The Making of Fire Emblem - Fates Information

Mox

Hey Guys,

With the recent release of "The Making of Fire Emblem" book I thought that it might be a good idea to make a forum post related to sharing information about Fates provided in the book.

Is there any concept art, official art, interesting facts like age or height, etc?

Please feel free to share any thoughts, pictures or interesting facts here. I'm sure that those of us without the book will be excited to see and hear about the content.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those are sample pages, then won't the censors for age and height be removed for the actual books?

I'm just wondering, since I don't see the point of including the information and then censoring it. Why not leave it out entirely instead?

The "sample" text is the only censor you need.

Plus in my article, I outlined a previous example where the devs refrained from posting the information.

The way I see it, the devs are letting us look at the fact sheet, but without the age and heights. Presumably there are other interesting details in the fact sheet beyond the censored things, like perhaps Jakob's life history.

I've found two possible people who may have seen the book.

Here's one.

WARNING: I would wait for the scans or people to check the book before treating the below as fact.

Unless I read wrong, Fire Emblem 64 was planned to be "Maiden of Darkness". So the people who guessed FE6 was born from the ashes of FE64 might be correct...

Even stranger, Roy was originally known as Ike.

...and something a few of us probably guessed.

[spoiler=Why Fire Emblem if got a CERO C rating]It was because of Camilla's cutscene. Nothing else was to blame.

According to the second person, it's suggested that IS followed Kibayashi's draft for Fire Emblem if for the most part.

[spoiler=Even weird stuff like]Slime Garon was Kibayashi's idea.

But I'll wait until I see it : P

Edited by VincentASM

I've never seen anything by Kibayashi. Is he even a praiseworthy writer?

He seems more like a "meh" writer; some of his stuff is better than others. The selling point was that he's been at it for quite some time.

EDIT: Also, how many first drafts of stories have been that good? Kibiyashi was busy with other projects at the time; I think it's more likely than not that he just a scribbled a crapton of stuff down for each route that could've used fine-tuning.

Edited by The DanMan

He seems more like a "meh" writer; some of his stuff is better than others. The selling point was that he's been at it for quite some time.

EDIT: Also, how many first drafts of stories have been that good? Kibiyashi was busy with other projects at the time; I think it's more likely than not that he just a scribbled a crapton of stuff down for each route that could've used fine-tuning.

One of the reasns that "star wars" is so good is that it had extensive editing. Read through some of the drafts here Note how they get gradually better: http://starwarz.com/starkiller/category/star-wars-scripts/star-wars-star-wars-scripts/

This is true of pretty much anything ever. Check the "acknowledgements" page of any decent book, and you will find a thank you to whoever edited or preread the book. A very few authers can get away without doing this, but they are exceptions, not the rule.

Edited by sirmola

Now that makes me want the book even more.

I like the Kaga = Voldemort analogy. The game designer who must not be named.

Are you guys talking about the artbook that's included in the SE or can I let myself hope for a better one to be released sometime in the future?

It's a different book.

​

Edited by nocturnal YL

Wow. If that's true, they need to not use Kibayashi anymore for stories.

...Huh. I think we all gave Kibiyashi a bit too much credit...

I'm really hoping the second part is not true.

Now now, people, we don't actually know if it made sense in his draft or not. Still, this is some very interesting information, and if they did follow the draft as closely as they say, then he needs to stay as far away from video game as possible for a long, long time. Still, I'll direct my righteous fury over this game's narrative at the guilty party only when I know for certain who managed to butcher it completely.

Edited by Thane

TBH, I'm way more excited for FE64 info over getting mad at Fate's story. For the moment, anyway.

When it comes to behind the scenes of video games, there's not a single thing I want to know more than who messed up Fire Emblem Fates and what exactly happened. Like, they boasted about the story in an Iwata Asks; were they delusional or did they actually have a good story at some point?

Just gonna drop some more unconfirmed tidbits from the previous sources.

Apparently in an earlier version of skin-shipping, you could rub the character's lower part and the rubbing icon was a hand, not a pen. Nintendo's reaction was "nope". That probably also explains why you can still pan the camera down, but you can't do anything there.

[spoiler=Hoshido late-game spoiler]Kaze's death was originally unavoidable, but IS decided to add the option to let him survive.

[spoiler='Minor 3rd route spoilers]I haven't played the 3rd route yet, but I think the Invisible Kingdom was based off India. Supposedly you can see some influence in Azura's design.