Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then don't state them as fact, makes you look a tad arrogant.

Sakurai also said this time that recent titles were more what they were looking at anyways, thats why Robin & Lucina even got in, in the FE interview he said if Awakening hadn't come out when it did, we wouldn't have gotten them at all.

Edited by Jedi

just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's free from criticism

and in posting an opinion on a public discussion forum, you are inviting discussion of your opinion

which tends to include criticism

Well then don't state them as fact, makes you look a tad arrogant.

what was I stating as a fact?

sorry for sounding rude

was it because I said xenoblade and splatoon are too young

just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's free from criticism

and in posting an opinion on a public discussion forum, you are inviting discussion of your opinion

which tends to include criticism

go ahead and criticize my opinions, that's what free speech is for

sorry for the minor derail folks

this is the point I was trying to make

Fire Emblem just lucked out this time

Lucina was one of the three alt costumes who got upgraded to full character

Roy was the Melee vet that got brought back

Corrin is the only new Nintendo character from a stable and established franchise

they all just happen to be from Fire Emblem

Xenoblade is not exactly "new," but it is still young.

Xenoblade is older than Pokemon was in Japan when Smash 64 came out

Pokemon was young at the time, too. The major difference being that it was a smash hit on a global scale. Nintendo also had fewer franchises to their name at the time.

I would argue that Xenoblade was critically a larger hit even if sales don't add up

and when the Wii version sold out every time then I think we see the real problem: the stock

of course pokemon is one of my favorite series too but no moment in pokemon made me feel the same feels as xenoblade

except never mind bye bye Butterfree which is pretty perfect at hitting the feels

Which is why if Awakening didn't sell a certain amount of copies FE be done, right?

Hasn't Splatoon sold over 3 million already in Japan alone on a WiiU console, which isn't even a popular console? And Xenoblade isn't even that young, and it got Shulk anyway. I don't see your logic.

3 million worldwide by now. 1 million in Japan alone.

Those numbers are still bad compared to last generation. Console gaming is sorta bad this gen

Considering how the series has grown (financially) in the face of that, I'd argue that makes it even more of an accomplishment.

The only reason Awakening sold so well is because there weren't many worthwhile games on 3DS at the time and it was getting rave reviews. In fact, it's the most critically acclaimed FE with a metascore of 92.

Edited by Zera

The only reason Awakening sold so well is because there weren't many worthwhile games on 3DS at the time and it was getting rave reviews. In fact, it's the most critically acclaimed FE with a metascore of 92.

Marketing is what made it sold so well actually.

By early 2013 we already had Zelda 3D, Star Fox 3D, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, NSMB2, Kid Icarus, Pushmo/Crashmo, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, Metal Gear 3D, Professor Layton, SSFIV3D, Theatryhthm, Kingdom Hearts 3D, SMT: Devil Survivor, Paper Mario, and Zero Escape in terms of well-received 3DS games. And Awakening came out near the releases of Luigi's Mansion, DKCR3D, Monster Hunter 3U, Animal Crossing, and Etrian Odyssey IV. The good reviews helped, but Awakening sold because it was advertised highly and word of mouth was super positive, not because there was nothing else to play.

Marketing is what made it sold so well actually.

I agree. This Fire Emblem was hyped up as hell because it was the final one. But never in previous installments of FE, a commercial was not made except for RD and FE7, but they were rare to see apparently, because I never saw 'em.

It also sold well because it was on 3DS. At least that was a good strategic smart move.

Git shit together Intyllygent Sisters!

Do we know on who each of Corrin's alternate colors in Smash are based?

Unlike Lucina's alts that were based on specific characters, I don't really think Corrin's alt colors are based off anyone in particular. I can't even think of anyone from earlier non-Fates Fire Emblem games that the colors could be pointing to. What I'm curious to see is if the different colors will also translate to Corrin's dragon form.

By early 2013 we already had Zelda 3D, Star Fox 3D, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, NSMB2, Kid Icarus, Pushmo/Crashmo, Resident Evil, Dead or Alive, Metal Gear 3D, Professor Layton, SSFIV3D, Theatryhthm, Kingdom Hearts 3D, SMT: Devil Survivor, Paper Mario, and Zero Escape in terms of well-received 3DS games. And Awakening came out near the releases of Luigi's Mansion, DKCR3D, Monster Hunter 3U, Animal Crossing, and Etrian Odyssey IV. The good reviews helped, but Awakening sold because it was advertised highly and word of mouth was super positive, not because there was nothing else to play.

Could you remove all remakes and sequels from this list for me?

Could you remove all remakes and sequels from this list for me?

Why? Fire Emblem Awakening is a sequel too. So what would this accomplish? Other than to make someone edit their post just to stroke your ego over a pointless detail?

Why? Fire Emblem Awakening is a sequel too. So what would this accomplish? Other than to make someone edit their post just to stroke your ego over a pointless detail?

Awakening isn't a sequel..... >_>

It's a well known fact that the 3DS was awful in 2011. It needed Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 to push sales. Remember this is the same console that had an $80 price cut within the first year of its release because it wasn't being sold. This was the time when people were poorly reviewing games that didn't use the 3D effect well or at all - now, people don't care.

And honestly, if you're banking most of your successful games on remakes, you're doing it wrong. This totally was the case in 2013.

Holy crap Paper Mario was bad on the 3DS. It probably still sold a lot because Mario and 3DS install base.

Also, Smash for 3DS has more sales than Smash for Wii U (cringe)