More Kozaki twitter arts

RidellCrimea

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Hana is in a priest garb (her secondary class is priest) and she still has her Katana. Her face is priceless and the picture perfectly sums up their relationship.

Also, shirtless Tsubaki is pretty hnnnggg.

I'm pretty sure she's just wearing a kimono and hakama, which while miko do wear (miko hakama are generally red, though), is also standard faire for what samurai wore inside their armor.

As has been said multiple times Kozaki needed a better art direction because Kuzakihara just wants to make wankable outfits that sell most of the time, a reason the Tellius outfits are so good is not only Kita's style but also the dream team of an art direction that those games had.

As has been said multiple times Kozaki needed a better art direction because Kuzakihara just wants to make wankable outfits that sell most of the time, a reason the Tellius outfits are so good is not only Kita's style but also the dream team of an art direction that those games had.

By the way, I believe Kozaki actually designed some of the class outfits himself--primarily Cavaliers, Great Knights and Berserkers, although he did make some adjustments to the Priestess and War Priestess designs.

So it's not like he had zero control. Perhaps the other outfits didn't really bother him?

You're talking about opinions on the Internet. Chill.

I could also say the same about the group that lambasts the new because the old was better (which I think is kinda silly since they're on a Fates board), but that won't change things.

So what, we can't criticize new games because we're on a Fates board?

So what, we can't criticize new games because we're on a Fates board?

Thank you for proving my point, as well as not responding to the topic at hand.

I suggest you think about your response to this VERY CAREFULLY, because you're right on the border of flame-baiting.

Thank you for proving my point, as well as not responding to the topic at hand.I suggest you think about your response to this VERY CAREFULLY, because you're right on the border of flame-baiting.

Your point in the post I quoted is that it's "silly" to criticize new games because we're on the Fates board. So you're essentially saying we can't say bad things about them, only good ones. We also can't say that the old games are better. So what the hell is the forum for? To echo the same sentiments, because God forbid everyone has different opinions? Call my arguing with you flame-baiting or whatever you will. If I can't be critical of a mod's statement, then go ahead and call me a flame-baiter. It was off topic but your bullshit attitude towards varying opinions should be called out.

I'm criticizing your statements and you're giving me a mod warning. Grow the fuck up.

If Kozaki returns for the next FE, then he should get to design the armor himself. Or at least have someone more competent that can come up with armor that provides more than fanservice (and not even the good kind).

To be fair, besides a few questionable designs, most class outfits are exceptional this time around. Just look at Awakening Heroes vs Fates Heroes, or Awakening Cavaliers vs Fates Cavaliers.

I agree that the fanservice really needs to go, however.

To be fair, besides a few questionable designs, most class outfits are exceptional this time around. Just look at Awakening Heroes vs Fates Heroes, or Awakening Cavaliers vs Fates Cavaliers.

I agree that the fanservice really needs to go, however.

Yes, I agree. Fates improved on most of them.

By the way, I believe Kozaki actually designed some of the class outfits himself--primarily Cavaliers, Great Knights and Berserkers, although he did make some adjustments to the Priestess and War Priestess designs.

So it's not like he had zero control. Perhaps the other outfits didn't really bother him?

Uh, I'd like to hear some oficial word on how the design team worked with Kozaki in general really, it's always interesting to know about these things.

The thing is that the art direction has total control on that stuff at the end of things, it's not like a card game where the art director has to take care of 100 and more arts from diferent artists and for them to be ready and in cards in three-six months which makes it hard for the arts to have consistency unless they are by the same artist, in this case it's just one artist which makes working with him all the more direct and Kozaki did say himself a while ago that initially he just draws faces and the armor is designed by the art director, Toshiyuki Kusakihara, and thus I complain about him.

Outfits bothering Kozaki or not is irrelevant, he's a profesional artist after all, he's just doing his work at the end of the day even if they call him as a guest for a stream about card games just to troll him and have him open booster packs until they find a signed card.

In all honesty what bothers me most about Kusakihara is how we don't have any background about him, literally the only piece of art by him that we have is that one Tharja promo for Cipher and there's a lot of questionable things going on in it, ah well, what I find interesting is how normal and natural Kozaki makes the characters look in casual clothing in these doodles, it's always nice to have these things.

Uh, I'd like to hear some oficial word on how the design team worked with Kozaki in general really, it's always interesting to know about these things.

The thing is that the art direction has total control on that stuff at the end of things, it's not like a card game where the art director has to take care of 100 and more arts from diferent artists and for them to be ready and in cards in three-six months which makes it hard for the arts to have consistency unless they are by the same artist, in this case it's just one artist which makes working with him all the more direct and Kozaki did say himself a while ago that initially he just draws faces and the armor is designed by the art director, Toshiyuki Kusakihara, and thus I complain about him.

Outfits bothering Kozaki or not is irrelevant, he's a profesional artist after all, he's just doing his work at the end of the day even if they call him as a guest for a stream about card games just to troll him and have him open booster packs until they find a signed card.

Ahh, this is what I always point out whenever this kind of discussion comes up. Kozaki's kinda the lil guy in this. If his job is anything like a regular concept art gig, which based on what we've seen of his work it seems like it is, Kozaki likely gets the description for what he's drawing from the writing team and then just draws and submits until Kusakihara's satisfied with it. Obviously, there's probably some kind of back-and-forth going on, but at the end of the day, Kozaki likely does a lot less than people like to credit him as doing in these kinds of discussions.

And for that matter, like you mentioned, his opinion also likely factors in a lot less. For one, he's a professional, and concept art jobs are hella competitive, to boot, so you don't want to go around jeopardizing that if you can avoid it. And two, though a newer direction for FE, the Fates costumes aren't exactly trailblazing a new path in sexy video game costuming. Kozaki himself has drawn way more sexualized designs and way more sexualized compositions.

Not to mention what the artist's experience creating a piece and the end consumer's reaction to the final product are two entirely different things. Beyond maybe initial reaction to a design if you were to see it in completed form and asked to recreate it, there's really nothing sexual in drawing a skimpy costume.

Edited by blinkingbrave

I have some experience as a contracted artist, and I can definitely say that the art director definitely has a lot more say on the final design than the artist. Basically I design something, and I had some degree of freedom there, but then I show it to my boss and he'd point out what he likes and what he'd like to see more of in the design. The artist has some creative liberty, but the art director would ultimately still have to okay it and the artist would have to implement the changes the art director requests.

Hell, when I did my artist job I didn't even use my real art style. I have a fairly, I guess, "bara" style, but I was working on educational mobile games for children and I had to adapt to something completely different while I did it.

My eye tells me Kozaki did draw some outfits, like Aqua's, the Kamui's and Lucina's, since all of these have a lot of his design cues. I could be wrong though (except for Lucina, I'm pretty sure he drew that).

Plus he did draw Camilla's armor, if I have to believe what the 25th anniversary book says. And that thing is uglaaaaayyyy.

Plus he did draw Camilla's armor, if I have to believe what the 25th anniversary book says. And that thing is uglaaaaayyyy.

Did he really design that...? It seems so contrary to everything else he's done for Fire Emblem. At least from the concept art that's been posted on SS.

Joking aside, he did draw a shirtless Takumi and Tsubaki, so it seems that he prefers to draw the male Hoshidans shirtless.

Shirtless Ryouma, plz.

On a serious note, I really liked all of his sketches, and definitely prefer them to a lot of the final designs in the game.

Now if he will just do Marx, Leon, Ryouma, and Hinoka as kings and queen like he did for Chrom, my life will be complete ^______^