Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

Are we able to make suggestions for the badges we'll receive?

Also, one of my original ideas was going to be a "spoof" of a Fire Emblem game (essentially, my own FE game), but I would need more than two months to learn the engine and make it. I wonder how many people would've played that, though...

Edited by Power Master

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily member registrations nearly doubled after the announcement of the event, it's nice to see so much interest! Hopefully you guys will find SF to your liking :P:.

Are we able to make suggestions for the badges we'll receive?

Also, one of my original ideas was going to be a "spoof" of a Fire Emblem game (essentially, my own FE game), but I would need more than two months to learn the engine and make it. I wonder how many people would've played that, though...

The badges we have planned for early access for the event are part of an experimental set that are a little different from our traditional FE badges, so there isn't a need for suggestions I don't think. We'll see what Vincent decides to do.

I want a badge of Mia :x

So, thanks for the reply, i will try to do this on time. But yeah two month is a little short :x

Anyway, will the custom manual be available on line too? I think it will be sad if there exists only one of this :x

The competition is definitely interesting and worth participating. Congratulations to the hosts of the event. Undeniably, its goal, to have fun, has already been reached.

Personally, I would like to inquire about some details. :)
1) Does an early entry have an "advantage?" Like being presented earlier to the public.
2) In order to enter do I simply PM and then...? How can I send a file of my "creation"?
3) Will the procedure of choosing the winner be different, depending on the number of participants? How do you think a larger amount of voters can be gathered?

Thank you for viewing my questions. I wish only the best to you and the community :D Happy holidays everyone!

Edited by J.D. King

I want a badge of Mia :x

So, thanks for the reply, i will try to do this on time. But yeah two month is a little short :x

Anyway, will the custom manual be available on line too? I think it will be sad if there exists only one of this :x

No worries, if you can't complete it in time you can just submit the ones you do finish as a project :P.

The competition is definitely interesting and worth participating. Congratulations to the hosts of the event. Undeniably, its goal, to have fun, has already been reached.

Personally, I would like to inquire about some details. :)

1) Does an early entry have an "advantage?" Like being presented earlier to the public.

2) In order to enter do I simply PM and then...? How can I send a file of my "creation"?

3) Will the procedure of choosing the winner be different, depending on the number of participants? How do you think a larger amount of voters can be gathered?

Thank you for viewing my questions. I wish only the best to you and the community :D Happy holidays everyone!

Happy holidays to you too!

1. Nope.

2. Depends on what you want to submit exactly. If it's like, a physical thing or a drawing/painting/illustration of some kind, you can just upload a pic of it to an image hosting site like imgur and send me that via PM.

3. Yes, if we get a ton of submissions of different types we'll most likely split the submissions into categories and then do a final vote with the top 5-10 of each combined.

3.2. As for voters, I don't think we'll have much issue getting a lot of voters. I host random polls sometimes in specific sections and typically get around 100-150 voters without ever advertising the threads, with how much attention this is getting we can easily get more than that.

edit: Or were you asking how you could get a lot of voters to vote for your submission?

Edited by Tangerine

Happy holidays to you too!

1. Nope.

2. Depends on what you want to submit exactly. If it's like, a physical thing or a drawing/painting/illustration of some kind, you can just upload a pic of it to an image hosting site like imgur and send me that via PM.

3. Yes, if we get a ton of submissions of different types we'll most likely split the submissions into categories and then do a final vote with the top 5-10 of each combined.

3.2. As for voters, I don't think we'll have much issue getting a lot of voters. I host random polls sometimes in specific sections and typically get around 100-150 voters without ever advertising the threads, with how much attention this is getting we can easily get more than that.

edit: Or were you asking how you could get a lot of voters to vote for your submission?

Thank you for the quick reply. :)

Oh my, if 150-200 is the norm, I can scarcely imagine how many can be gathered.

Haha, nah, I meant the first one. The answer to the latter, I believe is to create something memorable, that's interesting and enchanting... Is there a different way? :P

Edited by J.D. King

Are the game manuals for the Oldschool prize going to be written in English (due to that being both yours and Specta's language), or in Japanese to keep with it's original format? Or both?

Not sure if this has been answered before, didn't see anything about it in the thread, but once submissions are sent in, is there somewhere where they are posted or will no submissions be showcased until after the period of submission has ended?

Oh, I forgot to reply to that, you reminded me lol.

I dunno, it's probably not necessary. They're not going to be full-blown game guides, just something we're doing for fun with like 10-15 pages each. There will be useful information from the website in them, as well as some stuff we add on our own, and a whole lot of silliness. The goal isn't at all professionalism (neither of us could be considered artists) lol. If the winner wants to share them they're free to.

And yes, they'll be in English.

Not sure if this has been answered before, didn't see anything about it in the thread, but once submissions are sent in, is there somewhere where they are posted or will no submissions be showcased until after the period of submission has ended?

We'll probably just wait until the voting phase to reveal any submissions. Edited by Tangerine

Oh! And one last thing (I apologise, I forgot to add it above :/). Is an already made "creation," like a published fanfic, or art on a site, valid to enter?

Preferrably not. I'll turn them down for the most part, we'd really like to see new things made specifically for the event. Otherwise it's not really "participating", lol.

Edit: Just to explain further, by accepting things completed previous to the event, there's no way we can confirm that they didn't have much more time to work on their project than people who only learned of it when it was officially announced. If someone started working on something recently and want to work on it for the event I don't have a problem with it, but if it was completed a long time prior to the announcement there's no way I can tell that that person didn't get to put a lot more time into it.

Edited by Tangerine

Alright, thanks for responding so quickly! I should've specified my question further though because I forgot to mention one thing, sorry.

Can the music be completely original or does it have to be an remix/arrangement/medley of existing FE songs? This was actually one of the reasons I asked my question in the first place but I somehow failed to include this information. Sorry to bother you.

Honestly, I think a bit of freedom with music related submissions is fine, as long as there is an intention to make it FE-related, if that makes sense. If the goal is to, say, write a fitting theme for a character or something then I think something original should be totally okay.

Thanks for such an awesome contest, you are all so generous to be giving out such wonderful prizes!

I will enter, because it seems like something really fun to try. I'll try and make a really creative piece, hopefully I can improve my skills and make it into the top ten or something, haha. I'd like to get better at drawing, so hopefully this'll help. As long as I submit something I'm proud of though, I'll be happy.

Now the difficult part, brainstorming for ideas.

Also I'll basically say hello, I didn't make an account here to enter but thought I'd lurk less and participate in this thread since this contest is so cool and I feel I should let you guys know that.

Just a Quick question in regard to original content as far as story development goes for this contest.

1. What would be seen as "recognizable Fire Emblem" type material? Are we talking as simple as the triangle weapons, the locations, or does there have to be a direct tie into the past? I.e. Characters from the series must have direct ties to the story?

2. Will the story be checked over for grammar and editing, in regard to how perfect it's written given the short amount of time for writing?

3. You said there can't be more then one submission per person, so no second story then could be submitted after the first one is put up?

Just want to make sure I have all the rules in regard to the set up.

Thanks!

Just click someone's profile and then click "send me a message". You can click "full editor" afterwards to get the full post editor.

I did not know that O.O now that I do, should I send a link or the actual work itself? (I did a picture and have it posted online)