If You Could "Revive" a Game Series, Which One Would You Choose?

CooledEvergreen

Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash Crash

CRASH BANDICOOT!

Would probably be best to reboot the whole franchise as it's been, what, 7, 8 years since the last game came out? And even then Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant seemed to exist in their own world completely separate from the rest of the series.

As for gameplay style, either another game in the same style as Warped and Wrath of Cortex or following in the style of Crash Twinsanity.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SaGa series. The fighting mechanics in Unlimited SaGa sucked, but that's not a good reason for killing off a good series. Besides, there's a need for high budget turn-based rpgs nowadays, with Final Fantasy turning action that could be a way to apologize from Square Enix.

Power Stone.

Are you noticing a pattern here? Another Capcom series!

Man, I wish I had a Dreamcast, because Power Stone 2 literally looks like a 3D Smash Bros game. They should make Power Stone 3 for Wii U.

That made me think of Suikoden Tierkries (sp?).

hey i like that game!

sure its not as good as the rest of the series but its still an amazing game with great characters and a great story

and the battle system is great to :)

Edited by animeapple

Suikoden, probably. I've only seen it on YouTube, but judging by how good the second game looks, I'm sure they could do something amazing again with time and money.

Knights of the Old Republic - not the neutered mess it became with the MMORPG.

I would say Ace Attorney considering a new team has taken over the "real" timeline and Capcom meddled with the fourth game, which is why it feels like two incomplete games rather than one whole experience. The new team has some pretty bad writers, and for a visual novel, that's a pretty big deal. I'd just want to play according to the vision of the original writer. Might be cheating considering the series is not dead, but after Ace Attorney five, it might as well be.

Metroid - not exactly my cup of tea, but it deserves better than the abomination that was Other M.

Banjo Kazooie - let's hope Yooka Laylee performs well!

Suikoden, probably. I've only seen it on YouTube, but judging by how good the second game looks, I'm sure they could do something amazing again with time and money.

I would say Ace Attorney considering a new team has taken over the "real" timeline and Capcom meddled with the fourth game, which is why it feels like two incomplete games rather than one whole experience. The new team has some pretty bad writers, and for a visual novel, that's a pretty big deal. I'd just want to play according to the vision of the original writer. Might be cheating considering the series is not dead, but after Ace Attorney five, it might as well be.

Metroid - not exactly my cup of tea, but it deserves better than the abomination that was Other M.

Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice seemed fine to me... i quite enjoyed it

but i do agree with both suikoden and banjo kazooie but i think Yooka Laylee will be more fun... Rare is dead... they wont make a good banjo kazooie game ever again

Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice seemed fine to me... i quite enjoyed it

but i do agree with both suikoden and banjo kazooie but i think Yooka Laylee will be more fun... Rare is dead... they wont make a good banjo kazooie game ever again

I also enjoyed Apollo Justice a great deal. It has the best first case and I rather enjoyed the last case as well, actually. The underlying plot of what happened to Phoenix is also really, really interesting. That said, case 4-2 and 4-3 are pretty shoddy, Apollo doesn't grow as a character at all and far too many loose plot threads remain - again, a problem because the new writers are ignoring them. Dual Destinies is essentially trying to reboot a reboot and ignores everything substantial that happened in Apollo Justice aside from Phoenix becoming a lawyer again. The series is a mess at the moment, with one spin-off series with the original writer and the continuation of several reboots with a bad head writer.

Oh I know, but this is a purely hypothetical scenario anyway. A new Banjo Kazooie would be amazing if it was done with that old Rare magic.

As someone who hasn't played Dual Destinies yet? Is it really that bad? Without spoilling anything, can you say what exactly are the game's weaknesses? Just curious

As someone who hasn't played Dual Destinies yet? Is it really that bad? Without spoilling anything, can you say what exactly are the game's weaknesses? Just curious

i liked the game, but... they did change a few things... like you cant examine in any rooms randomly... only in important rooms... there wasnt a "ladder/step ladder" joke... only things i didnt like... other then that i liked it

edit: also this video is pretty much i feel about this game

Edited by animeapple

Dual Destinies is perfectly fine. Don't let them dissuade you from playing it. You can tell that there's a new writer because of the fact that they can't just see into Takumi's mind. I don't really see how people seem to get mad at ditching Apollo Justice's storyline. They can't read Takumi's mind, and funnily enough, Apollo was developed more in Dual Destinies than he ever did in Apollo Justice.

It's not really replayable because this game's cases really really depend on you not knowing how things unfold unlike other AAs, but you'll get your money's worth.

I'm also way more excited for AA6 than for DGS. I love the idea of the Kurain Kingdom and still having Athena, and I just don't care about Sherlock Holmes.

Edited by Miss Kira

when? i even examined a ladder and there was no joke about it... unless i missed it... i tried to examine any ladder i saw

In case 2. You have to examine an air duct.

Lemme see...

Bubsy (Yes I love the series especially Fractured Furry Tales and Furbitten Planet, please don't judge)

Shining Force (pls Sega why do you have to treat Camelot like garbage :L)

Phantasy Star (Make a new millennium! Combo attacks were fun to find out, and those sidequests were awesome! More more more!)

Streets of Rage (Would be great to see more beat em up with Axel and co.)

Alex Kidd (Bring back the original mascot!)

Fantasy Zone/Space Harrier (Bring back the original original mascot!)
Flicky (Bring back the original original original mascot!)

ActRaiser (Hopefully if they do come back they'll put the sim back in, it won't be the same without it)

Virtua *something here* (Fighter, Racing, I'm cool with anything.)

MOTHER (The world may be our Mother 4, but it would be cool to see another sequel and make the wold Mother 5)\

Tempest (We need a Tempest 4000! Yes, Tempest 3000 exists on a console...that has 8 games and only sold for like 4 months no really search it up Tempest fans will be amazed)

Technically only one game but would love sequels:

Dynamite Dux

Dynamite Headdy

Ristar the Shooting Star

Edited by NoMansLand

that was a joke about air ducts... not ladders... its not the same thing!

Here's how the dialogue goes:

Athena Cykes

There really is no escaping here through the air duct.

Apollo Justice

And here we went through all the trouble of bringing a ladder to check it out.

Athena Cykes

That's not a ladder, Apollo. It's a stepladder.

Apollo Justice

What's the difference? They both have the word ladder in them.

Athena Cykes

What's the difference. ..?.. .. .. .. .. ..Oh, I know! Let's play rock, paper scissors to decide who's right!

Apollo Justice

You're way too competitive. And it's not even related to the original issue, either!

It definitely keeps the Ladder/Stepladder running gag. You're just reaching for reasons as to why it doesn't count.

Here's how the dialogue goes:

Athena Cykes

There really is no escaping here through the air duct.

Apollo Justice

And here we went through all the trouble of bringing a ladder to check it out.

Athena Cykes

That's not a ladder, Apollo. It's a stepladder.

Apollo Justice

What's the difference? They both have the word ladder in them.

Athena Cykes

What's the difference. ..?.. .. .. .. .. ..Oh, I know! Let's play rock, paper scissors to decide who's right!

Apollo Justice

You're way too competitive. And it's not even related to the original issue, either!

It definitely keeps the Ladder/Stepladder running gag. You're just reaching for reasons as to why it doesn't count.

okay fine you are right... ill just replay the case again later...