Likes & Dislikes about Fates? !!SPOILERS!!

SaltyPearl

I usually stay out of threads like these since there's never any discussion going on, but rather people just listing things.

That said, I found two adorable pictures which pretty much sum up one of the many major problems with the story.

993.png6ce.jpg

Edited by Thane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:DD Likes:

- Nohr route (Got to play a bit of it's exclusive chapters, so good)

- Many Classes

- Unisex classes

- Nohr's theme (Dress code, European style, Dark atmosphere, etc.)

- Marth and Ike!

- Marth's tiara!!!

- Special Effects

- In depth character development

:(( Dislikes:

- Watching a childhood game turn into Otaku pandering

- Same engine as last game

- MARTH! LOOK-I-LIKES!!!

- 2 versions

- 2 versions that are non-canon

- 3rd DLC Route

- A 3rd DLC route which is only canon

- Amiibo's and DLC Classes

- New Weapon Triangle

- Too many skills, many that are useless, or just somewhat broken.

- The writing: Story, supports, amiie.

- Children

- Sexualization

- The amount of pandering as a whole

-The worst Avatar character creator

-Proximity Shot

-Wing Shield(It is better than before as it also offers fliers terrain bonuses!)

-Copycat Puppet+Galeforce abuse

-Defensive Formation(It is one of the best skills in the game!)

-Defender(It is one of the best skills in the game!)

-Don't get suicided by Counter during enemy phase.

-Nohr Route

-Same Sex Marriages

-Men can now rides flying steeds!

-Enemy Unit recriting(FFT's feature is back!)

Dislikes

-Venom/Four Fangs/Deadly Breath on foes.

-Attack and Guard Stance on foes. Awakening didn't have this thank god!

-Can no longer Attack+Guard Stance without the item that it passes over to foes anyway if you do.

-Can't get Infinite Staff legitimately

-Can't get Status Resistance legitimately

-Seals that the foes have!

-Better Hit skill, but it's Player Phase only. Bring back Hit+20 please.

-Cut Through that the foes have!

-Females can no longer learn Rally Spectrum

-Rallies Range

-America and Europe won't get the Cipher characters

-Only having % chance of your skill to work Ignis and Vengeance

-Enemy Ninjas(Hate the most more than anything!)

-Felicia's Jap voice!

-DLC Classes except Dread Fighter and Dark Flier are now gender locked!

-Nerfing of Nosferatu.

-The nerfing of these skills...

-Charm

-Demoiselle

-Rally Spectrum

-Aptitude

-The Skinship

-...Annnnd The Over fanservice!

I don't want to judge the game too much cuz I've yet to play it, but:

LIKE:

• Some of the map design.
  • Some designs.
  • Some of the characters.
  • My Castle.
  • The music!!!!
  • The art direction for the locations, much better than Awakening I must say. Some places are very beautiful.

DISLIKE:

• Some designs. I'm looking at Dicken 1.2 and Camilla's horrendous bottom part.
  • Some of the characters.
  • The "easy access" in classes like Cavalier, Paladin, Knight, etc; it's dumb and ugly. Could you take Marx seriously if his ass was out?
  • How they expect me to fap to these tiny characters like they're actually hot.
  • Awakening hand-me-downs. I don't hate them but I don't like they put them in. It's unorginal and the Nohr first gen got less Nohrians thanks to it.
  • The fact that the game is either too dark or too lighthearted, apparently.
  • No European release date.

-The general idea's that the story had. Its a shame that it did't reach its full potential

- Different classes and weapons depending on the country. I really like that idea and hope they'll include it in more entries.

-Xander in supports

-The new gameplay mechanics, such as dragon's vein. I always thought it would be nice to change the map a little.

-Probably more, but I haven't really gotten too indepth in a lot of cases.

Dislikes

-Xander in the main story

-Other characters who come across as idiots in the main story.

-The lack of any kind of nuance between Hoshido vs Nohr.

- Slime Garon who makes the motivations of Nohr completely irrelevent.

- No on worth caring about actually agreeing with the war on the Nohr path, even if its throuh gritted teeth.

- The stupid kinds of fanservice

- Some of the gimmicicky characters, especially when said gimmicks are played for fanservice.

- No european release date

Edited by Sasori

-Xander in supports

Dislikes

-Xander in the main story

Ain't that the truth.

I'm surprised to see people liking My Castle, and I don't just mean the fan service part of it. It just feels weird that characters are teleported to another dimension to relax in between battles, instead of planning, restocking, training and all that good stuff; if there's one thing I like about the Tellius series, it's how there was a constant focus on that, which added to the overall atmosphere.

-Overall I like the map design, especially in Conquest

-Birthright story

-Most of the new classes

-The music is great

-Most of the characters (both design and personality)

-My Castle

Dislikes:

-Conquest story

-Slime Garon (goes with Conquest story but it's so bad that it deserves it's own point)

-So many female class outfits have no pants for some inexplicable reason

-Awakening characters (I don't dislike them as characters, but they seem unnecessary)

-Aqua (mostly due to her awful plan in Conquest)

-Ricken 2.0 (there are a few other characters that I dislike but he is my most hated by a long shot)

-Only the brothers get legendary weapons and the sisters get nothing. I don't think they all should have legendaries, but it should have been split more evenly.

Ain't that the truth.

I'm surprised to see people liking My Castle, and I don't just mean the fan service part of it. It just feels weird that characters are teleported to another dimension to relax in between battles, instead of planning, restocking, training and all that good stuff; if there's one thing I like about the Tellius series, it's how there was a constant focus on that, which added to the overall atmosphere.

I like having a between chapter sort of hub that I can upgrade. I don't like the alt-dimension aspect of it.

Now if we had a moving encampment where we could upgrade supply lines and convoys and what have you I would be ALL over that.

- Some of the map designs

- More objectives in Conquest, though too much seize near the end

- Some of the character and class designs (including generics)

- Some class animations

- Some support conversations

- S-rank weapons are back

- Status staves + Draw

- AoE turrets

- Attack & Guard Stance

- The new weapon triangles

- Weapons have varying effects, though the system still needs some polishing

- Dragon Vein (though only on some maps)

- Ninja and ninja characters

- Hidden weapons (mostly the 1-2 range thing, I rarely use debuffs)

- More useful beast transformers

- Flying bow user? Check. Magic wyvern? Check.

- The music

- Personal skills, though this also wants some polishing

- Unisex classes

- Marriage/Buddy Seals

- More save files

Dislikes:

- The story, especially the use of silly plot devices to drive the plot and the characters in certain directions in a convenient and lazy way

- How some characters are written or characterized

- Some other map designs and gimmicks

- Some other characters and class designs

- Some other class animations (e.g the casting animation in some hybrid-classes)

- Some other support conversations

- Reaching S-rank in weapons is not easy for most units without Armscrolls

- Most enemy-only skills

- Lack of interesting objectives in Birthright and Revelation; Birthright also doesn't have many memorable maps

- Excessive player worship and fanservice

- The Awakening characters

- The shoehorned children mechanic

- Not enough platonic or same-gender supports

- Kamui being able to marry both sets of siblings and children

- The existence of "Kamui-sexuals"

- The interface (including lack of unique weapon icons)

- Magic and magic visual effects

- Some of the royals/personal weapons are too OP as compared to "regular" units/weapons

- Some units are very bad and need a lot of investments and patience to even deploy

- Some DLC classes are still unnecessarily gender-locked

- Too many skills

-The music (some of the tracks remind me of Okami)

-Most characters

-The classes (especially the hoshido ones, when i first saw the nine tailed fox and the golden kit warrior i was like YEEESSSS)

-I find the amie thing funny

DISLIKES:

-Character stripping, we already have a bathhouse and everything

-While i really do like the new classes, some of the outfits are a little mehh for me. I don't get why the outfits have to show so much butt.

-The story i guess

-Kamui's personality (I didn't really like robin that much but compared to kamui (s)he's so much better)

-The awakening peeps

-the poorly explained children

Edited by Meiyu

Like:

* The return of the playable lancer class!

* The battle animations, I really enjoy watching the characters attacking and doing criticals (what is Fire Emblem without spinning after all?), you don't know how much I like seeing videos of the Holy bowman's critical animation

* Flying class with bows

* Pegasus for the males!

* My castle. I really like that idea of customizing the castle's yard and see the characters "expending their time" around the buildings.

Ok I finally found something I dislike from Fates! So I reblog what I like and add

Dislike:

* Again like in Awakening... WHY THE BACKGROUND IN THE SUPPORTS IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME??? Its something stupid the see, for example, the characters talking about how beautiful the landscape is (like in Foleo and Kisaragi's support) but we only see the room's wall? Oh yeah what a beautiful wall we have! :/

Ok I finally found something I dislike from Fates! So I reblog what I like and add

Dislike:

* Again like in Awakening... WHY THE BACKGROUND IN THE SUPPORTS IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME??? Its something stupid the see, for example, the characters talking about how beautiful the landscape is (like in Foleo and Kisaragi's support) but we only see the room's wall? Oh yeah what a beautiful wall we have! :/

Yeah ikr! and the wall they use in fates looks even more boring to me than the wall they used in awakening.

It's like they all keep moving to the same spot just to hold a conversation with someone.

Like when you've finished reading a support conversation, the characters that were involved quickly run away from that spot to make place for 2 other characters who are going to hold a conversation there next.

Edited by Meiyu

Ain't that the truth.

I like the concept of My Castle.

I hate how it's locked away in another dimension.

I just wanted a Castle to bling out.

I like the concept of My Castle.

I hate how it's locked away in another dimension.

I just wanted a Castle to bling out.

It might just be my general dislike for poorly implemented crafting and base building being shoved into every game and genre imaginable whether or not it fits, but I just don't see the appeal. You move around a lot in every Fire Emblem game; what use would a castle be? I could see having an upgradable camp of sorts, of course you wouldn't be able to build fountains and stuff.

Regardless, I just think it sticks out in a very weird way, and due to crafting being ubiquitous, I'm not sure it would be a very good implementation anyway.

- The new Attack and Defense Stance system (AKA Balanced Pair up);

- Much of the caracters (Effie, Arthur and Elise mainly);

- The New Animations (Knight and Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight are much better than Awakening);

- The Fimbulvetr Spell;

- The Skill System and Second Seal System (Don't reset level);

- The New Classes;

- The idea of the plot about family relationship;

- The split routes;

- The music;

Deslikes :(

- The embarrassing fan service (Not talking about the cameos, but of the strip in and out of battle);

- The new weapon system (Silver Weapons are useless now, with the debuff that stacks);

- The absence of other types of magic (Namely Dark and Light);

- Waifu Suports;

- The Story in General (Hoshido as the good white contry and Nohr as the evil black country);

- The fact that you NEVER enconter Garon (the real one);

- Oversexualization in general (One word: Sorcerer, why don't give him a shaman clothing?);

- Same weapon icon for EVERYTHING;

- The poor implementation of child units;

- Some useless skills (Where are you Nihil?);

- The DLC gender locked classes;

- The third route plot (Again why work on a good plot if you can just use a deus ex machina, namely Anankos?);

- The incest in a game about family;

- Eternal Seal (Or better, eternal brokeness).

Pg 2 of the likes and dislikes

Dislikes Cont

-That you cannot purchase limited items in other players vendors. Makes it no point to purchase in them period. I want +7 Brave weapons. Guess you'll have to use the weapons episode for that!

-That you actually have to work tactically to get your Gold and EXP. (DLC Episodes)

-This game is merciless for it's mechanics that is made to make this game harder than anything else in the series along with putting in fanservice and skinship makes me sick.

-The HP growths are lowered.

-The HP caps are lowered.

-Transffered characters cannot use personnels.

-Brave weapons give no brave effect during enemy phase!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I have another dislike that slipped my mind. Its no big one, but its a bit of an annoyance to me.

I don't really know why Fates and Awakening lock certain things to which gender you pick. Its a bit annoying to be stuck with Felicia earlier, instead of Jacob just because I picked the male Avatar. Thats small, but I think its less small when it comes to Morgan or Kanna who force you to pick a different gender if you want the Kanna/Morgan of another gender.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. Its actually a bit worse because its fairly obvious that Felicia / Jakob are meant to be characters we fall in love with. Romantically. They're people completely dedicated to us, the player. That's going to appeal to most, right? And then they push it. Now Mamui gets Felicia asap, while Femui gets Jakob asap. That's..such a boring a cliche move. I don't give a damn about an annoying brat like Felicia. Jakob is infinitely better in my eyes. sorry im just a little bitter i know they cant cater to everyone but agggggh

I'm hoping they let us choose who to pick during the beginning of the game. I didn't really see anyone complaining about it until now though, so who knows?

Hoping that they do something about her voice in the NA/Euro versions.

She looks to me that she's a disabled child!

Jakob gets better defense than the other maids...too.

Like:

Nohr difficulty

Characters

Classes

How re classing works

New weapons

PVP

My castle battles

Dislike:

Corrin

Children

Marriage (I don't hate it, it just wasn't really needed in this game)

Story

Female designs (I may not ride horses, but from what my friend told me, you should not be riding horses in underwear...)

Anna as DLC

Player worshipping

FE-Amie

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. Its actually a bit worse because its fairly obvious that Felicia / Jakob are meant to be characters we fall in love with. Romantically. They're people completely dedicated to us, the player. That's going to appeal to most, right? And then they push it. Now Mamui gets Felicia asap, while Femui gets Jakob asap. That's..such a boring a cliche move. I don't give a damn about an annoying brat like Felicia. Jakob is infinitely better in my eyes. sorry im just a little bitter i know they cant cater to everyone but agggggh

I'm hoping they let us choose who to pick during the beginning of the game. I didn't really see anyone complaining about it until now though, so who knows?

Now why couldn't they have made it so that you can chose which butler goes with you or made it the same sex butler/maid follows you. Now that would be tipping the scales. (I'm sorry I'll leave)

Now why couldn't they have made it so that you can chose which butler goes with you or made it the same sex butler/maid follows you. Now that would be tipping the scales. (I'm sorry I'll leave)

I just want my gay butler, man. I just want my gay butler.