Desktop thread

Hanz

It was better before you took it personally.

I honestly don't care what he says. He's just making me laugh with his raeg and need to shove views down others' throats.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS X is a piece of shit and adding Adobe software costs even more money.

There is nothing, repeat nothing, in OS X that is demonstrably superior to Windows Vista, let alone Windows 7. To boot, the hardware's nothing special. It's just an Acer laptop in a different shell.

Too each their own. I don't think either is superior, I just want a macbook, but I'd never get rid of my Windows PC for one.

Too each their own. I don't think either is superior, I just want a macbook, but I'd never get rid of my Windows PC for one.

Best philosophy in this thread. Rather than be an angry WinFag (Or any kind of OSFag), you respect the other choices.

Not a caveman computer. It's just that Excel 2007 has so much bloat that it takes longer to boot than say, Excel 2003. Also, I'm not trying to prove you wrong. There's just no need to blast others for using icons. Not like it matters to you since those aren't your computers.

Also, added bonus from my previous screen shot, for lulz. Just a couple of EXEs, but still.

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4360/winfile.png

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5715/programmanager2.png

Where did you get some of the older games? They look interesting.

Where did you get some of the older games? They look interesting.

A lot of them, I've held onto even back during the Windows 3.1 days. Or rather, I think my dad did at my request.

Some though, I had to search the internet for.

Best philosophy in this thread. Rather than be an angry WinFag (Or any kind of OSFag), you respect the other choices.

No, it's just like, they all have strengths and weaknesses as they were designed for different things. So it makes sense that each is weak in one area, but strong in another.

No, it's just like, they all have strengths and weaknesses as they were designed for different things. So it makes sense that each is weak in one area, but strong in another.

I know what you mean.

'Sides, it only helps the consumer. It's just more options for us.

I know what you mean.

'Sides, it only helps the consumer. It's just more options for us.

Yeah, it'd be pretty bad if there was only 1 choice and we were forced to have that one choice. There's also a few other operating systems that aren't too popular.

Oh, gee, I'm sorry. I ADMIT you're right.

Asshole.

I'm an asshole for demanding that you own what you write and not try to run away when you are proven wrong?

Interesting.

It was better before you felt the need to flaunt your e-penis.
I defer to Celice's post for this one. Quit getting butthurt just because you're wrong and called on it. Because I will always call out people talking shit they don't know.
Mind you, I'm running a Mac right now for iPhone development.

I don't think y'all understand me too well here, which is understandable as I haven't been particularly clear.

OS X is shit.

Windows is shit.

Linux is shit.

All are inferior choices that are forced upon us because nobody is willing to sack up, lay their nuts on the table, and say "HERE is how to be awesome and fuck you all if you don't like it." Too much inclusivity. Too much catering to the lowest common denominator. Even OS X, which is the closest: it's not worth the money, however, because it's not close enough. The thing that developers don't realize is that the normals will use whatever and like it.

All (EDIT: desktop) operating systems are designed for the exact same thing. Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

I guess that's your opinion. I personally like all three, I've used all three, and I'm happy with all three.
Raise your standards.

Linux: Why should you be happy with a system that nearly mandates the command line? Why should you be content with a system designed by nerds who don't really care how normal people use their computers?

OS X: Why should you be happy with a system that is locked to an incredibly limited set of hardware and extortionate hardware prices to boot?

Windows: Why should you be happy with a system that requires antivirus to patch over the security holes that shouldn't exist in the first place?

Maybe he should make his own. :P
Wow, fuckass, aren't you a fucking winner. "I'm done with you" but you keep...fucking...posting? Are you a retard? Are you incapable of nutting up and following through with anything? Seeing as how (in the words of multiple staff members) you get butthurt at the slightest breeze, it doesn't surprise that you're desperate to score points in some nonexistent contest, but this is really, really funny.

And I have written my own OS, thank you very fucking much. x86 assembly ain't that hard.

Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

Raise your standards.

Linux: Why should you be happy with a system that nearly mandates the command line? Why should you be content with a system designed by nerds who don't really care how normal people use their computers?

OS X: Why should you be happy with a system that is locked to an incredibly limited set of hardware and extortionate hardware prices to boot?

Windows: Why should you be happy with a system that requires antivirus to patch over the security holes that shouldn't exist in the first place?

Why shouldn't I? My standards are being met, so I'm not disappointed, and I'm perfectly content. Raising my standards would only make myself disappointed all the time and miserable that my standards are never met. I'd rather live more content than that, darling.

Raise your standards.

Wow, fuckass, aren't you a fucking winner. "I'm done with you" but you keep...fucking...posting? Are you a retard? Are you incapable of nutting up and following through with anything? Seeing as how (in the words of multiple staff members) you get butthurt at the slightest breeze, it doesn't surprise that you're desperate to score points in some nonexistent contest, but this is really, really funny.

And I have written my own OS, thank you very fucking much. x86 assembly ain't that hard.

Why use a PC at all?

Actually, I am done. I'm just commenting.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Why shouldn't I? My standards are being met, so I'm not disappointed, and I'm perfectly content. Raising my standards would only make myself disappointed all the time and miserable that my standards are never met. I'd rather live more content than that, darling.
Acceptance of mediocrity means you are a mediocre person. Demand excellence. Be excellent.

What would you recommend OS wise?
I use Vista SP1, because I have a new-ish machine with boatloads of RAM and a pretty powerful graphics card.

I don't recommend anything, because the needs of each user is different. Generally I just say "the newest version of Windows that'll run well on your hardware" because, frankly, everything else is more of an assache to get working than it's really worth--or it costs way too much.

Cool story.

First@TSSZ.

Aren't you the cowardly nitwit who insisted he was going to be "done with this"? Why the fuck are you still posting? Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

Quoted in case he tries to delete it. :)

I can't delete posts. Members actually can't delete their own posts. o_O

Even then, I wouldn't delete it.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Then maybe you should just

StopPosting1.gif

and let people who aren't obsessed with salving their butthurt egos continue a conversation that's quite pleasant, such as between Cynthia and I. :)