GameFAQs Best Game Ever Contest

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just feels especially lame with people being all "hey guys go vote on this website we never visit just to flaunt how much we love this game" and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

why is that so bad??

if they like the game so much and genuinely like it more than all the other games then that's their right to vote for it

if there are people voting it just because they want to make others mad and they don't actually like the game that much (or at all) then I'd have a problem with that because that's dishonest and skewing the results. I don't know how many of the voters are like that (but there's still how I'm pretty sure majority of people who don't like the game are going to vehemently not vote for it and always vote for the opposing game, so I bet there's a good buffer against the dishonest group)

but I think the people voting the game that honestly like it that much are perfectly fine

This is gamefaq's we are talking about lol, the same site that voted for L-Block to win a character contest.

There is no legitimacy to be angry or to be defending the voters.

if there are people voting it just because they want to make others mad and they don't actually like the game that much (or at all) then I'd have a problem with that because that's dishonest and skewing the results. I don't know how many of the voters are like that (but there's still how I'm pretty sure majority of people who don't like the game are going to vehemently not vote for it and always vote for the opposing game, so I bet there's a good buffer against the dishonest group)

i'm pretty sure a lot of people are doing that simply because they think ocarina of time is overrated for example

I mean no disrespect to undertale but I find it hard to believe that a game that while fresh and while relatively popular in a short span of time, can compete with juggernaut established fanbases of other games that it has beaten in a legimate way. i could be wrong but yeah

Edited by Tryhard

I mean no disrespect to undertale but I find it hard to believe that a game that while fresh and while relatively popular in a short span of time, can compete with juggernaut established fanbases of other games that it has beaten in a legimate way. i could be wrong but yeah

counterpoint: undertale is really good

EDIT: and ocarina of time isn't

Edited by Integrity

or maybe ocarina nerds don't care about gamefaqs poll

good for them

are you kidding

zelda nerds are exactly the kind of dipshits that get mad about internet polls ime

counterpoint: your opinions are usually bad :smug:

truu lmao

are you kidding

zelda nerds are exactly the kind of dipshits that get mad about internet polls ime

ye but usually ain't it the same ones shouting in the void again and again when the vast majority of zelda fans just shut up and play the games

strength by volume, not quantity

yeah but that's why i said zelda nerds you will note this is distinct from zelda fans

it's probably the zelda nerds voting for oot and the zelda fans who've played undertale are voting undertale!

because they got converted~!