CORRIN IN SMASH

Self-Keeping Secret

I'm conflicted.

On one hand, I'm excited to see a new Fire Emblem character in Smash.

On the other, I was hoping Corrin wasn't Kamui's official English name.

...I suppose one of those things isn't quite as important as the other. Anyway. I'm surprised to see another Fire Emblem character when the game already has so many, but I love the series, so I'm not complaining. Even if I'd kind of rather have Isaac.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thigh holes confirmed to be too lewd for the West.

Plenty of people know the character. I've played this game thoroughly and discussed it to death, which is why I'm so disappointed. I realize they want to hype the game up in the West, but Corrin is one of the worst playable characters in gaming. I just don't think he deserves to duke it out with Nintendo's greatest.

I came all the way back to this forum just to see how you would react, Thane. xD I was like "Oh dear, Kamui? Thane's gonna hate this after all the things we talked about!"

I do find it odd, and in the interview I like how he specified "new lords/main FE characters will not always necessarily be in Smash Bros" and pop comes Kamui. I am saddened by the lack of female amiibo like with Robin, though. But that's that.

Jesus fuck English Elise has an annoying voice.

I have a friend who despises Fire Emblem so I'm sure he'll be fuming when he see this, lol. Sakurai is officially in bed with IS.

Kamui, eh? I guess it's cool they incorporated so much of the dragon shifting. Kind of meh on yet another counter move but we'll see how that goes.

Plenty of people know the character. I've played this game thoroughly and discussed it to death, which is why I'm so disappointed. I realize they want to hype the game up in the West, but Corrin is one of the worst playable characters in gaming. I just don't think he deserves to duke it out with Nintendo's greatest.

You'll find the bar for "Nintendo's Greatest" has been set pretty low in Smash.

Huh, wonder what Fates will do with both the Roy and the Corrin amiibo now. Roy might be added as a character, and if he is, then what about Corrin? Corrinception? Another bonus? Absolutely nothing? Eh...

Cool shit, though. Corrin looks tight.

I came all the way back to this forum just to see how you would react, Thane. xD I was like "Oh dear, Kamui? Thane's gonna hate this after all the things we talked about!"

I do find it odd, and in the interview I like how he specified "new lords/main FE characters will not always necessarily be in Smash Bros" and pop comes Kamui. I am saddened by the lack of female amiibo like with Robin, though. But that's that.

I'm honored that my distaste for awful writing is so well-known, and that I write well enough to make people want to see my post. It almost helps me forget about what a shit character Corrin is, but I'll get over it...again...after just getting over how bad Fire Emblem Fates was.

If I'm being completely objective, I've always thought Corrin could have a nice moveset, but that isn't enough to overlook the fact that this feels like a reward for a horrible game that doesn't deserve it.

I would have thought they'd want to add Corrin earlier, but it's probably just for marketing the new game.

Jesus fuck English Elise has an annoying voice.

I have a friend who despises Fire Emblem so I'm sure he'll be fuming when he see this, lol. Sakurai is officially in bed with IS.

Kamui, eh? I guess it's cool they incorporated so much of the dragon shifting. Kind of meh on yet another counter move but we'll see how that goes.

You'll find the bar for "Nintendo's Greatest" has been set pretty low in Smash.

Corrin isn't worthy of being Mario's toilet brush.

I could care less, if it sells fates then its good. Female Corrin is my thing though, shes attractive and I like the fact that she can marry a woman.

People can complain about Corrin's personality and Fates' plot all they like, but Corrin is still a silver backflipping manakete princess who carries a luminous golden chainsaw and can turn her hands into the jaws of a mighty dragon to fire plasma blasts, and I want that in my Smash games damn it

I would have thought they'd want to add Corrin earlier, but it's probably just for marketing the new game.

Look on the bright side. Them including Corrin (amongst all the other Fire Emblem reps who don't deserve to be in Smash) shows how much Fire Emblem is valued as a series. Unless you want the series to end, this should be considered a good thing. Maybe we'll even get a home console Fire Emblem after Fates sells a ton.

Edited by NekoKnight

Look on the bright side. Them including Corrin (amongst all the other Fire Emblem reps who don't deserve to be in Smash) shows how much Fire Emblem is valued as a series. Unless you want the series to end, this should be considered a good thing. Maybe we'll even get a home console Fire Emblem after Fates sells a ton.

Don't you mean home console FE?

Ahh I just realized... even if I don't like Kamui and I continue to dislike them... I can use Bayonetta to beat them up. Oh, yes, now I'm excited.

I could care less, if it sells fates then its good. Female Corrin is my thing though, shes attractive and I like the fact that she can marry a woman.

I'm not sure how to respond to any of this, so if this was aimed at me, I'm going to have to ask you to explain yourself a bit better.

I want the series to continue, and while I'm not one of the people who claim that waifus destroyed the series, I am concerned with their intention of making the game "an anime you can live in", as I believe someone stated. Adding Corrin, and it increasing the copies sold of Fates, feels like rewarding horrible writing and will give them the wrong idea that the abomination they created actually was good.

I'm not sure how to respond to any of this, so if this was aimed at me, I'm going to have to ask you to explain yourself a bit better.

I want the series to continue, and while I'm not one of the people who claim that waifus destroyed the series, I am concerned with their intention of making the game "an anime you can live in", as I believe someone stated. Adding Corrin, and it increasing the copies sold of Fates, feels like rewarding horrible writing and will give them the wrong idea that the abomination they created actually was good.

hmm yet, a lot of other popular games have bad writing? Tales of Vesperia was pretty bad imo. No offense but I feel like people hate fates to be hipsters, and theres a lot of them here on good old SF.

Edited by GrayClouds23

This was aimed at you more than anything

oh no, corrin iz too generic in persona for me, lelz. He iz mary-sue and scary and annoys. Robin was mary sue as well imo