Help making Hinata more... usable?

Eden Agleam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, only when they're visiting yours.

According to Serenes, you can increase your visitor rank by going to other castles, giving them accessories, giving them a rating or visiting all their facilities.

According to Serenes, you can increase your visitor rank by going to other castles, giving them accessories, giving them a rating or visiting all their facilities.

Doesn't that give them visitor points? I have been doing that to people all the time and I'm pretty sure I don't get any extra points for it. However, I do gain points when people visit my facilities or do stuffs.

Edited by Ryo

Doesn't that give them visitor points? I have been doing that to people all the time and I'm pretty sure I don't get any extra points for it. However, I do gain points when people visit my facilities or do stuffs.

Just tested it out, doing stuff at other people's castles also gets you point (I'm not even sure how to tell if other people visited you). 50 points isn't too hard to get, I suppose.

That is definitely strange, that doesn't happen to me even after I updated my data. Otherwise I would have thousands of points right now. When people visit your castle and do stuffs (like buying weapons, doing battles etc.) the game would keep a log of their activities. I know those were their actions and not mine because at the time I'd never bought anything from others' MC nor had I done any MC battles. Though I only know that battling people (which I did recently) would also net you some battle points, however I don't remember if that also increases visit points or not.

Edited by Ryo

If you battle them you can get up to 3 battle points and 3 visitor points.

+1BP for participating in battle, +1BP for winning, +1BP for giving them a battle rating.

+1VP for visiting their castle, +1VP for giving their castle a rating, +1VP for giving an accessory

Allowing visitor shenanigans opens up a new bag of issues, though.

I think it's still worth discussing. It doesn't have to be taken into consideration for a tier list or anything, but people who intend to use Rinkah should still be informed that the option is there if they can take advantage of it (assuming it's worth taking advantage of, perhaps by going Blacksmith for the +7 base SKL). At least, that's my opinion.

I think it's still worth discussing. It doesn't have to be taken into consideration for a tier list or anything, but people who intend to use Rinkah should still be informed that the option is there if they can take advantage of it (assuming it's worth taking advantage of, perhaps by going Blacksmith for the +7 base SKL). At least, that's my opinion.

It still doesn't solve a lot of her early problems though. She still has to work out of E Clubs, and the times where she isn't behind also usually happen to be times when she's hard to use (see: C5 where she's WTD on every enemy, C8 where she's slowed by sand) which makes getting past E even more of a pain, especially before Hinata joins and largely beats her at her niche.

If you're still planning to use her after Hinata joins, the club becomes more relevant, but she still seems to require some focus in C4 (where Kaze wants levels so he can help in C5), C6 (where she can, as pointed out, nab Camilla and Leo with some setup) and C7 to even be really usable.

It still doesn't solve a lot of her early problems though. She still has to work out of E Clubs, and the times where she isn't behind also usually happen to be times when she's hard to use (see: C5 where she's WTD on every enemy, C8 where she's slowed by sand) which makes getting past E even more of a pain, especially before Hinata joins and largely beats her at her niche.

If you're still planning to use her after Hinata joins, the club becomes more relevant, but she still seems to require some focus in C4 (where Kaze wants levels so he can help in C5), C6 (where she can, as pointed out, nab Camilla and Leo with some setup) and C7 to even be really usable.

I did specify "people who intend to use Rinkah."

I'm not saying Ryoma's Practice-club makes her a god or anything. It just seems like a tool that might help get around one of her more prominent weaknesses. If you're putting the effort into Rinkah anyway, it's good to know that grinding her that one Axe rank can (operative word here being "can," not "does") bump her MT from 5 to 16 instead of just from 5 to 6.

On the subject of underwhelming units, how should Tsubaki be utilized to be the most effective? I know he gets Swallow Strike but it can be frustrating when he's only doubling on the player phase.

Yeah that's fair. I guess I shouldn't have jumped the gun there. You'd be surprised what type of shenanigans you can get into in a no restrictions run btw. How about that Dark Flier/Great Lord Effie? Or Dread Fighter Hana? Lodestar Marx oodles of fun :P:

Unlimited parallels before the level 3 shop also gets pretty awesome.

Not directed at you, but C8 isn't that bad as a map since Sakura is also unaffected by the terrain and she can use Dragon vein the desert away and there aren't a lot of initial enemies. For Rinka it can be troublesome since there are Samurai and Spellcasters and the bulky Oni savages don't mesh with her offense but eh.

On the subject of underwhelming units, how should Tsubaki be utilized to be the most effective? I know he gets Swallow Strike but it can be frustrating when he's only doubling on the player phase.

Dat feel. I know it.

Anyway, through almighty power of extreme first Flier bias, you can pair him with Oboro and throw your core statboosters (Kagerou's energy drop, the C9 Speedwings) at him until he's competent. Getting breaking sky from marrying Oboro also helps since he has skill up the wazoo and he retains weapon rank in the process but he should ultimately end as a Falco since that's where he shines most.

Baki only really needs a Str pair up and he is good to go. His speed isn't really to big an issue since you fight unpromoted enemies for a majority of the game and they are slow in addition to his decent base speed with Falco Promo bonuses and tonics. For the pair up partner it is between Oboro and Rinka where Oboro gives Baki Breaking Sky, and Rinka has better bonuses. He can use Rinka in chapter 7 and 8 since Kaze has to get the robe in 7 which puts him away from everything at the start and chapter 8 is the desert chapter. He would like the Energy Drop and Speedwing, but they aren't necessary(except in LTC where he needs the speedwing to double the Hosh!11 pegs). You also have access to a metric crap ton of lance equipment as well so he has the right tool for any job. Dude also has the ability to rescue staves which is always great.

So overall Tsubaki is actually a decent unit? This is better then I thought. Both Hinata and Tsubaki have good uses. I'm pretty happy about this tbh.

So overall Tsubaki is actually a decent unit? This is better then I thought. Both Hinata and Tsubaki have good uses. I'm pretty happy about this tbh.

The only outright bad units in Hosh are Tsukuyomi and Mozume.

The only outright bad units in Hosh are Tsukuyomi and Mozume.

Says the guy who thinks that Gunther is better than Mozume in Nohr route and fails to realize that Mozume is a better bow user than Zero. :P

The problem with Hinata and Subaki, IMHO, is that they have growth rates that resemble a tank when their starting classes are glass cannon units. I think IIRC from the forum discussions, they should have reclass options that allows them to be reclassed into "tank" units (Blacksmith or Shura for Hinata, and Weaponmaster for Subaki). I still don't see how many find Hinata to be a better Trueblade than someone like Hana. Sure, Hinata will take more hits due to his growth rates, but his speed growth rates are atrocious despite his good starting base stats. Hana makes a better Trueblade since Trueblades are meant to be glass cannon units where they can double strike and murder people with high strength while having enough speed to be dodgy to avoid being hit (although I should remind everyone that using someone with high speed as a "dodge tank" tends to be really risky).

Another thing to note that Hinata's personal skill (Desperate Struggle) is more or less a weaker version of Counter, which could explain why his stats tend to be tanky. On the other hand, Subaki's Perfectionist skill would have been more useful if he was given better speed growth and caps.

On the other hand, their children (Hisame and Matoi respectfully) are better units than Hinata and Subaki.

On the other hand, Subaki's Perfectionist skill would have been more useful if he was given better speed growth and caps.

People really talked up that personal skill (and it's helpful that he can heal with the pegasus skill) but you're going to have a bad time if you think he's going to be dodging attacks to keep his health at max. Why would a 'tanky' unit have a skill that helps him dodge anyway? Kazahana should have got that.

Says the guy who thinks that Gunther is better than Mozume in Nohr route and fails to realize that Mozume is a better bow user than Zero. :P
The problem with Hinata and Subaki, IMHO, is that they have growth rates that resemble a tank when their starting classes are glass cannon units. I think IIRC from the forum discussions, they should have reclass options that allows them to be reclassed into "tank" units (Blacksmith or Shura for Hinata, and Weaponmaster for Subaki). I still don't see how many find Hinata to be a better Trueblade than someone like Hana. Sure, Hinata will take more hits due to his growth rates, but his speed growth rates are atrocious despite his good starting base stats. Hana makes a better Trueblade since Trueblades are meant to be glass cannon units where they can double strike and murder people with high strength while having enough speed to be dodgy to avoid being hit (although I should remind everyone that using someone with high speed as a "dodge tank" tends to be really risky).
Another thing to note that Hinata's personal skill (Desperate Struggle) is more or less a weaker version of Counter, which could explain why his stats tend to be tanky. On the other hand, Subaki's Perfectionist skill would have been more useful if he was given better speed growth and caps.
On the other hand, their children (Hisame and Matoi respectfully) are better units than Hinata and Subaki.
Nope. I'm not touching this post with a 50ft pole.
People really talked up that personal skill (and it's helpful that he can heal with the pegasus skill) but you're going to have a bad time if you think he's going to be dodging attacks to keep his health at max. Why would a 'tanky' unit have a skill that helps him dodge anyway? Kazahana should have got that.
She's already dodgy enough, if she had that personal it would be hilarious.

Ignoring the Mozume part

Reclassing Hinata into the Oni line cuts his really good base speed into meh and he now has to deal with E-clubs which are pretty bad. Hinata's speed growth is pretty irrelevant for the most part when he can double everything anyways. Base 14 Speed, +1 from using Katanas, +2 from Tonics, + 3 from Trueblade bonuses and then any speed pair up partner puts him at 20+ spd which doubles everything in the game except Maids, Beserkers, Heroes, Bow Knights, Paladins, Sorcerers, and Strategists. The latter 3 he only needs like a point or 2 to double. The late game however is littered with armors which everyone and their mother can double and you spend 70% of the game fighting unpromoted units. Sure Trueblade Hana may have better offense than Trueblade Hinata, but Hinata has way better bulk and requires less investment than Hana since he comes up good to go while Hana needs a couple of levels. And there is no reason you can't have 2-3 Trueblades. Trueblade > Weapon Master since the Trueblade passives are really good and going weapon master just leaves you 2 E ranks which won't ever do much. Reclassing Baki into Samura/Weapon Master is one of the worst things you can do. It takes all of the redeeming qualities of Baki and makes him into a worse Hinata. Baki is already pretty bulky as a peg as well and can fairly easily push getting 3hko'd by bowman/thieves in the early-mid game and there are barely any bows in the late game.

Reclassing them is pretty much a straight up down grade and a waste of a parallel seal. You get 1 parallel seal from the level 1 shop until you get the one from the village in chapter 13. Kamui and the Servant use the first seal way better than a reclassed Hinata/Baki. When they do get the next chance to reclass, Ryoma joins at the end of chapter 13 and dealing with scrubs at that point is just not worth it. Hinata remains relevant because of his really good bases, good bulk and the Trueblade qualities. Baki is relevant because of Flight, High move, Staves(Rescue), solid offense, and his good bulk. Take those things away and then there is no point in using them.

Reclassing Hinata into the Oni line cuts his really good base speed into meh and he now has to deal with E-clubs which are pretty bad. Hinata's speed growth is pretty irrelevant for the most part when he can double everything anyways. Base 14 Speed, +1 from using Katanas, +2 from Tonics, + 3 from Trueblade bonuses and then any speed pair up partner puts him at 20+ spd which doubles everything in the game except Maids, Beserkers, Heroes, Bow Knights, Paladins, Sorcerers, and Strategists. The latter 3 he only needs like a point or 2 to double. The late game however is littered with armors which everyone and their mother can double and you spend 70% of the game fighting unpromoted units. Sure Trueblade Hana may have better offense than Trueblade Hinata, but Hinata has way better bulk and requires less investment than Hana since he comes up good to go while Hana needs a couple of levels. And there is no reason you can't have 2-3 Trueblades. Trueblade > Weapon Master since the Trueblade passives are really good and going weapon master just leaves you 2 E ranks which won't ever do much. Reclassing Baki into Samura/Weapon Master is one of the worst things you can do. It takes all of the redeeming qualities of Baki and makes him into a worse Hinata. Baki is already pretty bulky as a peg as well and can fairly easily push getting 3hko'd by bowman/thieves in the early-mid game and there are barely any bows in the late game.

Reclassing them is pretty much a straight up down grade and a waste of a parallel seal. You get 1 parallel seal from the level 1 shop until you get the one from the village in chapter 13. Kamui and the Servant use the first seal way better than a reclassed Hinata/Baki. When they do get the next chance to reclass, Ryoma joins at the end of chapter 13 and dealing with scrubs at that point is just not worth it. Hinata remains relevant because of his really good bases, good bulk and the Trueblade qualities. Baki is relevant because of Flight, High move, Staves(Rescue), solid offense, and his good bulk. Take those things away and then there is no point in using them.

Wait, I thought you can get more parallel seals via upgrade the item shop or visiting another player's My Castle with a level 3 item shop? Although I do personally agree that using a Parallel Seal on Hinata and Subaki is a waste since there are other characters that will outclass them in the lategame (i.e. Hana and Ryouma will completely outclass Hinata as a Trueblade while Hinoka and Oboro will outclass Subaki as any lance user) and there are better candidates for the Parallel Seal. In fact, Mozume needs the Parallel Seal way more in any route than Hinata and Subaki does.

Anyways, are you saying that 99% of the time, characters with higher base stats, but lower growth rates (i.e. Hinata having high base speed stat, but lower speed growths, Subaki, and Gunter) are usually better than characters with lower base stats, but higher growth rates (i.e. Hana and Mozume). Because IIRC, Hana's starting stats were a tad lower than Hinata (especially in the HP, defense, luck, and resistance department), but Hana has much higher strength, skill, and speed growth in comparison in Hinata and is a stronger lategame Trueblade when compared to Hinata.

Wait, I thought you can get more parallel seals via upgrade the item shop or visiting another player's My Castle with a level 3 item shop?

You do. I think Shephen subscribes to a "only the basics" set of rules for the game. No DLC, nothing gained from visiting other players, etc.

You do. I think Shephen subscribes to a "only the basics" set of rules for the game. No DLC, nothing gained from visiting other players, etc.

Generally, it isn't good to include these in strategies, since not all players have access to them.

My Castle can be included, but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't let you upgrade the buildings past certain points until you're far enough into the story. The vendors can't be upgraded to 2 until C13, and 3 until C20.

Wait, I thought you can get more parallel seals via upgrade the item shop or visiting another player's My Castle with a level 3 item shop? Although I do personally agree that using a Parallel Seal on Hinata and Subaki is a waste since there are other characters that will outclass them in the lategame (i.e. Hana and Ryouma will completely outclass Hinata as a Trueblade while Hinoka and Oboro will outclass Subaki as any lance user) and there are better candidates for the Parallel Seal. In fact, Mozume needs the Parallel Seal way more in any route than Hinata and Subaki does.

Outclassed does not mean bad. The early game and mid game are the majority of the game and Hinata and Baki are really good then. They are still pretty good in the late game as well. There is no difference between 20 Str and 30 Str if both still orko which Hinata and Baki can still do.

Anyways, are you saying that 99% of the time, characters with higher base stats, but lower growth rates (i.e. Hinata having high base speed stat, but lower speed growths, Subaki, and Gunter) are usually better than characters with lower base stats, but higher growth rates (i.e. Hana and Mozume). Because IIRC, Hana's starting stats were a tad lower than Hinata (especially in the HP, defense, luck, and resistance department), but Hana has much higher strength, skill, and speed growth in comparison in Hinata and is a stronger lategame Trueblade when compared to Hinata.

Bases have always been better than growths in basically every Fire Emblem game except for like FE12 and 13 where they are still really important to a unit. Baki has 7/8 Move(Which is more than most of Hoshido), Flight(which is useful in about half a dozen chapters), and can use Rescue Staffs as a Falco since they are E. Hana needs quite a bit exp to get going and start functioning. Hinata doesn't really need much to function.

Generally, it isn't good to include these in strategies, since not all players have access to them.

My Castle can be included, but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't let you upgrade the buildings past certain points until you're far enough into the story. The vendors can't be upgraded to 2 until C13, and 3 until C20.

The game offers two lists of My Castles, one is sorted by visiting points and the other is sorted by battle points.

Usually they will have lv3 vendors.

The game offers two lists of My Castles, one is sorted by visiting points and the other is sorted by battle points.

Usually they will have lv3 vendors.

Unless the game includes premade NPC My Castles to browse, that doesn't change the part where not everyone has access to them - not everyone has easy WiFi or Streetpass access.