So I was playing through Chapter 13 of my FE:A game and had married Chrom to Maribelle. So far so good. We have Lucina introduced and Maribelle talks to her. Then something weird happens:

sumia_glitch_by_thesilentchloey-d9kaq7m.

I was under the impression that Sumia should not be there at all. Has anyone had this happen to them when they marry Chrom and Maribelle? It's just so weird. Is this an actual glitch or is Sumia meant to be there so Maribelle can show Lucina off like she said she would? Also Kaleb (M!Robin) is freaking adorable as a priest on a side note!

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect you to wade through every single thread since Awakening was released, but I do remember that one thread where it was brought up! It's known, and it's pretty funny.

Really? This is the first time that I had encountered it myself...err Sumia appearing that is :D:

I remember this! It's pretty creepy/hilarious lol.

I just had a look at the original thread myself and yeah it does sound like it. That said I was shocked when I saw it on my 3DS.

*Chloey watching the cutscene*: Hmm is that...Sumia?! WTF?! What is she doing there?! And why isn't someone noticing it in the scene?

Pretty weird to see it. I think I may have to check the internet to see if there is a reason that this happens. I think that is my main concern. Hmm I wonder how Maribelle would react to being a grandmother...

IMO it's probably an unintended glitch. A hilarious one, though. . .unless she's married to a male Robin, in which case she's making sure he's not cheating on her? :P:

(or it could be that Sumia really is yandere)

It's basically the game still shipping Chrom and Sumia.

Which is disgusting as Sumia is a married woman to someone else lol! Add to that Chrom is married as well so Sumia has no right to be there unless you married Sumia to Chrom.

IMO it's probably an unintended glitch. A hilarious one, though. . .unless she's married to a male Robin, in which case she's making sure he's not cheating on her? :P:

(or it could be that Sumia really is yandere)

Well I did see the theory that Sumia is a yandere as well. If she is, I think her tactician should probably do something about that lol! I have her married to Frederick in this playthrough :D: and I don't like yanderes that much. Tharja is a yandere I think. Which is why I don't let her anywhere near M!Robin or F!Robin for that matter :D:

Edited by TheSilentChloey

It's definitely not the only graphical glitch the game has to offer. Archers/Snipers can occasionally get their battle animations messed up, and Inigo's enter battle text in one of the Challenge Pack maps (with the giant Risen, don't remember the name).

It's definitely not the only graphical glitch the game has to offer. Archers/Snipers can occasionally get their battle animations messed up, and Inigo's enter battle text in one of the Challenge Pack maps (with the giant Risen, don't remember the name).

You mean that there are more glitches O.O wow...

It's a fairly buggy game, yes. There are also a handful of really bad ones, like how if you set the voices to JP, save and quit, it won't save your voice settings and you have to turn them back to JP each time you launch the game (the only way to return to the menu without this happening is to beat Grima and watch the loooong credits, which return you to the menu automatically). Also, in non-JP versions of the game, including Spotpass characters in your Streetpass team (Logbook Avatars from past playthroughs don't count) will break your team and cause it to be randomly generated for people who receive it (just like if you Streetpassed someone without Awakening Streetpass data installed). These teams are known as Outrealm Orders, and they're fairly easily identifiable by having no listed difficulty/pairings on their Logbook card, having names and greetings chosen from a list (you'll only recognize them if you've seen them a lot), having teams with skills set up in the order they were obtained, and having fairly even level spreads and seemingly random units/inventories. Outrealm Orders are also buggy, actually, in that children tend to generate with your most recently used hair colors and occasionally with impossible skillsets.

There's also a whole host of stuff classified as abuse, which while not caused by exploiting programming errors still blatantly goes against what the devs intended you to do (such as AI abuse).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Sumia: "I wanted to marry you, you bkue haired bitch, & now you have two daughters? I'll mess ye up, m8"

:XD: Not exactly. I notice that Sumia is no where to be found when Chrom marries F!Robin...perhaps she knows that F!Robin won't tolerate funny business, or that F!Robin doesn't kick up such a loud fuss like all of Chrom's other potential brides :D:

Sumia is in only Maribelle's scene. Only Maribelle's, no one else's. Sully or Olivia won't see her either.

Edited by Sunwoo

Sumia is in only Maribelle's scene. Only Maribelle's, no one else's. Sully or Olivia won't see her either.

Yep. The Ghosting Sumia will never get old. But i do think its weird how shes only in Maribelle's scene like that. I guess shes damn mad Chrom married a non-combat unit? lmao

Yep. The Ghosting Sumia will never get old. But i do think its weird how shes only in Maribelle's scene like that. I guess shes damn mad Chrom married a non-combat unit? lmao

Yet Marribelle gives the mage line. Maybe Sumia's jealous because she can't give Lucina that...*shrugs* that or the game is sour about the player not shipping Sumia x Chrom. As if there wasn't enough of that already :/

Yet Marribelle gives the mage line. Maybe Sumia's jealous because she can't give Lucina that...*shrugs* that or the game is sour about the player not shipping Sumia x Chrom. As if there wasn't enough of that already :/

I see more of Chrobin then those two together.

Au where it's Cord instead of Su.

I see more of Chrobin then those two together.

Au where it's Cord instead of Su.

Like I said the game ships Chromia, not the players. I never thought of Cordelia being there instead of Sumia. That would make Cordy creepy :/

Like I said the game ships Chromia, not the players.

Not trying to sound rude/offensive/super invested in pairings, but there are people who like Chrom/Sumia. Granted, less than Chrom/Robin, but there are people. I'm probably reading too much into this I'm tired I'm sorry

On-topic though this glitch is hilariously creepy and I'm really surprised there is no fic about it lmao

Not trying to sound rude/offensive/super invested in pairings, but there are people who like Chrom/Sumia. Granted, less than Chrom/Robin, but there are people. I'm probably reading too much into this I'm tired I'm sorry

On-topic though this glitch is hilariously creepy and I'm really surprised there is no fic about it lmao

And I pulled a damn typo. What I meant was that not all players ship Chromia ugh I hate typos.

Still though why have the glitch in the first place? I would like to see that fic...*pictures a yandere Sumia scaring Maribelle into asking Robin to 'subtly kill Sumia through a stategy' because Maribelle desperately wants to keep Chrom or something to that effect* it could make for an interesting interpritation of Sumia's character as well as Maribelle's.

Why is this suddenly someone's rant about ships? Its a glitch.

Sorry, I'm sleepy and I read too much into stuff <_<

I would like to see that fic...*pictures a yandere Sumia scaring Maribelle into asking Robin to 'subtly kill Sumia through a stategy' because Maribelle desperately wants to keep Chrom or something to that effect* it could make for an interesting interpritation of Sumia's character as well as Maribelle's.

man that's a wild ride from start to finish where can I read that