Who is the one character you want to see in smash that doesn't stand a chance to get in

Captain Karnage

Gt0bkw.png

1mL76v.jpg

Linkle. But...it'd be impossible to give her customs if it were. No DLC characters can get other customs, unfortunately. But...Sakurai has done more than enough and it just makes me sick that some people don't thank him for what he put in the game!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately with K Rool I think the problem is that since he belongs to Rare, and now Rare belongs to Microsoft, there was more licensing and other technical issues with getting him in. To be honest I'm not expecting much more for DK to make it into any further smash as long as Rare is with Microsoft. Same problem with some of the other third party. Speaking of how much Sakurai was working on Smash, it was likely easier to choose a new Nintendo character, like Corrin, than work through legal issues for 3rd party, since they already had both Bayonetta and Cloud being put in.

K. Rool does NOT belong to Rare.

Donkey Kong Country, the first game he appeared in, was developed by Rare. Out of all of the Donkey Kong Characters, he definitely belongs to Rare. Last time I checked, the majority of the extended DK cast from the Donkey Kong Country games belongs to Rare, unless that has changed recently and they went back to Nintendo for whatever reason. I mean, even Donkey Kong Country Returns and the recent one in 2014 didn't have K Rool or Dixie Kong, or any other previous Country game characters appear. Its unfortunate, its a lot like the whole Marvel X men, Spider-man, Fantastic Four problem, but unfortunately the characters as far as I know belong to Rare.

edit: I did see something that said that Rare handed over Donkey Kong to Nintendo when they left. Wikepedia, while not the most credible source, has listed that Rare handed over all the rights to the Donkey Kong universe to Nintendo when they left. It also shows on the side where it says what companies had control of them, with Nintendo being the current owner.

Edited by Tolvir

Donkey Kong Country, the first game he appeared in, was developed by Rare. Out of all of the Donkey Kong Characters, he definitely belongs to Rare. Last time I checked, the majority of the extended DK cast from the Donkey Kong Country games belongs to Rare, unless that has changed recently and they went back to Nintendo for whatever reason. I mean, even Donkey Kong Country Returns and the recent one in 2014 didn't have K Rool or Dixie Kong, or any other previous Country game characters appear.

Tropical Freeze did have Dixie Kong, along with Cranky. And Diddy Kong debuted in the very same game as King K. Rool did, as did various animal friends.

The rest of the cast is still around as well. They appeared in various less notable Donkey Kong games like Jet Barrel or King of Swing. Funky also joined the cast of Mario Kart Wii. Plenty of those characters even appear in Smash itself in the form of trophies. The king of kroocs himself took it one step further and also appears as an actual costume.

Edited by BrightBow

Tropical Freeze did have Dixie Kong, along with Cranky. And Diddy Kong debuted in the very same game as King K. Rool did, as did various animal friends.

The rest of the cast is still around as well. They appeared in various less notable Donkey Kong games like Jet Barrel or King of Swing. Funky also joined the cast of Mario Kart Wii. Plenty of those characters even appear in Smash itself in the form of trophies. The king of kroocs himself took it one step further and also appears as an actual costume.

Yeah, as I said in my edit, I found out Rare had handed over the rights to Nintendo once they left. Was a little confusing finding all the information, since there wasn't a single article on it, only wiki's.

• 2 weeks later...

The character I wanted in Sm4sh the most when it was first announced was Bandana Dee.

Here's hoping for Smash 5...

But isn't Bandana Dee like one step above Goomba? I think Waddle Dees are much better at serving King Dedede than fighting.

But isn't Bandana Dee like one step above Goomba? I think Waddle Dees are much better at serving King Dedede than fighting.

Sure, generic Waddle Dees are like that.

But lately Bandana Dee has been getting the Rosalina treatment with being playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland and I believe he's playable in the upcoming touchscreen-controlled Kirby game. In addition, he appears in Kirby: Triple Deluxe as the game's Eddie, though this alone wouldn't make him playable. It's still an appearance worth mentioning. He's also been a boss in Kirby Super Star Ultra so he's definitely on a level above Goomba.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about Bomberman? That might be an interesting addition, a multi-purpose robot like Megaman, but with his own unique moves for his games?

EDIT: OH! Preferably NOT the one from Bomberman Act Zero. Please...

I've never played Bomberman in my life, but this is a cool idea

Now as for my character...

Any Shin Megami Tensei protagonist. Preferably the Protag from the first game