Things You Like That Nobody Else/Not Many Other People Like

Randoman

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh... I like Shirou Emiya as a character. Apparently that's pretty uncommon. And I like Sakura, that's also pretty uncommon. Honestly I'm just the king of unpopular TYPE-MOON opinions.

I also somewhat like the Legend of Spyro games (A New Beginning is short and easy but fun, Eternal Night has some cool ideas but can still die in a hole as far as I care, and Dawn of the Dragon I actually unironically like)

Wait, what? I'm saying I like (understatement, I actually love) that show.

Same here TMNT 2003 I remember I used to be crazy about that show I used to be a huge fan of Ninja Turtles back then oh man good times I still have one of the games that are of TMNT 2003 and still enjoy it heh TMNT Battle Nexus.

If we're talking about SF as " everyone else", my answers would be: Sex, alcohol (specifically beer and my prized single malt scotch collection) and minor drugs (farthest I've gone is cocaine and LSD but I stop there).

If we mean the social base that I have, then my answers are: Buffalo Bills, Winnipeg Jets, Terminator 3, video games and sitting at home reading.

And if it's specific video games, I'd say: FFXIII series, Eternal Sonata, MegaMan Battle Chip Challenge.

Answer your question?

Edited by Jim Moriarty

[spoiler=Sonic 06 spoilerz]Sonic's death in Sonic 06.

I don't really like him as a character, but the main reason I like his death so much is that the creators did everything they could to make it dramatic... Unfortunately, there's a certain level of dramatics that can occur to a scene before the dramatic effect circles around and winds up in the hilarity section. (At least, for me there is.) Sonic's death passes that level and I find his death one of the most awful, hilarious deaths I've ever seen. I AM A TERRIBLE PERSON. I AM SORRY.

Also, I liked Pichu in SSBM. Recoil effect and all.

Edited by BlueLeafeon

the PC game Freelancer, can't remember it being particularly liked but it's one of my favourite games.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy got pretty middling reviews. I really like it.

if Fire Emblem: Gaiden counts as above, though mainly because people don't play it more than they don't like it from what I've seen.

Oh, Freelancer was great. Controlling a Spaceship with the mouse turned out to be a far better idea then it sounds. I never managed to get into the more complex Space sims but Freelancer was just right.

Plus, back in the day I was limited to the English version. So the game most certainly contributed greatly towards my current English skills.

But I doubt the game is unpopular. Chris Roberts' mindblowing success in the crowdfunding of Star Citizen might be more the result of his iconic Wing Commander series. But still, considering his name got him 65+ million dollar throw crowdfunding, then I'm sure his name must have sold quite a few copies of Freelancer as well.

Edited by BrightBow

I think it's because people take a bite expecting Chocolate Chip, and don't like it because it wasn't what they expected

yeah basically

I'm sure they taste okay on their own but

I really hate those times when you bite into a chocolate chip cookie and get raisins

my answers would be: Sex

now, I'm no expert, nor do I have any experience, but I am fairly sure there are quite a few people who enjoy sex

I like Mega Man X3

not sure why so many people hate it aside from "you die in 3 hits at the beginning"

these days I've even heard lots of people call it worse than X6

like sure you die easily at the beginning but that's why they give you Zero

yeah he only has one life but you have to be pretty bad to lose it

just use him for the hard parts in the levels where you can get the armor pieces and move on

I'm not going to defend the final boss fight, not because I think it's fair, but because I had the hyper chip and Z-Saber. Still, if you're on the X Collection, which tells you how to get them, or if you just spend 5 minutes on google before you play the game (which you probably will anyway to find the armor and items like in ever X game) it's pretty okay.

Unironic love for the Super Mario Bros film, right here.

Yes, this. They tried to make the next fucking Blade Runner out of Super Mario. It was incredible.

(i mean they failed spectacularly, but)

(hell)

(based solely on entertainment...)

I forgot this tab was open because I've been trying to think of something lmao nope I got nothing, except maybe pear cider. Everyone seems down on it.

i'm not sure if y'all are being serious or just wanna feel special

it's more like I don't actively meet people irl in the Philippines that are fans of comics. Comic book movies/shows sure, but no comics themselves.

granted SF has several, including Lumi, Starman, Frosty, and Jedi (to an extent).

comic books.

Saaaaame. I'm almost sure 95% of the people don't read/have comics in my country. They all know movies based on comics but they don't actually read any comics.

Edited by BeMine96

Not sure if not many people like them (how am I supposed to know?), but the Wheel of Time series iirc are considered badly written and most people have issues with the characters' personality, whereas I have no issues with it (well, save for the slow pace in the books).

As for videogames, Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories, Megaman Battle Chip Challenge and I must be forgetting something else.

Alternate history is another passion.

I also like alternative possibilities to history (or alternative possibilities taken to individual actions overall).

Edited by Rapier

You want to go up against an ex-combat soldier?

Be my guest but I don't fight fair.

I was just joking around.

Your post would imply that we SF users don't get laid though, some might take it as an insult.

I was just joking around.

Your post would imply that we SF users don't get laid though, some might take it as an insult.

i'm pretty sure that was the intended implication, considering he has said that in the past

so it's pointless to respond to

The Digimon World DS games. They're notable for being the only somewhat decent Digimon games. I never even watched the show.

If FE Gaiden counts, that too.

I actually agree 100% with both your statements. Especially with the Digimon world games. Digimon games as a whole don't seem to get the recognition they deserve.

For me, i'd have to say Star Wars The Phantom Menace and FInal Fantasy XIII. Both of which just so happen to be my favorite in their respective series. Radiant Historia is another one.

Edited by Jagen

Dragon Age 2. Also Final Fantasy 13. Very unpopular on the Internet overall, but I like them...I get why people disliked them though.

Oh, id like to add Final Fantasy Mystic Quest to this thread. I do love that game. Most people only just like its soundtrack (which is pretty gr9), but hate the game itself. I had a lot of fun with it in the 90s.

And I read history for fun. Alternate history is another passion.

All this. I would also add Cleveland sports teams, but while their fanbase is virtually nonexistent IRL outside of the Cleveland area and pretty rare online, they're pretty much ingrained in the culture of Northern Ohio where I'm from.