If You Could "Revive" a Game Series, Which One Would You Choose?

CooledEvergreen

Zero Escape/9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. The first game is AMAZING, the second is subjective, and the third one is stuck in development hell. While we did get some news on ZE3 a while ago, I just wish it was more popular, because overall I think its one of the greatest games I've ever played. I don't normally buy games to play for myself-- I prefer let's plays- but I bought Virtue's Last Reward and enjoyed it. I'll probably do the same for ZE3 if it ever comes out in my lifetime.

You do realise that Zero Escape 3 has a title, a potential release date and a wealth of information about it?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise that Zero Escape 3 has a title, a potential release date and a wealth of information about it?

Yep. Just feels like it took a while to get to this point. I remember all the anguish over the lack of anything regarding it. Like I said, I just wish it was more popular.

The day they revive Spyro, Crash, most classic Rareware franchises, classic PC adventure games like Monkey Island, some actually good aventure games by telltalegames, Outcast, Turok and some other franchises from the 90s.. balance will be restored to the universe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/15/n64-classic-turok-remastered-for-pc-comes-out-december-17th/

---

It's so hard to pick just one series. I guess, if we were operating under the principle of "You get to bring the series back and lead development on it" and not just a case of "Pick a series and it comes back, guaranteed", I'd probably go with the Grandia series. I love the series, but with its creator passing away a few years ago and the very lukewarm reception to the most recent games (Grandia Online, a Japanese-exclusive MMO, and Grandia III), it's basically been in limbo. Doesn't help that Square Enix basically tanked Grandia III, either.

It's got the best "ATB"-type of battle system that I've ever experienced and it deserves to continue onward. It just needs a story that is on the level of the first two games.

[spoiler=Full list that I had trouble picking from]

Descent

Evolution

Golden Sun

Grandia

Power Stone

Rocket Knight

Sakura Wars

San Francisco Rush

Soul Calibur

Zone of the Enders

Oh yes, I'm well aware about that and it warms my heart, but Night Dive Studios' plan is to first focus on remastering more Turok games in the future.

No plans on creating anything completely new, I mean. Although, they also aquired the System Shock IP and gave Otherside Entertainment permission to create a third game. Huzzah. : )

F-Zero...

...F-Zero

...F-Zero.

...F-Zero...

...F-Zero...F-Zero...

...F-Zero.

Hey kids, did I ever tell you about Fast Racing Neo?

It's only $15 on Wii U right now. Have a nice day.

Edited by Zera

Have you ever played any star control 3 and if so, do you think I should consider trying it at some point?

I have not, I've only played 1 and 2, I absolutely loooove 2, but I heard bad things about 3 :<

Crash Bandicoot:

I would love a continuation of this series. I would not want a complete reboot, simply because I have yet to play a reboot that I actually like. I would do a "soft reboot" and pick it up after Crash Team Racing, keeping CTR and everything before it, but erase everything after CTR and start fresh from there. Or pick up from Twinsanity, since that, Wrath of Cortex, and Bash were actually good (unlike the other games after CTR). I would not keep this series going on for too much longer though, I'd only make a few more games and then give it an awesome ending and retire it.

Pre-Lords of Shadow Castlevania:

I don't really know why they rebooted Castlevania in the first place. It really didn't need it. You could argue that the 3D games weren't great (I would argue that Lament of Innocence was good), but the GBA/DS games were fantastic! They didn't need to reboot it with Lords of Shadow, they could have (and should have) just kept pumping out those excellent GBA/DS-styled games.

I'm tempted to throw my hat at Spyro the Dragon and Earthbound/Mother, but to be honest I'm satisfied with them and don't feel like I need anymore. The PS1 trilogy of Spyro games were pretty amazing and wrapped up nicely (we don't speak of any game after those), and I feel the same about Earthbound/Mother.

Stop saying Golden Sun. The series just put out a game about a year and a half ago.

It was more than a year and a half ago that Golden Sun: Dark Dawn came out- Dark Dawn came out in 2009/2010? So it was 5, nearly 6 years ago, if my memory serves me correctly. Yes, they did release the original two games on the Wii U Virtual console, but that doesn't mean that they put out a NEW game a year and a half ago.

Golden Sun does need a revival- Dark Dawn ended on one hell of a cliffhanger, plus there were aspects of that game that kinda sucked. Reviving the series would mean remaking the first two games, reworking Dark Dawn to make it better and releasing a new game that resolves Dark Dawn's cliffhanger.