Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can describe it to me in a PM and send me what you want to submit. It should be fairly easy to figure out whether or not your submission breaks the original content rule, though. For example, if your submission is a drawing and someone else drew something that you've included in the picture, then it's not eligible. Tracing someone else's work would also not be accepted. That's really the only type of restrictions there are.

- If you've made it yourself and it doesn't use official material or material created by someone else, then there's little reason it wouldn't be accepted.

- If it DOES use official content in some form and you feel that it's deserving of an exception (for example, it was decided that song covers may use the official track for the song because the submission is the singing and they can't really exist separately), send me a PM and we'll talk about it.

Edited by Tangerine

Oh, right, this is a thing. . .which I'm, like, 40% done with.

I'll see if I can hammer the rest out by the deadline, but I'm running dry on inspiration.

EDIT: Some drunk crying girl downstairs just sucked out what little inspiration I had. I hope I have more luck tomorrow.

Edited by eclipse

I finally figured out what I wanted to do for this contest last week and now I'm am halfway done writing my short story. I never done anything like this, so I hope it'll be good. My only problem now is getting it done before the deadline...

I resubmitted my submission. This one I think turned out better than my original one, but I guess that's up to you guys :)

Can't wait to see what everyone else made at the end of this thing!

(Sorry if this has been asked)

Are we allowed to post our entry on another site (Deviantart, tumblr, etc.), before the contest results are in?

Oh, right, this is a thing. . .which I'm, like, 40% done with.

I'll see if I can hammer the rest out by the deadline, but I'm running dry on inspiration.

EDIT: Some drunk crying girl downstairs just sucked out what little inspiration I had. I hope I have more luck tomorrow.

Good luck! Hope things work out :P:.

(Sorry if this has been asked)

Are we allowed to post our entry on another site (Deviantart, tumblr, etc.), before the contest results are in?

Yup. Submissions are anonymous by default for people who prefer that, but anyone who wishes to share theirs with others is free to.

Edited by Tangerine

Ugh, I started my entry for the SF Scribbles thing … but being busy in life is kind of killing it. With another week left though, I'll have to try harder to give a fuck.

Hello :3 I've been a lurker for a long time and made an account just to enter this event. Seems like a lot of fun. ^^

I just have a quick question though. How can you be sure the votes would be fair? I saw that it'll be community based voting but wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose if there were people that would vote for their friends' submissions just for that fact? It probably can't be changed by now but I do think it would be better if mods were partial to judging to to decrease the amount of (possible) bias. ^^; Just my two cents.

//floats away

Hello :3 I've been a lurker for a long time and made an account just to enter this event. Seems like a lot of fun. ^^

I just have a quick question though. How can you be sure the votes would be fair? I saw that it'll be community based voting but wouldn't it kind of defeat the purpose if there were people that would vote for their friends' submissions just for that fact? It probably can't be changed by now but I do think it would be better if mods were partial to judging to to decrease the amount of (possible) bias. ^^; Just my two cents.

//floats away

I agree with this as well.

I also believe that this is where 'no inflation votes' would fall under? The idea that you can't make 100 accounts to vote for your entry or asking your friends to make accounts just so they can vote for yours wouldn't be allowed.

So you guys could judge the consensus of all the votes and then the judges can rate/judge the top 3 or 5 or whatever based on creativity, originality, execution, etc and decide the winners based on that, just to give a more authority voice for judging.

I've done judging for contests on deviantart and such in the past and having judges pick the winner tends to work the best, but that's just from my experience.

Eventually decided on music and currently have about 2 min., 15 seconds of the final product done. Writing this note by note is turning out to be difficult, but it should sound nice by the time I finish. . . . Hopefully. Thinking I'm probably 80% done. If I give it an hour each day for the next few days, maybe I can finish by Friday, just enough time to have some wiggle room.