I've finally managed to replace my 3DS XL with a "New" 3DS XL

Just call me AL

I've actually managed to get a new one as an early Christmas present. But I have a question. What sort of protection can you guys recommend for me for it? In regards for screen protection, I think I may have one possible selection. But I don't know what external covers are good. I know Nintendo products tend to be durable, but I'm still a little afraid. And as such, I don't want to take any chances for if the hinges on the 3DS happen to break apart like they did with my last one. Any ideas?

All you should really need is a case for it. Other than that, the best you can do is treat it gently at all times. And don't drop it. Or burn it. Or open and close it quickly and repeatedly.

I would recommend a clear plastic case to put on the system to protect from scratches. I have one for my FE 3DS and it still looks like new thanks to the case.

All you should really need is a case for it. Other than that, the best you can do is treat it gently at all times. And don't drop it. Or burn it. Or open and close it quickly and repeatedly.

I do accidentally drop my stuff sometimes, but I thankfully try to take good care of my things as much as I can. But I'm asking about any external protection for in the event that I do drop it by accident.

I would recommend a clear plastic case to put on the system to protect from scratches. I have one for my FE 3DS and it still looks like new thanks to the case.

I don't think a clear plastic case would help for blunt force trauma on the system itself.