Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

The way I see it, you'll soon have an army at your disposal. Sneak a camcorder in and about fifty swords and then make a live action reenactment.

Hell yeah, but that would be an instant first place xD

Well, the thing is, you have a choice for the prizes. I don't think there is one for the raffle...

But if you win it in second place (because someone else got the Fates pack), you could always give it to me! :)

I might just keep it for the coolness factor even if I can't play it, but it is a big if.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, you'll soon have an army at your disposal. Sneak a camcorder in and about fifty swords and then make a live action reenactment.

That would be AWESOME!! Someone please do this!! I really like the idea! Unfortunately I don't have the sort of resources to do such a thing D:

On a side note I think I will scan a picture into my computer and ink/colour it there :D:

FRUITBEAST, YOU SLY SO-AND-SO! Keep it up, and yer going to outdo me in the mischief department! :V

Seriously though, this shit is wiggy af and i want in. Now....

to figure out what to do....

Is cosplay also acceptable??

Hhhmmm...it sounds fun...and it wouldn't hurt to see what I could pull off......All right, I'm in! I'm gonna Draw! Not only do I wanna see how good others are (and see what cool stuff others make because I've seen some really cool fan stuff in the past few weeks), but also see if I can learn from others and get better(I can draw pretty good, but I could be a lot better)! However, I'm not gonna lie...being a BIG FE:PoR and FE:RD fan kinda motivates me a bit more to at least get 10'th place (or higher if I can).:3

I'm really happy this is around Christmas break (12'th grader here :3), so I have a few weeks of free time to get it done!

*Question though* (just to be safe), Can I make my own (somewhat legit) FE game box art (even with the console labels at the top [Ex."Only for:Nintendo GameCube"]?

It's gonna be original, but still, just asking to be sure. :3

No, that wouldn't be allowed. ROM hacks and fangames in their current form contain copyrighted assets, and 99% of the time contain work done by other users as well.

There is a yearly event held on SF for fangames though, just usually around the summer.

awwww, no chance at prizes for me :(

back to my shadowy corner of college applications...

Sorry for the late replies on some of these, I got home late tonight and decided to wait for a friend.

I was thinking using Smash Brothers and making a cool montage with the 5 FE characters in Smash 4 staying true to the series with various edits and stuff throughout. Does that still go against the rules?

I'd be leaning towards no on this one. Since official artwork can't be utilized, it'd be a bit unfair to artists if we allowed a submission to be based entirely around videogame footage.

I was planing to do some yonkomas, so there is no plot who connect the stories together(although I will try to represent every FE game)

I think it'd be okay, as long as the comic strips are all together on a single "page" for people to view easily.

Question.

Does a coded Editor counts?

Like FE4 Portrait editor or like that?

This seems more like something you'd want to submit to our fangame event. I think the idea you PMed me with would be better to work on for this one!

Well I'll give it a shot. I have an idea :)

Annnd I don't have a NES or SNES, so if I get the oldschool prize...I'd probably sell it on Ebay. Really I'm more interested in the newschool one. So I'm wondering the same thing pretty much. Would I be able to trade it? Would it be okay to sell it? I probably won't win that but you never know.

The oldschool package can't really be traded. It's not something we have on pre-order like the Fates package, they're items that we already own and we can't trade them in for something else of equal value. That's partly why the items in that package could all be considered items worth owning for the sake of owning them; it's up to the individual how much value they place in each.

You're free to do whatever you want with the prizes! If you've done well enough to earn them, we certainly won't try to stop you from using them as you wish :P:. That said, you'd be selling off some pretty cool mementos and you might regret it later!

Hopefully I get picked for the Ike amiibo in the raffle as I already have Marth.

Actually, that begs the question: If someone wins the raffle for the amiibo they already own, would it be possible to trade it for the other one? Like, if I win Marth, could I trade it for Ike, or would I have to talk to the other winner?

We could probably just allow the first raffle winner to pick which one they want and then raffle the second off to minimize the chances of that happening. There's no fair way to ensure 100% that both raffle winners won't already own the amiibo they win. It's an outcome that can't be completely prevented when giving out a randomized reward.

Definitely going to join in. I can't wait to see other peoples works. I'm also impressed for the effort that has been put for the prizes and everything. The competition seems very interesting and community-friendly, and it also gives me a great chance to improve myself on my own art.

That said, My only problem will probably be mild time issues, since starting January, I have military service and my free time will shrink to 0%. I guess I just gotta hurry and start arranging some FE melodies :P:

I hope you'll be able to work things out, but don't force yourself to work too hard if it's not looking likely :P:! If you aren't able to make the deadline but get a solid amount of work into it, you can always complete your submission soon after and I'd be happy to add it to a follow-up article. There are already two other submissions that I've had to refuse that I'll be showing off in the post-event article.

If this were the only submission we received, I would consider the event a success.

FRUITBEAST, YOU SLY SO-AND-SO! Keep it up, and yer going to outdo me in the mischief department! :V

Seriously though, this shit is wiggy af and i want in. Now....

to figure out what to do....

Is cosplay also acceptable??

Yup, if you can get your cosplay done within the time limit there's no way we'd turn it down. Pretty much anything you can think to create will be accepted as long as it's something you've made yourself.

Hhhmmm...it sounds fun...and it wouldn't hurt to see what I could pull off......All right, I'm in! I'm gonna Draw! Not only do I wanna see how good others are (and see what cool stuff others make because I've seen some really cool fan stuff in the past few weeks), but also see if I can learn from others and get better(I can draw pretty good, but I could be a lot better)! However, I'm not gonna lie...being a BIG FE:PoR and FE:RD fan kinda motivates me a bit more to at least get 10'th place (or higher if I can).:3

I'm really happy this is around Christmas break (12'th grader here :3), so I have a few weeks of free time to get it done!

*Question though* (just to be safe), Can I make my own (somewhat legit) FE game box art (even with the console labels at the top [Ex."Only for:Nintendo GameCube"]?
It's gonna be original, but still, just asking to be sure. :3

If the box art itself is 100% made by you and does not utilize art from official or unofficial sources, it should be fine. I don't think anyone is going to cry foul because a mockup had a label on it; your submission is the art.

Thanks for all of the questions, I'm excited to see what everyone decides to do!

Edited by Tangerine

I probably will write a story about ''myself'' (no, not Robin the Avatar) in a different story of Awakening (there will some times hint about the original game but that's about it). Is that alright?

xD. Now I know what I'm asking for christmas present :P:.

I would freakin' love to see that SOOO much! Heck,I'd probably even pay for it! :3

It would be cool to make one myself too (not army size wise, but something close-ish)! :3

Edited by Busterman64

No, it will not be very convenient to read more than 10 strips on one line.

I was more thinking about doing something like this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57762.

53.jpg

If this is what you mean from that thread, it'd probably be too much to accept so many from one person, but I'll ask a few friends what they think about it and get back to you. If it's something you wanted to do anyway, then maybe just submit your favorites?

If I was to submit FE GBA sprites, would that be considered copyright? I have some lords and even originals sprites that I made a while back.

I'm not sure what you mean. If the sprites you make are splices, then yes they're using copyrighted assets. If they're full customs and you're recreating an existing FE character in your own style or something, go for it.

If you mean, like, a collection of map or battle sprites or something, as long as you've made them yourself from scratch they're fine.

What about and interpretive dance number?

Hey, if you can make it outwardly Fire Emblem related, go for it! lol.

I probably will write a story about ''myself'' (no, not Robin the Avatar) in a different story of Awakening (there will some times hint about the original game but that's about it). Is that alright?

As long as it is clearly Fire Emblem related, it's fine. FE characters, events, locations, etc. However you want to do it.

EDIT: oh and yes, we'll ship to asia. I updated the FAQ concerning shipping.

Edited by Tangerine

I'm planning on writing something, and I saw that you'd prefer if stories were hosted on Google Docs or something similar. How does that work out if entries are supposed to be anonymous?

Edited by wvype

If your account name is the same as your SF name I suppose it'd not be anonymous, but anonymity is up to the user for this event.

It doesn't have to be google docs specifically, it was just an example of something we can link to for voters. You can upload it to anything else if you'd like, anything that we can link to and allow users to read it easily. For submissions that aren't sent to me that way, I'll just make a thread in written works myself for each submission and link to those threads during voting. Honestly, I might just do that anyway for the sake of uniformity. So you can just send the story to me as a PM and I'll do that if you like.

Edit: Since this seems to be a common question, I just added it to the FAQ and we'll do it like that.

Edited by Tangerine

Some good news for our PAL friends! If someone in that region wins the contest and selects the Fates prize, VincentASM (UK resident) volunteered to get the PAL version on pre-order for us so we could pay for it in US dollars. There isn't a release date set for the PAL version yet, but were a European to win who doesn't mind waiting for the release to get a copy of the game they can actually play, we promise to get you a copy now!

ayyy do we have to limit how much we send or can we send a script in its entirety? Not like a fanfic but a legit storyline for a hack.

There isn't a word limit, but there is likely to be a pretty significant disadvantage in submitting a very long story. As long as you're fine with that and are certain it's the type of submission you want to go with, there's no problem at all :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

Like...so, see, Fire Emblem games, they change settings a lot. So, you know, does 'related to Fire Emblem' mean 'In a pre-established Fire Emblem setting'? Or, would it be fine to just have a medieval world with lances that beat swords that beat axes, magic, and dragon people? You know, like...it's very apparently a Fire Emblem setting, but it's not, you know...an actual Fire Emblem setting. I know it said original locations, but I wanted to ask since this is more like an original setting conforming to the general setting rules.

No, it will not be very convenient to read more than 10 strips on one line.

I was more thinking about doing something like this: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=57762.

Thought more about this with a friend, and we ended up deciding that it'd probably be okay as long as it's submitted as a single unit/album type of thing rather than needing to link to each separately or having it all over the place. It sounds like it's a series with a theme from the way you describe it, so more of a big project rather than multiple submissions.

Like...so, see, Fire Emblem games, they change settings a lot. So, you know, does 'related to Fire Emblem' mean 'In a pre-established Fire Emblem setting'? Or, would it be fine to just have a medieval world with lances that beat swords that beat axes, magic, and dragon people? You know, like...it's very apparently a Fire Emblem setting, but it's not, you know...an actual Fire Emblem setting. I know it said original locations, but I wanted to ask since this is more like an original setting conforming to the general setting rules.

I would say try to keep it within the FE universe rather than writing what sounds like a new story that has nothing to do with the rest of the series outside of some common themes. You could have a cast of completely original characters if it took place in an existing FE world and it was clearly a part of it (or vice versa). For example, something as obscure as writing a story about the farmers in FE9 and how you interpret their lives to have been affected by x events.

When in doubt, send a PM to eclipse and go into more detail about what you want to do and I'm sure she'd be happy to evaluate. I trust her opinion completely on whether or not a story meets the qualifications.