Meaning behind "Hoshido"

Uchu~

This is sort of an irrelevant topic, not connecting to the game in anyway, however, I thought it would be entertaining to take a look at the background of 'Hoshido'. By Hoshido I mean the word, like I said, THIS IS NOT THE ACTUAL BACKGROUND OF THE KINGDOM OF HOSHIDO. Anyway, lets take a look at what Hoshido really means, its mostly good, but there are some flaws as is in everything.

Hoshido is defined to have the life path number of 6. Don't know what a 'life path number' is? Its basically what the word means all fancied up. People with the destiny number 6 are constantly seeking love. They are driven by a deep inner desire that infrequently leads them to shoot over the target. So it is not surprising that commitment comes hard to them. This compulsive search for love can be overcome only by dealing with their emotions and make their peace with the fact that they want to be loved as a person. Once this need is accepted number sixes no longer need to search for love outside themselves. People with the destiny number 6 are not afraid of confrontations with others who disagree with them, because they are blessed with the ability to differentiate and assess their opponent correctly. They are also surrounded most of the time by people who recognize in them a person who is filled with love. People with the destiny number 6 show their fellow men quickly their true nature and like to be without a facade of cool detachment and superiority. After initial uncertainty they usually succeed pretty good thanks to the love they radiate. The search for love. People who has the number six for a destiny number it is not always a reason to celebrate as it sometimes brings some difficulties. To understand the significance of this number you have to understand that people with a destiny number 6 in interpersonal relationships have the tendency to project some of their own personality on the other. They are aware about their faults or shortcomings and try to transfer them on to others. This kind of behavior can result in having a hard time with long term relationships. After a relatively short time the desire to continue the search for love and experience on the road to perfection overcomes them again. Destiny number 6 stands for perfection and that is also what they strive for. The name number six usually tends put a couple of presents on the way of it's owner. This means many people who are sixes tend to be very creative and might be related to creating music, visual arts or poetry. They usually love the spiritual and sensual pleasures of life. Being very personable and charming helps them pull their fellow men quickly under their spell. But in their essence they can also be a bit fickle and unpredictable, with the result that others do not always know where they stand.

Sound like Hoshido? Sort of? Maybe? I just thought this would be a cool thing to bring up, not really as exciting as many of the other topics, but I found it a little entertaining learning what Hoshido means.

Edited by VincentASM
Ambiguous title

I don't really get what this is about, but it sounds cool!

To be honest, I have no idea either. I just thought it would be cool to discover a little bit behind the word Nintendo chose. I don't know, I'm probably gonna do one on Nohr soon.

Nothing major, but I edited your topic title slightly.

Huh, I didn't really "Hoshido" meant that. Not sure I see the resemblance right now, but who knows where NOA picked the inspiration from.

I always figured it was a play on Hoshi and Do, meaning "Star" and "Path" in Japanese, while sounding like "Bushido" or other similar Japanese words..

• 4 months later...

Hoshi, when taken on its own, can mean star depending on what its written with. Shi can mean 4, or death (unlikely), and do is way of. So an interpretation of hoshido could possibly be path of 4 stars. I dunno, four siblings, 4 stars.

I think Nohr is based off of Noir, french for black, which could make sense given that Nohr is the black kingdom.

I'm gonna need a source on that. It sounds like those astrology things whose credibility are ambiguous at best, given the benefit of the doubt.

Pretty sure one translation of Hoshido means "star path", though.