Official English voice cast and rumors

Dark Paladin X

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E3 trailer sounded fine to me, but all the lines were from very intense moments. I'd love to hear some more "normal" lines soon, like Takumi's. He sounded so unexpectedly raspy in the trailer. If that's Ben Diskin, I'm surprised, since I've only heard him playing silly guys in JoJo and Devil Survior 2.

I love how unique Oboro's Japanese voice is, so I'm wondering what the dub will do with her.

The E3 trailer sounded fine to me, but all the lines were from very intense moments. I'd love to hear some more "normal" lines soon, like Takumi's. He sounded so unexpectedly raspy in the trailer. If that's Ben Diskin, I'm surprised, since I've only heard him playing silly guys in JoJo and Devil Survior 2.

I love how unique Oboro's Japanese voice is, so I'm wondering what the dub will do with her.

To be fair, Takumi is pretty pissed off at that point, so it's not suprising that his voice sounds raspy.

Also, even if we only heard a grunt, I think Tsukuyomi is being voiced by Ben Diskin, that grunt sound like his "young" voice, but I'm pretty sure it's not Yuri Lowenthal, that grunt did not sound like him.

So, there is actually a few voice actors I wish to voice a character in Fire Emblem Fates, here are a list of top 10 voice actors I like to see voice a character in the game and their respective character:

1. Johnny Yong Bosch: Hinata, Siegbert
  2. Christine Marie Cabanos: Midoriko (loli typecasting FTW)
  3. Cristina Vee: Oboro, Flora
  4. Lex Lang: Jakob
  5. Robbie Daymond: Subaki
  6. Max Mittelman: Silas
  7. Grant George: Nishiki, Flannel
  8. Lucien Dodge: Asama, Foleo
  9. Sarah Williams: Pieri
  10. Alexis Tipton: Felicia

Apparently, I'm really hoping Christine Marie Cabanos will be voicing Midoriko in the dub, her vocal range is incredibly similar to Midoriko's Japanese voice.

Can anyone tell who Hinoka might be voiced by? For the longest time, after listening to the her English voice in that E3 trailer, I thought she sounded a bit like Kjelle (Stephanie Sheh).

Does anyone think that it's possible that Ophelia will be voiced by Kate Higgins and Solei by Karen Strassman?

They voiced the girls's grandmothers, Lissa and Olivia, so it is possible.

I know that this wasn't the case in the japanese dub, but it's still an interesting possibility.

I know this is a thread for the english dub, but it would be so awesome to have Italian, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, etc, dubs!

Italian dub please.

Italian dub please.

Oh, out of curiosity, why would you like an Italian dub the most??

Anyway, I know this is not this thread's concern, but I wonder if they will sub or dub the skinship lines in other languages.

I sure know I want an Italian dub much more than an English or a Japanese one (now all Italian forum goers will kill me hahahah).

Oh, out of curiosity, why would you like an Italian dub the most??

Anyway, I know this is not this thread's concern, but I wonder if they will sub or dub the skinship lines in other languages.

I sure know I want an Italian dub much more than an English or a Japanese one (now all Italian forum goers will kill me hahahah).

Honestly its for the fact that Italian was always one of the most interesting languages to me, plus one of the ones that were more pleasant on the ear. I'd listen to any just out of interest but I typically like Italian.

Does anyone think that it's possible that Ophelia will be voiced by Kate Higgins and Solei by Karen Strassman?

They voiced the girls's grandmothers, Lissa and Olivia, so it is possible.

I know that this wasn't the case in the japanese dub, but it's still an interesting possibility.

I was definitely thinking Kate Higgins for Ophelia. The Japanese release didn't do it, but there's no reason the English release couldn't. Not too sure on Karen Strassman though, it sounds like Hana may already be voiced by her and three characters in the game may be a bit overkill.

Actually now that I think about it, a young boy and also a crossdresser?

I think Yuri could voice Foleo, or at least it wouldn't surprise me. -coughAmanecough-

In regards to my speculations, I've actually read several Youtube and forum comments about suggesting Mozume given some Southern or Texan accent. I highly doubt that the Nintendo localization team would do something like that even though she's supposed to be a countrygirl. This is mainly because having an adorable character like Mozume sounding cute and using an accent is incredibly difficult to do, but it is certainly possible (i.e. the English dub of Little Busters have Kud speak in a cute Russian accent, and sounded pretty realistic if you ask me).

Cute little countrygirl accent isn't rare or difficult at all. Plenty of children's shows have a cute young southern belle character, and the accent was very common in films just fifty years ago (before most American films were in NYC or LA that is). There's a clear difference between being cute with a Texan accent and a Rusian accent: the Texan accent is an actual dialect of English and not just a corruption of English with a couple mispronunciations, therefore a Texan accent can be strong while more clearly conveying personality and emotion.

Erin Fitzgerald for Hinoka please.

It did kinda sound like her in the trailer, but I can't be sure.

Personally sounded more like Karen Strassmen (so did Kazahana, for that matter). Wouldn't be surprised if she did either, or both.

Or preferably it's somebody fairly new to the VA scene who just happens to sound a bit like her.

There's still the possibility that Benoit is our Llewellyn.

I'd believe our Llewellyn could be:

-Zero (but why would they change the name?)

-Benoit

-Ignis

* -Ganz *

-Foleo

That would be such an interesting name change for Ganz, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure if I can see DC Douglas's voice fitting him though. But maybe that's just me, I've been imaging him with Patrick Seitz's voice for a while now so imagining Ganz speaking without that specific voice (or with the voice of another actor) is a little difficult and odd to imagine. ^^'

That would be such an interesting name change for Ganz, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure if I can see DC Douglas's voice fitting him though. But maybe that's just me, I've been imaging him with Patrick Seitz's voice for a while now so imagining Ganz speaking without that specific voice (or with the voice of another actor) is a little difficult and odd to imagine. ^^'

I can see DC Douglas voicing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3lXomqcYk

I can see DC Douglas voicing him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3lXomqcYk

BB dubs too good. I can get behind DC Douglas for Ganz.

A part of me also wants Cam Clarke or Patrick Seitz for Marx.

Edit: I also want Brina Palencia for Belka.... because Varona

Edited by Ownagepuffs

So, thanks to... surprises... we've got more stuff to work on. I still have no idea who Kamui's voiced by, and the only thing I can say about the other VA's is that Elise sounds too close to her Japanese version.