Voice Acting Courtesy of Corrin In Smash

Uchu~

What did you think of the voice acting?

I personally loved everyone's that was shown, except Xander's (Marx). That voice just didn't seem to fit him at all. Elise's voice wasn't what I was expecting, but I have gotten a little used to it. Xander's voice, err, just no.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally thought they sounded fine, and I think they'll sound better in the actual game. The voice acting in the Robin/Lucina trailer sounded kind of awkward too despite being great in Awakening.

The one and only eyebrow-raising moment for me was Elise's forceful "He's my brother!" during the decision scene. Doesn't really fit her facial expression.

Edited by Sentinel07

I mean.. Was Elise always an annoying little brat who is overly attached to her brother and needs to get her attitude in check?? Because if so.. I can overlook how grating her voice is. Otherwise? pls. She always gave off the impression of a cute little sister I'd actually want to protect. The voice acting isn't bad at all, its just.. not what I expected. This definitely is not how I had interpreted Elise. Of course, that happens sometimes, but.. egh.

I think its good though that I could tell which character was saying what even when they weren't on screen. I don't think I like the voices overall, but ya'know, personal tastes.

I didn't like any of the voices except for Sakura & Female Corrin

Elise sounded like a big brat instead of a cute little girl

Xander's voice was too high (I know my Xander as a deep voiced man)

Sakura was okay. She didn't sound adorable but she sounded nice.

I hope they are better in the actual game

In the E3 trailer Elise's voice sounded sooooo good... It literally made me cry. So.. Maybe her sounding semi-terrible was just in this one particular cut scene? But overall, I could get used to it...It seemed to get better throughout the video imo.

About the part about Elise being a brat,

Isn't there a part in Conquest, where Elise actually acts rude and shows a similar behavior from the trailer?

If not mistaken, it's after you protect the Hoshido sibilings, during the feast, Sakura tries to talk to Corrin, but Elise buts in saying that Sakura can't talk to Corrin, because Elise says the she's Corrin's sister and not Sakura?

I don't remember how exactly the scene went however, can someone confirm this for me?

In the E3 trailer Elise's voice sounded sooooo good... It literally made me cry. So.. Maybe her sounding semi-terrible was just in this one particular cut scene? But overall, I could get used to it...It seemed to get better throughout the video imo.

I do imagine the actual game being quite a bit better. As the video went on Elise's voice seemed more natural and like her to me. Like someone above me said, her expression DOES NOT fit her line, they should really have that checked.

There also something important that I've remembered,

these could be different voice actors than the ones in the actual game,

remember that Fate's dub has already been recorded about a year ago, so they may not have managed to get all of the original voice actors for this trailer.

There also something important that I've remembered,

these could be different voice actors than the ones in the actual game,

remember that Fate's dub has already been recorded about a year ago, so they may not have managed to get all of the original voice actors for this trailer.

Sakura has the same voice as the first english trailer. The chances of these not being the real voice actors are pretty slim. Remember Sakurai even said Corrin was in production for awhile now.

I think it's worth remembering that Xander's line in this footage is supposed to be gentle and reassuring, which may be why he doesn't sound as gruff or whatever people want.

He's not going to sound like that while saying things like "as for this justice you believe in, PREPARE TO RECEIVE IT"

I liked F!Corrin's voice and Ryoma's.

Sakura and Elise sound extremely different from the Fates trailer and IMO worse.

Xander was meh.

M!Corrin was okay, better then the Fates trailer.

I don't think it helped that the lines in my opinion are just bad

(Also if Elise says that in the actual game, I will be severely disappointed, since it ruins what should be a really emotional scene)

I'm sad that Marx's English voice isn't as strong and deep as his Japanese voice. It's a travesty... Elise sounds annoying, but I really like Sakura's voice. Did Leo and Takumi talk at all? I had a hard time differentiating some of the voices in the trailer.

You guy do know that this was recorded for a quick trailer in the direct and chances are it didn't have as much attention in the voice direction as the game, which is in the footage used at E3 and the like, right?

Imo everyone sounds about right anyways, Xander sounds like a dude in his late 20s early 30s, Elise sounds like an 8 years old little girl, etcetc.

Edited by Jariu

You guy do know that this was recorded for a quick trailer in the direct and chances are it didn't have as much attention in the voice direction as the game, which is in the footage used at E3 and the like, right?

Imo everyone sounds about right anyways, Xander sounds like a dude in his late 20s early 30s, Elise sounds like an 8 years old little girl, etcetc.

Pretty sure they would have used the audio for the choice scene. No reason they wouldn't have, and that would've had as much direction as anything else in the game, making Xander's less than emotional delivery something to be miffed about for some.