Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

blasphemy imo; female korin's design is way better

except in smash where male korin gets the good alt color aka purple

[spoiler=alts]RKWFrTn.jpg

actually can we talk about alt color schemes because these are actually really nice

Edited by Euklyd

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Ms. Corrin looks a lot like Lucina. The two Corrins in front of the default colors look like enemy units or something. Purple Corrin looks snazzy. Cherry Pink Corrin and Pistachio Green Corrin are a no-go. I'll probably stick with the default colors.

tbh I'll probably wind up going hot pink even though I don't like the color that much, it's just too silly to pass up

purple looks amazing though, so I might go that sometimes as well

default is great as always, of course

As far as alternate colors go, disregarding the sweet default colorations, I think my favorites are the blue at least, that's what it looks like to me coloration for Corrin, and the black coloration for Corrine.

The orange female Kamui reminds me of the orange/blonde female Robin. That said, all of the alt colors look kind of … atrocious, to my eyes. The non-default colors don't really do it for me.

actually can we talk about alt color schemes because these are actually really nice

They all look pretty bad to me, except for the black one. Too bad they didn't do a "color pallet of other Fates characters" thing for Kamui like they did with Lucina and the Awakening girls.

This topic...

ByLwQeQIAAAH0qk.jpg

Also, I don't like Corrin's design in that he looks like he's wearing a wig and is barefoot for some reason even though he has plate armor on. Logic?

Well after Awakening they decided to add feet to all the characters, but adding shoes was too much effort.

Regarding my personal opinions of Corrin, I think he looks fairly unique for a sword weidler (similar to Robin). I don't really care about the character, since his game isn't even out yet, but in the end I'm sure he'll be fun to use and battle. He looks like he has potential for competitive play, though these trailers always make characters look way better than they are.

Because of the spin-off of her being in the FExShin Megami Tensei would have been ideal. But...Corrin is enough. I'm sick and tired of all of the complaints about some characters when Sakurai needs a vacation and this is the thanks that he gets. Just be grateful that were getting DLC at all!

Fair enough. I guess it does still make sense from a marketing perspective and at any rate, it is definitely better having the option of a Female Corrin + Female Avatar + Lucina than having no other female playables other than the usual three girls from Smash. (*Armed with a sniper gun, currently aiming at Peach.*)

Edited by henrymidfields

I'd rather get slapped in the face with a cactus than rewarding the horrible writing of Fates like this.

There are plenty of cacti where I live.

Still perplexed as all hell, but I really enjoyed the trailer too bad it's for February 2016.

Bayonetta look just like a Zero-suit Samus, an another nightmare come true.

I'd rather get slapped in the face with a cactus than rewarding the horrible writing of Fates like this.

Like I said, perplexing as all hell, eh ?

If it help (it won't) think of the Kamui in smash and the Kamui in Fates as different characters. as much as I hate the outrealms bull.

Or somethin like, 'Yeah, I'd rather go with people who actually don't sucks in another universe, with background and writing that is most likely much better than yours, smell ya.'.

...I'm going really far, am I ?

Eh, would have been fun, those cactus monster from FF in smash...

Edited by B.Leu

How is this "rewarding" anything? Sakurai is a fan of the series; he saw a potentially fun and unique-looking character, and decided to go for it. I don't give two figs who the "character" is in Smash; I don't really like anybody in it as "characters" from whichever series they're from, but I enjoy and judge them as bundles of moves and frame data.

I hated the inclusion of Dark Pit (who I frequently called Dank Sh*t in my circle of friends); that didn't stop me from messing around with him and ultimately preferring him to plain Pit. If K. Rool or Inkling or whoever was added, I would still try them out and mess around with them, even though I don't care for them one bit as characters. I don't even have any major attachment to the Star Fox series (played 64 and Command years ago), but I really wanted Wolf back because he was a fun character.

I'm sorry for my exasperation, but the steady stream of salt and negativity is getting to me. I don't really see how your post is adding to the discussion (I believe you said the same thing almost word-for-word already).

The blue one reminds me of Itsuki whoever-the-heck's transformation from Phantom Revelations #FE.

Personally, I think they all look a bit too one-tone and gaudy; plus, do we know if dragon Corrin changes color? It could get a tad distracting and annoying when everything that's not a tilt causes the default-colored dragon parts to break up the color scheme.

Edited by The DanMan

How is this "rewarding" anything? Sakurai is a fan of the series; he saw a potentially fun and unique-looking character, and decided to go for it. I don't give two figs who the "character" is in Smash; I don't really like anybody in it as "characters" from whichever series they're from, but I enjoy and judge them as bundles of moves and frame data.

I hated the inclusion of Dark Pit (who I frequently called Dank Sh*t in my circle of friends); that didn't stop me from messing around with him and ultimately prefer him to plain Pit. If K. Rool or Inkling or whoever was added, I would still try them out and mess around with them, even though I don't care for them one bit as characters. I don't even have any major attachment to the Star Fox series (played 64 and Command years ago), but I really wanted Wolf back because he was a fun character.

You know what rubs me the wrong way? This topic was finally starting to steer away from the salt and discuss a new, interesting looking Smash character.

We get it that you really hate Corrin and everything to do with FE14's writing; we've known it for half a year. Heck, you've already said word-for-word the same thing about "rewarding" FE14's writing in relation to this.

From what I've seen and read, I generally agree with you on this; however, it feels like this has just gone too far. We get it; we got it several months ago. Now could you please, please just give it a rest?

I'm sorry for my exasperation, but the seemingly never-ending salt and negativity is getting to me. Let people enjoy the inclusion of a fun-looking, mechanically-unique character in Smash for what it is.

I think you need to cool it down. You're getting worked up over nothing.

I think you need to cool it down. You're getting worked up over nothing.

I specified in-post; I'm getting a bit tired of the same negative opinions being thrown around again and again, especially when things were starting to turn around.

Either way, I trimmed the post down.

Edited by The DanMan

Honestly, I think Corrin is an excelllent addition to Smash because of what he offers, a very unique moveset.

But the negativity is getting to me, seriously, the first thing that came to mind when I saw Corrin's reveal trailer was that people were going to complain about him, either because he's another Fire Emblem character or because people doesn't like Corrin as a character.

Seriously, I wanted to enjoy the reveal, but the only thing I kept thinking about during the video was how people would complain about him.

Maybe this is my own fault and I should't give the other fans's opinons much thought, but still, there's way too much negativity around in both the Smash and Fire Emblem fandoms.

Edited by Water Mage

I suppose it matters a lot how much one values a unique moveset. I mean, Smash main selling point is the fact that you can put the likes of Mario and Link against each other, not it's unique playstyle.

Personally I would trade in a unique moveset in favor of a more favored character or a more fateful portrayal of a character any day. Like, I wouldn't want them to bring back Young Link and give him an entirely different moveset centered based on masks or whatever, just to ensure that he is unique. So Kamui (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't exactly get me exited just because of whatever moveset he may have. Meanwhile, Bayonetta gets me exited because she is Bayonetta.

Edited by BrightBow

It's disappointing there are those that dismiss Corrin due to them not liking the writing of Fates, despite the fact this is Sm4sh and has no story, and they have a fun and unique looking moveset for the game.

Effectively, they are an advert to Europe/NA for the localization of Fates it seems. There was no 'rewarding' anything, and it is the same situation as Roy, Snake and Cloud (Binding Blade, MGS4 and FF7 remake respectively though the last two are probably also for Fanservice) since Smash is a great way to drum up interest in the characters and their games.

Also, Water Mage, due to the very Nature of the Smash Ballot, there was -always- going to be complaining. People were expecting 2-3 characters to be from the ballot itself, rather than 2 extras and only one winner in addition to people being mad their pick didn't get in.

Anyways, in my opinion, Corrin is worthy to be in Smash and I look forward to trying them out when they get released! More Fire Emblem is always good in my books.

Edited by Abysswalker25

The only thing that will suck is if they change Hoshido to be more formal and rebellious when they are actually supposed to be pure of mind and having disdain of fighting. Plus Avatar(Fates) is one of the only three characters to get custom moves along with Bayonetta and Son Kun.

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

I feel like I should probably avoid the topics with Corrin because with talk/mentions of Fates (which hasn't come out over in the US and I'm not importing it) I would rather experience Fates blind and not have "extra baggage" going in when I play it for the first time (no matter how good or bad the game or parts of the game may be), if you know what I mean... :(