Choosing the Best Class for Belka (Poll 21)

Jayvee94

Which is the best class for Belka?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Optimization Poll: Which is the optimal class for Belka?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • War Priestess
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I don't really know.
  2. 2. Practicality Poll (Conquest): Which is the most practical class for Belka in the Conquest campaign?

• Adventurer
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • Wyvern Lord
    • I'm going to bench Belka.
  3. 3. Preference Poll: Which class do you like the best for Belka?

• Adventurer
    • Basara
    • Berserker
    • Bow Knight
    • Brave Hero
    • Dark Knight
    • Exorcist
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Holy Lancer
    • Jonin
    • Maid
    • Paladin
    • Puppeteer
    • Revenant Knight
    • Sorcerer
    • Strategist
    • War Priestess
    • Wyvern Lord
    • She's fine in any class.
  4. 4. DLC Poll: Which DLC class do you like the best for Belka?

• Dark Falcon
    • Dread Fighter
    • Great Lord
    • Witch
    • I don't plan on using DLC classes.
  5. 5. Optional Poll: Which character would you like to vote on next poll?

• Pieri
    • Effie
    • Nishiki
    • Jakob
    • Luna
    • Hana
    • Ryoma
    • Nyx
    • Orochi
    • Kagerou
    • Benoit
    • Arthur
    • I don't really care.

Belka. A wyvern rider of Nohr; Camilla’s subordinate. She was born in the slums and was abandoned by her parents. Deathly silent and devoid of expression. She has worked as an assassin since childhood and is infamous as a capable killer. The most poison-resistant.

[spoiler=Marriage/Buddy Seals]
Spoiler (Marriage/Buddy Seals)

A Marriage/Buddy seal allows a unit to reclass into one of the select class trees of his spouse (S support) or buddy (A+ support). A unit may only achieve an S support with units of the opposite gender (exc. Kamui, Syalla, Zero), and may only achieve an A+ support with units of the same gender.

(The credit for the following information goes to Gayserbeam, as I copied the wording of his explanation. Check out the Class Changing and Inheritance Thread for more information.

• If the users Primary Class is different than their Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, even if the user has that class as a Secondary Class already.
  • If the users Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddy's Primary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class.
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class.
    • An unlearnable class is a class that may be unique to a character or their children. The following units have unlearnable classes: Nishiki (Fox Spirit), Flannel (Garou), Azura (Singer), Mozume (Villager).
  • If the user is married or buddied with a unit who has an unlearnable class, and their Primary Class is the same as their Spouses/Buddy's Secondary Class, then the Marriage/Buddy Seal will reclass them to the Spouses/Buddy's Substitute Class.
    • A Substitute Class is simply a select class a character with an unlearnable class passes down under certain circumstances. The following units have Substitute Classes: Nishiki (Herb Merchant), Flannel (Outlaw), Azura (Rod Knight), Mozume (Herb Merchant).

If you're still confused, let me use Belka as an example to try and clarify matters!

• Belka/Lazward: Belka's Primary Class is Wyvern Rider, and Lazward's is Mercenary. Therefore, Belka would Marriage Seal into Mercenary.
    • Belka/Arthur: Belka's Primary Class is Wyvern Rider, and Arthur's is Fighter. Therefore, Belka would Buddy Seal into Fighter. As Belka's Secondary Class is Fighter, he would not receive a new class tree from Arthur.
  • Belka/Camilla: Belka's Primary Class is Wyvern Rider, and Camilla's is Wyvern Rider. Therefore, Belka would Buddy Seal into Camilla's Secondary Class-- Dark Mage.
  • Belka/Flannel: As Flannel's Primary Class is Garou, an unlearnable class, Belka would Marriage Seal into his Secondary Class-- Fighter.
  • Belka/Wyvern Rider!Avatar: Avatar's Primary Class is Nohr Prince, an unlearnable class. Belka's Primary Class is Wyvern Rider, and Avatar's Secondary Class is Wyvern Rider. Therefore, Belka would Marriage Seal into his Substitute Class-- Pegasus Warrior.

[spoiler=Possible Classes]

• Classes in black are ones Belka can only achieve in either the Conquest or the Revelation campaign.
  • Classes in blue are ones Belka can only achieve in the Revelation campaign.

Base Classes (3H, 8N, 11T)

• Cavalier
  • Dark Mage
  • Fighter
  • Knight
  • Lance Fighter
  • Mercenary
  • Ninja
  • Outlaw
  • Priestess
  • Rod Knight
  • Wyvern Rider

Promoted Classes (6H, 13N, 19T)

• Adventurer
  • Basara
  • Berserker
  • Bow Knight
  • Brave Hero
  • Dark Knight
  • Exorcist
  • General
  • Great Knight
  • Holy Lancer
  • Jonin
  • Maid
  • Paladin
  • Puppeteer
  • Revenant Knight
  • Sorcerer
  • Strategist
  • War Priestess
  • Wyvern Lord

[spoiler=Expansion of Possible Classes]
Primary Base Class:
Wyvern Rider,
Primary Promoted Classes: Fighter
Secondary Promoted Classes: Berserker, Brave Hero

Marriage Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the spouses. we listed the Birthright characters first, the Conquest characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Asama: Priestess -> Exorcist, War Priestess
  • Saizou: Ninja -> Jonin, Puppeteer

• Arthur: n/a
  • Benoit: Knight -> General, Great Knight
  • Flannel: n/a
  • Lazward: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero
  • Leo: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Odin: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Xander: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin
  • Zero: Outlaw -> Adventurer, Bow Knight
  • Jakob: Rod Knight -> Butler, Strategist
  • Kaze: n/a
  • Silas: Cavalier -> Great Knight, Paladin

Buddy Seal Classes: These are organized alphabetically based on the localized names of the buddies. we listed the Birthright characters first, the Conquest characters second, and the shared characters last.

• Oboro: Lance Fighter -> Basara, Holy Lancer
  • Camilla: Dark Mage -> Dark Knight, Sorcerer
  • Charlotte: n/a
  • Luna: Mercenary -> Bow Knight, Brave Hero

[spoiler=Notice]

• In the previous optional poll: Effie placed 2nd; Pieri, Ryoma, Nishiki and Jakob all placed 3rd (technically 4.5). Therefore, Effie gets 3 votes and Pieri, Ryoma, Nishiki and Jakob receive 1 vote each.
  • Grey received only one (1) vote. Therefore, he will be out for 2 polls (returns poll 23).
  • Benoit and Arthur has been added back to the poll. if it is demonstrated again is that the forum is not interested in them: Benoit will be out for 16 polls (poll 38); Arthur will be out for 4 (poll 26)
  • Note: If you plan to go through multiple classes, vote for the Final/Endgame class (except for preference, vote for whatcha like).

[spoiler=Possible Skills]
Personal Skill: Ambush Duty: When user triggers the battle, if the enemy cannot counter-attack, damage +4
Skills are organized alphabetically based on the classes. Within the classes, skills are listed in the order of achievement (e.g. a GK earns Luna at Lvl. 5 and Diamond Strike at Lvl. 15, so Luna is listed before Diamond Strike).

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Belka can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Fighter: HP +5, Roundhouse
  • Knight: Defence +2, Confined Defence
  • Lance Fighter: Defence Seal, Substitute
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Outlaw: Locktouch, Movement +1
  • Priestess: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Wyvern Rider: Strength +2, Cut Through

Promoted Classes Skills

• Adventurer: Lucky Seven, Pass
  • Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Berserker: Rally Strength, Axefaire
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • General: Defensive Formation, Pavise
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Sealm, Lancefaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Maid: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Puppet
  • Revenant Knight: Deadly Breath, Overbearing
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • War Priestess: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Wyvern Lord: Rally Defence, Swordbreaker

Strength +2: Strength +2
Cut Through: Select the “Cut Through” command to swap places with an enemy after an attack
Deadly Breath: When user triggers the battle, enemies within a 2 tile radius have their HP reduced by 20% after the battle
Overbearing: Unless enemy is on a mount, damage +5
Rally Defence: Defence +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used
Swordbreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Sword

HP +5: Maximum HP +5
Roundhouse: Hit rate -10, Critical rate +10
Rally Strength: Strength +4 to all allies within a 2 tile radius for one Turn when the “Rally” command is used

Axefaire: When user is equipped with an Axe, damage +5 during battle

Sol: Skill% chance of restoring half the damage dealt to the enemy
Axebreaker: Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with an Axe

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/
[spoiler=Summary]

Optimal

1. Wyvern Lord

2. Berserker

3. Revenant Knight

Practical (Conquest)

1. Wyvern Lord

2. Berserker

3. Revenant Knight

Preference

1. Wyvern Lord

2. Berserker

3. Revenant Knight

DLC

1. Dread Fighter

2. Dark Falcon

3. n/a

Optional Poll

1. Effie (4+3 votes)

2. Arthur (6 votes)

5. Luna (3 votes)

5. Pieri (2+1 votes)

5. Nishiki (2+1 votes)

5. Jakob (2+1 votes)

5. Ryoma (2+1 votes)

Edited by Jayvee94

[spoiler=Possible Skills]

Base class skills are listed before promoted class skills. Descriptions of skills Sakura can acquire through her primary and secondary class trees are listed below.

Descriptions of all the skills are located on the skills pages.

Base Classes Skills

• Cavalier: Open Assault, Rescue
  • Dark Mage: Bind, Devilish Wind
  • Fighter: HP +5, Roundhouse
  • Knight: Defence +2, Confined Defence
  • Lance Fighter: Defence Seal, Substitute
  • Mercenary: Stubbornness, Patient Assurance
  • Ninja: Locktouch, Snake Venom
  • Outlaw: Locktouch, Movement +1
  • Priestess: Miracle, Rally Luck
  • Rod Knight: Resistance +2, Distinguished Son
  • Wyvern Rider: Strength +2, Cut Through

Promoted Classes Skills

• Adventurer: Lucky Seven, Pass
  • Basara: Breaking Sky, Flamboyant
  • Berserker: Rally Strength, Axefaire
  • Bow Knight: Rally Skill, Kunaibreaker
  • Brave Hero: Sol, Axebreaker
  • Dark Knight: Magic Seal, Lifetaker
  • Exorcist: Rally Magic, Tomefaire
  • General: Defensive Formation, Pavise
  • Great Knight: Luna, Diamond Strike
  • Holy Lancer: Speed Sealm, Lancefaire
  • Jonin: Lethality, Kunaifaire
  • Maid: Servant's Joy, Tomebreaker
  • Paladin: Defender, Aegis
  • Puppeteer: Puppet Break, Copycat Puppet
  • Revenant Knight: Deadly Breath, Overbearing
  • Sorcerer: Vengeance, Bowbreaker
  • Strategist: Rally Resistance, Battle Command
  • War Priestess: Renewal, Magic Counter
  • Wyvern Lord: Rally Defence, Swordbreaker

For more info about stats and growths, please go to http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/

You mean to do this?

Edited by Ebony

The Sakura part, sorry.

As for best class? Probably something tanky from what I understand, or at least something with high skill. Personally I like Wyvern Lord.

I just keep her as a Dragonmaster myself (because I have a no-reclass policy), but I suppose she'll benefit from being a General if she doesn't also get skills from My Castle. Decent Str and Def, extreme Skl for some reason, and awful Spd that will make her doubled a lot if she's unlucky. So... Hero may also work?

This one is easy. Obviously Wyvern Lord is her best class (and for some reason I have become more enamored by Wyvern Riders lately). She might appreciate marrying Benoit so she can dip into General for Defensive Formation since her speed is awful, but I like Wyvern Lord best for her. I don't have the game so this is just based on her growths and modifiers as listed on this site.

Berserker for 70% critical with Killer Axe, and reliable hit rates even with Roundhouse.

Also she will get Rally Strength + Rally Defence.

Berka’s Killer-axe is telling us what Berka should be.

Edited by Tooru

Berserker for 70% critical with Killer Axe, and reliable hit rates even with Roundhouse.

Also she will get Rally Strength + Rally Defence.

Berka’s Killer-axe is telling us what Berka should be.

Ha.

I'd say Wyvern Lord; since I don't have the game, wynaut?

Edited by Levant Colthearts

Berserker patches all her weak spots and gives her a mega boost in growths she wants. She's basically a slightly weaker Charlotte with much more SKL and DEF. Dread Fighter is her go to for DLC for axes and Aggressor, which compliments her personal skill.

I really want to see what people say about Harold/Arthur.

Belka was smart enough to pick Fighter for a subclass. In a way, I can clearly see what their design choice was; a potentially high skill Zerker with good hit rates and good Crit rates. If you're using her seriously, some Fighter reclass shenanigans isn't a bad idea to pick up HP +5 and Roundhouse and to pad her growths, but ultimately she should end as a Wyvern. She's really similar to Hinoka in that aspect (good temporary reclass).

Belka was smart enough to pick Fighter for a subclass. In a way, I can clearly see what their design choice was; a potentially high skill Zerker with good hit rates and good Crit rates. If you're using her seriously, some Fighter reclass shenanigans isn't a bad idea to pick up HP +5 and Roundhouse and to pad her growths, but ultimately she should end as a Wyvern. She's really similar to Hinoka in that aspect (good temporary reclass).

I guess. Too bad that the innate crit evade penalty makes Berserker so very unappealing...

I guess. Too bad that the innate crit evade penalty makes Berserker so very unappealing...

...but enemies only have half the critical bonuses from promoted classes. Plus, it's not killer weapons are super common.

...but enemies only have half the critical bonuses from promoted classes. Plus, it's not killer weapons are super common.

Admittedly, it'd be virtually impossible to get a killer weapon user's crit down to zero. But Berserkers are liable to face crit chances from enemies that aren't even using enhanced crit weapons or in boosted crit classes. Needless to say, constantly facing chances of eating triple damage is no bueno.

Admittedly, it'd be virtually impossible to get a killer weapon user's crit down to zero. But Berserkers are liable to face crit chances from enemies that aren't even using enhanced crit weapons or in boosted crit classes. Needless to say, constantly facing chances of eating triple damage is no bueno.

Talking about Berserker's CEV is like talking about Elise's Def. Both numbers are low, so what?

Elise has aura skills and Berka has Rally Defence, they are more than just being protected.

The use of Berka's high critical is not attacking by herself and expecting a critical hit.

She is a good choose for dual attack so everyone can have a high chance to turn the normal 2~3RKO into 1RKO. Having Cut Through makes her easy to have a good position for Attack Stance.

Whenever Berka herself cannot beat an enemy with a normal attack, she can stay further and throw Tomahawk with Ambush Duty. This is one thing she can do well but some other axe users with their low hit rates can't.

Edited by Tooru

Talking about Berserker's CEV is like talking about Elise's Def. Both numbers are low, so what?

Elise has aura skills and Berka has Rally Defence, they are more than just being protected.

The use of Berka's high critical is not attacking by herself and expecting a critical hit.

She is a good choose for dual attack so everyone can have a high chance to turn the normal 2~3RKO into 1RKO. Having Cut Through makes her easy to have a good position for Attack Stance.

Whenever Berka herself cannot beat an enemy with a normal attack, she can stay further and throw Tomahawk with Ambush Duty. This is one thing she can do well but some other axe users with their low hit rates can't.

It ain't the same to me. There's a little something I like to call "safe exposure" - basically, I can send this unit out to face enemy X and trust that unit to not die. That goes down the drain when you have a chance of eating triple the normal damage from any attack.

It ain't the same to me. There's a little something I like to call "safe exposure" - basically, I can send this unit out to face enemy X and trust that unit to not die. That goes down the drain when you have a chance of eating triple the normal damage from any attack.

Berka has some chance to take X3 damage which many not result in death. Elise will be beaten by X1 damage.

OK, maybe about 8% chance and a 100% chance are not the same to you, and Elise is never usable for you.

Before talking about getting critical, the problems are:

How can Berka get critical when the enemy cannot counterattack?

How can Berka even get hurt when she is just offering a Dual Strike?

Berka has some chance to take X3 damage which many not result in death. Elise will be beaten by X1 damage.

OK, maybe about 8% chance and a 100% chance are not the same to you, and Elise is never usable for you.

Before talking about getting critical, the problems are:

How can Berka get critical when the enemy cannot counterattack?

How can Berka even get hurt when she is just offering a Dual Strike?

Spoken like someone who hasn't lost at least an hour of playtime because the enemy got a critical hit. I mean, sure, while being on the receiving end of a critical hit might not be an instant kill, that doesn't make it any less bad. What's more, while it admittedly is something that I can't ignore, I could actually plan around Elise's lack of defense. Berserkers' crit evade penalty is not something that can be ignored, either, and it's harder to address. Oh, and for your information, I'm not the type to not use a healer just because they're one-shotted.

Spoken like someone who hasn't lost at least an hour of playtime because the enemy got a critical hit. I mean, sure, while being on the receiving end of a critical hit might not be an instant kill, that doesn't make it any less bad. What's more, while it admittedly is something that I can't ignore, I could actually plan around Elise's lack of defense. Berserkers' crit evade penalty is not something that can be ignored, either, and it's harder to address. Oh, and for your information, I'm not the type to not use a healer just because they're one-shotted.

Is it too hard to understand that when there is not attacks, there will be no critical attacks?

Edited by Tooru

Is it too hard to understand that when there is not attacks, there will be no critical attacks?

Speaking of which, I think it's weird that you're suggesting playing a berserker like an archer. Her personal skill deals extra damage if the enemy can't counter, but still...

Speaking of which, I think it's weird that you're suggesting playing a berserker like an archer. Her personal skill deals extra damage if the enemy can't counter, but still...

Actually you are the weird one who plays a berserker like a general.

Berserker gives everyone (except you?) the impression of "high(est) offense + low defense". Of course we should use it for attacking rather than tanking.

Actually you are the weird one who plays a berserker like a general.

Berserker gives everyone (except you?) the impression of "high(est) offense + low defense". Of course we should use it for attacking rather than tanking.

Where in the seven hells do you get that crap from? Because Berserkers aren't one of the classes I use very often, if at all. Hell, they're among my least favorite classes in the series, thanks to this game.

Where in the seven hells do you get that crap from? Because Berserkers aren't one of the classes I use very often, if at all. Hell, they're among my least favorite classes in the series, thanks to this game.

You are complaining about a class with the highest Str but lower Def than Sorcerer and the lowest Res among all promoted cannot take hits, aren't you?