Serenes Forest Scribbles - The results are in, check out the winners in the Scribbles section!

Tangerine

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure only one week will be enough for the written stories.

Split the poll into two seems also just. I mean, it's over 50 creations, I think it will be difficult for people to choose.

But anyway there is a lot of good creations, well done everyone!

I think that for a voter who's trying to get through every single entry before voting is going to have quite a hassle with the stories. May I suggest two weeks minimum to get through all the stories? They all tend to blend together if you read one after the other, and the longer ones may require more time to get through fully.

Sorry for taking so long to reply! Wasn't ignoring, just taking time to discuss our options.

I think our best option is to go with the original plan this late into the event, but we can extend each round to 6 days for a total of 12 so that voting ends on the 17th. Because the first round will allow you to vote for as many submissions as you want, there shouldn't be a lot of conflict with picking between your favorite entries, and by the 12th day you should have more than enough time to pick which one you'd like to see win it all.

We were concerned about the written entries from the very start, but we weren't sure that we'd receive enough submissions to warrant splitting the categories, and getting enough prizes to support it could have turned out to be a huge waste of money if the people didn't show up. We were pretty much aware that we'd run into challenges we didn't really have an answer for regardless of what we decided because there was such a huge question mark over the event: we'd never done one before! This event was definitely a learning experience for the SF staff, and I think the OP of this thread suggests that it was partly our intention to feel out what amount of people would be interested in something like this and what kind of audience we could draw to it so we could better plan any future events. We couldn't have possibly expected 135 submissions for our very first creative event, and I assure you we were as shocked as anyone else :P:.

[spoiler=jyo's eloquent shock]Jyosua: What the FUCK

Jyosua: That’s great

Jyosua: what the fuck

I wouldn't count the written entries out completely though, there are quite a few great ones in there, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they received a good share of votes! The writers in the FE fandom are a passionate bunch, and they'll surely show up in the voting phase to support the work that has been submitted.

With that said, we already have a basic idea of what we want to do next year based on the turnout this year, and both written works and misc (misc will be renamed of course, with all of the amazing entries we received in it there's no doubt it's deserving) will get their own category with separate prize pools.

I'd like to say that the response from the community has also been amazing; for the period after its opening, the Scribbles section was the most viewed section of the forum, and the only section on our forum to outnumber the Fates section in concurrent viewers since it was created. You guys have been great, I'm only sorry that we hadn't interacted this closely with the community sooner!

---

And yup, the SFS exclusive Marth badge is based off of the original FE commercial. Pretty obscure for a 25th Anniversary badge, but it seems that everyone's happy with it :P:.

Edited by Tangerine

Here's a hint

And yup, the SFS exclusive Marth badge is based off of the original FE commercial. Pretty obscure for a 25th Anniversary badge, but it seems that everyone's happy with it :P:.

Wait...so...the people with Marth are just the random people in that commercial? Er... *confuzzled*

Sorry for taking so long to reply! Wasn't ignoring, just taking time to discuss our options.

I think our best option is to go with the original plan this late into the event, but we can extend each round to 6 days for a total of 12 so that voting ends on the 17th. Because the first round will allow you to vote for as many submissions as you want, there shouldn't be a lot of conflict with picking between your favorite entries, and by the 12th day you should have more than enough time to pick which one you'd like to see win it all.

Haha, fair enough! It does seem like you guys got a hell of a lot more entries than you'd all originally expected, but in a way that's still great because it shows that the community really had a lot of fun with it.

Also, not sure where else to say this, but since I'm trying to remain as anonymous as possible I won't be replying to any responses I may receive for my entry until after all voting is over. 'Course, I suppose being completely anonymous is out of the picture :P:

Well, I've looked at each piece of art, miscellaneous and read each story entry.

So much talent! The hype was totally warranted - I've had fun looking at what everyone has created!

That being said, I'll probably have to go over them one more time before voting. I know we have unlimited votes for the first round, but I am trying to narrow it down to the top 25 I want to see in both categories.

I can't wait to see who the winner is. >.>

Well, I've looked at each piece of art, miscellaneous and read each story entry.

So much talent! The hype was totally warranted - I've had fun looking at what everyone has created!

That being said, I'll probably have to go over them one more time before voting. I know we have unlimited votes for the first round, but I am trying to narrow it down to the top 25 I want to see in both categories.

I can't wait to see who the winner is. >.>

I think I'll be narrowing it down to something like that too. It's tempting to vote for a lot more but well then the vote just becomes useless and it'll feel like anyone I don't vote for I'm condemning. Still though there's some series talent going round here. Particularly in the artwork section and some really surprising stuff in the misc.

Edited by Jotari

I just can not think of anything else other than how amazing all of the art is. And the stories and the misc. :XD: I am pretty certain that everyone did the best that they could and really that is all that matters :D: I would like to wish everyone the best of luck too!

Oh wow, I just had a cool concept for a story. Oh well, next year.

The only reason why I haven't swapped badges For Real is because Vincent threatened to delete Tormod. :(:

Call Muarim!

I voted in the art section but not yet in the other... To be honest, I'm a little nervous about seeing the total number of votes my entry received. >.> (I've never done a competition like this before - it was exciting to enter but now I almost fear being judged as unworthy).

I'm just being a weirdo - I'll vote before the 10th (because some entries are super awesome and the writing section definitely needs more love) but maybe I won't even look at the results... <.<

I am overwhelmingly impressed at the sheer amount of talent showcased in this little competition.

But I can't help but thinking about one thing throughout the whole stretch: I REALLY wish there was a merch section for, well, everything.

We're nearing 100,000 views and 1000 posts in the Scribbles section. In only a few days that's very impressive, I'm happy to see the Creative community bustling with activity :P:! You guys' enthusiasm has all but guaranteed that we'll be doing what we can to host Creative events each year!

Voting for this round ends at 12:00AM PST, and the poll for the finals will be made some time on the 11th. I've not yet decided if we should do single vote or another multi vote, I'm a bit concerned that with single vote we won't even get a proper top 10, because everyone will be stacking votes on the submission out of their favorites they feel has the best chance of winning, rather than their outright favorite lol.

Edit: Apparently we also had a spam bot sign up to spam the Creative section for the first time, that means it's active! It's like a little blessing.

Edited by Tangerine

How about everyone gets 10 votes? It might be a bit hard to monitor but it'd at least guarantee a top 10. Then again judging by the way voting has gone so far, unlimited votes would probably sort out a pretty clear winner too.