What's the best SMT game.

Lantairu

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-watched DDS on Youtube again. Upon revisiting it, I think it's one of the best SMT titles. Sure it does have a bat-shit crazy story, but I really liked the characters and their arcs (Cielo was a ton better in DDS2 than DDS). The ending to the saga was a bit sad, but it fits the game's Hinduist narrative. I also love Kaneko as a designer. Sure he does come up with mouth head (Gale), mouth breasts (Argilla) and mouth crotch demons (Bat), but the creature designs just fits the dark atmosphere of the SMT universe. That's why I'm a little sad he didn't design any new demons for SMTIV.

Also, DDS2's music is AMAZING, especially 'Heroic Battle.'

Edited by Leif

I also love Kaneko as a designer. Sure he does come up with mouth head (Gale), mouth breasts (Argilla) and mouth crotch demons (Bat), but

how is this a negative that requires a but? this sort of thing is half the fun of kaneko's work :P

how is this a negative that requires a but? this sort of thing is half the fun of kaneko's work :P

I know, but I prefer designs like Varnuni and Varna. They are TAD more grounded in reality. :p

Edited by Leif

I've played Devil Survivor 2: "Overbusted" quite a lot yet, and it's like 1 but with more demons, skills and playable characters and way larger breasts.

Unlike in the prequel you have access to lots of characters with different preferences in the early game, although a few of them are unbalanced.

However it's up to you who to use.

The good thing is that you can change your team from mission to mission, so everyone can get a chance.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

• 2 weeks later...

Even if I was the last poster, it's no double post in this case.

Have beaten Devil Survivor 2.

It's better than 1 in pretty much each aspect:

• more playable characters
  • more demons
  • more maps (although the Tokyo maps from 1 are back)
  • more skills
  • more map themes
  • more bust size
  • social links are added, which give your characters bonuses (even needed to recruit or save characters)

Maybe the difficulty is sort of low.

Devil Survivor 1 was more challenging for me. (maybe because I had preknowledge in 2 already)

All in all I love this series and the sequel became even my favorite 3DS game.

Will do new game + of both parts next.