Official English voice cast and rumors

Dark Paladin X

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah some of the voices weren't excellent in that snippet but hopefully they'll fit in better in-game (plus you won't have to listen to them as much given supports aren't voiced anymore???)

So, thanks to... surprises... we've got more stuff to work on. I still have no idea who Kamui's voiced by, and the only thing I can say about the other VA's is that Elise sounds too close to her Japanese version.

lolicon confirmed

So, thanks to... surprises... we've got more stuff to work on. I still have no idea who Kamui's voiced by, and the only thing I can say about the other VA's is that Elise sounds too close to her Japanese version.

I'm so lost, apparently I missed this. At the risk of sounding dumb, what did snippet did I miss?

He sounds fine. Actually, he sounds a lot better here than in the E3 trailer. The others are a mixed bag.

maybe if they kept his/hers japanese voice they wouldn't :)

Edited by wponinw

I'm so lost, apparently I missed this. At the risk of sounding dumb, what did snippet did I miss?

Listen at the beggining, and you'll hear her having a voice that is comparable to Sonic Adventure style voice "acting".

Smash announcement that happened an hour ago.

... Whoops, I ended up skipping right through the beginning video and directly to gameplay when I got linked.

I was happier not knowing.

Well, I liked what I heard of Azura's song in that... thing. A lot actually! Maybe not as haunting as the original, but very pretty nonetheless. Was anyone able to hear the lyrics?

I just hope the voice acting isn't this cringey in Fates, because this didn't sound very good. I'm going to hope for the best until we hear more from the actual game...

Elise grew on me throughout the video. She's pretty much what I expected. Xander, however, is awful. I think we heard a bit of Camilla and Hinoka as well? If what I think was Hinoka's was actually hers....damn Awakening's were so good, why drop the ball?

I despise Xander's EN voice.

Elise grew on me throughout the video. She's pretty much what I expected. Xander, however, is awful. I think we heard a bit of Camilla and Hinoka as well? If what I think was Hinoka's was actually hers....damn Awakening's were so good, why drop the ball?

David Vincent is an established and pretty darn good VA.

That didn't stop the muffled "Letstipthescales" from being part of Robin's up-taunt.

I feel like judging the VA's from this alone isn't a good idea. At least M!Kamui doesn't sound anywhere near as derpy as he did in the E3 trailer.

I guess I was the only one who liked all the voices, and thought the English singing sounded very nice.

Edit: To add another thought, we know that David Vincent and Laura Bailey as Robin and Lucina sounded great in Awakening, but kind of average in their reveal trailer. I'm positive they'll sound great in the game proper.

Edited by Sentinel07

The song was good! Way better than what was showcased in the E3 trailer, which never really grew on me. Honestly I'm glad they're going all out and dubbing the song. Can't wait to hear the Brave version.

That didn't stop the muffled "Letstipthescales" from being part of Robin's up-taunt.

I feel like judging the VA's from this alone isn't a good idea. At least M!Kamui doesn't sound anywhere near as derpy as he did in the E3 trailer.

No, you're right, it's too early and small to judge from this alone. Xander sounded pretty good in the E3 trailer IIRC, but the scene shown in today's announcement is pretty darn integral to the game so hearing that the line isn't delivered quite as well as the original's almost heart-wrenching 'come back' is disappointing.

I just feel like Marxander's voice doesn't suit him at all, but I'll wait till I actually get the game to judge more. and hope and pray that there's dual audio

I just rewatched the first bit of the presentation and holy shit Sakura's voice is deep. It kinda suits her though. Elise's voice is... no. Ryouma's voice is pretty good actually.

I liked female Corrin's voice as well as Ryoma's and Sakura's, but I wasn't feeling Xander or Elise's voices. But I'm definitely going to wait till the game comes out before I judge them further.
(Also I have no clue why, but Ganz's "Aghhh!" made me giggle. In fact I'm still giggling. Please send help...)