Help making Hinata more... usable?

Eden Agleam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind when it comes to Hinata is that he would've been a more interesting character if Oni Savage had been his Primary Tree (as much the Samurai Tree has the better Skills to spread around the army), but marketing seemed to be focused in selling him as tailor-made for Weapon Master.

Hisame is still someone okay to start as a Myrm, though.

Edited by AstraSage

But when Hinata has Flowing Strike and the Trueblade avoid passive he won't get hit on PP and is less likely to get hit on EP. Rinka's Hp doesn't help her at all against the Mages and Sorcerers given how low her Res is and how she faces WTD. This is all still ignoring training Rinka when training her means taking away exp from Kaze and Kamui in the prolog. Both of who are way better units than both Hinata and Rinka.

Enemy Phase survivability > Player Phase.

Rinka will take physical hits better than him, hell better than every Hoshido units. She's the only true physical wall in Hoshido, outside of Cyrus.

anyway all of this is beside the point. Every unit is taking experience from another unit, you use who want to use. I'm just rebuttaling the statement that says Hinata was good while Rinka was bad

Rinka will take physical hits better than him, hell better than every Hoshido units. She's the only true physical wall in Hoshido, outside of Cyrus.

anyway all of this is beside the point. Every unit is taking experience from another unit, you use who want to use. I'm just rebuttaling the statement that says Hinata was good while Rinka was bad

? Doesn't Fates actually encourage Player Phase actions rather than Enemy Phase tanking?

I mean, that's the impression I got from watching playthroughs and from people's feedback.

Shephen how dare you make me want to use Hinata?

... also, who do you recommend him as a wife besides Kamui? If Kamui, what class is a good idea to pass? He unfortunately got last pickings in the pairings it seems... But if I could change that I would.

Skills are more oriented towards the player phase (all the strike skills, poisons) but I don't think the game has fundamentally changed since Awakening as far as player phase or enemy phase being more important.

Rinka has to take exp away from Kamui and Kaze at a critical time to be able to do anything. Hinata only needs 150 gold for a speed tonic to go for a majority of the game. Rinka's join time works against her since she has to spend the prolog glued as guard stance for Kamui and Kaze, so she gets no exp. Hinata joins at a good time where the exp scramble is starting to end and can easily fit on the team without any hassle.

Shephen how dare you make me want to use Hinata?

... also, who do you recommend him as a wife besides Kamui? If Kamui, what class is a good idea to pass? He unfortunately got last pickings in the pairings it seems... But if I could change that I would.

Hinata doesn't reclass well since he loses too much speed and his sword rank. Kagerou and ninja line is his best option if you want to reclass him since he keeps his high speed and sword rank. Hana works as well in terms of pair up fodder spouse.

Could I sandbag Kamui for her though? I like her a lot better as a person than Kamui, and given that I'm entirely willing to sacrifice Kamui and even use him as a resource for her instead, how would that come out?

Like, I'm confident in my FE abilities to go without a super unit for 13 chapters before Ryouma shows his ass up anyway

Edited by Thor Odinson

In chapter 4 you probably could. Ain't happening in chapter 5 though. Then if you just give her the Ch7 Seraph Robe, Ch9 Speedwing, Kagerou's Energy drop, and then all the talismans you can get a hold of then yeah she can be pretty good. At the very least there is some incentive for her to get to level 10 for Shove.

Could I sandbag Kamui for her though? I like her a lot better as a person than Kamui, and given that I'm entirely willing to sacrifice Kamui and even use him as a resource for her instead, how would that come out?

Actually Kamui won't gain much EXP in chapters 4 and 5 for being quite overleveled (and in C4 Kamui will spend most of the chapter going around activating those DV because Ryouma won't do that for you, even though his sisters' lives are on the line), so you shouldn't use Kamui too much anyways (other than maybe boss kills). You'll be sacrificing EXP from Suzukaze instead. Even so, in chapter 5, Rinka will have a very hard time in higher difficulties because she has WTD against everything in that chapter; her Def is irrelevant because the main threats there are mages... and mage reinforcements. You can try to give her the boss kill though.

Edited by Ryo

Tsukuyomi's skill looks disgusting tbh, I wouldn't trust his hit rates as Shura and I'm the person who ran through FE6 with a bunch of axe users for fun

Yomi's badness stems from his bases at join time anyway, people are bad for different reasons. I'm sure a trained Yomi isn't actually that awful, but he joins kinda too late for being level 1. At least Mozume's growths can give people who like training scrubs an incentive, but Yomi has normal people growths on top of a low base level and appropriately low bases to fit.

Units are good or bad for different reasons. 20/20 stats are not always the end-all-be-all.

It's the same reason that, Hinata, while having bad growths, isn't actually too bad of a unit.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Tsukuyomi's skill looks disgusting tbh, I wouldn't trust his hit rates as Shura and I'm the person who ran through FE6 with a bunch of axe users for fun

Yomi's badness stems from his bases at join time anyway, people are bad for different reasons. I'm sure a trained Yomi isn't actually that awful, but he joins kinda too late for being level 1. At least Mozume's growths can give people who like training scrubs an incentive, but Yomi has normal people growths on top of a low base level and appropriately low bases to fit.

Units are good or bad for different reasons. 20/20 stats are not always the end-all-be-all.

It's the same reason that, Hinata, while having bad growths, isn't actually too bad of a unit.

Yomi's growths are actually pretty sick though, like Saizou tier sick. Dude has magic, Spd, and bulk growths. He just has bad bases.

Rinka has to take exp away from Kamui and Kaze at a critical time to be able to do anything. Hinata only needs 150 gold for a speed tonic to go for a majority of the game. Rinka's join time works against her since she has to spend the prolog glued as guard stance for Kamui and Kaze, so she gets no exp. Hinata joins at a good time where the exp scramble is starting to end and can easily fit on the team without any hassle.

Hinata doesn't reclass well since he loses too much speed and his sword rank. Kagerou and ninja line is his best option if you want to reclass him since he keeps his high speed and sword rank. Hana works as well in terms of pair up fodder spouse.

Using blatant favoritism as an argument is fucking astounding. You're only going to level two people for 10 chapters?

Using blatant favoritism as an argument is fucking astounding. You're only going to level two people for 10 chapters?

When you only have Kamui, Kaze, and Rinka as combat units for chapter 4 and 5, yes. In chapter 4 she isn't really doing much since the seals and her combat is terrible. In Chapter 5 she is basically unusable as a combat unit. Chapter 6 is just Ryoma bopping Xander so not much there. Then chapter 7 is the first chapter where she can actually do stuff, but is still stuck with her E axes and still low speed which kills her combat. Chapter 8 is a Desert and Baki, Hinoka and Orochi will be doing most of the work since they are unhindered. Then chapter 9 Hinata joins.

Edited by Shephen

Speaking of Hinata, how does Hinata fare as a Dread Fighter or a Vanguard?

Taking Hinata out of Samurai -> TB Tree hurts more than it helps.

Easy there. Let's look at it this way, Rinka is usable from C4 start. It's imperative to give Kaze a level here so he can get a speed proc which is necessary in doubling unpaired Mercs in C5 which lets him go from 3RKOing them to 2RKOing them in addition to 2RKOing the dark Mages. You could probably give Rinka a kill or 2 there, but it's hard to make a case against prioritizing Kaze for exp. Considering the nature of C5, it's really hard to give Rinka kills here because literally every enemy on the map has WTA on her and the Mages have range advantage on her too. Basically, it is safe to assume Rinka gets no exp in C5. Now in C6, I've toyed with a few ways to give Rinka kills. You'll spend at most 2 turns in this map because the 1 turn is really unlikely and why miss two free boss kills? Also Marx is already rushing your team down by the second turn unless you distract him with Ryoma which can get chancy. You could opt to lure Camilia with Hinoka or something then have Rinka grab the kill with attack stance help from Takumi. The same could apply to Leo. Dragonstone is good at weakening them as well. Rinka isn't going to fight Marx at all unless you want to see her blood on the ground. Really, she's going to entering the route split with like 1.5 levels under her belt, maybe 2, and still have E rank axes. It's hard to pit her against Hinata who comes prepackaged with 2 weapon Ranks on her in 2 chapters from that point while sharing her niche.

HOLY SHIT, I just took a good look at Rinka's growths, bases and stats. While she looks good on her base, holy dam who in their right mind decided to give the "Tanky" unit with more defense a low as hell HP growth? It's like, she's Nowi when you recruit her, but it doesn't gets better at all. To top it off, they decided to give her high speed and skill and cut her strength down. She's literally a mess of stats that has no clear role. She lacks the ability to take too many hits, despite having good defenses, she lacks the ability to use her speed offensively by having a low strength growth. What's her role? A brittle tank that just wants to dodgetank instead?

At least Odin attempted to be good at everything and failed, but Rinkah just min-maxed herself the wrong way.

Rinka really doesn't have issues tanking because her defense is so high. I mean, with the C7 Seraph and tonics the girl has 30 HP/12 Def which is more or less unkillable as far as the early game is concerned (except for mages) and as long as her defense keeps ramping up (it will) her HP is like irrelevant. Hoshido has no status staves or seals or sap skills. Her problem lies more in her low offense since clubs kinda suck as a Weapon, she's got E rank with no time to build it, and her strength could use some help. Her speed isn't an issue either but eh. It's nice to take hits, but even nicer if you can kill what hit you, y'know?

Her problem lies more in her low offense since clubs kinda suck as a Weapon, she's got E rank with no time to build it, and her strength could use some help. Her speed isn't an issue either but eh. It's nice to take hits, but even nicer if you can kill what hit you, y'know?

I don't know how rare it is, but if you can get a Ryoma's Practice-club, that has 16 MT and is only D-Rank. Downsides are crap accuracy and -5 SPD, but Rinkah has great SKL and SPD, so she might be able to make do anyway. And of course, if she hits A-Rank, the Warrior Club has her name written all over it.

I don't know how rare it is, but if you can get a Ryoma's Practice-club, that has 16 MT and is only D-Rank. Downsides are crap accuracy and -5 SPD, but Rinkah has great SKL and SPD, so she might be able to make do anyway. And of course, if she hits A-Rank, the Warrior Club has her name written all over it.

Yeah, well, I'm not sure weapons gotten through My Castle can even be used as a legit argument...

Yeah, well, I'm not sure weapons gotten through My Castle can even be used as a legit argument...

Perfectly possible. As I said, I don't know how rare those weapons are. "Named" weapons like those were pretty easy to get in FEA, but they might be much more difficult in FEFates.

Ryoma's Practice-club requires 50 visiting point. Not hard to get one.

Rinkah has good Skl but her class doesn't.

Charlotte has showed that 50% Skl growth is not reliable for Axe users.

Unlike most Clubs, Ryoma's Practice-club doesn't have slightly higher hit rates than Axes, so hit rate will be a problem again.

Edited by Tooru