TheMoniker plays Plague Inc. Evolved

TheMoniker

Domination did not dominate. At all. It ate a cure. That is the opposite of domination.

The most embarrassing part of playing an online game and naming yourself something really cool is when you turn out to be bad at the game and then you fail.

Okay, I've decided: The name for our Bio-Weapon will be Hugepox. Like smallpox, but huge. Also, I'll show Nano-Virus before my second attempt at going online.

Plague Inc. Episode 8: Nano-Virus: The Bananovirus strikes

cHqa3B6.png

I like the Nano-Virus design. It looks really cool.

VbIsaFW.png

We STILL have no genes for that middle category. We'll get some eventually! ...Probably!

nJhIQ7e.png

(I removed the typo afterwards)

Let's all imagine that this virus originated in bananas.

eE3IKaH.png

And was initially intended to be a simple disease to help control China's population, released by the communist overlords.

SHUSQsM.png

Alright! Wait, what does it mean by kill code?

jzb1kUK.png

Already? But we just started!

5bYO7m6.png

China is already working 100% on the cure?

Ms64Uoi.png

The USA too!?

JhHOlO7.png

So, that's the disadvantage of being a Nano-Virus: Every single country has maxed out cure work, straight from the start. Our normal strategy, lay dormant and strike when the humans least expect it, WILL NOT WORK. The cure is a constantly ticking time limit, and the only way to stop it is to DESTROY.

kxJRfbF.png

But first, we need to use the special abilities to help stop it. This basically acts as a SUPER genetic hardening.

zSqRcdA.png

This helps too. Somehow, the Nano-Virus is 100% capable of hacking the cure broadcast, despite not having sentience.

Or... is someone controlling it?

Wait, the someone is us.

EMkENpW.png

h1yvxjI.png

Another advantage to being a Nano-Virus is that lots of things are discounted, and by "lots of things" I mean the symptoms related to the brain. Insomnia and Paranoia are both free.

khrhqIk.png

Since we have Sympto-Stasis, let's get all the other basic symptoms while we're at it! Aggressiveness!

DPAwUMW.png

Yes, I can see that! But wait, why would doctors run the radios?

WXnGjc0.png

Super abilities are no, it's still going fast, and we only have 39 people infected! We need to keep slowing it down!

aLSmCga.png

9261eos.png

The regular Hardenings and Reshuffle have also been discounted a lot, which is really nice. The game isn't just saying "the cure is going super fast, deal with it" it's giving us the tools we need to fight it!

6wEFsxc.png

Patience is still required with the Nano-Virus, despite the clock we're working under.

L99Lr51.png

We can't forget our crucial transmissions!

6xeDC9I.png

We've spread a bit, but the cure is almost complete! How to stop it?

48yrm41.png

Get the other tree of exclusive abilities!

DwPnmzk.png

These act as super genetic reshuffles, taking the cure back to below 50%.

vsOrHaj.png

It originated and bananas, and soon, humans will become bananas... wait, no. My puns are off today.

P2OkTP0.png

We've got enough symptoms by now to be deemed "worrying" and identified by a diagnostics team instead of a doctor, even though we aren't lethal. Seems odd, since normally we can make people crap out their organs we're still "minor" when discovered. In fact, if the world was broadcasting the cure, wouldn't they have known about us already?

Really, a lot about the nanovirus doesn't make sense, but it's my personal favorite regular disease, so it's forgiveable.

3REGszr.png

The world might be working on the cure, but we still have to worry about them closing the borders. We need to spread to as many countries as possible while we still can.

R7Yot22.png

No comment.

GB1ebhJ.png

MsJ2QX6.png

Case in point. If we don't spread fast, all the borders will close and we'll be trapped. Remember, we're still on a super-high difficulty!

miYq0Gc.png

New Zealand! Madagascar! Iceland! Yes, a lot of countries that normally give us problems were just claimed!

qoJWIRw.png

What are you gonna do, world? Work harder on the cure?

QVA81wt.png

With all our cure resistance, work is happening slowly and lots of countries are being infected! We can do this!

We8CWlv.png

This is the second level, disabling even more cure work than the first!

kM5H8gx.png

I think now is the right time for this. One of the reasons the Nano-Virus is interesting is because it basically has active abilities, this being one of them.

VsT7ePL.png

Spread! Spread to everyone! Take over the entire world!

MgrC2BC.png

NONE SHALL SURVIVE!

2Qf9ZKG.png

With all the DNA from those red bubbles, now we get Drug Resistance 2, which segues straight into us getting...

Kt7wgMF.png

Drug Immunity! Our disease no longer differentiates between "rich" and "poor" countries. Everyone gets hit equally.

9yfdu9z.png

Again, what are you gonna do-work on the cure?

4bxacPp.png

Oh, I guess you really WILL do that. This is a random event that adds a bit to cure progress. Nothing major, thankfully.

8XX0T5s.png

Why Iceland? What makes THEM so special?

rtC3dyc.png

All island countries are infected, and the land ones always come on their own. We're good to get lethal!

m31ohwi.png

Insanity!

V6iWLsi.png

Paralysis!

z6YVG0k.png

Coma!

Notice they're all incredibly cheap. Again, benefits of being a Nanovirus.

QEbqccU.png

We're not quite ready for Total Organ Failure, but soon...

0629Zlz.png

Aww. I guess it couldn't last.

pTZqshI.png

DEFINITELY the beginning of something terrible.

SqNhRbW.png

wQ8RNiS.png

Right away, our disease starts destroying a lot of countries. Once you start becoming lethal, the cure is no longer a threat-you have so many things resisting it that the world can barely get work done, despite its best efforts.

ZxBOl9q.png

Environmental Hardening! I don't think we've gotten this before, but it's the ultimate version of Cold and Heat resistance. We can infect any countries we want, however we want, regardless of temperature!

QOWlLTH.png

Is this really appropriate right now?

OjPcqUM.png

7kC4CnQ.png

We win!

MBCJWxE.png

Honestly, for such a lategame disease, it's actually really easy.

mUHzG8n.png

Still, it's really fun. I'm sure you're all getting tired of these regular diseases. Don't worry, we're almost through!

OpJsFuQ.png

Stupid, stupid bananas. Who could have predicted they would have done this?

2awUtcO.png

rDhG2Oc.png

Total success, and in record time too!

NEXT TIME: Dominator V2 returns to the internet! Will it win this time?

Now, we have names for all but the last disease: The Simian Flu, which is basically going to be the backstory for Dawn of the Apes in Plague Inc. form.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But bananas are delicious...

Anyways, good luck with the Simian Flu. Makes me wonder if you're going to use your typical strategy of hunker down before going ape.

Names... I dunno. Plagorilla? As in "plague" + "gorilla"?

But bananas are delicious...

Anyways, good luck with the Simian Flu. Makes me wonder if you're going to use your typical strategy of hunker down before going ape.

Names... I dunno. Plagorilla? As in "plague" + "gorilla"?

Hunker down before going ape isn't the correct strategy to take, usually. The best strategy for me was to go ape ASAP. But we'll see when the time comes!

Kingmaker Virus shall decide the master race!

After much deliberation, I think this would be the best name! Who shall become the kings of the world? Or, will the apes usurp or not? But, for now...

Last time, on Moniker's Multiplayer...

vuQEvRC.png

A critical defeat was suffered. Moniker's disease was pounded into the ground, not because of overconfidence, but because little stupid PAX-98 was a cheating, hacking noob who should be banned from the internet.

But Moniker rises again with a new, powerful disease! In...

Moniker's Multiplayer Part 2: Moniker Strikes Back

UVHeeHz.png

Today, our enemy is "mail". Without a profile picture to his name, it is clear who the victor shall be!

qOPSGx4.png

Okay, let's begin!

DSlJH8A.png

I might have not mentioned this earlier, but you start with 100 infected in your country, to skip the early boring parts of the game. Also, Saudi Arabia will give us a heat resistance boost, and is connected to many very important countries.

jqvPGkd.png

Now, we need to find out where "SPREAD" has started. There are a lot of good targets, of course.

Opm08Wg.png

(Saudi Arabia isn't rural, not sure why I went for Livestock...)

We'll start with transmissions, as normal.

w1kK0cv.png

This will help us spread faster by land.

UJK5EMk.png

(I didn't need these, I could have waited...)

Let's get these next. We want that steady income when we start killing people.

g5vmPuH.png

While all that was happening, I've been spreading at a fast rate. But the other guy evolved Auto-Immune support! I can't infect his carriers at all!

RNzF0aO.png

Nothing we need to immediately worry about. Let's focus on spreading faster.

CtcWQao.png

You can view the world map from the other person's point of view. We haven't discovered anywhere with SPREAD in it yet. To be honest, it really isn't living up to its name.

FjnuFxK.png

More transmissions. Keep going!

544rigF.png

Hey! Suddenly, he's catching up! Probably because I maxed out Saudi Arabia...

Since your disease grows exponentially in each country it infects, once you've started to grow in your starting country, you'll suddenly experience rapid growth, and then when you infect everyone in that country, you'll suddenly stop growing. SPREAD just started to hits its stride in their country, and is now catching up to me.

(We also mutated Nausea. All notifications are delivered through the bar at the bottom.)

Cj34EAa.png

They're still going... the good news is, once THEY slow down a bunch, we can use the rough population of their country to know where they started!

sIsvkir.png

We want Opportunistic Infection too... They're still growing...

PBkjP2J.png

Found them! SPREAD started in the UK, which is a good place to start to spread to a lot of countries, since their airports connect to so many places. Of course, the UK being extremely rich slowed them down at the start, and... 20,278 dead!? And he HASN'T evolved Corpse DNA? What's the guy DOING?

YLobu8t.png

Our new DNA windfall will let us infect his country. Go, Dominator! Go, and destroy this fool!

H20jgKJ.png

Looks like he's getting Genetic Hardening. Since he apparently wants to kill people already, that's probably wise.

Tur3Tkw.png

Now it's time for us to resist him! ...Or her. The .00000001% predicted odds of them being a girl.

688JiAz.png

They're keeping ahead of me, but only just barely. We need to keep moving!

FakWYy7.png

The world has started Cure Research on me. As far as I can tell, though, the opponent's strategy is "use symptoms to aggressively infect everyone", but they aren't pulling it off very well... we can win this!

WGaO6eU.png

I get Cold Resistance, and Genetic Hardening too. Things are speeding up, and every move we make is important.

zkXO7kM.png

Yikes! They're already getting the USA, and Canada! Maybe I underestimated this guy!

s4RSz67.png

I'm taking control of the bottom-left, he's taking the upper-right. This is kind of like the "red and yellow world" illustration at the start!

C8dwKIh.png

Since he's killing people, the world curing him-or, him being worried about the cure and being forced to dedicate DNA points to not suffering it-would be good for us.

KEvi84G.png

He's spreading fast. but not fast enough. He's killed about 500,000 people, and STILL hasn't bothered to get Corpse DNA, the entire point behind killing people.

UhHp7zG.png

That is, of course, something we can take advantage of.

lvlpuEX.png

Oh come on! He found my starting country somehow. Well, our bonus DNA flow is gone!

mMAOYQU.png

fL6z7Gr.png

We need to focus on spreading more. Remember, infecting every person in the world is what we're SUPPOSED to be racing towards. Let's go to Greenland!

(Notice that he's made me easier to cure. The thing is, I have Epitaxis, Insomnia, and Nausea, and he's killed almost a million people.)

eeMeKVe.png

If you look at the image above this one, you might notice that Greenland had "17 dead". This is because HE WAS THERE ALREADY. The jerk!

NU52QSr.png

We do of course want to deal with the "easier to cure thing".

QlKB1ov.png

With our next batch of DNA points, we get this. Now, we'll be able to infect people with his-THEIR, I mean- disease a lot faster. Since most of the uninfected people at this point are infected by him, this is what we want!

9SH5Fol.png

If he were to get Auto-Immune Support 2 right now, this would all go away. But he hasn't, so we get to enjoy it!

0E6DfID.png

Oh, and he still can't really touch the people with our disease. Why is he focusing on getting stuff to make me "easier to cure" when it's CLEAR there are better things to focus on?

Not that I'm insinuating that "mail" here is stupid or anything. No, I'd say it's more like... "intelligence challenged", "brain dead", "prime example of a nincompoop"...

aeS73S8.png

Soon, there will be no healthy people in the world. If the other guy isn't cured first, that is.

kvxuv9a.png

With most countries at least an itty bit infected, all we have to do is let ourselves finish infecting the world.

NfOdO7t.png

And just to be sure... Oh, what's that?

Gic7KY4.png

The last upgrade gives an infectivity boost, especially to people who are infected with other diseases. I find it interesting that the "stop/infect the other disease" ability tree ends with an upgrade that lets you infect the other disease more, instead of the other disease infecting you less. This means the game will never be locked in a stalemate because you just can't infect the other guy.

zQo8up6.png

I mutated Tumours, and now I'm a murderer. The world is still way ahead on the other guy's cure research, but despite killing way less than him I'M actually using the upgrades I need to benefit from it.

IEkBiBS.png

The last people not infected with me are down to 2 pathetic slivers of the world.

hYfU3RJ.png

To help even more, we get "orange symtpoms" which help us infect/kill people with the other disease, or make it harder for the other disease to infect/kill us.

8aPo4eu.png

And then the cure was released.

dqcSnfN.png

YES!

bUh01Fw.png

ABSOLUTE VICTORY! TOTAL DESTRUCTION! COMPLETE WINNING! WE HAVE HAD VICTORY OVER THE HORRIBLE FOOL THAT WAS mail, AND SHOULD CELEBRATE APPROPRIATELY!

...BY SHOUTING A LOT!

Okay, I think that's enough multiplayer. I think we're just going to stick to singleplayer for the rest of this LP.

NEXT TIME: Rapid murder!

Sorry again about the wait. IRL stuff, and I've been trying to push through GhebFE too. But, there's another update now!

Time to kill everyone in...

Plague Inc. Episode 9: Bio-Weapon: A minor case of Hugepox

kcEzM7H.png

Bio-Weapon is a giant, spiky ball. It looks kind of weird.

RUbUSQx.png

We want all our normal stuff, and Trans-Stasis, because transmissions are more important than symptoms here.

99wOj0a.png

And here we had eradicated smallpox, except now something even worse is coming!

fCap6eR.png

We want to start in someplace where we can spread very quickly.

2fam7OY.png

And thus, Bio-Weapon's special ability is revealed. As time goes by, it slowly becomes more lethal. If you aren't constantly spreading, you'll just kill everyone and have nowhere to spread from! This is why transmissions are so important.

uybhjq2.png

3AAi9EQ.png

But as usual, the game gives us tools to deal with the challenges it puts in front of us. There are three types of upgrades here: These ones, which slow down the rate at which you become lethal. And then-

ixtpPsz.png

The Festival of Love!? No, that's not it at all!

ipNnB6h.png

This doesn't really help, but it's not like we can go unnoticed for long.

0wwCW9K.png

Trans-stasis will let us very quickly get transmissions, which we need if we're going to spread fast. India is a rural country, hence the Livestock.

DC3z74T.png

Oh, great. Now they're even harder to infect than they already were!

r0Glrkl.png

iO6aQH2.png

Okay, this is the next type of gene. It gives a flat reduction to lethality. It hasn't been long, and already we're a good bit lethal! You can't stop maintaining the bio-weapon's lethality for too long or you're dead.

HbJWJFK.png

Symptoms that give infectivity are okay to have here. We just don't want extra lethality.

gzewsVE.png

Drug Resistance+Genetic Hardening is what we need now, since we'll be discovered right... about...

wUmAzJ8.png

c8VxRMn.png

Yup. When you're killing people, you can't stay hidden.

8HQhlaY.png

We don't want too many deaths, so we'll evolve the last level of this.

(Also, I didn't end up using it, but that hourglass on the bottom resets the lethality totally, but it regenerates fast. And, I've never used it before, but looking on the internet, if you get all three levels of all three gene types, you unlock an "Annihilate" gene that's the most powerful in the game, giving loads of all three stats. I wish I'd gone for that now.)

hd71pOj.png

Thankfully. cure research hasn't started yet and we're spreading excellently!

Ys0q5pD.png

ySmrD5m.png

Not too much I can do about either of those things. But we're halfway to full infection!

z5QJxm6.png

We mostly want this to get on all the ships and planes before countries start shutting things down! We don't want to end up locked out of Greenland!

bDtB7hU.png

Oh, great. I think this is the first time it's been done, but when you only have a FEW symptoms, and the world is only doing an itty bit to stop you, people will hold an Awareness day, which will cause the world to start taking you a lot more seriously.

9GplKW8.png

I guess this Hugepox can't be vaccinated.

tLwHlwt.png

D1tLhRy.png

oGOcNtO.png

We only need to get everyone infected! Then, they shall feel vengeance!

cHQuZh1.png

Come on, Greenland! Not you again!

nkSzvbr.png

They're start to close their borders, and of COURSE Madagascar is the first one to do it!

6hUt675.png

Ignore the coughing thing, and instead focus on US HAVING GREENLAND!

WqHofVt.png

We can't wait much longer, but we don't have everyone infected QUITE yet...

WGcrALg.png

Almost... notice despite our efforts we've ended up killing a lot of people.

D6gRWoM.png

Looks like we can't wait any longer.

What do we do now?

x79Fqvu.png

Simple! Devolve everything we've done to restrict lethality!

w4z5xan.png

This gives us all that lethality we took away back!

EFceIl2.png

Any last people who weren't working on the cure are now.

EiV5ztk.png

But it's okay! They're all dead anyways!

Oz7JEIL.png

YWlZBBU.png

Come on, come on! Don't complete that cure!

E7WWHY9.png

Are we going to make it!?

pGk3q2Z.png

Okay, this should be the finishing touch we've been needing!

q0VRkOV.png

From here on out, we just have to wait!

sfMc8VE.png

This is what "Overview" looks like in the endgame. We're winning!

Xb8ejp1.png

hGYJ7E7.png

And once again, we are the victors! The last disease, however, is one of the hardest in the game. It will require our best efforts to beat it.

uSqNrVD.png

Wait, "Unlock Cheatmodes"? I'd better have a look at those...

hCL30YP.png

Only THREE Bio-Hazards? Surely I deserve more!

boTwKDi.png

This gene gives us a small infectivity boost in ALL environments. Probably the best of the "infectivity boost" genes.

xcjZ1Nz.png

And THIS is our "reward" for beating all diseases on Brutal! Cheats that make the game pathetically easy, now that we've proven we most definitely don't need them! If we were to back on Mega-Brutal, we would unlock Lucky Dip and Shuffle. "Lucky Dip" starts you with 5 random things, and "Shuffle" randomizes all evolutions. I'm not too sure what it does, but I think it's kind of ironic that the ones you get for winning on Mega-Brutal can end up making the game HARDER.

(Yes, there's an achievement for winning a couple times with Shuffle.

SkYJE9I.png

A preview for next time: This... thing...

Basically, Plague Inc was updated with some new multiplayer features... but in the process, the regular black background surrounding the game in the screenshots has been replaced with... that shimmering glitchiness. Is it... moving? It's not a GIF...

Well, you'll be seeing a lot more of it next update!

Okay, once all the main diseases are finished, we can do Scenarios, or special situations or diseases the game gives us. The first one we can do is "Santa's Little Helper". Evil people have taken over the world and outlawed happiness, and it's gotten so bad that the Neurax worm has had to step in and team up with Santa to stop them!

What do we name it?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, back again! Today, we have for ourselves a war between humans and apes.

Happiness. Since the world has none of it, if people get mind-controlled by it, then sadness won't even be possible!

Really, this seems like the best name. We don't always need to go with a pun. Also, I'm not naming it Tiny Dick.

Plague Inc. Episode 10: Simian Flu: Part 1: Breaking out and Setting Up

cfreskP.png

As you can probably guess by the side tab ("OFFICIAL CONTENT"), this entire disease is pretty much a blatant advertisement for the Dawn of the Apes Film... which is weird, since it was released in 2014, and it's 2016 now. Did the devs forget to remove it in an update?

Regardless, this is one of the most difficult, most complicated, and most FUN disease in the game. It makes for a very nice final.

SrNYcqL.png

1Mhc3Na.png

So, we have not one but TWO of our normal gene categories replaced with special genes that we don't have. ATP Boost and Extremophile is all we get to help us out here.

8A2p6G2.png

Kings we shall become!

EO21Q4e.png

Why start in Africa, of all places?

Because our strategy requires it.

t6DKsYg.png

The Simian Flu's theme color is yellow, and you can probably guess what's going to happen...

xN4Iqcr.png

Huh? That's right, this time around we get a backstory for why we exist! We were created by Gen-Sys. Until we start doing stuff, they won't progress, but some of the normal news ticker events are replaced with stuff relating to them.

b8K2tCI.png

Okay, I'm going to zoom in a little. That cure-bottle building is the Gen-Sys lab. It's not doing anything right now, but that will change.

GLiUBtw.png

So, some people advocated waiting to do this in the comments, and normally you might want to spread the disease in humans a little first... But this is why we started in Africa! We're doing it now!

ly6VWky.png

This unlocks these green ape-to-ape transmissions. We want to get all the apes in the world infected quickly, so we need this. I'll show off all the other transmissions soon.

Now we wait a bit and...

7YK23lC.png

The Gen-Sys lab has been destroyed, way ahead of schedule! Notice that the world now has a grey bar and an "Ape" tab above the normal human tab. That shows how many apes we have infected. Unlike with humans, the Kingmaker Virus only gives Apes positive effects-specifically, intelligence! Our job is upgrading them and coordinating them to help take out the world.

74Sxzr4.png

Almost immediately afterwards, this happens. Remember this.

8r2f3NP.png

In West Africa, there about 30,000 apes. That's not nearly as many as there are humans. Let's zoom out in scope a little:

5aguNOd.png

In the entire WORLD, there are 644,344 apes, as compared to ~7,000,000,000 humans. The war will be mostly fought using the disease, but we can't do that yet. We have to develop our ape army before the world reacts.

Nk5UzMF.png

Annnd this really isn't helping. Kingmaker virus, and the Simian Flu as a whole, is indeed a virus above all else, and it mutates CONSTANTLY. It costs a lot to devolve, too, so we can't stay dormant too long or the disease WILL get itself discovered.

WbhcVMb.png

The headache symptom is a weak one, but it's right next to Fever, which is lethal...

YxEn3S6.png

Now, see this upgrade? Colonies? This is why going Ape first WORKS. When it says colonies "Generate DNA", what it means is, every now and again, it gives us a bubble that gives DNA points. The thing is, unlike all the other diseases in the game, where DNA was of varying abundance but ultimately limited and you couldn't spend super-frivolously, this DNA supply is theoretically infinite. We want to tap into this ASAP, and then later on, we'll have enough DNA to do whatever the heck we want!

iXxJclt.png

Okay, well, that's weird. I didn't know Africa was into that kind of thing. We don't have Nausea, so it doesn't mean anything.

CUNCxth.png

We're infecting more apes... let's place that colony down! The first one is 5 DNA points.

3TKuBYQ.png

And we have a colony! Right now, it would only gives us 1 point per bubble. However, as we infect more apes, we'll get more DNA out of it, maxing out at 10 (though we will increase it with more upgrades).

30ni4DF.png

It's already giving us money! ...And mutating new symptoms! Stop it, disease! We want to stay hidden right now!

Lkli8ow.png

Okay, let's buy Primal Awareness next. We want to keep apes away from the humans right now, as this helps delay some events that we don't want to happen.

uYBXNMT.png

And next, Organised Travel. This is VERY important.

4bcEFHH.png

Remember Neurax worm travel, and how it was one plane to anywhere in the world very quickly? And Necroa travel, and how it was one group of zombies to one nearby country? Ape travel is different again. You can move apes from one country to anywhere in the world... but almost all the apes will travel with them, and they have to travel slowly by land. However, they take care to infect ALL countries they pass through along the way, meaning this travel won't just start infecting apes in China-it will spread Kingmaker Virus to apes in Central Africa, Saudi Arabia, India, and anywhere else the apes pass through. Doing this is VITAL to spreading the virus around.

uPjfIkT.png

No, that was the symptom I wanted you NOT to mutate. Now people will start dying! Bad disease! Bad!

pLHjmo1.png

Oh, and putting Travel on a country with a colony will move the colony... that's okay, I guess. The colony is going to China now!

IyIK8AV.png

But, we definitely can't have this active. Devolve costs 4 points (more for a certain symptom tree) and 1 more for every devolution. We might have theoretically infinite DNA, but we can't afford to devolve every symptom.

wvlnWJG.png

Oh, perfect. This is just perfect. Of course.

fJzuLt1.png

An update on the human side of thing, we're moving extremely slowly. This is a GOOD thing.

VWK5jsH.png

SERIOUSLY?

Fine. FINE. KEEP IT IF YOU'RE SO DARN DETERMINED.

WfBiAjn.png

Skipping ahead a bit, the apes have arrived at China, and in the process, we're extended our reach by a LOT! Why do we have such a large percentage of the world infected? Because about 8-9/10 of the world's apes are concentrated in Africa, where we started! Most of the countries in the New World only have about 20-100 apes in them.

b62pgp9.png

Probably doesn't mean anything.

UaYt8CD.png

NO! Are you TRYING to ruin me??!

PTD2nyU.png

Okay, we officially need to start keeping a closer eye on how our disease is progressing in humans. It's time to start spreading things faster.

K3madV0.png

Why don't we also get a colony placed down on... hmm...

gjhFnAP.png

Central Africa! Where 2/3 of the world's apes are located!

This is now our central base of operations.

oDGvx4C.png

Okay, this really isn't helping.

I3PRjbS.png

Here's what Neuro-Enhancement does. It slightly increase research speed, and gives a sliver of severity. That's it. That's all it does. Totally useless, for now that is. Aside from getting more lethal, it couldn't have picked a worse thing to mutate.

I think the game hates me.

(Remember, I said totally useless... for now.)

EKiG9M9.png

So, each colony gets more expensive than the last. This third one is costing all 13 of our DNA points. The 5th one costs around 32 DNA points. After that, they become so expensive getting more is counter-productive. We can't just slap ape colonies everywhere for massive DNA.

QyDTXCt.png

z1D4ygg.png

This is a worse version of Photophobia. It decreases research speed, sure, but we don't want more severity.

eHRJ0hE.png

I think it's time we get this. This allows apes and humans to infect each other. And now...

PhpcKzc.png

All countries with apes have the infection start spreading in the human population! Ha!qXtEukN.png

Now it's time to start moving ourselves to the other half of the world!

nW47rdf.png

We put another colony in East Africa, another country with a very high Ape population.

7dN3M5o.png

FMLpOSp.png

Perfect! Now that we're going full-force on humans, we can't afford to be crippled.

W7qSj7f.png

I also get a new transmission type-Fomites, which help in wealthy environments.

genfdXX.png

As you might be able to guess, we've been officially discovered! Now, things are going full swing. We're all set up and it's time to really begin!

Y8oVedx.png

This is our fifth and final colony. Turns out it actually costs around 40 DNA points. Still, that's a ton.

TCutWt6.png

With that done, we need to keep boosting them! Go! Go!

WbLMKB3.png

KFUNc5S.png

Pharyngitis! I wish it had gone for this earlier, instead of stupid Fever and Coma...

mNoaiRD.png

We've almost got the entire right half of the world infected! Wait... why is Morocco is marked as "Destroyed"?

k41Vo9w.png

Oh, it's because all the apes moved out when I had them travel to Argentina. They're still alive, just drowning while trying to swim across the entire Atlantic ocean. Not too sure how they're managing it.

mkxEYvJ.png

More! Faster!

2gqdxgh.png

And now Gen-Sys is back in action. They'll set up another lab soon, and I'll explain when that happens.

WKyqqbJ.png

To help the poor apes I'm forcing across the ocean, these travel upgrades will make them speed up a little. Without them, this takes a LONG TIME.

HlG4U0i.png

At this point, we want Ape Migration. It makes apes automatically move out of countries that don't have colonies set up into ones that do. This will be important soon.

GrlyhAq.png

This reduces infectivity and slows cure research.

Q1ij3es.png

Time to start getting our normal abilities! With so many ape abilities bought, the cost is being driven up...

ZBfwVew.png

This is okay, as long as we have apes we don't have to worry too much about Greenland deciding to close their only port.

wwEZijx.png

And now, the world is being scared by apes. Soon, they will classify us as a threat. Why are they being so cruel to the poor apes? They're only helping to spread a virus that will destroy all of humanity!

0LHUnVJ.png

As usual, "this is where things get serious".

14GZ7wy.png

So far, "Migration" is really working! All the apes are still alive, and are congregating where our colonies are. We want apes together, not separated!

ZgiAZzP.png

And here's why! Gen-Sys set up a lab! In Peru!

Here's what Gen-Sys labs do. They start killing the apes in the country... however, in doing so, they gain more cure research for the world. A LOT more cure research, at a rate that increases linearly. Towards the end, if there's a lot of apes dying, they will start gaining 2% per day! You CAN'T leave them alive, or you lose. There are two ways to stop them. The first is letting them run out of apes to experiment on. Not very efficient.

7H05N0a.png

CLZDCbR.png

The second, meanwhile...

2NUsYr2.png

Go for it, guys!

(My screenshots don't show my cursor, which is a pity.)

dRGjOQB.png

And we'll end it here. Gen-Sys labs rarely survive an attack, particularly from upgraded apes. When you destroy a lab, they'll lose most of the research they gained. However, if they get to 100% cure progress, then destroying them won't matter a bit. You've still lost. Because of this, we HAVE to keep spreading Kingmaker virus to the world's apes, or Gen-Sys will take advantage of an unintelligent population of apes. If they aren't infected, we can't make them attack the labs...

NEXT TIME: Apes vs Gen-Sys, and drone attacks!

Plague Inc. Episode 10: Simian Flu: Part 2: VICTORY FOR APE BRETHREN

xLW1tp4.png

We need to start by moving our apes to infect New Zealand over there before they give us trouble. Remember, we have all our colonies set up, and Gen-Sys is putting labs everywhere around the world!

TGBXBfQ.png

This came... really late. We evolved that YEARS ago!

8su2xLV.png

This final upgrade will maximize the DNA we gain from colonies.

sWbzIgs.png

hi6u60u.png

Uh oh... Let's hope the lab in Norway is vulnerable to the number of the devil!

GMavTXb.png

I set the apes to fight the lab, and then check on West Africa. Apes are migrating to other areas where we have colonies, but the government is using new ape events, that will increase the rate at which apes in the area die. The "stealth" upgrades keep the death rates down, which is good for us.

Zh7XIFS.png

Our last Fomites upgrade!

eeHYgDF.png

V12ejqX.png

Okay, that DEFINITELY wasn't what we wanted. We don't to kill too many quite yet!

inuHrVC.png

At the same time, I don't want to devolve it, so we'll compensate by evolving cure-slowing symptoms.

sPb6WLy.png

Blindness in particular is very effective.

C5A7w4N.png

Greenland and Iceland have this far remained mostly safe. No longer!

iESDdoT.png

Sweden! Die!

kJY3oRj.png

Keep in mind, the world is still working on the cure even without Gen-Sys's help. It takes a while to cure the Simian Flu, but we can't forget about the normal cure progress.

IiNskvc.png

And now things will get more difficult. This allows another event to happen, which we will be seeing soon.

RXqIegy.png

Almost all of the apes in the world are infected, with the exception of a few islands. Also, we've kept our Ape deaths very low, which is good.

PeuGN1K.png

Gen-Sys really likes those upper countries, don't they? Take them out!

QpGz22Y.png

We're getting a LOT of income, so I think it's time for this to help more with the cure. Towards the end, abilities get very expensive!

vNBsijY.png

Now you're undoing the work I've done to slow the cure! Come on, stop it!

IlRlVEo.png

We've gotten a very large portion of the world infected, but it isn't enough!

SJBYbIu.png

Hmmm?

SQWZmUr.png

Uh oh. See that red circle? It's attacking our poor apes in China! If we don't stop it, the colony will be permanently destroyed, with no DNA refund. Thankfully, all we have to do to stop it is make our apes move around a little.

aBn9Zlu.png

Great, they have one set up and running in the US. I don't like to attack it, but it needs to go!

I1wkxS3.png

Wow, what a great mutation choice.

ophzYG1.png

It's important that we keep spending our DNA points as they come in. We want this cure going as slow as possible.

AAX5tdv.png

I have apes in Greenland now! Hopefully, we won't need to do anything special for the human population to die.

weQXmSj.png

This is because we launched our attack on them, isn't it? Well, it's too late to stop things now.

7ojx3Ij.png

A Gen-Sys lab in the middle east? Well, we still can't leave it to it's own devices.

ek52IPl.png

As usual, they're super late.

18Fcxzy.png

We want more infectivity above all else. Our hosts are dying, and even with so many apes, if they all die before everyone gets infected, we lose.

bTcDdQJ.png

Ln7EEkd.png

Another new symptom that doesn't do too much.

zORTPm4.png

Okay, I didn't ACTUALLY miss this one. The thing is, with the apes having "stealth" upgrades, Gen-Sys couldn't find any. They left with our ape population totally untouched.

OpSnwgJ.png

With a drone targeting the colony in Russia, I make them move to the Baltic States. Colonies increase human transmission too, so we should keep them where more transmission is needed.

XSvppwh.png

I did this mostly for infection rates. Severity maxed!

7IS80RP.png

Most of the countries resisting us are cold, so this will help too.

j2tVdMG.png

Greenland? Really? They're getting desperate! Take them down!

3LyhMuB.png

With most of the apes infected and around half the world dead now, hopefully we won't have to worry about the cure too much any more. But, one un-destroyed Gen-Sys lab could still spell the end for us.

5qdKESQ.png

No. Bad Norway. Bad.

(Note the drone with the blue circle. That means there aren't any apes it can hit. We don't need to worry about it.

ypiTtre.png

Okay, looks like our disease is totally ravaging every single area except for three places: Canada, Greenland, and Iceland. There is only one solution to avoid losing the game. Since we can't rely on the humans spreading there on their own...

yecTwSZ.png

hLDyPeJ.png

zPaVTT8.png

We move our ape colonies to those countries! They'll do it for us!

VVsxf8A.png

Perfect. The cure is almost a non-issue at this point.

3hlMHEX.png

But it won't stop reminding us it's there!

abF21X3.png

MJbuaTo.png

Oh, great. Now we have to counter this somehow.

7hTRM3Y.png

Maybe this will help with those stupid cold countries!

1XNdIt4.png

One last Gen-Sys lab in New Zealand. Die!

aCr3Y4F.png

Sheesh, Norway! You're getting desperate! Won't save you, though.

9tHgCap.png

Our colonies have arrived at their destinations! Here's the problem, though. We're infecting humans, but at a very slow rate. What happens is, we infect 1-10 humans, and then they die to our lethal symptoms before the disease can start spreading and growing! There's still some living people in other countries, but if our infection fails totally even for one day, even if we're perfectly capable of infecting more people, we'll still lose.

G9iw3ck.png

Maybe this will help infect people faster??

oi0238F.png

No, I know the real solution. If we're killing people slower, they'll stay alive longer and infect more people!

n1P3E0S.png

Now we wait...

NVOGFfI.png

It's still slow going, partly due to all the actions Canada has taken. All of that stuff hurts our infectivity.

RoQxt2W.png

In retrospect, getting this was a bad idea. It still helped max infectivity, though.

6Jya1KW.png

Despite their best efforts, Norway is 100% infected. Now, we will use them as a safe haven while we wait for that stupid drone to leave. This delays us getting Greenland infected.

LF18WGS.png

Maybe this will help with those drones! It's another stealth upgrade for us.

x89BXg0.png

Their progress is slow, but we don't have unlimited time here.

PNrWkLj.png

Devolving this will make our lethality even less.

7goaDX1.png

NO! AGH!

ciAODtE.png

The drones are still active, so I move us back to Greenland.

GPzXoxb.png

Most of the remaining infected people around the world are dead. We want to gain a hold in these countries before they all die.

ZMVWr6j.png

Oh, good. Looks like we have Iceland! Though they don't know yet...

YAVbsDK.png

There! Finally! Infectivity maxed!

txYarfU.png

4xF3TUV.png

Hypocoagulability gives us a big lethality boost that we don't want.

y6GUyiS.png

Spread! SPREAD!

7VgPI14.png

CyWf6M3.png

These drones just won't let up! This is the final stealth upgrade. HOPEFULLY they'll go away for good.

2D7XwEg.png

Looks like Canada is doomed now. It's too late to stop the infection!

pRWXBIA.png

xdpQENu.png

As you can see, we have Greeland as well. And the game gave us Neuro-Enhancement 3... Oh right, I almost forgot to show why those are useful!

MlpaSZY.png

Neuro-Enhancement is a disease tree. A tree that ends with THIS. The second-most lethal symptom in the game! And now, everyone really will die!

Ze9RBLC.png

Not sure what brought this about, but it unlocked an achievement with a funny icon.

esysgJu.png

We win!

qpeO70z.png

And now, the last few struggling souls will leave us...

YSoQK8z.png

AND APES SHALL RULE THE WORLD!

bKqWrlq.png

Too little too late!

9FLNrxW.png

But I might as well show off this ability. It's the most expensive thing in the entire game (I think), but it's quite effective at slowing that cure.

penwdfO.png

This comes as a result of Neuro-Enhancement and Blindness. It doesn't totally cancel out Blindness, and it's too late to save the remaining 31 million people.

8dgVdI0.png

ultrBTy.png

Victory! The conditions for the movie are all set up!

oauZanG.png

Phew... well, that's really it. We win! All normal diseases: Done! That just leaves us with scenarios... hmm. Now I have to ask you guys a question.

Okay, now that that's done with, I have a question for you guys: When should this LP be done? Like, done done? There's a lot of content in the game, and I'm wondering where you'd like to see me stop. I don't want to do every single scenario, but after I've done the special scenarios, should we stop there? Or should we move onto player-created scenarios, a hole that quite potentially has no bottom?

Also, the Santa's Little Helper scenario is done and recorded. After that, we'll be doing "The Black Death" scenario, where we revive the Black Death from the Dark Ages and kill many people once again! What should we name it? Will 'The Black Death" suffice, or should it be something else?

• 2 weeks later...

The Liquefier!

(cause you basically start leaking every single bodily fluid out of every orifice when the virus is maxed out, along with your entire body basically melting)

This one is the best!

Okay, finally I have found time for...

Plague Inc. Episode 11: The Takeover of Love and Joy!

MdsP8Vf.png

WwhFNxa.png

So, this is the Scenarios list. The two at the top are actually some of the most intricate and content-laden scenarios-the rest tend to just be the main game with minor changes. Some of them are really cool, and if you want to see them... well, the game is on sale for the Lunar New Year, I think.

7DR7wDG.png

We've recently gotten a new gene, Teracyte, which increases our chance of spreading by land, and so FINALLY we can use all five gene types!

xXyM3jn.png

We will now bring happiness into the world!

jH9M9rN.png

So, things have gotten SO BAD it's going to take a parasitic worm to make them better again. It's the only way!

oTz60Od.png

Where best to begin bringing fun back into the world?

3jxNwX6.png

China, as usual. I'd like to favor the USA or some other country, but on Brutal we can't afford that.

YiBqj0I.png

d3JzsQX.png

Okay, look at that world map again. ALL the ports, airports, and land borders are closed. ALL countries have "Travel Banned to Reduce Happiness". Why? Because the Happiness disease works in what is essentially the reverse of normal gameplay-our effects are beneficial, and infecting more people makes them want to stop curing us rather than cure us more, and we can re-open the ports and airports instead of closing them off!

IPHyUJu.png

Lhan0Or.png

Vf9G5oh.png

Because of this, it would probably be best for us to start with transmissions. Memory Lane and Radio Worm help in Urban areas (which China is).

gm2nogP.png

Next, these replace heat and cold resistance, so we'll want them too.

UaicXCq.png

In the time it took us to get those, we've already spread a lot and have started veeeeery slowly moving out of China. The borders won't re-open on our own, but how can we influence it? Maybe it's time for some symptoms...

DVAa4Bt.png

Oh, great. We've been found by an anti-fun team. I wonder what it would be like to work for one of those?

dq0XKJk.png

t3bzPLq.png

We were found even though we didn't have symptoms, so any sort of stealth approach just won't work here. Time to break into the brain...

(Notice the differences in the bars at the bottom of the screen. "Severity" is now "Happiness" instead, and it's impossible to gain lethality.)

CBF4FSE.png

Now that we have those things, the first thing we'll want is Sloth. This reduces happiness, which seems bad, but it slows the government's efforts to stop us down, which is good.

iOniu2a.png

Gluttony is the follow-up. I was cured in my first try on this, so I'm paranoid about cure research being started too soon.

mDGwTR4.png

Next, we'll want this. These symptoms are our means of re-opening the borders-once we have them, the borders will slowly start re-opening on their own!

wSp4lvM.png

Might as well get another one. We're sending Happiness viral, guys!

OpTPfh6.png

WOhzIoX.png

With 100% of the country infected, China automatically stops cure research and re-opens its borders. Now, they can serve as our home base of operations!

N8s2nNE.png

With the borders opened, other countries immediately start getting happier.

YFdLMa2.png

Looking around the world map, I can spy two non-China open ports-looks like things are improving worldwide already!

U6er6JA.png

HiIELFN.png

More transmissions! Stocking Filler acts as our substitute for Drug Resistance.

cri7sJ4.png

We're making people more and more happy. The thing about this disease is, since you can't lose due to not infecting Greenland anymore, the cure is now a much more serious threat than usual. We have to spread before its complete, and this will buy us time.

lUMuwrl.png

We're not being researched right now thanks to China being happy, but its only a matter of time.

FpxTyZf.png

We need to start our spread worldwide!

igGwjBo.png

Now we can use Trojan GIFT planes!

d4STJVA.png

94X0M1e.png

While normally I'd want to go for island countries like Greenland or Iceland, we want to go for centers of cure research instead, like the UK and USA.

1YdFo3j.png

This will speed up infectivity in those countries, so we can stop their cure research ASAP.

DbfurAM.png

Yeah, okay, nobody's actually researching us right now, but it'll start soon!

1tTo58S.png

Xf0joFg.png

Luckily, they were way too late and the UK is entirely infected.

ZA8y2Gv.png

But we get this anyway.

6juHx0r.png

And it's a good thing we did! I've had it way too easy so far. Nobody researching me while I advance my goals... but now, the forces of sadness and hatred will be going full force against me! I have to step things up!

f9y7EWZ.png

They're only doing a little work, and already we're a year away from being cured! We need to do something about this!

ZEo2CEi.png

l9hRyWo.png

We'll have to mind-control them to stop cure work! These symptoms are interesting-they make infected people want to work on us less, but uninfected people will try harder to work on the cure. Still, we don't have any straight-up "takes longer to cure" symptoms, so we have to use these instead.

CXCdAeg.png

While we're at it, we should get Indulgence too. Infectivity is our most important stat right now, and symptoms make it go up just as well as transmissions.

YPHTE2h.png

Partying! Come on, guys! A parasitic worm is infecting the world, but it's okay because it's STILL better than how things are right now! LET'S PARTY!

IyOWTCQ.png

This is the "falling into anarchy" message. A lot of the world's top cure places are being taken out, but it's not enough!

gv0uHj2.png

krMOakr.png

I'm doing this mostly to help with Canada. They have just as much cure-power as the USA does, they need to go.

xYEzYir.png

And this will help with the African countries.

Of course, I try to make it sound as if I'm some master strategist, but I'm looking at these images in retrospect. While I'm playing, I tend to just grab random stuff.

zELfK9q.png

Halfway there, but we have less than half a year until the cure. Can't slow down!

fsxZgLW.png

Great. Of course.

F5uZRX3.png

But, we have planes on our side too! Planes can be used to speed up infectivity in countries that are being infected slowly, not just infecting new countries!

uBBpCNw.png

Why don't we take advantage of that?

maF2ZU1.png

Hmmm... that tactic bears a resemblance to a certain someone...

C6qYvQd.png

Of course he would be experienced in delivering large amounts of presents! Now, any country we send a plane to has tens of thousand infected at once, whereupon they'll take over the country in short order. Gift planes are an incredibly powerful force!

rsk5uCf.png

0nYdHht.png

More transmissions! More happiness! WE MUST MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!

qc3hcp8.png

We're destroying more cure, and we have almost all of the world's countries infected. Almost everyone's borders are wide open, too. We just have to get those last people!

7pRjOVD.png

We're more than halfway to victory! We're winning, right?

XXRcxxK.png

Sudan! Don't be slow!

ct0iSLW.png

Did I say tens of thousands? Sorry, I meant MILLIONS. This is after 1 gift plane.

VGxRwsJ.png

3HiVAP5.png

I don't think we have to worry about people working harder to cure us now, so let's splurge on happiness! Joy has been restored!

UTI4Qqz.png

0HCUx2U.png

2ZYI8GW.png

And we can't forget about our last symptom tree, Friendship, Affection, and finally Love! The world will be restored to normal once again!

AzLOJ8i.png

Oh, and with our last few DNA points, we get Harmony, too. Down with the cure! Why would ANYONE want the Neurax worm cured?

0cwIXlU.png

Almost everyone's borders are open, but I guess this can persuade the last few people.

k6oyJzT.png

Well, the cure did reach about halfway, but except for those poor sad people in the Caribbean, it looks like we've about won!

hYnKYfj.png

Intoxication comes after Partying reduces happiness and increases infectivity, I think. Not bad.

7lVbp2u.png

Central Asia has held out too long... it looks like they need a bright little orange worm in their day!

ADCLw1G.png

Poor Afghanistan... surrounded by happiness, and yet they choose to remain sad!

s7qWToP.png

0D4s21B.png

Jealousy is officially the last symptom. We now have restored all of humanity's emotions (which the previous rulers somehow took away??) and are set to win!

7b9Hg2t.png

Why the heck not?

sqPP18s.png

GO! GO AND CURE THOSE AFGHANISTINIANS!

FCpK40g.png

Getting Intoxication and Jealousy will reduce your happiness by a little extra. In the endgame we don't really need it, but it's there!

1kQGM5H.png

Instead of Widespread disorder, we have "widespread happiness". Why can't we have that in real life?

tpRZJpi.png

fQDtT46.png

Victory! Like in the "worship" path of the normal neurax worm, you only need to infect everyone to win. The world is happy once again!

NwMvhvq.png

cbzzQUL.png

"world is happy"

For once, we won by making things better, and not worse.

Okay, after insignificant consideration, I think it's time we approached the end of this LP. There are 2 things left that I want to do: The Black Death Scenario, and Co-Op Mode for Plague Inc-coming out on February 18, with the official update to 1.0! Those will be the 2 final updates for this let's play. There's more we could do, I guess, but this LP has proven a bigger time sink than I was expecting, and it's not as popular as GhebFE either. Maybe I'll choose a different game to do after this.

Also! I need a name for our disease in Co-Op mode. Remember, we're trying to help our online teammate, not hurt them... what should we call it?

What? Evolved doesn't have stuff like the Frozen Virus, Smallpox, etc.? Such a shame, those are fun plagues, namely the Frozen Virus (TAKE THAT CREATIONISTS!)

It does have them, I just think that this LP has gone on plenty long enough and we don't need to do them. Co-op seems like a good final note to end the LP on. I would like to once again advocate buying this game yourself and playing it.

And the world is saved. We did something good for once in the world!

I know! Finally, we can feel good about ourselves!

LET'S UNDO IT ALL!

Plague Inc: Episode 12: Liquefaction of all

1wguRBm.png

Welcome to the Black Death scenario. The "More Information" tab you see there links to an article on the Black Death (here's a Wikipedia link). It really was a terrible thing, and now it will strike again, with the power to mutate at will and constantly, and the ability to travel on planes and ships across the entire world, not just Europe.

or0sstq.png

Our basic disease type is a simple Bacteria with no special abilities. We don't need to worry about constant mutations, thankfully.

ZqCDfQr.png

I have a confession to make: I played this disease on Normal. I tried it multiple times on Brutal, and I just could NOT win. This scenario is very difficult, for reasons we'll soon see.

FYmf4pq.png

The world is no longer in the Dark Ages, though that will ultimately work against it here.

PRxkHTh.png

Start in Saudi Arabia INDIA like normal. We want to spread around the world FAST, and Saudi Arabia INDIA has the airports that can allow us to do so.

(Some of my screenshots were mixed from different runs, okay?)

0SLZxji.png

In some scenarios, we start with free stuff evolved, like "Flea 1" here. It doesn't contribute much, but it's free!

31mWkHe.png

Flea 2 costs barely anything and gives plenty of invectivity-which is good, because we NEED infectivity ASAP. Why? Let me show you...

jMbGtId.png

We start with Symptoms evolved too. We have Bubobes, which gives infectivity and lethality, and a few other things too. We get Cysts, and-...what's that over there?

Xin4Y5G.png

Necrosis!? One of the most powerful symptoms in the game? At the START?

This symptom right here is the main reason the disease is so challenging. It gives TONS of lethality and severity, meaning we will be discovered and the world will be up in arms to cure us INCREDIBLY quickly. We need to move fast, and infect faster!

MA5Udr7.png

Less than 100 infected and we're ALREADY discovered. For perspective, in a normal run, you can get many millions infected before discovery if you only have a few light symptoms.

BGOze0l.png

China first? That seems like India's job! That's where this all started!

k92d5u1.png

Great, I was hoping to get more planes off before that happened. Stupid Necrosis, you've made everyone hate us!

l785k0N.png

I've been doing some work while that was happening, getting Heat/Cold resistance, and now we get Pneumonic Plague. It doesn't seem to do anything immediately, but that's because it unlocks stuff.

ZRWo5dt.png

For example, Air and Water transmissions, which we need if we want to spread before all the borders shut down.

(NOTE: Getting Rodent 1 unlocks Bird and Livestock, which I'm also getting.)

CdtttLy.png

Oh, great. I might as well keep it, since it makes me harder to cure. India and China are having a severe outbreak of The Liquefier, and soon it will hopefully make it back to Europe.

(Keep an eye on my DNA tab-one of the results of being so severe is that we get a LOT of DNA to work with.)

mmHzXHa.png

We'll definitely need this.

U7vX9Be.png

Normally, I don't do for Environmental Hardening, but here, we need it to take over certain countries (*cough* GREENLAND *cough cough* MADAGASCAR *cough cough*).

HryFqR2.png

Well, when everyone's skin is peeling off, it's not hard to imagine why.

HqPhNXG.png

Now their skin is peeling off, AND they have a cough!

bl7Qkzb.png

Countries like Canada are starting to shut their borders, but we are spreading FAST and getting a whole lot of new countries! Look at all those DNA points! LOOK AT THEM!

ZxSU7kj.png

Time for Septicemic plague, which will give us even more upgrades to choose from!

sBe6AoJ.png

One of those things being Blood 1 and Blood 2, which we'll need to get Extreme Biohydro, uh, something-o-sol.

vqgZEZN.png

We want the infectivity bar maxed, there are still healthy people out there!

uWrcuc1.png

They're way too late. Just look at all those red dots!

RAKofWa.png

We have all the island countries, leaving JUST Germany and Sweden. I have absolutely no idea how they're still holding out.

0fprbDv.png

Now their skin is peeling off, while they vomit, and sweat, and have cysts.

eiiNV1n.png

And STILL so many people worldwide continue to work on the cure! How do they manage it?

kTiybQF.png

Pre-emptive anti-cure strike!

G6FYeDn.png

Sweden is infected! Not that they ever had a chance.

N8mf53J.png

Oh, NOW you place it on the watchlist. 85% of the Old World is GONE, and NOW you place it on the watchlist?

Maybe the people who run the watchlist lived in Sweden...

S0kgD7O.png

Iceland, a disease-riddled country, has been chosen to lead the cure effort, while the mostly-uninfected USA was passed over.

I really don't get it.

lWvVl6B.png

With all countries infected, we can afford to keep this!

5ih9aEl.png

Too late! All of you will die!

AvMVWJD.png

I imagine the looters are finding it hard to bunker up with all the dead bodies and rotted flesh around. I mean, anarchy wouldn't even be fun if it was one caused by disease.

xFsQeDg.png

Getting Drug Resistance 2 and Genetic Reshuffle 1 lets you get Drug Resistance 3, which further boosts us in certain rich countries and acts as Genetic Hardening.

47HBCzK.png

And getting THAT lets us get Hardened Reshuffle 1 and 2, but they're so prohibitively expensive it's not worth it.

I like that this disease gives you new ways to fight the cure, but it would be nice if we had some Fungal Spore things too. Having 1 or 2 countries close their borders on you is way more of a threat than the cure.

I41fv79.png

4yIVbNx.png

We've pretty much won.

U1XP3G1.png

WJmNvbM.png

But I mean, this can't hurt, right?

KYkz3tg.png

So close, yet so far! That's gotta hurt. I mean, emotional pain, on top of fatigue, sweating, skin peeling off, and projectile vomiting.

RN70qqv.png

And for the finisher, the organs can melt too.

KDIVZHZ.png

Goodbye, humanity! Nobody will miss you.

rZcxa8y.png

kfFUf7l.png

VICTORY!

This is quite good to see after all the failed attempts.

MWNCiED.png

NEXT TIME: We work with another player, and destroy the world once again!

Co-op doesn't release until February 18th, so don't expect an update until a bit later than that.