The Making of Fire Emblem - Fates Information

Mox

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random musings in 3, 2, 1... .

Red-haired Takumi gives me Cordelia vibes.

Already saw the Felicia art; she started out as basically Sumia as a maid, complete with the same face.

So, the difference between the gendered Golden Kite Warrior outfit is that guys have pants and girls don't? *Sigh*

The generic F!Revenant Knight design looks pretty cool and (outside of the elbow claws) not impractical. The same can not be said...

...For the female knight and cavalier lines. Just... just... why?

Wahh the art is just so pretty... Thank you.

Woooowwww. What is that?! Was that the original design for the castle or...?

Some words are cut off, but the rest say something like this. In the initial stages, it was meant to have an even worse and darker image, as if the country was being run by vampires. You can still see some impressions from that in the current name and design.

Some words are cut off, but the rest say something like this. In the initial stages, it was meant to have an even worse and darker image, as if the country was being run by vampires. You can still see some impressions from that in the current name and design.

Oh wow. That's really interesting~ We can definitely still see some vampiric themes that made it into the final cut such as the designs of some of the characters (*coughs* Iago *coughs*) and scenery such as the castle and throne.

Thanks for translating that. :) This has given me a few ideas for my fic, actually. XD

Female Knight/Great Knight/General: http://i.imgur.com/SfZVLbV.jpg

I just cannot comprehend what exactly is the point of the ass window? Putting aside how impractical it is, it doesn't even look remotely sexy.

Also Leon seems to have had a Camilla-style crotch curtain in his original design... think they gave him pants after, didn't they? Found that amusing.

I really can't wait for a new costume designer to take over... Some of these are really cool and then you have some that are complete fails.

Also Leon seems to have had a Camilla-style crotch curtain in his original design... think they gave him pants after, didn't they? Found that amusing.

Actually, if you look closely his under-shirt is the same almost-skin tone; it appears that the difference between that design and the final one is that the clothes underneath his armor were recolored from skin-like tan to black.

Yeah, sorry for cutting off some of the words. The part that was cut off says that sunlight doesn't reach the region, leading to a shortage of food and constant conflict. After that is the bit about vampires :)

I just cannot comprehend what exactly is the point of the ass window? Putting aside how impractical it is, it doesn't even look remotely sexy.

I really can't wait for a new costume designer to take over... Some of these are really cool and then you have some that are complete fails.

Agree 100%, some of the designs are so ridiculous looking.

And as a side note that I thought was kind of funny, next to Leon's picture it says that food like tomatoes can't be grown in Nohr (his title in game is that he loves tomatoes the most), so they are secretly imported from Hoshido.

A lot of the books are interviews and such, so there isn't actually too much to scan for those interested on the design side of things. That may make it a bit easier for people wanting to scan things. : ) However the thick spine does make it hard to get anything clear closer to the inside of the page without totally tearing the page out. xD

Doesn't look like this was posted here yet: http://serenesforest.net/2015/12/09/the-making-of-fire-emblem-64/

Apparently The Making of Fire Emblem states that Fuuin No Tsurugi does carry over some concepts from the elusive Fire Emblem 64, the key word being some. Aside from Roy aka. "Ike", a couple of names like Idoun and the character Karel did make the transfer over from the Nintendo 64 to the GameBoy Advance, but a large portion of Fuuin No Tsurugi had to start over from scratch. This isn't too surprising since Fire Emblem tends to recycle unused elements from older games all the time, be they ideas (i.e. Kaga wanted to show Camus' leadership but couldn't due to technological limits on the Famicom eventually leading to the Leadership mechanic in Seisen No Keifu) or character names (i.e. Ike being used in Path of Radiance). The post also includes pictures of several characters such as "Ike" and Idoun, both of whom look noticeably different from the final version.

A lot of the books are interviews and such, so there isn't actually too much to scan for those interested on the design side of things. That may make it a bit easier for people wanting to scan things. : ) However the thick spine does make it hard to get anything clear closer to the inside of the page without totally tearing the page out. xD

oh boy...i'm hoping i can just resort to spine bending :"D

Doesn't look like this was posted here yet: http://serenesforest.net/2015/12/09/the-making-of-fire-emblem-64/

Apparently The Making of Fire Emblem states that Fuuin No Tsurugi does carry over some concepts from the elusive Fire Emblem 64, the key word being some. Aside from Roy aka. "Ike", a couple of names like Idoun and the character Karel did make the transfer over from the Nintendo 64 to the GameBoy Advance, but a large portion of Fuuin No Tsurugi had to start over from scratch. This isn't too surprising since Fire Emblem tends to recycle unused elements from older games all the time, be they ideas (i.e. Kaga wanted to show Camus' leadership but couldn't due to technological limits on the Famicom eventually leading to the Leadership mechanic in Seisen No Keifu) or character names (i.e. Ike being used in Path of Radiance). The post also includes pictures of several characters such as "Ike" and Idoun, both of whom look noticeably different from the final version.

That was brought up in the thread for this book in the "General FE" section.

I agree with you. The boob windows, butt windows and lack of pants with the women in the mounted classes and Knight and General are completely unnecessary. Along with that they are impractical, and uncomfortable. I hope we don't see class designs like that for the women in the next game because it's terrible.

As a side note I want to thank all of the translators for their work. It's really appreciated.

There's some, if I'm thinking about the right thing? Like drawings of the characters' clothes or previous designs? I have no idea if these have been seen in previous books though.

Marth-Lucina, Robin, a few pages on assorted characters (mostly 1-2 headshots of a few people), little Emm+siblings, tiny one on manaketes, and Freddy, Chrom, Tharja, Lissa, Emm. Pretty sure I've seen some of those before, so don't know if the rest is new or I've just never seen it. (I'm not a very up-to-date person)

• 2 weeks later...

There's some, if I'm thinking about the right thing? Like drawings of the characters' clothes or previous designs? I have no idea if these have been seen in previous books though.

Marth-Lucina, Robin, a few pages on assorted characters (mostly 1-2 headshots of a few people), little Emm+siblings, tiny one on manaketes, and Freddy, Chrom, Tharja, Lissa, Emm. Pretty sure I've seen some of those before, so don't know if the rest is new or I've just never seen it. (I'm not a very up-to-date person)

I'm pretty sure they were on previous books, we've had little Emm for a while.

As mentioned before by others, this book is not really an official artwork book, but more of an information and development book. I have posted most of the FEF official artwork on feifscans.tumblr.com if you want to go check it out, other have scanned some things as well.

I think everyone is just waiting for Kantopia to get to the fates part in their own time, i know others like jokerthebutler.tumblr.com have translated a couple of things. And some people on reddit are slowly translating it too.

As for ages, I think they were censored out on the information pages of some characters in the books, need to double check that tho.