GameFAQs Best Game Ever Contest

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this is a bad game or that it's not worth what it costs. I don't see however, why it is so well received.

It's not that good. It's well worth 10 bucks, but nothing more.

On top of that, it encourages you to be a p****. Dude attacks you, let's talk it out. Dude attacks you some more, let's talk it out. The whole point of the game is to literally beg people not to f*** with you.

rallies aren't against the rules in fact they are actively encouraged by the guy who was admin by the name of sballen or something

i mean it's lame either way but still

even with that i wouldn't be surprised (i think it's the case) if all the games had illegitimate votes through additional accounts or botting because gamefaqs allows pretty much any account to vote, even new accounts, no idea if that means a higher amount for undertale or even if it matters but the admins saying "there's no illegitimacy here, they can't get through our superior defenses" is just lol

this is additive with the already existing reasons why you shouldn't care

I'm aware, yeah. It is dumb but it also gets them more hits so I can see why they'd ok it lol

and I dunno about botting but as for voting in general last I checked you don't actually even need an account to vote which makes things easier, so

you're coming across as really angry, just so you know.

EDIT: not you tryhard you're perfect

angry about a video game popularity contest on the internet.

please take that into context and also remember that the nerd war is over.

..Oh, welp

that is definitely not the case

Tone is something thats hard to get over the internet, in most cases I come off as either extremely uncaring or way too emotionally charged rather than finding any sort of middle ground or at least thats how it seems??????????????????? I can be harsh and opinionated but I'm usually content

I would have been like "wow thats really dumb why are these people going so far" regardless of what type of contest but I can't actually get seriously invested in these sorts of things it sounds draining

also I don't think OoT was all that great either despite liking it but I just felt like voting for it given it was the last thing I like left as far as Zelda games go I like Wind Waker more tbh

why is that so bad??

if they like the game so much and genuinely like it more than all the other games then that's their right to vote for it

if there are people voting it just because they want to make others mad and they don't actually like the game that much (or at all) then I'd have a problem with that because that's dishonest and skewing the results. I don't know how many of the voters are like that (but there's still how I'm pretty sure majority of people who don't like the game are going to vehemently not vote for it and always vote for the opposing game, so I bet there's a good buffer against the dishonest group)

but I think the people voting the game that honestly like it that much are perfectly fine

There ain't anything wrong with it no, it just seems like its being handled poorly and rather than drawing attention to the game in a good way its just causing drama

like I said I do believe there are people who geniunely vote for it because they like it but I dunno, it still seems iffy and more like flaunting than anything with most of them and I feel like without the massive urging it wouldn't be considered good enough to win, but I still think it'd get pretty high and thats fine

who knows

since we're talking about video games, why do so many video games with bears have them do a really slow animated attack where they rear up and try to maul you with both paws, only it's stupid easy to dodge so bears aren't a threat? like bears are terrifying irl, why are they often a meat shielded pushover in video games...

He nitpicks too much

For my money adviews while I didn't really disagree with a lot of the details, I got the impression that for him the (almost) totally open go-anywhere nature of Zelda 1 was what defined what "Zelda" is at its core, and to me that idea seems, like, a little insubtantial if just stated without support? Because, regardless of whether that approach was or is better than item&plot world gateways, that seemed to only last for one-and-some-fraction entries, in a series with dozens of them

The games generally fall somewhere in a spectrum of course, and there's a lot of wandering to do and a less-than-completely-unbroken sequence in even the less-freeform Zeldas, but Zelda 1 is kinda lonely over at its end of things

Edited by Rehab

because video games are bad and a poor representation of real life?

i mean we might have a better chance in real life if we were kitted out with sick loot and combat experience like video game characters but yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense when bears would be less threatening than wolves and vermin which are faster when bears can be just as quick

Edited by Tryhard

For my money adviews while I didn't really disagree with a lot of the details, I got the impression that for him the (almost) totally open go-anywhere nature of Zelda 1 was what defined what "Zelda" is at its core, and to me that idea seems, like, a little insubtantial if just stated without support? Because, regardless of whether that approach was or is better than item&plot world gateways, that seemed to only last for one-and-some-fraction entries, in a series with dozens of them

The games generally fall somewhere in a spectrum of course, and there's a lot of wandering to do and a less-than-completely-unbroken sequence in even the less-freeform Zeldas, but Zelda 1 is kinda lonely over at its end of things

Zelda 2 is alone too

counterpoint: undertale is really good

EDIT: and ocarina of time isn't

i understand you're being a cool alpha jock and i deeply respect that from the soul, but whether the games are good or not isn't even relevant

the difference there is that l block is a very ironic thing to be voting for best character while undertale is not an ironic choice

in 4chan, at least, i've seen people basically treat it like a meme, and afaik 4chan was a big contributor to the voting brigade to make nerds angry