Anyone here collect Marker cards? Are they holo?

sangyuplee

Nope, they're not holo and besides the hyper rare yellow-backed Marth and Lucina marker cards there's nothing truly 'special' about them except for the fact that they are full art marker cards :P. They only have the name of the artist and the copyright info on the bottom left and right corners, respectively, so they aren't completely text less.

They do look really, really nice though :3.

~ Sokloeum

Nope, they're not holo and besides the hyper rare yellow-backed Marth and Lucina marker cards there's nothing truly 'special' about them except for the fact that they are full art marker cards :P. They only have the name of the artist and the copyright info on the bottom left and right corners, respectively, so they aren't completely text less.

They do look really, really nice though :3.

~ Sokloeum

Thanks for the info! Can you tell me more about the hyper rare yellow backed Marth and Lucina? Do all of the Marth and Lucina marker cards come like that? Were they misprints?

No problemo :3.

Those two simply have a yellowish emblem instead of a blue emblem on the back of the card. All regular marker cards (including Marth and Lucina) have the same backing like every other Cipher card.

It didn't seem like misprints, but from what I remember the sellers said something like they were special one-off marker cards they received as a prize for something. It's been a really long time since the last one popped up (at least before Series 2 was released), but I call it 'hyper rare' since only 3 popped up for auction. I haven't seen any since then :(. I have a feeling those special marker cards might be the same promotional booklet Marth and Lucina marker cards from when Cipher was initially released, but without the booklet.

~ Sokloeum

No problemo :3.

Those two simply have a yellowish emblem instead of a blue emblem on the back of the card. All regular marker cards (including Marth and Lucina) have the same backing like every other Cipher card.

It didn't seem like misprints, but from what I remember the sellers said something like they were special one-off marker cards they received as a prize for something. It's been a really long time since the last one popped up (at least before Series 2 was released), but I call it 'hyper rare' since only 3 popped up for auction. I haven't seen any since then :(. I have a feeling those special marker cards might be the same promotional booklet Marth and Lucina marker cards from when Cipher was initially released, but without the booklet.

~ Sokloeum

Oh, interesting. It'd be cool to see a photo of it one day. Thanks for the info!

Edited by sangyuplee

I scanned in mine; the special markers are the ones on the left. I put my normal Marth marker on the right for comparison, but I don't own a normal Lucina. I got my special markers at the Cipher ladies' luncheon in Osaka at the end of August. I believe that these special markers are handed out at koryukai (special get-togethers hosted by Cipher) and joshikai (ladies-only get-togethers hosted by Cipher) in Japan, hence their relative rarity. I believe there have been five koryukai-type events: Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Shizuoka had koryukai and there was a Cipher-hosted party in Kanazawa. There have been two ladies' events: Tokyo and Osaka. The next event where we might see them is the end of year party at Comiket.

Front: https://flic.kr/p/C24j5x

Back: https://flic.kr/p/ByVMFm

Beyond the back being brown, the illustration on the front (for Marth, at least) is positioned a little differently and a slightly more muted hue, as well as there being no artist credit and illustration title on the bottom of the card.

I scanned in mine; the special markers are the ones on the left. I put my normal Marth marker on the right for comparison, but I don't own a normal Lucina. I got my special markers at the Cipher ladies' luncheon in Osaka at the end of August. I believe that these special markers are handed out at koryukai (special get-togethers hosted by Cipher) and joshikai (ladies-only get-togethers hosted by Cipher) in Japan, hence their relative rarity. I believe there have been five koryukai-type events: Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Shizuoka had koryukai and there was a Cipher-hosted party in Kanazawa. There have been two ladies' events: Tokyo and Osaka. The next event where we might see them is the end of year party at Comiket.

Beyond the back being brown, the illustration on the front (for Marth, at least) is positioned a little differently and a slightly more muted hue, as well as there being no artist credit and illustration title on the bottom of the card.

Oh! Thanks for the sharing!

Aha! I knew there was something else different about them :P. It's been so long ^_^;. Were they just given out as individual marker cards or were they included in a booklet-type thingy?

I don't suppose you're willing to part ways with them, perhaps? I'm thinking "no," but I figured I might as well ask :P.

Thanks for making me realize I'm still missing 2 cards in my complete collection, lol.

~ Sokloeum

There was a folded up sheet with card-sized pictures of some Series 1 cards you could cut out and instructions on how to play the game, titled 無料体験シート (Free Trial Sheet) in the bag, as well as a Promo 1 booster pack, a P01-005 Chrom, three Chrom card sleeves, the two special markers, and two 25th Anniversary posters. The special markers definitely weren't attached to the trial sheet. They were in a clear plastic wrapper with the Chrom card, if I remember correctly.

If there are more official local koryukai events, I'll probably go. I plan on going to Cipher Sai West, as well. If I come across another copy of these special markers, I'll let you know, Sokloeum.

Aha! I knew there was something else different about them :P. It's been so long ^_^;. Were they just given out as individual marker cards or were they included in a booklet-type thingy?

I don't suppose you're willing to part ways with them, perhaps? I'm thinking "no," but I figured I might as well ask :P.

Thanks for making me realize I'm still missing 2 cards in my complete collection, lol.

~ Sokloeum

There was a folded up sheet with card-sized pictures of some Series 1 cards you could cut out and instructions on how to play the game, titled 無料体験シート (Free Trial Sheet) in the bag, as well as a Promo 1 booster pack, a P01-005 Chrom, three Chrom card sleeves, the two special markers, and two 25th Anniversary posters. The special markers definitely weren't attached to the trial sheet. They were in a clear plastic wrapper with the Chrom card, if I remember correctly.

If there are more official local koryukai events, I'll probably go. I plan on going to Cipher Sai West, as well. If I come across another copy of these special markers, I'll let you know, Sokloeum.

If you go to another one after that, maybe let me know as well haha

Yay, thank you :3! I'll try and save up for then. Although now I also want the trial sheet and posters, too, lol XD...

Good luck at Cipher Sai West!

~ Sokloeum

now I know of even more things that I need to get :). Thank you for the pictures. do you mind if I use them on my webpage to show what the special markers look like?

Go ahead! Thanks for asking!