Jedi

Welcome to my attempt to Ironman my favorite FE game, forewarning, do not expect top tier play. I did pretty much no pre-planning, and it's been a fair bit since I last did FE6 HM.

Comments and views as usual are appreciated, and I hope you enjoy this lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgq6CUxkc1E&feature=youtu.be

But will the Roy let you down by dying miserably?

I look forward to seeing *Let's Ironman FE6 (HM) [END] before part 10

I actually have more confidence in your run than it appears, yes.

But will the Roy let you down by dying miserably?

I look forward to seeing *Let's Ironman FE6 (HM) [END] before part 10

I actually have more confidence in your run than it appears, yes.

BAD END, Now we gotta learn with Cecilia-Senpai.

:P:, well I'm a few parts ahead so I'm not dead yet xD

Also forgot to mention! Updates will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Edited by Jedi

Lalum or Elphin?

Also: Dayan or Juno? Go Lalum route and use Gonzales

I'm going to likely try to do Elphin and Ilia route, and Gonzales is in the workings to probably be used, as I feel he's underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIqJmVyNV_Y&feature=youtu.be

Chapter 2 is now live, I will be attempting to fix those oddities in my Mic in the next recording session I do, but that will be chapter 4 and beyond. Also any chapter that goes over 15 mins will likely be cut into 2 parts. Etc

Edited by Jedi

Should have bought more javelins. Also your EXP distribution was a little wonky. Sometimes you gave Lance kills despite you not using him which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Other than that though, pretty good job. #NoDeaths

Should have bought more javelins. Also your EXP distribution was a little wonky. Sometimes you gave Lance kills despite you not using him which didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Other than that though, pretty good job. #NoDeaths

Yeah, I'm not really putting too much thought into it x.x, when chapter 4 rolls around when I record it. I'll probably be in the better mindset, and I start properly doing it in ch 3.

...I think haha. I don't tend to focus EXP too much until I get access to the unit select, but I really should.

Edited by Jedi

Remember: This isn't Blazing Sword, Marcus can die.

Yes yes, :P:

Speaking of super units, someone even suggested I do an ironman of fe8 down the road and i'm like "What send Seth everywhere?"

Speaking of super units, someone even suggested I do an ironman of fe8 down the road and i'm like "What send Seth everywhere?"

Then use the master version patch and do a hard mode ironman run........ on both routes........

Edited by ronlyn

[spoiler=What is master version of FE8]

Welcome to my first hack which has to do with Fire Emblem 8 and attempts at improving the gameplay.

This hack tries to improve quite many features of the game and especially the lack of insetive to grind and think.

Issues in the original:

- The vanilla game suffers from post-game mindless grinding which is not needed

as there's no challenge or reason to max out your army.

- FE8 is notoriously easy with stupid and weak enemies.

- Shops update too slow. Combined with the easy chapters, you will fight from start to finish with Iron weapons.

- Many imbalances from items to characters.

- Main chapters are a joke in rewards.

- Lack of tactical t

Master Version handles all these issues by:

- Increasing the main chapter difficulty not by stat buffing the enemies. I don't want this to be an RNG-gamble game.

As you will see in the patch notes, enemy stats are slightly buffed, nothing OP or broken.

In fact, all non-promoted enemies have the exact same bases and growths.

What changes is their scaling, equipment, position and timing/number of events.

Enemy commanders will seem much more capable as they actually have plans to defeat your army.

- The game now focuses a lot on A) unit placement B) set up C) using the appropriate soldiers for the appropriate task

- Bum rushing tact is punished in most occasions. There will be situations to press your advance and make you do mistakes. However, everything is manageable within the timeframes with carefull progress.

- Set up and preparation becomes very important.

- Monster enemies remain as weak as the original. Reason is that the Tower and the Ruins are grinding areas and they shouldn't be a headache while gathering exp and resources.

What about story chapters with monsters then?

You will see that even without any buffing, monsters can still be a challenge when organised.

- Starting positions for the player are different with various consequences.

- Every section of the story maps is like a..."little puzzle"for you to solve.

- Nasty surprises which all can be countered with good planning. Also enough time is given to set up a counter plan

against any surprise.

- The idea of post game is dumped, with all items becoming available before the end

and making the end-game (Ch.20+21+22) very hard for optimised parties.

- The maps were designed so that savestates aren't needed. (Though Ephraim's end-game chapters might need them :P)

I still haven't tried the hack myself so I can't say for sure, but some of the reformations seem pretty cool in the concept at least.

And on the part 3|1/2 the 8:50 happened to me way too many times in my Normal blind ironman run of this game.

Edited by Jeheza

[spoiler=What is master version of FE8]

I still haven't tried the hack myself so I can't say for sure, but some of the reformations seem pretty cool in the concept at least.

And on the part 3|1/2 the 8:50 happened to me way too many times in my Normal blind ironman run of this game.

Thank you for the info.

Also the rest of chapter 3 is UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9aa2Y8W_tY&feature=youtu.be

Dieck putting in work!

Alan is doing pretty great too. I always use him over lance lol

Lance has done well for me like a grand total of once on all of my FE6 playthroughs lol.