About the Smash fanbase...

I love fire emblem

I personally think Lucina is the cause of all the cause of the bitching about fire emblem.

You'd have to be pretty naive to think that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the Smash fanbase is that you're taking all of the individual fanbases of the series that are represented in Smash - which all have their good and their bad parts - and putting them together as one fanbase. Which means that you're going to have a whole lot of negative from each fanbase in one location.

The Smash fanbase is the scum of the earth, almost as bad as the Fire Emblem fanbase.

People are always gonna be salty that their favourite characters never made it, this is especially true with a crossover fighter. Corrin seems especially divisive, a lot of people don't like him/her, myself included, but I don't want to rain on anybody's parade.

All fanbases are bad. Leave it at that.

But honestly, everyone's going to be salty. Corrin, really? Cloud, sweet. And Ballot winner Beyonetta? Of course I'm gonna mope about Banjo and Kaz not making it into Smash, but that doesn't mean I can't congratulate Beyo, and see all this as a reason to not buy an interesting character when it comes. This game is magic. We all know that.

When Fire Emblem players are giving bad/meh responses to Corrin's inclusion, how do you think the rest of the fanbase will react?

tbh I've seen more positive reactions to Korin on /r/smashbros and probably even /r/goldensun (which is salty as fuck right now) than here

/r/goldensun was definitely pretty gracious about bayo at least

myself tho, I'm way happier about korin than I would've expected myself to be; the character looks fun and unique and the costumes look nice

bayo I care more about the air wobbles than about the character herself

Maybe Azura wasn't picked because she could've been spoilerific? I mean, sure, Smash has had spoilers in it before, but I don't think it's had any for games that weren't yet released in parts of the world that were going to get them.

Some of Corrin's moveset is pretty spoilerific already. Him/Her being half-dragon is not something that's particularly obvious in Fates.

i'm only unhappy now because they killed project m for a costume

rip project m killed for chuckles costume

this is definitely what happened and I will take no other explanation

first off complaining about the "Smash fanbase" specifically is dumb because that's like thousands of people

second, people are pissed because the first new guy went against all their expectations

it wasn't someone who was very heavily requested (outside of Japan, at least)

it was another Fire Emblem character, adding the total to 6

and finally, no one knew the guy

everyone was expecting some well known, heavily requested character and instead they got this guy that a few people had heard of from a trailer of a game that's not even out yet

am I saying it's justified to harass Sakurai over it? no

but it's okay to not be happy with it

The Smash fandom has been a joke for a while now. And I mean the entirety.

Flaming people and badmouthing everybody in one "fanbase" because a few jackasses behaved like jackasses on the internet makes me question what the joke is here.

I squealed like a school girl when Bayonetta appeared and I have to agree with some people that Azura would've been a better FE Fates representative, but there still should've been at least some other than a FE character to take up a spot.

Yeah like.. anyone could have taken the spot, someone like one of the hundreds of classic nintendo games characters

Crono.

or Isaac if you say Golden Sun was better.

The way I saw it was Corrin was a nice little bonus. I only expected there to be 1 more Smash character and that was the ballot winner. People are always going to be mad no matter who gets put into the game.

The way I saw it was Corrin was a nice little bonus. I only expected there to be 1 more Smash character and that was the ballot winner. People are always going to be mad no matter who gets put into the game.

But the reason come to 'Why".

Hmm...

MU

MU2

Eh? Nothing just thinking.

rip project m killed for chuckles costume

this is definitely what happened and I will take no other explanation

first off complaining about the "Smash fanbase" specifically is dumb because that's like thousands of people

second, people are pissed because the first new guy went against all their expectations

everyone was expecting some well known, heavily requested character and instead they got this guy that a few people had heard of from a trailer of a game that's not even out yet

pmdt works on making knuckles playble, pm gets killed right before update with a knuckles costume. please.

I'm not complaining about everyone in the fanbase, i'm just nitpicking about what some of them are saying. I also said it's ok to be disappointed, but being way to pissed off about this shit just seems like wtf to me. But I can understand what you're saying and probably should've thought about this more before making this topic.

Anyone complaining/being salty about Bayo need to get the hell over themselves. She won the ballot. She was the one with the most votes. Thus spake the people, thus we got Bayonetta. So what the hell. Just...cool your goddamn jets, salt miners! (this is directed in general, not at anyone here in particular.) Im excited about Kamui just because it threw me for such a loop and to spite the other salt miners. I have to respect an addition to a roster that made my helm slip off my head and go "AHHH ZUHH?"

Anyone complaining/being salty about Bayo need to get the hell over themselves. She won the ballot. She was the one with the most votes. Thus spake the people, thus we got Bayonetta. So what the hell. Just...cool your goddamn jets, salt miners! (this is directed in general, not at anyone here in particular.) Im excited about Kamui just because it threw me for such a loop and to spite the other salt miners. I have to respect an addition to a roster that made my helm slip off my head and go "AHHH ZUHH?"

As muck as I hate to say this but I kinda call bullshit on the Bayo won the ballot thing, though even if she did we have no one to blame but ourselves.

I... don't think so, though I haven't really been privy to details. I believe they said Bayonetta was #1 in Europe votes, and in top 5 (I guess #5?) in North America votes, but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think they just felt most comfortable designing her as a character as opposed to the other top characters if there were any higher than her overall.

Edited by Tryhard

I... don't think so, though I haven't really been privy to details. I believe they said Bayonetta was #1 in Europe votes, and in top 5 (I guess #5?) in North America votes, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep. #1 world wide of negotiable and realizable characters.

It was specifically said she was the last new character.

I think they just felt most comfortable designing her as a character as opposed to the other top characters if there were any higher than her overall.

Ok i think that makes sense. I havent been keeping up on the ballot watch tbh, so i was all "huh?"

I wonder who was on the top of the NA votes. if it was Simon Belmont, i cry

Ok i think that makes sense. I havent been keeping up on the ballot watch tbh, so i was all "huh?"

I wonder who was on the top of the NA votes. if it was Simon Belmont, i cry

well I mean, they did add "negotiable"

meaning it was perfectly possible that they were referring to snake or simon, since you know

konami

I personally want to think by "realizable and negotiable" they meant shrek and he actually managed to be among the highest voted but eh it could be anyone or no one

There will always be a bunch of bad apples in EVERY fandom, but the important thing is try to focus on the positive and good sides of every fandom because brooding over people who are constantly butt hurt is just not fun at all.

People forget how much love and effort Sakurai puts into these games and it makes me sad to see the handful of people who are going to throw bitch fits, but you know what? Leave them be. There's nothing to be accomplished from paying attention to them.

I hope he goes on a long vacation because he really deserves it.