You know what the best feature is?

BlueLeafeon

The best feature in Awakening is characters commenting on their level ups. Whenever they do poorly, you do not suffer alone.

I mean, I cannot tell you the number of times I wanted to rage at bad level ups in other games, but since Awakening has characters saying things (and possibly apologizing) for their bad level ups, I don't get as upset, lol.

Disclaimer: When I say "best" I mean that loosely.

Edited by BlueLeafeon

• 4 weeks later...

"Bah! A turd would turn more heads than this!"

- Gangrel upon getting a bad level up

I honestly never had Gangrel get a bad level up....until the other day...

36f4170ddeeccea26e41979ad8526908.png

I was laughing so hard...

Cherche's "Oh shame on me" is also a favorite.

I've always found the characters comments in general pretty funny.

"Robin, are we stripped of funds?"

6VcUWRb.jpg

Yes. Yes we are.

I've always found the characters comments in general pretty funny.

I don't like how some of the characters guilt trip you for selling an item they just obtained 2 minutes ago, though.

Although Tharja's sell line can be a brick joke if you bought her something first.

Forging items can be funny too. "Sure, you can use an anvil, but can you use an oven?" -Gaius.

But my favorite quotes are the ones on level up. Having the character apologize to me or otherwise express displeasure at their awful level up slightly lessens the frustration I feel when it happens. lol

• 3 months later...

It's a neat little feature. I like additional flavour text to bring out more from the characters. I quite liked the shop quotes too and I got a kick of satisfaction from those critical quotes. Makes that moment ever more sweeter when you really need it to get out of a tight situation.