Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added some more news in the third post I reserved in the thread!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58937&p=4114793

Our amiibo raffle is now good to go and we'll be hosting it for event participants after it concludes.

Is a collection of comic strips considered as a single creation?

And thanks for the contest, the prizes are awesome(especially the oldschool one!)

Do you have an example of what you're thinking of submitting? If it's a singular story that you're telling through the comic strips, I don't see why it'd be an issue. Just make sure they're presented together in a readable fashion and not all linked separately. Like a comic page I guess?

Edited by Tangerine

Should I be surprised that that came up?

Would a video work? Like a tribute to FE or something akin to it.

That depends on what you mean by video. A video submission would certainly be allowed if it followed the rules of the event. But if you're talking about something like an AMV that uses music and images from other artists, I don't think that'd fit within the criteria.

Edited by Tangerine

That depends on what you mean by video. A video submission would certainly be allowed if it followed the rules of the event. But if you're talking about something like an AMV that uses music and images from other artists, I don't think that'd fit within the criteria.

I was thinking using Smash Brothers and making a cool montage with the 5 FE characters in Smash 4 staying true to the series with various edits and stuff throughout. Does that still go against the rules?

Added some more news in the third post I reserved in the thread!

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=58937&p=4114793

Our amiibo raffle is now good to go and we'll be hosting it for event participants after it concludes.

Do you have an example of what you're thinking of submitting? If it's a singular story that you're telling through the comic strips, I don't see why it'd be an issue. Just make sure they're presented together in a readable fashion and not all linked separately. Like a comic page I guess?

I was planing to do some yonkomas, so there is no plot who connect the stories together(although I will try to represent every FE game)

If I got my hands on that old school prize I probably wouldn't even play the games. Just have them sitting on the mantle. Maybe framed. Though the fact that I don't speak Japanese would have more of an affect on that decision than a love of collector's items/unwillingness to mod consoles.

Edited by Jotari

I think...I'd like to try, not of course for the prizes, but to at least try for fun :D: I do have a piece in mind that I would need to *coughs* ink and colour...

Good luck! No harm at all in giving it a shot :P:.

I made a bit of art for this! :) How do we submit it? Send you a PM with it attached, or...?

Yup, just send me a PM with your submission. You do have two months though, so you don't have to submit one right away if you think you can still improve upon it. No rush!

...can i submit a rom hack? (it's like the only thing FE related that I'm remotely good at)

No, that wouldn't be allowed. ROM hacks and fangames in their current form contain copyrighted assets, and 99% of the time contain work done by other users as well.

There is a yearly event held on SF for fangames though, just usually around the summer.

----

I'll answer the questions I missed later today. I'm glad to see so much interest in the event!

Your submission must be Fire Emblem related. Your stories, pictures, etc can have original characters or locations in them, but be sure that it can be easily recognized as a Fire Emblem piece.

Basically, yes

Hopefully I get picked for the Ike amiibo in the raffle as I already have Marth.

Actually, that begs the question: If someone wins the raffle for the amiibo they already own, would it be possible to trade it for the other one? Like, if I win Marth, could I trade it for Ike, or would I have to talk to the other winner?

Well I'll give it a shot. I have an idea :)

Actually, that begs the question: If someone wins the raffle for the amiibo they already own, would it be possible to trade it for the other one? Like, if I win Marth, could I trade it for Ike, or would I have to talk to the other winner?

Annnd I don't have a NES or SNES, so if I get the oldschool prize...I'd probably sell it on Ebay. Really I'm more interested in the newschool one. So I'm wondering the same thing pretty much. Would I be able to trade it? Would it be okay to sell it? I probably won't win that but you never know.

Edited by Dragoncat

Definitely going to join in. I can't wait to see other peoples works. I'm also impressed for the effort that has been put for the prizes and everything. The competition seems very interesting and community-friendly, and it also gives me a great chance to improve myself on my own art.

That said, My only problem will probably be mild time issues, since starting January, I have military service and my free time will shrink to 0%. I guess I just gotta hurry and start arranging some FE melodies :P:

Definitely going to join in. I can't wait to see other peoples works. I'm also impressed for the effort that has been put for the prizes and everything. The competition seems very interesting and community-friendly, and it also gives me a great chance to improve myself on my own art.

That said, My only problem will probably be mild time issues, since starting January, I have military service and my free time will shrink to 0%. I guess I just gotta hurry and start arranging some FE melodies :P:

The way I see it, you'll soon have an army at your disposal. Sneak a camcorder in and about fifty swords and then make a live action reenactment.

Annnd I don't have a NES or SNES, so if I get the oldschool prize...I'd probably sell it on Ebay. Really I'm more interested in the newschool one. So I'm wondering the same thing pretty much. Would I be able to trade it? Would it be okay to sell it? I probably won't win that but you never know.

Well, the thing is, you have a choice for the prizes. I don't think there is one for the raffle...

But if you win it in second place (because someone else got the Fates pack), you could always give it to me! :)

Edited by Power Master