Desktop thread

Hanz

Then maybe you should just

StopPosting1.gif

and let people who aren't obsessed with salving their butthurt egos continue a conversation that's quite pleasant, such as between Cynthia and I. :)

Funny thing is, I'm not butthurt. This is seriously funny. o_O

Also, funny thing is, I admitted you were right about Excel 2007, yet you keep going on and on. o_O

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is, I'm not butthurt. This is seriously funny. o_O

Also, funny thing is, I admitted you were right about Excel 2007, yet you keep going on and on. o_O

Oh, gee, I'm sorry. I ADMIT you're right.

Asshole.

Yeah, you're butthurt. Back to your hole, cretin, and let people not obsessed with metaphorical points in a game being played by all of one person (hint: that's you) continue our discussion. You are derailing. Be silent.

Oh, gee, I'm sorry. I ADMIT you're right.

Asshole.

Yeah, you're butthurt. Back to your hole, cretin, and let people not obsessed with metaphorical points in a game being played by all of one person (hint: that's you) continue our discussion. You are derailing. Be silent.

I actually requested that the shit be split into a new topic, seeing as this topic is about desktops and not about how people shouldn't use icons, which was a point expanded on by one person (hint: that's you) just for the sake of trying to prove himself right.

Also, you needn't insult me. And I'm not denying calling you an asshole. I called you that because you came across as one. o_O

So sorry about that dude.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

I use Vista SP1, because I have a new-ish machine with boatloads of RAM and a pretty powerful graphics card.

I don't recommend anything, because the needs of each user is different. Generally I just say "the newest version of Windows that'll run well on your hardware" because, frankly, everything else is more of an assache to get working than it's really worth--or it costs way too much.

See my problem is my computer was made when Windows Vista was brand new (and my stepmother who bought it knows nothing about computers) so for some odd reason it was stuck with 512MB of RAM, showing it's clearly designed for XP.

See my problem is my computer was made when Windows Vista was brand new (and my stepmother who bought it knows nothing about computers) so for some odd reason it was stuck with 512MB of RAM, showing it's clearly designed for XP.
Not quite. Well, yes and no. 512MB of RAM is the target for Vista Home Basic. One or even two gigabytes is the target for Home Premium and up. Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

I suggest that the staffer who seems to enjoy deleting posts give it a stop. Aren't you supposed to be all transparent and the like? :)

Not quite. Well, yes and no. 512MB of RAM is the target for Vista Home Basic. One or even two gigabytes is the target for Home Premium and up.

Well I've found two things:

1. I don't like Home Basic, and I'm sad to say I've been stuck with it for about 2 years.

2. 512MB is NOT enough to make Vista Home Basic even run efficiently. Nor is my horrible processor. My 1.6GHz processor with the 512MB of RAM would make the computer run so poorly I had to not only turn all graphics settings down that I could, get rid of desktop icons or backgrounds, I also had to go and buy more RAM. It runs slightly better with 1.5GB and doesn't lock up as much, but I sort of which I got a better deal.

$900 for this computer, when I can get an Acer or HP with almost twice the specs of this with Vista Premium for $598... Makes me really want to yell at my stepmother for being such a dumb buyer...

Edit: Someone keeps deleting posts... This is not a double post, it seems Blacken's post in between the two was deleted.

Edited by Cynthia

Well I've found two things:

1. I don't like Home Basic, and I'm sad to say I've been stuck with it for about 2 years.

2. 512MB is NOT enough to make Vista Home Basic even run efficiently. Nor is my horrible processor. My 1.6GHz processor with the 512MB of RAM would make the computer run so poorly I had to not only turn all graphics settings down that I could, get rid of desktop icons or backgrounds, I also had to go and buy more RAM. It runs slightly better with 1.5GB and doesn't lock up as much, but I sort of which I got a better deal.

$900 for this computer, when I can get an Acer or HP with almost twice the specs of this with Vista Premium for $598... Makes me really want to yell at my stepmother for being such a dumb buyer...

Edit: Someone keeps deleting posts... This is not a double post, it seems Blacken's post in between the two was deleted.

Josh says report manager keeps hiding reported posts.

And...yeah, that's a hilaribad purchase. My last laptop cost less than that and is still running Vista Ultimate without a hitch.

Josh says report manager keeps hiding reported posts.

And...yeah, that's a hilaribad purchase. My last laptop cost less than that and is still running Vista Ultimate without a hitch.

She's not too smart when it comes to computers, but it was a gift, so I guess I can't complain that much. Still though... I am just glad to be upgrading soon. The free Windows 7 seems like a nice deal too, and I've heard good things about it.

She's not too smart when it comes to computers, but it was a gift, so I guess I can't complain that much. Still though... I am just glad to be upgrading soon. The free Windows 7 seems like a nice deal too, and I've heard good things about it.

At the very least, it's "Vista done right" in the eyes of the complainers and/or those who chose to stick with XP.

I'm not sure how this thread managed to get so out of line, but it ends here until further notice. The amount of reports coming in is ridiculous; all of you need to grow up, stop taking everything so personally, and show a little more respect for each other.