Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that should be fine. As long as it's a recognizable FE related/focused piece you're good to go. If that requirement is met you can do whatever creative stuff you like, including OCs and such.

If you're writing a story and aren't sure if it would qualify, send a PM to Eclipse and describe it more thoroughly and I'm sure she'd be glad to evaluate.

Well it can't be any worse than the end times I am sure of that, and that is canon material, and don't get me started on age of sigmar

People who live in european contries can receive the prize?

Yup, we'll ship to Europe. But a European 3DS won't play Fates, and you'll still need a converter if you want to play the Famicom games on a western console.

can you do music?

Yup, go for it.

I doubt I'll enter but I appreciate the work that's gone into arranging this. Hope all goes smoothly.

I'll be eagerly looking forward to everyone's submissions : )

*Hurries off to furiously cook up some new badges*

Do you want help? FE10 Mia please

I could probably give it a try (I suck at drawing, stories are better for me).

I'm just wondering what would happen if I win because:

• I don't live in USA (Just checked about that but...)
  • What if the only price that is available is the second price but you don't own a SNES/NES or N64?
Edited by Nym

I could probably give it a try (I suck at drawing, stories are better for me).

I'm just wondering what would happen if I win because:

• What if the only price that is available is the second price but you don't own a SNES/NES or N64?

Well, it's up to you whether or not it's worth it to put work into a submission if the prizes don't appeal to you, I suppose. You could still own them for collection purposes and enjoy the art books if you don't have a means to play the games, but otherwise there isn't much that can be done. You'd be entering the event for fun at that point, and could either give your prize away or let us pass it on to someone else if you don't find value in simply owning them,.

Edited by Tangerine

Well if I'm feeling particularly crazy I might try my hand at writing a story for this even though stories are probably are a heavy disadvantage here (as that's the only media I have any talent at, lol).

Is there a particular format you'd prefer written submissions to be submitted in? Google Docs, attaching a file in a PM, hosted to some other site? Don't know what would be easiest for you in terms of putting it up for voting later.

I imagine that written works on the longer side would be a bit of a disadvantage, but even so we'll make sure that SF's writers get the attention they deserve regardless of where they place. We'll probably have some follow-up articles after the event to showcase some of our staff's personal favorite entries!

Anything that allows us to just click a link to see and read your story. That's easier for voters too.

I'll regret this, but for now /in

Either I skipped an important part of the post or I didn't see anything about shipping. What will happen if the winner is not american? Can they opt for a digital version instead?

because I kind of live in dagobah

Edited by Rapier

Dear writers: If SF's past secret santas were any indication (go search them out on this subforum), writing doesn't necessarily put you at a disadvantage! I don't mind lending those who wish to write a hand!

Sure, I'll give this a shot.

It sounds like a good opportunity to show off and improve my nonexistent skills.

lol, I don't even know if I can make the deadline because I'm a huge procrastinator.

Just to confirm; The top prizes are either an old FE game that won't play on my European SNES or a copy of Fates that won't play on my European 3DS, right?

The only thing that keeps you from playing super famicom games on a snes are two little plastic tabs in the cartridge slot. These can be removed with pliers or an exacto knife.

You can also mod your nes by opening it up to get at at the mother board and cutting one of the pins on the lockout chip with wire cutters. you can also buy the top loader version, which has no lockout (many modern products that allow you to play nes and snes games, like the retron 5, do not include any type of lockout.)

That being said, it will stink for the second place winner if the first place winner picks the old school bundle, and the second place winner is not american.

Edited by sirmola

I might be willing to enter this myself, if just t

Also, who knows? There might be some more prizes for this that even Tangerine herself doesn't know about yet!

I'll regret this, but for now /in

Either I skipped an important part of the post or I didn't see anything about shipping. What will happen if the winner is not american? Can they opt for a digital version instead?

because I kind of live in dagobah

If the winner isn't in the US and they don't want the additional goodies from the LE bundle, we can probably cancel the pre-order and do something else. But the game isn't announced for release in other regions yet and it's not exactly something we can predict.

Also, can the story can be like directly be written on the PM? (Or I can just copy-paste it from Word)

That's fine, but ideally you'd use google docs or something like that.

I might be willing to enter this myself, if just t

Hopefully it'll be just t then.

Edited by Tangerine

Hey, it's not all about the votes, we want to give all of our members their chance in the spotlight to show off their work. You don't have to be the greatest!

Good luck :P:.

Edited by Tangerine