserve it at all.

It's a shame that Camilla had to be a fan service character, because she had potential. Her supports with Leon, for example, are really good. When they said she'd be motherly, I was hoping for someone like Palla or Juno, but instead she ended up being a yandere with a really creepy incestous attraction towards the self-insert. As it stands, i'm a hundred percent sure that Camilla wouldn't have gotten #2 if she had Hinoka's body.

Silly how Takumi fangirls want to bully him, but when Orochi playfully teases him she gets last place :V

Hey, not all of us want to bully Takumi.

And to be fair I did like Orochi's supports with Kagerou, not all of them were bad. But I think Orochi has a tendency to laugh at other people at their expense, and I don't like people like that IRL. Why should I like a character with traits I don't like in IRL?

There's going to be a Camilla clone in FE15. The stupid, impractical outfits in Fates are going to be in FE15, it's inevitable. I don't mind Camilla getting popular because really, it doesn't change anything, even if she doesn't deserve it at all.

How far can the anime armors go before they just give up and make a high school dating sim?

Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei doesn't count.

It's a shame that Camilla had to be a fan service character, because she had potential. Her supports with Leon, for example, are really good. When they said she'd be motherly, I was hoping for someone like Palla or Juno, but instead she ended up being a yandere with a really creepy incestous attraction towards the self-insert. As it stands, i'm a hundred percent sure that Camilla wouldn't have gotten #2 if she had Hinoka's body.

Yeahhh, I know its all inevitable, but I'd like to pretend for once. I mean, I already told myself there'd be no way there'd be kids in Fates, but ohhh man, there's kids in Fates. I think I already know the taste of disappointment and betrayal..

Huh...interesting results.

I don't really care for Corrin's placement since that was pretty much a fore-gone conclusion, and I doubt anything will be done, like with Robin.

I don't mind Orochi being at the bottom. Honestly, I always found her design to be kind of meh. This is likely petty of me, but she doesn't have a good design.

Flora being ahead of Felicia is intriguing.

I like how Belka did well...though Effie being middle of the pack is disappointing (she's currently my choice for my first marriage option when I get the game in February).

Eponine being up there is also troubling. Unfortunately, there's been a large increase in people who love yaoi crap in Japan.

However, I found Azura's placement to be the most surprising. I've seen enough popularity polls in Japan where being a main character is generally all you did. Outside of Female Corrin, Azura is the closest this game has to a main heroine, yet she couldn't break the Top 3.

As for the kids....let this show Intelligent Systems that if you want to put kids in, you need better reasons for them to exist.

In regards to Camilla I must argue that she does have some good supports with her siblings (though strange she doesn't have one with Azura), her subordinates Luna and Belka along with even Zero (just because we learn that she is the one who has suffered the most out of all the Nohr siblings which would explain why she isn't completely right in the head in some instances similarly to characters like Henry and Tharja). I know people laughed about this quote "Like a Holy Mother, loved her at first glance" I think it was just trying to refer to how she is like the motherly figure out of everyone as she is the one who is approached to about some of the other siblings problems. So while yeah less Kamui mentioning would have been appreciated in a lot of her supports I still like her for her character.

We'll have to agree to disagree, then, because I find pretty much all of her supports insufferable or utterly forgettable, with maybe the exception of hers with Leo, and that's just because the focus is on him and not her.

However, if there's one thing she's not, it's a motherly character. That kind of character is not mentally screwed up while prancing around in stripperiffic gear,trying to score with the main character despite being told no and ignoring the unfortunate implications their relationship would have. When I think about motherly characters, I think of Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender, who is pretty much everything Camilla is not.

Edited by Thane

Hey, not all of us want to bully Takumi.

And to be fair I did like Orochi's supports with Kagerou, not all of them were bad. But I think Orochi has a tendency to laugh at other people at their expense, and I don't like people like that IRL. Why should I like a character with traits I don't like in IRL?

Hmm so it seems this commonly happens on 4chan. I suppose I'm not a true Takumi fan if I don't go to 4chan and have the desire to bully him. -u-

Edited by Hatsuoki

Sigh why are the Kamuis so high up in the results? Anyway I'm glad that Oboro, Takumi, Leo, Elise, and Marx/Xander made it to the top 5. I wish Kagerou and Orochi were ranked higher and I'm not surprised to see most of the child characters further down the list. I can understand why some people don't not like Orochi that much, but why is Kagerou close to the bottom? It's nice seeing that Zero (I like him even though I have few issues with him), Sakura, and Hinoka are not that far down the list.

Edited by Frelia

Wow, I'm surprised Hinoka and Sakura aren't higher. Thankfully I believe the whole 'Hinoka is waifu for laifu' thing has passed. Sakura used to be quite popular, apparently not as much now. It seems as if Nohrian characters are gradually progressing higher through the ranks, Camilla used to be the only Nohrian character that was some what high from what I remember. I'm glad to see people are finally showing some love to Nohr, yet at the same time not criticizing Hoshido!~

However, if there's one thing she's not, it's a motherly character. That kind of character is not mentally screwed up while prancing around in stripperiffic gear,trying to score with the main character despite being told no and ignoring the unfortunate implications their relationship would have. When I think about motherly characters, I think of Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender, who is pretty much everything Camilla is not.

This. I for one sure as hell don't want my mother to be like Camilla. Bottom line, as someone have already said, if Camilla had Hinoka's body and outfit, there's no way she would've gotten second place.

It seems as if Nohrian characters are gradually progressing higher through the ranks, Camilla used to be the only Nohrian character that was some what high from what I remember. I'm glad to see people are finally showing some love to Nohr, yet at the same time not criticizing Hoshido!~

Hmmm, I've always felt like Nohr and its characters got more love from the very beginning and it has stayed that way (especially looking at the results of the three polls).

Edited by Tsuky

I'm actually quite surprised Aqua ranked so high (better than the last poll iirc). Yes yes, she's a main character and eternally devoted to the self-insert but she doesn't have the overwhelming sex appeal of Camilla and she only sporadically shows up in the first two routes to be an exposition-bot. Then again, Sir-not-appearing-in-this-story Hinoka ranked right behind her so maybe game utility > writing.