Official English voice cast and rumors

Dark Paladin X

Since the previous thread on the English dub for Fire Emblem Fates was locked due to necroing, I might as well start this thread up again. Anyways, this is the discussion for the English dub for Fire Emblem Fates, rumors, and confirmed voice actors in the game's English dub.

Here is the list of voice actors that are confirmed in the English dub and their respective character:

• Rena Strober: Azura (there was a tweet that confirmed that she voiced this character in the dub, but the tweet was deleted)
  • D.C. Douglas: Gunther and Llewellyn (it is currently unknown who the Llewellyn character is, but it's most likely the English name for either Zero or Asyura considering this voice actor's naturally baritone voice)
  • Brianna Knickerbocker: Sakura and Charlotte

Here is the list of voice actors that rumored to be in the English dub, but is not yet confirmed:

• Kaiji Tang mentioned that he's voicing a character in Fire Emblem Fates in various social media websites. It's very likely that he, Liam O'Brien, and Julie Ann Taylor will reprise their roles as the Awakening trio (Odin, Lazward, and Luna respectfully) in the Nohr side.
  • It's also very likely that Julie Ann Taylor, Stephanie Sheh, and Gideon Emery will "reprise" their roles as Matoi, Shara, and Gurei respectfully.
  • Matthew Mercer at Twitter had favorite several tweets in regards to Fire Emblem Fates, it's very likely that he's voicing a character in this game. From many fan rumors, it's very likely that Matt Mercer may either be voicing Ryouma or Marx (although some may say it's most likely Ryouma since he favored this tweet).
  • According to an interview with Kyle Hebert, he said that he wasn't approached nor contacted in regards to Fire Emblem Fates, meaning he may or may not voice a character in this game.
  • I've also gotten a few likes in this tweet from Max Mittelman and Robbie Daymond with me wishing for a bunch of voice actors voicing a character in Fates, meaning it's very likely that these two voice actors may someone in this game.

A few additional notes in regards to the voice acting for Fire Emblem Fates:

• This English dub is going to be done in Los Angeles, California, very likely Cup of Tea Productions.
  • Dub casts for Japanese made video games are usually "announced" around the time of the release, meaning the voice cast will be revealed sometime closer to Fire Emblem Fates North American release date (February 19th, 2016). This is a stark contract to anime dub cast reveals where they are often revealed several months or weeks in advance.
  • The dub is most likely going to be non-union (meaning Steve Blum, James Arnold Taylor, Nolan North, Kari Wahlgren, Crispin Freeman, nor Troy Baker will voice someone in this game), unless there is a change of plans
  • Similarly, like Awakening, it's very likely that some voice actors may be uncredited due to union issues (i.e. Laura Bailey confirmed that she voiced Lucina in Awakening, but her name is often associated with union-only projects).
  • Please do not constantly bug the voice actors if they are voicing someone in Fates or not. Not only they are busy, but there is a chance that it may violate their NDA (non-disclosure agreement), meaning if they reveal too much details about the projects they are involved, they are in deep shit trouble. The best they can do is give "hints" about it without revealing too much details that may violate NDA. If a voice actor happen to give a "like" in one of your tweets in regards to Fire Emblem Fates, it's very likely that the voice actor may voice someone in this game.

Here are some few useful websites that might help you if you aren't familiar with several voice actors:

• TV Tropes (scroll down to Dub Voice Actors/Los Angeles area, as some of the voice actors who normally work in anime also work in video games, but keep in mind that it doesn't list all the voice actors who work in video games doesn't always work in anime, i.e. Gideon Emery)
  • Behind the Voice Actors (a large voice acting community, very helpful website)
  • Anime News Network (while the website is mostly an anime website, they also keep up in date in Japanese video games, Fire Emblem Fates included. Also have an encyclopedia of many voice actors as well)
  • IMDB (caution, some info in this site may be inaccurate as many people can freely edit the pages there like Wikipedia)
  • MyAnimeList (almost similar to Anime News Network, but a little more detailed)

Feel free to discuss the voice actors an rumors. If there are more voice actors that have been rumored or confirmed, please let me know and I'll update this post. Please keep this thread active and alive as well so we don't see another lock for necroing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting my own thoughts and guesses on the voice actors of the people from the trailer:

I think Mamui is Josh Grelle. He sounds like Armin Arlert from AoT, just deeper, and he fits the archetype Grelle gets pigeon-holed in a lot, that of the "young naïve protagonist who toughens up".

I hear Matthew Mercer guessed a lot for Xander or Ryoma, and of the two I'm leaning Ryoma. Mostly because of Mercer liking that tweet and because that deeper voice is more in-line with him. Xander sounds like he could be Cam Clarke.

Takumi and Leo are tough. I want to say David Vincent for Leo, since he kind of reminded me of Jin from Blax Blue, but I'm not sure Vincent's voice can go that deep. And Takumi's raspiness just kill any sort of familiarity his voice has. Best guess is Ben Diskin or Liam O'Brian.

Elise and Garon are easy, the former is Cassandra Lee Morris and the latter is definitely Travis Willingham. Morris has done the "cute little sister" archetype before, and Elise sounded a lot like her. Garon's voice was just pure Willingham.

Lisa Ortis should do Elise or Felicia.

Julie Ann Taylor(Who did Princess Peach in SSBM) should do Ephanie/Eponine for her sweet nature, not caring of her surroundings and is naive.

Sean Shemmel should do the male Avatar.

Edited by Princess_Elise

Lisa Ortis should do Elise or Felicia.

Julie Ann Taylor(Who did Princess Peach in SSBM) should do Ephanie/Eponine for her sweet nature, not caring of her surroundings and is naive.

Sean Shemmel should do the male Avatar.

You've got that a little mixed there.

Peach in SSBM was voiced by Jen Taylor, not Julie Ann Taylor.

I'm genuinely impressed at all of you who can recognize a voice by ear after just one or two lines. I can't even recognize my family's voice over the phone when they call men or my own voice in a recording, haha.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Takumi and Leo are tough. I want to say David Vincent for Leo, since he kind of reminded me of Jin from Blax Blue, but I'm not sure Vincent's voice can go that deep. And Takumi's raspiness just kill any sort of familiarity his voice has. Best guess is Ben Diskin or Liam O'Brian.

I'd legit put down money that Leo is David Vincent. That is soooooo his character and his voice can get deeper as evidenced by Hakumen. also both Jin and Leo have sibling complexes :Kappa:

I'd legit put down money that Leo is David Vincent. That is soooooo his character and his voice can get deeper as evidenced by Hakumen. also both Jin and Leo have sibling complexes :Kappa:

David Vincent has a certain slight "edge" to his voice that is missing in Leon's; plus, Hakumen's voice is not a good comparison, as the voice was heavily effected by voice modulation (deeper tone and an almost unreal amount of baritone in Chronophantasma). Though I was imagining Leon doing a Jin-like freakout when fought on the Hoshido route.

I really hope David Vincent isn't doing Leon , I mean he did Robin already..and I don't think his voice fits Leon well...

To be fair, Female Robin's japanese voice actress, Miyuki Sawashiro, voices Camilla in this game, so it is possible.

And I've been playing Tales of Zestiria, and I think that Sorey's english voice actor, Robbie Daymond is perfect for either Silas or Nishiki.

Brianna Knickerbocker huh?

Nice to know that it seems like we might have more new names pop up in this game.

Yeah, she's pretty new. Her debut role within the anime industry is Itsuki Inubozaki in Yuki Yuna is a Hero.

What's even funnier is that I originally predicted that Brianna Knickerbocker would voice Mozume, but I'm a bit surprised that she's voicing Charlotte in the dub (while Sakura is the kind of the character that Brianna Knickerbocker would normally voice, Charlotte is something completely different).

That being said, if I were to describe Brianna Knickerbocker's voice acting, I'd describe her voice acting to be very similar to Stephanie Sheh and Kana Hanazawa in retrospects (which makes Brianna more like a "spiritual successor" to Stephanie Sheh in some retrospects).

Yeah, she's pretty new. Her debut role within the anime industry is Itsuki Inubozaki in Yuki Yuna is a Hero.

What's even funnier is that I originally predicted that Brianna Knickerbocker would voice Mozume, but I'm a bit surprised that she's voicing Charlotte in the dub (while Sakura is the kind of the character that Brianna Knickerbocker would normally voice, Charlotte is something completely different).

That being said, if I were to describe Brianna Knickerbocker's voice acting, I'd describe her voice acting to be very similar to Stephanie Sheh and Kana Hanazawa in retrospects (which makes Brianna more like a "spiritual successor" to Stephanie Sheh in some retrospects).

Sounds interesting. Sounds like something I should expect for Sakura. I'll be curious to see how she does with Charlotte.

That's something I found interesting with so many actors voicing 2 characters in Awakening, to see how they each portray the characters. I mean, would you have believed that Sully and Cherche were voiced by the same person if you didn't read the cast list?

I felt slightly disappointed when I heard Xander's English voice. Sure whoever is doing his voice does a good job, but I was hoping for a rich, deep voice like his Japanese one. Konishi's voice work for him is badass. Now I can only hope the games come with dual audio. Also here are some of the audio samples of Knickerbocker for anyone curious: http://brisoundslike.com/I think the first audio fits Charlotte's character very well.

I was disappointed to learn that Kyle Hebert hasn't been asked to voice anyone in the game. I really liked his voice as Frederick in Awakening. :(

I think Ryoma could either be Travis Willingham or Matthew Mercer. Garon is definitely the former though. And since voice actors pretty much did two characters apiece in Awakening and the same is so far holding true in Fates as well, Willingham could certainly be Ryoma as well. And I hope he is, I really liked Lon'qu's voice and I think Ryoma sounds just as badass. If it's Mercer though, he suddenly sounds a whole lot better than he did as Chrom (not that Chrom sounded bad, he just sounded...I dunno, average to me, not really anything special).

Edited by Anacybele

Keep in mind that just because Kyle Hebert wasn't contacted about Fire Emblem Fates, it does not mean that he will not be in the dub. Bear in mind that this interview was done in September, and it could be possible that he was contacted later after the interview to audition for the game. Video game dubbing for Japanese video games, unlike anime, has a faster process and the voice actor can usually finish recording his/her lines within a few weeks. This is a stark contrast to anime voice acting where it actually takes longer (hence this is why that voice actors who normally work in anime record their lines several months in advance). Also, keep in note that voice actors tend to get paid better working in video games like Fire Emblem Fates as opposed to many anime dubs. It's also possible that Kyle cannot reveal details on what projects he is working on due to NDA as well.

In regards to my speculations, I've actually read several Youtube and forum comments about suggesting Mozume given some Southern or Texan accent. I highly doubt that the Nintendo localization team would do something like that even though she's supposed to be a countrygirl. This is mainly because having an adorable character like Mozume sounding cute and using an accent is incredibly difficult to do, but it is certainly possible (i.e. the English dub of Little Busters have Kud speak in a cute Russian accent, and sounded pretty realistic if you ask me). Since I originally speculated that Brianna Knickerbocker was going to voice Mozume, but turns that she's voicing Sakura and Charlotte, my possible speculation is narrowed down to Cherami Leigh or Christine Marie Cabanos voicing Mozume.

You know who I want in this? Grant George. Maybe voicing someone like Tsubaki?

Also, I have a feeling Yuri Lowenthal's gonna be back in it. Due to typecast, I'd assume someone like Hinata or Ricken 2.0-I mean Tsukuyomi.

With they guy above (Im not good at doing stuff) yeah I can see Yuri Lowenthal being back and it wouldn't surprise me if he did Tsukuymoi,and for some reason i think of johnny yong bosch doing Asama maybe because I expect him kinda sound sarcastic like adachi

Alright! Cast stuff!

So like the first post mentioned this game will probably be recorded at Cup of Tea like Awakening was. To get a good idea of how the cast members will be, you may want to look at the casts of other recent Cup of Tea games like Tales of Zestiria, Stella Glow(?), Devil Survivor 2, and especially Xenoblade Chronicles X (I'm almost certain that this game was recorded around the same time as XCX, but that's just a hunch.)

http://www.nintendoactu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Doublage-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X.png

http://www.nintendoactu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Doublage-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-2.png

There's XCX's cast, expect most of the people on that first link to be in the game, and some of the ones on the second link.

I don't know anything for sure, but I could probably make a few predictions based off of that cast. Nicolas Roye as Hinata, Chris Jai Alex as Benoit, Doug Erholtz as Iago etc. I could also see Robbie Daymond or Max Mittelman as Silas if those likes from them hold any sort of water. In any case, I'm pretty excited to find out the cast. I hope the end up credited like in Awakening and XCX, otherwise it'll be a real pain to figure them all out.

Alright! Cast stuff!

So like the first post mentioned this game will probably be recorded at Cup of Tea like Awakening was. To get a good idea of how the cast members will be, you may want to look at the casts of other recent Cup of Tea games like Tales of Zestiria, Stella Glow(?), Devil Survivor 2, and especially Xenoblade Chronicles X (I'm almost certain that this game was recorded around the same time as XCX, but that's just a hunch.)

http://www.nintendoactu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Doublage-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X.png

http://www.nintendoactu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Doublage-Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-2.png

There's XCX's cast, expect most of the people on that first link to be in the game, and some of the ones on the second link.

I don't know anything for sure, but I could probably make a few predictions based off of that cast. Nicolas Roye as Hinata, Chris Jai Alex as Benoit, Doug Erholtz as Iago etc. I could also see Robbie Daymond or Max Mittelman as Silas if those likes from them hold any sort of water. In any case, I'm pretty excited to find out the cast. I hope the end up credited like in Awakening and XCX, otherwise it'll be a real pain to figure them all out.

I find it funny that I wasn't the only one to think of Chris Jai Alex as Benoit.

There's still the possibility that Benoit is our Llewellyn.

I'd believe our Llewellyn could be:

-Zero (but why would they change the name?)

-Benoit

-Ignis

-Ganz

-Foleo

I could see Tara Platt as Rinkah, Kagerou, or Yuugiri for sure.