Sacred Stones HARDCORE (Finished)

Alex95

Got a new video editor called Lightworks, so now I can continue on my quest to play games HARDCORE...-ly! That's right, the totally not annoying and super-awesome video gamer is back with Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones!

Rules:

1. If Ephraim or Eirika dies, it's game over.

2. If anyone else dies, they stay dead! Basic FE game so far.

3. I'll be playing on Difficult Mode, which I have not even attempted to do until now.

4. No mounted units (Cavaliers, Pegasus Knights, etc.) or healers, as suggested by squid kid.

When I played this game before on the actual GBA, Moulder and Kyle died (Eirika and Ephraim might've too...a few times), so I'll try and not let that happen again!

Enjoy and subscribe if you want to see more! I'll be posting more videos here later!

Place your bets!

Edited by Power Master

>units not to use

Any mount (includes great knights) or staff user

If you're gonna go hardcore, take it all the way.

I've already broken that rule, seeing as I used Seth in the Prologue. But it was just the Prologue, so....I'll start from Ch. 1. At least I get Gilliam next map!

Sorry for the lack of updates here. I haven't been feeling very well, and it wouldn't be very professional to do a video on a stuffy nose and sore throat. I'll post some more videos once I feel better.

Sorry for the wait there, but I'm back with the next episode where I add in the new rule squid kid suggested to me. This'll be fun...

As always, thanks for watching! Like and subscribe if you want to see more!

Have you already planned which route you are going? I’m suggesting Ephraim Ephraim one, of course.

Also, since you are doing hardcore LP, I will recommend a fifth rule: No access to Tower of Valni, Ladgou Ruins or monster skirmishes. You can enter to monster skrimish if its blocks your way for a shop or next chapter etc, but you have to retreat right after the battle starts.

I have not yet decided which route to take. I was going to ask when I got to that point, but I am leaning towards Ephraim's since I did Eirika's on the actual GBA.

As for the tower and ruins, I was already going to not do them. Just do the main story. But I might use the skirmishes to train my units if I need to, but most likely off camera.

The main idea why I would ban the skirmishes was so that there would be no way to grind/train units. Like Squid kid said:

If you're gonna go hardcore, take it all the way.

But if you feel like you really need to train weaker units then sure, I won't judge. Besides you don't have Seth or any of the mounted units available, which might make the difficulty hard enough.

I'll figure out what to do with skirmishes later, once they actually start happening.

In the mean time, part 3 is up! Watch as I take on bad guys and rage against the percentages!

Also, just because I'm dead doesn't mean I'm done. I wanted to see how well I did fighting the final boss of The Minish Cap, Vaati, using the Hardcore rules, so I did a video on that as well. (I could've posted this in the Minish Cap topic, but I feel that would be necroposting).

Like, subscribe, yadda, yadda, yadda. :)

Alright, next episode is up and I take on some bandits!

Aaaaaand that's it from me. I died in probably the most pathetic way possible: Screwy hit percentages. I always knew it'd be the death of me... So, yeah, you don't have to worry about the skirmishes anymore, Jeheza.

I'm going to take a break here for Christmas, so you won't hear anymore from me until January. But any suggestions for what I should play next? I could get a capture card for Christmas... but who knows?

For statistics:

Adventure Started: 12/2/2015
Adventure Ended: 12/14/2015
Total Play Time: About an hour
Units lost: Ross, Eirika

Subscribe if you want to see more!

Edited by Power Master

Well, the Great charge became the Great suicide. Too bad, that hand axe hit really ruined it since I don't think that the enemy thief would have dealt much of damage. I actually threw my bet earlier that you might lose in the Fog of war map (Which was chapter 6, IIRC), since that can potentially be though with the units you were allowed to use.

Oh, and I think Neimi is produced something like "Nii"-"Mi", but that's just a guess, I'm not very good in producing names either.

As for the new content, I'll be on a Hiatus starting January for like idk nine months, but I'll be lurking around if and when I have time. Still you said you were thinking of doing something Mario, and the Neimi/Colm support gave me an idea for my favorite platformer: Wario Land 4 (It's a little Mario-ish, at least)

Some ideas how you could HARDCORE the game:

1. Use Hard Mode or S-Hard if it's available for you

2. If Wario dies even once, it's game over.

3. No access to mini-games, thus no way to buy in-game prizes except "Smile" to make bosses easier.

If you have never played the game, you won't have S-hard available, and it would probably be too much for first time blind run, tbh.