About the Smash fanbase...

I love fire emblem

Why were they complaining so much on the Smash direct, I mean being disappointed is one thing, but being pissed for not getting the character you wanted is just unnecessary. The chat was full of "i'm killing myself, #Fuck Nintendo, ANOTHER sword user, I wanted [insert character here]," these comments are just unnecessary if you don't want the character don't buy the character. Also do they seriously think boycotting Sakurai will make him make the characters they wanted?

Edited by I love fire emblem

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is getting a bit overboard. I always thought people seemed to care too much about representation, but right now its just downright nasty.

I mean Corrin isn't the best add in the world, but its no reason to go screaming how awfull Sakurai is.

Not a fan of Corrin, if they had to add another from FE, would have preferred someone else. That being said, I don't mind that much, I don't get why there is so much backlash, especially towards Bayonetta. She seems like a good pick, and she was doing well in the Ballot so it makes sense to me.

people over-react on the internet. this is not a new thing, nor exclusive to the smash fanbase

Don't get me wrong, I do know that people over-react on the internet, hell I have seen worse than this, but this has been the most butthurt the smash fanbase has ever been.

really? they seem to be in a constant state of butthurt whenever I look previously on any announcement because x character didn't get in

Well to be perfectly honest their just slightly butthurt this time compared to the rest, to me anyways.

Well to be perfectly honest their just slightly butthurt this time compared to the rest, to me anyways.

WELL I SAVED ALL THE BUTTHURT FROM BEFORE FOR NOW

I WAS FINE WITH EVERYTHING ELSE BUT FUUUUUUCK CORRIN

...alright,there,have i met the rage quota?

Bayonetta is our own/Europe fault i don't think people should get mad at that one.

Kamui is a exception, i don't really get why him over all classic nintendo characters, really unnecessary

I squealed like a school girl when Bayonetta appeared and I have to agree with some people that Azura would've been a better FE Fates representative, but there still should've been at least some other than a FE character to take up a spot.

Edited by I love fire emblem

Maybe Azura wasn't picked because she could've been spoilerific? I mean, sure, Smash has had spoilers in it before, but I don't think it's had any for games that weren't yet released in parts of the world that were going to get them.

I honestly don't see the problem with these two picks. Corrin can pull off a really unique moveset because of the dragon thing (yet he still has a counter (sigh)) and bayonetta has that witch time thing which I honestly awesome and she looks to play completely different to the majority of the cast. Cloud is kinda meh but he does have limit break which will distinguish him from some of the swordfighters. I'm not really sure what azura could have done seeing as she is not exactly a combat based character (suppose she's got the water things but kamui seems to have hijacked that.) I love unique movesets and I don't really care about the actual character much so I'm happy.

Honestly it is extremely likely that the whole smash team are large Fire Emblem fans

Edited by Mackc2

Maybe Azura wasn't picked because she could've been spoilerific? I mean, sure, Smash has had spoilers in it before, but I don't think it's had any for games that weren't yet released in parts of the world that were going to get them.

That would make sense in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly don't see the problem with these two picks. Corrin can pull off a really unique moveset because of the dragon thing (yet he still has a counter (sigh)) and bayonetta has that witch time thing which I honestly awesome and she looks to play completely different to the majority of the cast. Cloud is kinda meh but he does have limit break which will distinguish him from some of the swordfighters. I'm not really sure what azura could have done seeing as she is not exactly a combat based character (suppose she's got the water things but kamui seems to have hijacked that.) I love unique movesets and I don't really care about the actual character much so I'm happy.

Honestly it is extremely likely that the whole smash team are large Fire Emblem fans

Well if Corrin had to be in smash at least his moveset is unique. It is most likely the team just love the Fire Emblem series, so no argument there.

What about Lucina?

I personally think Lucina is the cause of all the cause of the bitching about fire emblem. If she stayed an alternate skin, We would only have five fire emblem charters none of which are a clone of any sort. I believe in that case people would have been less bitchy about the amount of fire emblem characters and how all of them are generic sword fighters. Not that the character roster would be different in the slightest if Lucina was just an alternate skin but the community is stupid and thinks she "stole" a spot or something

I personally think Lucina is the cause of all the cause of the bitching about fire emblem. If she stayed an alternate skin, We would only have five fire emblem charters none of which are a clone of any sort. I believe in that case people would have been less bitchy about the amount of fire emblem characters and how all of them are generic sword fighters. Not that the character roster would be different in the slightest if Lucina was just an alternate skin but the community is stupid and thinks she "stole" a spot or something

Pretty much.

Just clones in general if you ask me. If Lucina were made for an alt skin in the first place, then nobody would think twice about Corrin, or over-rep'ing, or potentially the fanbase would want more swordfighters. But if what 'I Love Fire Emblem' says is true and the Smash team love the series so, then why would Lucina be a clone instead of a originated moveset fighter? Why not add Chrom? Is it because people wanted to play with their waifu and have more female fighters? I mean, are we sure the Smash and FE aren't the same teams. The amount of clones.