Official English voice cast and rumors

Dark Paladin X

Elise english voice in the cutscene was too annoyingly grating, throughout the rest of video voiceover she wasn't nearly so bad.

Xander's english voice though is SO HIGH compared to Japanese Marx (and not nearly as stoic) I can't get over the difference.

I kinda want to give the english VAs a chance but at the same time might just watch the eng cutscenes on Youtube.

Edited by Damosel

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this on another thread, but I think this is important to say,

is that these could be different voice actors than the ones in the actual game,

remember that Fate's dub has already been recorded about a year ago, so they may not have managed to get all of the original voice actors for this trailer.

Elise english voice in the cutscene was too annoyingly grating, throughout the rest of video voiceover she wasn't nearly so bad.

Xander's english voice though is SO HIGH compared to Japanese Marx (and not nearly as stoic) I can't get over the difference.

I kinda want to give the english VAs a chance but at the same time might just watch the eng cutscenes on Youtube.

I agree with you and everyone else who doesn't like Marx/Xander's English voice. That voice just does not fit him at all I despise it. Elise's English voice bothers me too. I want to give the English VAs a chance, but at the same time I'm not a fan of some of what I am hearing. Sakura, Takumi, Ryoma, and Female Corrin's voices are okay though.

Edited by Frelia

So, I did watched the Corrin in Super Smash Bros reveal trailer and I think I might able to pick up and recognize a few English voices (across from Brianna Knickerbocker being confirmed as the voice of Sakura). Ryouma's voice is definitely Matthew Mercer. Xander sounded more like David Vincent or Keith Silverstein. Elise's voice is definitely very high-pitched, and from what I can tell, my differential is either Sandy Fox, Cassandra Lee, or Eden Riegel (obviously not Christine Marie Cabanos since her high-pitched voice is a little more subdued).

Male Corrin in this trailer mostly sound like Yuri Lowenthal to me. Female Corrin voice seems to be very similar to Female Robin's voice in Smash.

Also, keep in note that you are praising/complaining about Fates dub, keep in mind that voice actors who normally work in video games tend to get paid a lot more than those who work in anime, so it kinda gives you a little insight in comparison to most anime dubs.

Until then, we'll have to wait a few days from the voice actors themselves to confirm all of this.

Edited by Dark Paladin X

The Smash Bros trailer today confirmed that Corrin's name is pronounced the same as mine, which is also Corrin. So I'd just like to say, these VA better be good at enunciating. If you're not careful, it sounds like you're saying Corn. Corn. That's how I'm known by most of my peers. It sounds like they're doing pretty okay though, so I'm not too worried.. but one slip up could make Corrin(corn) the next meme. i would find that incredibly funny and amusing and the best though

David Vincent is an established and pretty darn good VA.

That didn't stop the muffled "Letstipthescales" from being part of Robin's up-taunt.

I feel like judging the VA's from this alone isn't a good idea. At least M!Kamui doesn't sound anywhere near as derpy as he did in the E3 trailer.

I have to agree, when it comes to the FE characters, voice acting in Smash tends to be hit or miss. Along with Robin, we have Lucina being way too condescending in her victory quotes to Marth/Ike despite being softer in Awakening, and Ike sounding very off in his role even when compared to PoR/RD's dubbing.

I feel that the best thing to do is wait and see how the actors work in the proper setting, as they may be a lot better in Fates then what we're hearing in Smash. This is especially the case when we consider that in the E3 trailer, there was a lot more positivity towards the voice acting overall (aside from maybe Corrin).

Edited by Medeus

I have to agree, when it comes to the FE characters, voice acting in Smash tends to be hit or miss. Along with Robin, we have Lucina being way too condescending in her victory quotes to Marth/Ike despite being softer in Awakening, and Ike sounding very off in his role, even when compared to PoR/RD's dubbing.

I feel that the best thing to do is wait and see how the actors work in the proper setting, as they may be a lot better in Fates then what we're hearing in Smash. This is especially the case when we consider that in the E3 trailer, there was a lot more positivity towards the voice acting overall (aside from maybe Corrin).

Agreed.

I mean, from what I remember, Xander sounded perfectly fine back at E3.

After re-watching the reveal trailer for Kamui in Smash, I personally think Marx's/Xander's voice is Dan Green. Knuckles from Sonic and Yami Yugi from Yu-gi-oh are roles he's most recognizable for. I could be 50/50 on this, but I'm pretty sure it's him.

Edited by Amethyst

Just watched the Smash video. Xander's voice isn't really bad per se imo, but it just doesn't fit the guy at all. And Konishi's voice work for him is faaaaar superior.Dual audio or bust. Gaaah I'm so butthurt right now. Though I hope I can familiarise myself with the voice when I eventually play the game. Everyone else sounds ranging from alright to good. I especially like Lobster's voice.

The singing is okay, I guess. But still isn't on par with the Japanese one.

Edited by RidellCrimea

After re-watching the reveal trailer for Kamui in Smash, I personally think Marx's/Xander's voice is Dan Green. Knuckles from Sonic and Yami Yugi from Yu-gi-oh are roles he's most recognizable for. I could be 50/50 on this, but I'm pretty sure it's him.

It was already talked about a while back in another thread, but Dan Green isn't going to be in this game (or any game really) at least for a long time. He's been retired for years and lives on the other side of the country. Would've been neat to hear him though.

I just want to say that the voice acting in the trailer was okay.

I honestly can't tell who Mamui is, but Femui sounds like Cherami Leigh.

Sakura's VA is already confirmed and Ryoma is definitely Matthew Mercer

Elise kind of sounds like Stephanie Sheh from this trailer, instead of Cassandra Lee Morris in the E3 one.

I really can't tell who Xander is. My best guess is Grant George. And I guess I'm the only one who finds his voice okay. Elise was the one that bothered me the most.

We didn't hear the other royals but I'm hoping:

Camilla as Karen Strassman

Hinoka as Michelle Ruff

Leon as David Vincent

Takumi as Sam Riegel

I'm glad that Corn is in Smash because corn is in my top 5 of vegetables.

Edited by llee1000

I just want to say that the voice acting in the trailer was okay.

I honestly can't tell who Mamui is, but Femui sounds like Cherami Leigh.

Sakura's VA is already confirmed and Ryoma is definitely Matthew Mercer

Elise kind of sounds like Stephanie Sheh from this trailer, instead of Cassandra Lee Morris in the E3 one.

I really can't tell who Xander is. My best guess is Grant George. And I guess I'm the only one who finds his voice okay. Elise was the one that bothered me the most.

We didn't hear the other royals but I'm hoping:

Camilla as Karen Strassman

Hinoka as Michelle Roff

Leon as David Vincent

Takumi as Sam Riegel

I'm glad that Corn is in Smash because corn is in my top 5 of vegetables.

*Michelle Ruff, sorry

And I don't mind Xander's voice, or really any of the voices in the trailer, but I'm alone there. They weren't exactly terrible imo but... not as impressive as in the trailer for their own game.

*Michelle Ruff, sorry

lol thanks

And I don't mind Xander's voice, or really any of the voices in the trailer, but I'm alone there. They weren't exactly terrible imo but... not as impressive as in the trailer for their own game.

Like what other people said, it could just be a rerecording.

Maybe the voices will be better in Fates.

I dunno. Its a key scene in the game. The idea that they would completely spoil it for a Smash trailer is kind of absurd to me. Things like the OST and VA count as spoilers from my pov, because just like any visual component they change your experience. Looking back at Lucina's reveal trailer (to compare it to Corrin's) I feel like with both they were trying to go with something kinda.. silly? just to give u maybe a chuckle. So going off of that logic they wouldn't use the actual VA used in the actual scene. Of course I don't think Corrin's reveal got a chuckle out of anyone because it was so poorly executed(seriously just stop talking elise!!! goddamn) but yaknow

Okay, I re-watched the trailer a few times and I may have (operative word: may) figured out M!Corrin's VA.

From about 1:35 to 1:42, he seems to have a softer voice. It's especially jarring, as "Are those heroes from the Outrealms?" is delivered in a deep, overly-dramatic voice, only for "Not to worry!" suddenly sound pretty different. And then there's the combat grunts that seem to be the same voice as "Not to worry!"; that voice sounds like Yuri Lowenthal. Listen to the grunts a few times.

Yeah, he's grown up quite a bit over his career, but to show that much range on the same character seems extremely odd. Anybody got a better guess? The voice from the E3 trailer may have not been the default choice, or they changed it due to negative reaction. Or it's something else entirely and I'm flat-out wrong.

Okay, I re-watched the trailer a few times and I may have (operative word: may) figured out M!Corrin's VA.

From about 1:35 to 1:42, he seems to have a softer voice. It's especially jarring, as "Are those heroes from the Outrealms?" is delivered in a deep, overly-dramatic voice, only for "Not to worry!" suddenly sound pretty different. And then there's the combat grunts that seem to be the same voice as "Not to worry!"; that voice sounds like Yuri Lowenthal. Listen to the grunts a few times.

Yeah, he's grown up quite a bit over his career, but to show that much range on the same character seems extremely odd. Anybody got a better guess? The voice from the E3 trailer may have not been the default choice, or they changed it due to negative reaction. Or it's something else entirely and I'm flat-out wrong.

Yeah, after rewatching the trailer, I'll have to agree. It does sound like Yuri and comparing Corrin's voice to other Yuri roles, it does sound similar.

Edited by llee1000

Oh, but isn't it Xander who says "Are those heroes from the Outrealms"? Maybe it's easier to hear in the Japanese trailer, that's Katsuyuki Konishi for sure.

I've no idea who's Corrin's VA, but it's certainly possible that the voice in the E3 trailer is just one of his voice options. Actually, that makes me wonder how many options we'll get this time...

Edited by Cadmium

I'm pretty sure it is Xander who says the "warriors from the Outrealms" line, least of all because it doesn't make sense for Corrin to ask that question, then reassure himself not to worry.

Corrin sounds more like Cam Clarke to me than Yuri Lowenthal, though now that you mention it, I can hear him in there too. I'd really prefer Clarke though, he's fantastic (not that Yuri isn't, I just expect him to show up elsewhere in the game and would prefer someone different VA'ing the main character).

I'm pretty sure it is Xander who says the "warriors from the Outrealms" line, least of all because it doesn't make sense for Corrin to ask that question, then reassure himself not to worry.

Corrin sounds more like Cam Clarke to me than Yuri Lowenthal, though now that you mention it, I can hear him in there too. I'd really prefer Clarke though, he's fantastic (not that Yuri isn't, I just expect him to show up elsewhere in the game and would prefer someone different VA'ing the main character).

Yeah, it's Xander saying that line.

If it is Yuri, then claps for the vocal range; it didn't really sound like him until "Not to worry!" and the battle grunts.

So someone posted a 15-minute video of the gameplay and the video include some voice acting of several characters. But here is what I can pick-up.

Sakura is confirmed to be voiced by Brianna Knickerbocker and Azura being voiced by Rena Strober.

That's definitely Matthew Mercer as Ryouma.

Xander and Elise's voice acting sounded a lot different from the ones from the Corrin Chooses Smash trailer (Xander's voice is a little deeper and Elise's isn't too high-pitched). This indicates that the voice acting in the Smash trailer were temporary placeholders and this highly indicates that the voice acting for Xander and Elise's voice actors in the official dub is non-union (since Smash games voice acting are union-contracted). But in keep in mind that there are some voice actors that either use pseudonyms for non-union work (i.e. Steve Staley using the "Steve Cannon" pseudonym), or happen to be fi-core (fi-core is basically "third option" for union/non-union issue where the voice actor is allowed to work both non-union/union shops, but aren't bound to the union bylaws and not exactly entirely covered in terms of union benefits. Keep in mind that this is actually a very grey area).

In regards to Elise's voice acting, it seems that it's the same voice actress who voiced Charlotte in Lord of Manga: Maiden Heaven (I've played that game, and trust me I'm pretty sure it's "Claudia Lenz").

Male!Corrin voice acting is also different here, but it doesn't surprise me here since the previous Fire Emblem game gave you voice acting options for Robin. That being said, I've been hearing rumors that Cam Clarke is voicing Corrin (may be possible for Smash, but highly unlike for Fates since Clarke is a union-only voice actor IIRC).

I wasn't able to pick up who voiced Yukimura, Kaze, and Mikoto, but Garon is definitely voiced by Travis Willingham. I believe RInkah is voiced by Tara Platt, Camilia voiced by Laura Post, and Hinoka by Wendee Lee. I'm pretty sure that Leo is voiced by David Vincent and Takumi is voiced by Ben Diskin.