HELLO SF COOKBOOK - in which internet nerds submit food recipes

Parrhesia

I legit did not notice that you were Proto until I saw your sig. If I had gotten off my lazy ass and turned off sigs like I was gonna this morning I wouldn't've noticed at all (until eclipse pointed it out).

Wow.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So about a year ago my mom found some recipe of my grandma's in her recipe book called "Impossible Pie" and holy shit is it good. I thought it might be worth sharing my favorite version, so I hope everyone enjoys!

IMPOSSIBLE BRUNCH PIE
thanks grandma
1-Pkg (10 oz) of frozen chopped broccoli or chopped spinach
OR one pkg (8 oz) frozen asparagus spears cooked and drained.
1-cup dairy sour cream
1-cup creamed cottage cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/4 cup margarine melted
2 eggs
1 tomato peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350F
Grease pie plate (9 x 1 1/4 inches.)
Spread broccoli in plate.
Beat sour cream, cottage cheese, baking mix, margarine, and eggs until smooth, 15 seconds in the blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater.
Pour into plate.
Top with tomatoes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake until knife inserted between center and edge comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Cool 5 minutes.

• 1 month later...

A very simple and easy recipe for a refreshing banana and avocado mash.

INGREDIENTS:

- A banana.

- An avocado.

STEPS:

- Peel them both.

- Absolutely destroy them by mashing them together.

- Eat.

It's tasty and my mom often makes it for me.

HI GUYS I've decided I will contribute Integrity's brownie recipe because they are very gud and brownies are simple to make~! These are much less sweet brownies because of the type of chocolate we use and because of the slightly decreased sugar amount. If you find brownies too sweet (or are just interested in a less sugary kind), perhaps you'd like to try out these~!

YUMMY BROWNIES

INGREDIENTS

-4 squares German chocolate, any brand you like just as long as it's German chocolate!

-3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) butter IT SAYS "or margarine" ON THE BOX BUT DON'T LISTEN TO IT

-just slightly under 1 2/3 cups of sugar

-3 eggs

-1 tsp vanilla

-1 cup all-purpose flour

INSTRUCTIONS

-OK GUYS so you'll want to start preheating your oven to 350F

-Prepare a 13x9 inch pan by covering it in foil (let the foil go up and over the sides of your pan) and add grease to that foil so your brownies won't STICK :C

-Microwave your butter for 1 minute

-Pull out that melted butter then add your chocolate into it then heat it again for 2 minutes~! (this will BURN YOUR BUTTER which is what you want)

-Stir your chocolate and butter until your chocolate is melted!

-At this point you'll grab your sugar, eggs, and vanilla and stir it into the chocolate and butter and stir.

-Now you add your flour and stir it in.

-Pour and spread this mix into your pan!

-Hopefully you won't have to wait long or at all for your oven to finish preheating, but the fun part is that while you wait you can lick or scoop and eat your chocolatey bowl clean~! But once it's reached 350F you can stick your pan into the oven and cook it for 30-35 minutes. Our oven does it in 28 minutes though, so you may have to trial and error your way to the perfect cook time.

-You can let it cool in the pan or on a wire rack, whichever floats your boat.

-Remove the brownies by lifting the foil out and then you can cut them into brownie squares (or not!!!) and enjoy~!

So the original recipe says to start out by microwaving your chocolate and butter together for 2 minutes. One time when Integrity and I were making brownies we accidentally cooked the butter without the chocolate at first, so we added the chocolate in and then heated it and the butter again with a shrug. But then that made the texture of the brownies come out different... and nicer~! So Ike was like "o ya burnt butter is considered a delicacy" and since we liked it so much we kept doing it that way. Except this time when we made it yesterday we accidentally cooked the butter even more than we did the last time and they came out fantastic. So now you can just burn your butter as much as we did just now and hopefully enjoy these brownies as much as we do! c:

Edited by Freohr Datia

Now I shall post a cookie recipe. I think these are called smart cookies.

Ingredients:

1 cup pecan halves (4 ounces)
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons instant espresso
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
6 ounces chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups walnut halves, broken into large pieces (4 ounces)

Do it!

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the pecans in a pie plate and bake for about 8 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the nuts are lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer the pecans to a plate to cool completely, then break them into large pieces.

2. In a medium saucepan, combine the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate with the butter and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from the heat.

3. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the salt and baking powder. In a large bowl, combine the eggs with the sugar, instant espresso, and vanilla and beat high speed until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate mixture (step 2) and beat at medium speed just until blended. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed, just until incorporated. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts, and toasted pecans.

4. Scoop up the cookie dough with a 1/3 cup measure and drop 5 mounds of dough on each baking sheet; space the mounds as far from each other as possible. Bake the cookies on the upper and middle racks of the oven for about 17 minutes, or until the tops are dry and shiny; shift the sheets halfway through the baking. Slide the cookies on the parchment onto wire racks and let cool completely. Remove the cookies from the paper and invert them onto the racks to allow the bottoms to dry slightly.

Make Ahead:
The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month.

My note: I usually just use 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, and I toast the pecans on one of the cookie sheets (never needed a pie plate). Both the cookies and pecans can be made at 350 degrees. I pretty much just manage to fit all the batter on two baking sheets. Sliding the parchment paper is a good idea: the cookies start off very soft and it can be tough to get them off the baking sheet fully intact. However, I don't use wire racks (don't think we have any), I just use two wooden racks.

I usually get the baking chocolate in bars. You don't really need to chop it, just break it into the pre-divided slabs and melt it in the saucepan.

• 4 weeks later...

[2:15:47 AM] Euklydia: OKAY SO

[2:15:54 AM] Euklydia: BROCCOLI

[2:16:01 AM] Euklydia:

cut up into like

smallish pieces

[2:16:20 AM] Euklydia:

- put in bowl

- add olive oil

- add oregano (hella lots), onion power (lots), your choice of ground rosemary / thyme / sage, and of course salt and pepper

- toss it in the bowl for a bit

- put on the olive oik -> spices again for increased coverage

- put on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper)

- cook at ~500 degrees Fahrenheit for a while until slightly browned and deliciously tender

- (fork should stab them easily, with little resistance)

stolen from google's chefs (like actual chefs ftr); it's just about the only broccoli I like

PSA: if you think you seasoned it enough, you probably didn't

When you say tender for broccoli... do you mean like, no resistance at all?

Also the 'spice and oil the fuck out of it' approach works really well for asparagus too

When you say tender for broccoli... do you mean like, no resistance at all?

I mean like, a bit of resistance is fine. It's ultimately up to how you prefer your roasted veggies.

And yeah, it works well for all sorts of things; we do carrots and cauliflower a lot as well. We've also done potatoes sometimes, but they can be kinda bland.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a cool recipe for

Pistachio Eclairs

(This recipe makes 8 servings, assuming everyone in a group of 8 people eats one, which might be difficult to do.)

I got this recipe from my paternal grandparents when I visited them in Paris! (thank goodness that they gave me this recipe)

[spoiler=Ingredients!]

Ze Ingredients!

Pâte à Choux

• 2 large eggs
  • 1 large egg white
  • 6 tablespoons water
  • 5 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into cubes
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1½ teaspoons granulated sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ cup all-purpose flour

Pastry Cream

• 2 cups half-and-half
  • ½ cup sugar, divided
  • ½ vanilla bean
  • pinch of salt
  • 5 large egg yolks
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes

Chocolate Glaze

• 3 tablespoons half-and-half
  • 2 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
  • 1 cup confectioner's sugar
  • ¼ cup shelled pistachios, chopped

[spoiler=Directions!]

Directions

For the Pâte à Choux

1. Place an oven rack to the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with baking spray and line with parchment. Prepare a pastry bag, fitted with a ½ - inch plain tip.
  2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and egg white together. In a small saucepan set over medium heat bring the water, butter, milk, sugar and salt to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the flour until combined. Return the saucepan to low heat and cook the mixture until it looks like shiny wet-sand stirring constantly. About 3 minutes.
  3. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of a food processor. With the processor running, pour the egg mixture through the feed tube gradually until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and process for another 30 seconds until a thick smooth paste forms.
  4. Transfer warm pâte à choux paste to prepared pastry bag. Pipe into eight 5 x 1-inch logs, separated 1 inch apart. To smooth out, wet a finger and shape the logs or smooth the surface.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes. Without opening the door, reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking for additional 8-10 minutes until firm and golden brown. Turn off the oven and prop the door open with a wooden spoon and continue to bake for about 30 minutes, until the center is just moist and the surface is crisp. Transfer to cooling racks and cool completely.
For Pastry Cream

1. In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat bring the half-and-half, 6 tablespoons sugar, seeds from vanilla bean, vanilla bean and salt to boil. Stir occasionally.
  2. In the meantime, whisk together the egg yolks, cornstarch and remaining sugar together in a small bowl until smooth.
  3. Gradually whisk one cup of the simmering hot half-and-half mixture into the egg yolk mixture to temper the eggs. Slowly whisk the egg mixture back into the simmering half-and-half mixture. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking whisking constantly until the pastry cream is thickened, about 30 seconds.
  4. Remove from heat and discard vanilla bean. Transfer to a bowl and press plastic wrap directly to surface to prevent a film from forming on the top. Chill pastry cream until set, about 3 hours.

Glaze

1. Microwave half-and-half and chocolate together in a microwave safe bowl, whisking occasionally until chocolate starts to melt about 30-45 seconds. Whisk in confectioner's sugar until smooth.

Assembly
  1. Using a sharp knife, cut along one side of the pastries to open up the shells. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a ¼ -inch plain tip with pastry cream and pipe the pastry cream into the shells. Chill pastries for about 30 minutes for glazing.
  2. Spoon warm glaze evenly over the tops of the eclairs. Be sure to cover the holes. Sprinkle chopped pistachios with love. Let glaze set for about 20 minutes before serving.
  3. Filled eclairs can rest at room temperature up to 4 hours before serving. Store refrigerated.

I hope you guys enjoy it! Make sure to enjoy it with tea or milk~

Edited by lammywhammy

I made a new chicken dinner today, so this is almost too good to not share:

ALMOND-CRUSTED CHICKEN (now featuring BLUE CHEESE)

Ingredients (per 1 serving):

-1 chicken breast, boneless and skinless

-Almonds (either raw or lightly salted)

-[OPTIONAL] salt, pepper to taste (I used himalayan salt, black peppercorn, and red pepper flakes)

-1 cup flour (I use whole wheat flour)

-1 egg

-Blue cheese crumbles

TO MAKE:

1. Preheat oven to ~400F. I defrosted my chicken beforehand, so I recommend doing that as well.
  2. To prepare almond crust, place almonds and (optional) seasonings in a blender (I use a Nutri Ninja). Blend until almonds are a crumb-like texture.
  3. Cut along the middle of chicken breast, leaving the breast together but able to be opened inside. Pound chicken until it is mostly flat.
  4. Place blue cheese crumbles inside chicken breast. Adjust amount of crumbles to your taste level. Fold halves together.
  5. Have three bowls ready--one of flour, one for egg wash, one for almond crust. Roll chicken in flour, then egg wash, then liberally sprinkle almond crust over chicken until it is completely covered.
  6. Place chicken on non-stick pan and cook in oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
  7. [OPTIONAL] add shredded cheese (I used cheddar jack) on top of chicken after 20 minutes, cook another 5 minutes.
  8. Enjoy!

I made two breasts so I did not have anything else with this dish, but I assume it would go nicely with some sweet potato fries. Other seasonings are probably welcome as well, but I decided to stick with the basics for this one.

Edited by Hamlet

• 11 months later...

DISH:  [JEW FRIED RICE]

BACKSTORY:  Once upon a time, a little Jewish boy from New Jersey (hi, I’m Shob) married a little Asian girl from Taiwan.

The boy had a family recipe for juicy oven-baked salmon. As any good Jewish boy should.

The girl had a family recipe for fried rice. As any good Asian girl should.

One day they were in the kitchen together. And then something amazing happened.  

Ingredients

-Scallions

-Sweet Onions

-Ceremini Mushrooms

-White Rice

-Soy Sauce

-Siracha Sauce

-Eggs

-Butter

-Olive Oil

-Salt

-Pepper

-dillweed

-salmon (about a pound-and-a-half)

SALMON PREPARATION:

1) preheat oven to 375(F)

2) create a mixture of 50% melted butter + 50% olive oil. Enough to coat entire slab of salmon apply coating.

3) season fish according to taste with salt, pepper, and dillweed

4) On a baking tray—mold tinfoil into a shape capable of holding the salmon + half a cup of water. Place salmon in center of tinfoil and add half a cup of water. Put another piece of tinfoil on top; such that as the water boils, the steam will be trapped inside the tinfoil with the fish.  

5) Place tray containing fish-in-a-makeshift steamer in the 375(F) oven, for twenty (20) minutes.

RICE PREPARATION

1) chop onions, scallions, and mushrooms. Keep separate.

2) Prepare four three (3) cups of white rice in a steamer.

3) When rice is done steaming, add four (4) raw eggs. Mix with rice.

4) Throw chopped onions into a wok and season with salt. Began wok-frying with oil.

5) When onions begin to change color and smell delicious, add the [steamed rice + egg] mixture, mushroom, and scallion.

6) Add soy sauce and siracha sauce. Stir thoroughly. Periodically taste your rice; continue to add soy sauce and siracha until rice achieves desired level of saltiness and spice.

FINAL PREPERATION

-When rice has reached desired level of saltiness and spice, take your cooked fillet of salmon. Throw it into the wok. Mash it up and stir it into the fried rice. Briefly continue to cook and stir.

-Remove from heat when everything is all mixed together. Get a giant serving spoon, scoop the finished product from your wok in desired portion, and plop it into a bowl.

-Eat delicious food.

ENJOY!

Edited by Shoblongoo

• 3 weeks later...

I have a fairly simple one.

Ingredients

- Tomatoes

- Feta Cheese

- Pasta

- Pesto Sauce

Preparation

- Cook the pasta, cut the tomatoes and cheese into squares (guess size depends on preference, but not too little, not too big i guess). Once you finish cooking the pasta, put them all together and pour the pesto sauce on top. Mix well and enjoy.

You could also add sausage or bacon to it, but i much prefer it without any meats.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Giving this thread a much-needed update, with a dish that I swear by. Great as a starter, or just a match with lagers.

Cheese sticks with Shrimp

• 1 lb shrimp, peeled
  • 2 medium heads of garlic, mashed
  • salt & pepper for marinating
  • 250mg box of processed cheese (any brand will do)
  • lumpia wrappers (but of course)

1. Cut the cheese into small strips, not julienne (shoestring cut), but thicker (French fry). Set aside.
  2. Marinate the shrimp in salt and pepper and let it sit in the fridge for 30min-1hour.
  3. Wrap the cheese, along with one or two pieces of shrimp (depending on size).
  4. Fry in a wok or deep fat fryer until golden brown.
  5. Remove excess oil by placing sticks atop paper napkins.
  6. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce (the kind they use for fried chicken), or tartar sauce.

I had to stop myself from laughing when I typed the first few words for instruction #1...

Edited by Karimlan

• 4 months later...

I have a question: is it possible to make rice with the big standard bags of uncooked white rice, mixed with vegetable broth, and then cooked in the microwave (I don’t have a stove or hot plate)?

i don’t need an actual recipe, I just want to know  if it’s possible to make flavored rice like this.

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2018 at 12:28 PM, SMEDIA said:

I have a question: is it possible to make rice with the big standard bags of uncooked white rice, mixed with vegetable broth, and then cooked in the microwave (I don’t have a stove or hot plate)?

i don’t need an actual recipe, I just want to know  if it’s possible to make flavored rice like this.

Microwave rice cookers exist!  I use one for my stuff.

I guess it would be possible?  I just use straight water, because it's a little less messy.

oh sweet--this thread got bumped

On 6/7/2018 at 1:15 PM, Karimlan said:

Cheese sticks with Shrimp

Italian Heresy, but that actually sounds really good. Gonna have to give that a try at some point. 

On 6/5/2017 at 11:09 AM, SlayerX said:

I have a fairly simple one.

I've come to appreciate the virtue of simple cooking. Complex food is nice--buts thats more chopping and prep time, more dirty dishes, more clean-up.

Sometimes you just wanna come home from work, throw something on the stove, and have a meal ready in 20-30 minutes. I can dig it.

Recent kitchen excursions to share:

Image may contain: food and indoor

V
Image may contain: food and indoor

V
46007529_10156394516814064_1620637580510887936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=186cba614c26e0828bde521e5a8a1cf6&oe=5CB1BC36

The chicken dish is a fairly simple one, and chocked full of flavor.

Cut up a pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Put the raw chicken in a bowl: add soy sauce (not to much or it will be way to salty) and chinese cooking wine, pepper, and all-purpose GOYA seasoning. Mix.

Chop up a sweet oninon. Allow the raw chicken to sit in the bowl and soak up the wine and the soy sauce while you chop the onion.

Throw the onion and the chicken into a wok, blast up the stove-top, and apply heat until fully cooked.

Make sure to stir it up as you cook and get the pieces that have spent a bit of time at the bottom of the wok back on top, to prevent the pieces on bottom (i.e. closest to the fire) from burning before the pieces on top fully cook, and get an even cook-through.

_________

The Soup base is 2 packs of miso soup powder for every 3 cups of water--the soup in the top cooking pot photo is 6 packs of miso powder + 9 cups of water (doesn't matter how much you use as long as you keep that 2:3 ratio)

Cook the soup base to a boil, then add any desired combination of raw seafood. The seafood will cook in the boiling soup base, getting nice and wet and juicy and absorbing that miso flavor as it cooks through + giving off that oceany seafood flavor to the soup base itself.

For the above  preparation I used: salmon, pre-packaged cuttlefish meatballs, fish sausage, and seaweed knots. I also threw in some lotus root for a crunchy, starchy, vegetable element. 

But like I said--you can throw in pretty much any seafood you want in there and make it work. You can add clams. You can add shrimp. You can add crabsticks. 

Just be careful not to overfill the pot--it might look like its nowhere close to full with the water/miso base. But once you bring it to a boil and start throwing in more ingredients that water level is going to rise.

You're gonna have a big ol' mess to clean up if that pot boils over, so don't fill it to the brim.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

here's a very easy to prepare fried rice recipe:

Disclaimer: sauce measurements may be more or less depending on the amount of rice being used. For this recipe, I'll assume you have about enough rice to fill half a rice cooker.

Ingredients:

-3 tablespoons of soy sauce

-3 tablespoons of oyster sauce

(oyster and soy sauce measurements don't necessarily have to be exact. I don't even use measuring spoons when making mine. I usually just throw in three spoon fulls from a fairly average sized spoon) 

-half a teaspoon of sesame oil(again doesn't necessarily have to exact but this is generally the amount you want)

-two eggs(can vary sometimes I use three)

-really almost any kind of vegetable(I usually just use what I can find in the fridge which are usually carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, maybe tofu)

-any kind of meat really though there is are a couple extra steps if the meat is raw.

neither meat nor vegetables are required you really just need one or the other.

Instructions:

cut up whatever vegetables you found into about 1-inch size chunks and set them aside for now. doesn't have to exact but they at least need to be bite sized. 

cut up the meat into similarly sized pieces.

crack and beat the eggs into a small bowl(This step is entirely skippable. It's just something I normally do)

mix together the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl.

use oil/butter/etc. to make the wok(any big pan will do so long as the sides are raised high enough or you're careful enough) nonstick, then throw the eggs in there and scramble them. Once the eggs are cooked empty them out on a plate or something and set them aside for now. Next either throw in the meat if it's raw or the vegetables if they're raw. 

-if you throw in the raw meat first cook it thoroughly.

-if you throw in the veggies cook for a couple minutes for them to soften up a bit

-if neither are raw skip this step entirely

Then you wanna throw in the rice and stir it around continuously with a big wooden spoon while also breaking it up so it isn't clumpy. Only stop to put the other ingredients in. Next throw in the scrambled eggs as well as the vegetables and meat if you haven't already. Then Finally stir in the sauce. Keep stirring the rice until the sauce has evenly spread and been absorbed by the rice(This usually only takes a couple minutes) indicated by the brown change in color. And that's it enjoy!

Edited by Otts486

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Italian Heresy, but that actually sounds really good. Gonna have to give that a try at some point. 

Thanks :D This guy was raised Catholic (so you can say goy if it doesn't strike you as derisive/derogatory lol) and needed a quick starter during a Lenten lunch held on Good Friday.

Here's another bump.

EGGPLANT TORTA (OMELET)

• 1 Chinese eggplant (or any small/medium eggplant)
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
  • ¼ cup cooking oil
  1. Heat the eggplant directly over fire in a stovetop until the skin of the eggplant turns brown to black, rotating every 2-3 minutes until all parts of it are almost burnt.
  2. Let the eggplant cool down and then peel the skin off using your fingers. The inside part of the eggplant should be steamed just right at this point.
  3. Arrange the peeled eggplant in a plate and then flatten using a fork. Set aside.
  4. Beat the egg in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Continue beating until the salt and pepper are well blended.
  5. Dip the eggplant in the egg mixture.
  6. Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, start to fry one side of the eggplant until it gets medium brown.
  7. Pour the remaining egg mixture on top of the eggplant. Turn it over and fry the other side until it gets light to medium brown.
  8. Remove from the pan and arrange in a wide plate. Serve with banana ketchup.

NOTES

• Tomato ketchup can work here, but the tangy-sweet taste of banana ketchup woks best with the omelet. Banana ketchup can be found in some Filipino grocery stores (in your case, FilStop in Jersey City).
  • Ground pork/beef can be added to the egg mixture too. They need to be browned a bit though. 

• 1 year later...

Wow! 2 years, and the Serenes Forest cookbook hasn't been updated. So, without further ado, here is a Gravy Recipe of my own.

------------------------------------------------GRAVY------------------------------------------------------------

Half an onion, sliced

Half a box of mushrooms

2 TBSP of flour

1 3/4 cups of chicken stock (Preferably already salted, although you can add salt during the cooking)

1/4 cup of red wine (can be substituted with extra broth, but makes it flavorful)

3/4 stick of butter

Dried Rosemary and Thyme

Salt and Black Pepper at Discretion where not listed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take 1/4 of a stick of butter, and melt it in a pan. Add the Onions and Mushrooms, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the mushrooms have completed cooking. Add black pepper and remove from heat. 

In a separate pot, take the rest of the butter and melt it on med-low heat. Then, add the flour, rosemary, and thyme to the pot and stir until cooked (Not sure how long it took me, but about until the flour has absorbed the butter and a couple of minutes. Just don't turn it into a pancake.)

Afterwards add the Red Wine, and stir it with the Flour-butter mixture until the alcohol has reduced. Then, add the vegetables and the stock. Increase heat to medium, and stir until the flour has been dissolved in the stock. Heat until thick, and serve over bread or meat or whatever.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope I didn't miss anything. I also will take criticism and improvement for this dish. Enjoy!

Eh, what the heck.

This is something I make all the time.

----------------------

Keto/paleo brownies

1/3 cup cocoa/cacao powder

1-2 tbsp unsalted butter

1 cup of your nut butter of choice (almond, peanut, etc.)

3 whole eggs

1 cup almond milk

a dash of sea salt

splash of vanilla extract

Your sweetener of choice (I use about 2 tsp pure stevia, or to taste)

Walnuts (optional)

---------------------------

Melt the butter and nut butter in a bowl and stir thoroughly.

Crack the eggs in a separate bowl and mix with the almond milk, vanilla, and salt.

Take the nut butter mixture and add it to the egg and milk mixture. Stir with a whisk until completely blended together.

Add the sweetener and mix it in.

I usually use an 8 x 8 glass pan with parchment paper to bake it, but a 9 x 13 cast iron with parchment works as well.

Add walnuts on top if you like.

Set oven to 375* and bake for about 12-15 min, or until the center is still a bit underdone.

Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then enjoy.

Edited by twilitfalchion

• 3 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 2:02 AM, LightingChaos said:

take slice of ham

take slice of processed cheese

roll up cheese with ham and put in toothpick

easy gamer snack bros 

The toothpick is the most important ingredient, since it allows you to consume the snack without getting food on your hands and, therefore, your controller.

This is one of my favorite recipes, it pairs very well with the above:

Pickle in a Cup - Chowder Fan Club

• 3 years later...

Mamorin-Style Curry, feat. ridiculously vauge instructions because I can't remember what brands she uses and the show cuts off before she actually cooks:

Ingredients:

-Pre-cooked rice

-Packaged Curry Stuff of which the brand I cannot recall

Method:

1. Mix the ingredients.

2. Put it in the microwave.

3. Cook it for as long as you feel like; this bit isn't shown.